setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Closed] Muerte

[Closed] Muerte

View previous topic View next topic Go down

[Closed] Muerte

Vincent Sawyer Byrne | Wolf; Pack Master/Alpha

Posted on Mon Jun 05, 2017 7:51 pm

Thread Details
Jail ⋅ Raining ⋅ Some time between 10pm and 2am. May 7th/8th

Hola Mijo... Her long fingers coiled around the bars of my cell. Her obsidian eyes burned holes into my own. She’d come in all black, a loose dress that hung below her knees, and blackened socks covered what might have been visible of her shins. A shadow of a person, with a long black braid wrapped around itself at the back of her head. When I looked at her, I didn’t see my mother, I saw fangs, and the brand of Lilith stamped into the center of her forehead like the cult symbol it truly was. My mother was dead.

I hadn’t responded to her greeting, I’d barely even moved. My back sat casually against the corner, my foot on the ‘’bed’’, and arm extended out and propped onto my knee, while my other foot sat firmly against the floor. I did stare right back, however, until that grew boring and I tore my eyes away, looking at nothing, but also everything, anything except her. The last person I cared to see or speak to. You can leave.

No shit I could leave, if I wanted to. I’d already compelled the police that brought me in. As far as anyone was concerned, I was spending a night in the slammer for having one too many drinks and causing a scene, including the officers that brought me in. It was nothing no other wolf hadn’t experienced, something people wouldn’t question or even remember. If they asked why I didn’t compel myself out of the offense, it was easy. Too drunk to care. I’d tell them. They’d likely laugh, and move on. I wondered how easy that lie would be… Watching them laugh as I remembered the flashing red and blue lights dancing across the walls of my home. Hearing them turn it into a joke while was forced to remember the truth of what had landed me in jail for a night. The truth that only myself and Michelle would know. I guess it was okay. At least I had my answer. She was fine enough to call the police on me, but hated me just enough to ignore my texts… It’s what I’d wanted, and I finally got it.

What do you want? I asked, but still refused to look at her. I wasn’t even afraid. It took a lot more to scare me… Her tales of God and hell wouldn’t faze me like they did when I was a boy. To help you see. My head spun around and eyes flashed white, My eyes work fine. I was standing now, right in front of her and I didn’t even remember getting up. I see you for what you are. Muerte. My hand gripped around hers on the bar, squeezing tighter and tighter as my claws emerged very slowly, gradually digging deeper and deeper into the dead flesh of her hand.

I could see her eyes filling with bloody tears again, and it was a cold reminder of the moment when I found out she was alive, only to find out she was dead at the same time. So stubborn… Just like your father in so many ways. Even when you’re drowning, you refuse to pray? I was pushing now, and her voice halted and cracked in pain as I forced my claws into her skin harder and harder. And who do I pray to, Marta? Lilith? She tore her hand away with a look of horror on her face, gripping the slashes in her hand before they healed over. I just gripped the bars, refusing to retract my claws as her blood dripped from them, to the floor. Like a leaking faucet, it was the only sound in between the words we spoke.

Yes to Lilith. She is inside you, Mijo. A Goddess, and you are her vessel. That power inside of you has always been there, she is just showing you how to find it, how to use it. Stop fighting her and you can stop the pain… Embrace her and your suffering can end... Her arm extended through the bars, her hand gently holding my cheek like she actually cared. I could feel myself wanting to give in to it, but I pulled my head away. I wasn’t going to betray Dad, fuck her. I wiped my eyes and this time it was my hand that extended through the bars, but with a furious purpose. I gripped around her throat, my claws extending faster this time. I squeezed and squeezed, growling and then yelling as I knew in an instant I wanted to kill her. I was going to kill her.

It was a manipulation. She may have looked like my mother, but my mother was dead. Just another minion of The Supremacy. Maybe they thought seeing her would weaken me, maybe they thought she could convince me that the pain and suffering was all due to my resistence. Well they were about to learn a cold lesson, the same one that they’d taught me. Lilith is inside of me. And her rage has no end.

I could feel snapping, my hand soaked in the blood of her throat, her eyes wide and fangs extended as she hissed and jerked wildly in my grip like a rabid demon. There it is. The monster I knew she was. Motherly tenderness and kind, caring words weren’t going to pierce through, because I knew exactly what she was.

I finally released her and her knees buckled, sending her to the floor as she gripped her throat and healing began to fuse her skin back together. I just looked at her, then turned my back on her so I could find my seat again. Go away, Marta. You have no influence over me anymore. I buried you with Dad. My head leaned up against the corner and I just looked at her, smirking as those bloody tears finally hit her cheek and streaked their way down. All it took was a blink.

And she was gone.

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics