setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Private] Not my body not my scene

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Michelle Hawke | Human; Citizen

Posted on Tue Nov 07, 2017 7:01 pm

Thread Details
Play Dance Club ⋅ Clear ⋅ Night

Bodycon dresses were the uniform here, right? Almost thought I'd get turned away at the door if I was showing any less skin. And, no, this wasn't my regular scene but it wasn't bad. That's exactly what I wanted, wasn't it? Shit got real weird. Claire tryna tell me I'd had my shit mauled by some dude, some guy I can't even remember it happening. I remember injuries, I remember them being... gone.  And I felt less and less... together. I'd spent so much time, maybe even years, trying to pull away. Same shit always happened. I broke, violently, and tried some stupid shit. (Apparently shit I didn't remember.) But also, shit that made me not want to go home. It just felt like it had this aura of nope dot com around it. So I was going with an alternate plan, one I'd actually stumbled on by accident. Kinda. It might have been left over from my hospital stay. It was a feeling I missed which was a kind of forget alcohol couldn't even provide. But I wanted something different. Not an opioid haze but an actual detachment from reality. If I was going to feel detached, I might as well cement it, make it intentional. So here I was, stepping into the Walmart of drugs with the bodycon dress code.

So what the fuck do I say? I didn’t talk to people without an obvious in, and obvious prompt. And I was pretty fucking sure I’d come off looking like some DEA narc. But I was going to try, goddammit. Wait - no, got it, maybe? Keep your eyes peeled. Watch for some fuckers doing it, then get in. Get close, touch, dance, what the fuck ever - maybe they’ll offer. It was worth a shot, right? Still, it was me, so alcohol wouldn’t hurt, even if my mission had me… confident? I marched up to the bar, pushed away the stick thin dude, and leaned against the counter. Tequila, three shots. The woman working the bar raised her brows but it was quickly followed by a grin. When they were placed in front, I downed them consecutively and turned around, my eyes trying to find a microtransaction when my vision was apparently shit.  

Back to top Go down

Re: [Private] Not my body not my scene

Blake Vancel | Vampire; Young

Posted on Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:30 pm

Oh excuse me. I said rudely as I wedged my way past a pair of humans practically devouring each other's mouths with their own. Disgusting. I quickly used the rhythm of the loud music to move my way past some drunk women and hopeful men on the dance floor. I didn't have a good excuse for being here. It felt lonely sometimes in that mansion and being able to focus on my internal demons didn't make it any better. I was in the mood to dress up and there's something amazing about being able to feel the loud, powerful beat through your body.

I made my way to the bar, squeezing in between two men trying to get the bartender's attention. I leaned both of my elbows on the edge of the bar counter, stretching my back out over dramatically. I could feel the fabric of the back of my dress rise up slightly against my skin. I kept my eyes focused on the bartender, pretending not to notice anyone else near me. As soon as I caught the bartender's attention, I quickly placed my drink order. One Kamikaze please. I said with a big smile to the bartender. She nodded in my direction and started tossing the ingredients into a cocktail shaker.

One of the males next to me placed his order as mine is place on the counter in front of me. Rum and Jack please. I eyed him up and down then took my shot. I exhaled enjoying the orange and lime flavor aftertaste. He was a tall skinny, string bean looking fellow. Wearing the standard solid colored dress with the sleeves rolled up to the elbows. Typically not my type, but I was bored and looking for some attention. Nice choice, very classy. I said as I turned to him with a bright smile on my face.

Well, I know it's not as creative as yours, but simple is always nice. He paused and held his hand out, Jake. Not the one from State Farm though. I placed my hand in his and gently shook it, Audrey. Not the actress though.

I stood there talking to string bean Jake for a bit, until a woman pushes him out of her way. He stepped forward to re-balance himself surprised, but doesn't lose his drink. I look up to see who was the culprit and I found myself looking at a long, deep magenta haired woman. Something about her gave me a sense of familiarity, but I couldn't put my hands on where I knew her from. I squinted my eyes trying to see her face without the girl noticing I was staring at her. As she turned to face the crowd I catch a glimpse of her face and her blue eyes. I followed her stare into the crowd as I stood there, continuing to ignore whatever string bean Jake was telling me, until it finally clicked. Was that Michelle? I tilted my head still looking in the distance. She looks so different.

Are you even listening? String bean Jake finally let out and stopped talking. Hm? Yeah sure. I'll be back. Keeping my distance within the crowd of people I started walking in her direction slowly. I could hear string bean behind me calling out for Audrey, but by this point I forgot who that even was.

Back to top Go down

Re: [Private] Not my body not my scene

Michelle Hawke | Human; Citizen

Posted on Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:19 pm

Nothing. Of course it didn’t mean nothing was happening. It just meant I was shit at finding it, seeing it. Should have stayed home and googled it but I felt like it was better just to find the shit and pay cash. Besides, I wanted it now. Well, alright then, in my short experience I had learned how to find something - stop looking for it. Instead, I wanted to find someone, anyone, to take my mind off things. Maybe if I liked them enough I could take them home. Maybe I could take more than one person home. Why the fuck not? Maybe they’d bring a gun and shoot me in the head when we were done. I think that’d be okay.

Redhead two o’clock. I did a double take. Couldn’t place her at first, but I think it was the environment that helped. The mindset, right? Loud music, people in revealing clothes trying to get laid (including myself.) I didn’t know her name. It was at that party, with Kai. Hrm, at the very least, I’d have an ice breaker, right? Besides, she was a vampire, wasn’t she? I mean, there was a memory wipe on the table. Shit, do you know how much that fucked me up, by the way? How much had Gayle wiped from me, or anyone else? Did she actually wipe anything that night? I wouldn’t even fucking know. Maybe I could ask. The thought, for no apparent reason, but a snarky grin on my face. Finally, I decided to just go up and say whatever words fell out of my mouth.

Hey! I said, and I had no idea if I sounded as enthusiastic as I wanted or if it was bad acting. I take it you never wiped my memory, because I remember you. I mean not your name, but I don’t remember anybody’s name. And at this moment, if I were her, I’d make myself scarce because I was the lamest of lame.

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics