setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Private] It's just religion

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Ben

Benjamin Reese | Vampire; Infant

Posted on Thu Jun 08, 2017 11:54 am

Thread Details
Index General ⋅ Foggy ⋅ Morning

Ben is wearing dark grey scrub pants and a tight white tee, his badge is just hanging from the waistband of his pants. Because, yanno, hot. Also,
this thread takes place the morning after this thread.

The woman wouldn’t have phased me, It wasn’t like seeing the same stranger a few times was a big deal, especially when you lived in a condo setting. Would have been easy to assume she was just a neighbor. But it happened again, here. She stood at the edge of the parking lot and I saw her as I got out of the car. We stood there for a moment, and her eyes were definitely fixed on me. Took her a little bit longer for that smile to creep up on her, but it happened and as soon as I started moving she disappeared. It didn’t take me long to make the connection between her and the wounds that appeared upon waking. Currently, it wasn’t too bad. The ones that Dr. Kyle had seen last night had all but dissipated thanks to his serum - but when I had begun the treatments they disappeared immediately. It was happening much faster than it usually took for humans to become tolerant or resistant to a drug. That was one of the downsides to our speed, I guess.

Hadn’t seen much of what the supremacy had warned about, which made me think Gayle had either gone soft or changed her plans. Or again, maybe I’d just chosen the wrong place to work. Seattle might have been more of a hotspot but that usually wasn’t the case for Index. Then again, how much of that could I get done working a day shift? Then I remembered that there was one coming, another for more coverage once they found the right fit. It was specific, wasn’t it? New vampires with vast medical knowledge. Thanks to compulsion, med school wasn’t an exact requirement which helped.

Dr. Reese, Crystal brought in donuts, you want one? I raised my brows and patted my chest, And ruin this marvelous physique? Thanks but no thanks. Mix of modesty of it being a “joke” and the arrogance that they knew it was true. I had lots of practice with that and it seemed to keep them interested. Wasn’t very hard, was it? Next one’s your turn, 27 year old with some puncture wounds to her hand. Already gave her a tetanus shot, but I wanted you to take a look before I wrapped it up. She handed me the manila folder that contained registration forms and a brief summary of chief complaint. Not much in it since she had just arrived. Huh.. Name was unique, Calypso Paxon. Was there some witty joke here? With Odysseus perhaps? Even if there was, couldn’t really go there, too easy, wasn’t it? Probably heard that shit all her life. But I opened the door and my lips pulled in opposite directions with a huge grin. Should have realized earlier, shouldn’t I? Could I have asked for this to be any better?

Calypso with stigmata. Sounds like a bad crossover episode.

Back to top Go down

Re: [Private] It's just religion

Calypso Bea Paxon | Human; Citizen

Posted on Sat Jun 10, 2017 6:03 pm

I hadn't slept. I hadn't even changed my clothes, which is how I knew shit was really bad. Si had caught on pretty easily that something wasn't right. But the second I brought up my period, he dropped it. I didn't know how to explain the wounds in my hands though, so I dodged around that one with the threat of a kinky story. So cool, now, when my brother thought of me, he'd think of period blood and some fucked fifty shades of grey lifestyle involving his big sister and a mystery guy. That wasn't, I don't know, mortifying or anything. What the hell else could I say? 'Oh I nearly killed some dick guy last night and I don't know why. No big deal.' I mean I was insane, but that was even too much for me to believe.

Which I didn't, by the way. I'd convinced myself that someone had slipped me something. I'd even vaguely remembered tripping... And my hands broke my fall. That was right, wasn't it? That guy... He seemed so real, but the more I went over the events of last night, the less it made any sense. I mean come on... Some rando dude stripping down in an abandoned building for some drugs? Me nearly killing him simply because I felt like it and for no other reason at all? Come on, as much as I liked to pretend my life was a comedy, this wasn't a damned movie. There was no fucking way any of that was real. Unless I fell through a portal into a parallel universe where that kind of shit was ''normal'', I didn't buy it.

So I sat on the bed, my short legs unable to touch the ground, so I swung my legs back and forth while I waited for someone to tell me I could leave. The bandages around my hands made me feel like I had perma-puppets attached to them, which was going to be a fuck load of fun when I was home later. A hot glue gun, some googly eyes, and a puppet theater made out of cardboard. Hell, fucking, yes. I smiled, but something about it felt abnormal. Just don't think about it Caly, it wasn't real girl, you were just high. Of course it wasn't real. Shit like that didn't exist. It just... It just didn't happen to people like me... It didn't happen.

Tell me about it. Can I- My eyes widened with horror when I looked up. Oh fuck no, I was still high?! I hopped off the bed and ran around to the other side, pointing my finger towards him. You're not real. You're a hallucination. Oh my god I'm high, aren't I? Am I in a coma? Is this like one of those... Those things you see in movies? When you enter the brain of a coma patient and you get to see what nightmare they're living in? Holy fuck I'm in a coma! I took another step back and immediately started screaming. WAKE UP CALY! WAKE UP! I screamed the same words over and over again as I tossed a paper cup at him which was just fucking pathetic because it didn't do anything but bounce off of his shoulder. WAKE UP!

Back to top Go down

Ben

Posted on Fri Jun 16, 2017 11:29 pm

I forced myself to drop my smile even though I was practically giddy inside. How long had it been since I had this much fun? Since someone knew I was a threat but not why. My eyes narrowed and I frowned, and brows sunk revealing a concerned look. I need some help in here! Crystal? Bring the ativan! I sat on the corner of the bed, staring up at her and my look of concern didn’t fade. Miss Paxon, it’s okay, do you know where you are right now? Are you seeing things? Crystal came in, unopened syringe in hand along with the vial. Of course, when I actually needed her she was never this quick. Curiosity was apparently great motivation.

Ma’am, I don’t want to hurt you. Have you taken something? It’s okay, we’re not allowed to tell if you did, we just have to know what it is so we can treat you. It took everything I had to force down my grin and I fought the temptation to reveal it quickly, to let her know I was well aware she wasn’t on drugs, wasn’t detoxing from drugs, and had a perfectly viable reason behind her terror. But I wanted her to go further down the rabbit hole first. It could be what she’s not getting, Crystal, if you get my drift. Could be withdraw. Miss Paxon, did you come in with anyone? Is there any family we can call?

Back to top Go down

Calypso Bea Paxon | Human; Citizen

Posted on Wed Jun 21, 2017 2:48 pm

I had to look at this logically, right? This confirmed something that I would have happily gone the rest of my life pretending wasn't real. But I couldn't look at this person and not see the truth. The truth that whatever happened the night before, was real, and he was real. No, I wasn't crazy, I wasn't high, and I definitely wasn't in a coma. I knew for a fact that I was awake, I just knew it. That didn't explain every other fucky thing that was going on, it didn't answer the other thirty questions I had, but I didn't need it to. I knew for sure that this fool was bad news and that was enough for me.

Oh fuck you and your ativan! I'll get a fucking restraining order, don't think I won't! My palms were facing him and arms extended out as a barrier between him and myself, and I was trying to do whatever I could to keep distance between us. Fuck yeah I'm seeing things, I'm seein' you dick guy! You're a fucking stalker, a psycho. You wanna call the cops? Do it bro, what I did was self defense and I can prove it! Of course I couldn't, but for all he knew, I had a friend recording the whole thing the night before. He didn't need to know that wasn't true.

When a woman came in, one of my hands shifted to the side to put a barrier between her, too. You touch me with that needle chick and I'll deck ya'. My eyes darted between the two rapidly and I could feel my heart pumping faster. I'm not on fucking drugs! Are you kidding me right now? He's a damned liar! Last night this douche had nails in his head, and now look at him! Fuck it, I was going to prove it. I lunged after chick and gripped her hand, and jammed it into his throat as far as it'd go.

Back to top Go down

Ben

Posted on Wed Jun 21, 2017 9:17 pm

Better than a roller coaster and almost better than sex. I fought the smile, I fought the fangs, all to keep up the act. Maybe I wouldn’t be able to convince her that she was crazy, not without compulsion, but it was going to be a fun attempt. That’s not necessary, Ms. Paxon. I don’t mean any harm. Lies were easy and I knew it was a lie as I soaked in the sound of every heartbeat, every step back, every millimeter her pupils dilated. Everything she said was easy to twist and spin. Easy to pretend I had no idea what she was talking about and make wild conclusions of what she could possibly mean. What was self defense, Ms. Paxon? What did you do? Is someone hurt?

Crystal had entered just in time. Dr. Reese I think it’s time to page Dr. Strong if you get what I’m saying. I shook my head and grinned at Crystal. You don’t trust me? We’re fine. Has she hit us yet? And again I grinned at Crystal, and it was returned, the kind of grin when you stifle a laugh at a patient you’re standing right in front of. He had nails… in his head? I started to be theatrical about it, dramatically moving my hand over my head to show the absence of nails when the needle plunged into my neck. I reactively pulled it out and threw it to the ground, assuming at first that her intent was to spike me with the ativan. When I saw the look of horror on Crystal’s face, I met her eyes and spoke, That needle bent, didn’t it? That sure was lucky, wasn’t it? I picked up the syringe and calmly placed it into the sharps container before either of the women in the room could investigate. I turned around and glared at Calypso Paxon, shaking my head. Although, Crystal, I think you’re right. I moved quickly but “human” quickly to the door and cracked it, yelling to anyone who would listen. Need Dr. Strong in here!

They didn’t bother paging, two men and one of the more assertive women ran into the room and quickly had her on the stretcher, and with Crystal, each of them had one of her limbs anchored down. I calmly stood above her, looking right into her eyes. Sedate her, I don’t care how, and admit her for observation.

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics