setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Private] Room 317, Day 1 - Caly and Logan - Page 2

[Private] Room 317, Day 1 - Caly and Logan

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: [Private] Room 317, Day 1 - Caly and Logan

Michelle Hawke | Human; Citizen

Posted on Wed Jun 07, 2017 6:07 pm

I felt kinda sorry for people whose appearance could easily betray their emotions. Like, just the nature of their physical self, their voice. I wasn’t sure if I’d ever seen Caly mad and shit I didn’t know if I could recognize it if she was. Was she actually mad? I got my answer quickly, she was all over the place but I couldn’t blame her. Honestly, this shit was just weird. I know I should have been more fucked over this. Or at least, I was an emotional train wreck over the wrong things and any time I wasn’t doped up Claire was there or now Caly, not meaning I didn’t want them around but… I couldn’t think about why I was upset. Maybe it was a good thing. Damn, that’s kind of a good point. It happened to me before, drink to forget and it fucking multiplies shit.

You’re making it way too easy, but I can roll with that. I was smiling and it was probably the first time that delirium hadn’t been the cause. Caly was this bright star in my life and I mean it might not seem like much but sometimes just her being around made me feel happier and I forgot about work troubles, forgot about the ever looming fact that my existence is basically wrong. How about, like everything on Dolls kill? I wouldn’t be the first to max out a credit card. God, I so fucking would do that for her right now.

Had no idea how to explain my feelings when I heard her question. I absolutely hated the idea of lying to Caly, even if it was to keep her from worrying, keep her from being a mess. I wanted to, but I felt my throat, my stomach and my fingers tense up. To be honest, I was worried as fuck. Her question reminded me of that and the fact that I couldn’t easily explain it, I didn’t understand it, but I honestly didn’t want to die. Just felt like I had to. My lips pursed together and I gripped the bedsheet and I couldn’t look at her I just stared forward and I knew the most honest thing I could say and it would sound dramatic as fuck but it was the truth. It depends on how strong I am. I fought really fucking hard but now it was me who had fucking waterfalls coming out of my eyes. I’m really fucking scared.

It spilled out because it was Caly, I mean who am I kidding? She was part of what I had to make my family. My sister. She deserved to know more, but fuck, what little she did know - well shit she didn’t believe it and she was the one person I thought had a normal reaction to that. But the thing was, I was trying to tell her, I was going to say something but every time I tried it just came out as a sob.

Back to top Go down

Calypso Bea Paxon | Human; Citizen

Posted on Sat Jun 10, 2017 5:41 pm

So yeah I'd thought over some shit. I mean not deeply, I hadn't really had any time for ''deep thought'' over this booshit. But I had thought over some things. Just little red flags that I'd somehow missed. Small details that, well you know how it goes, hindsight is twenty-twenty, so they say. Michelle had secrets, and of course I felt stupid because I was almost angry that she kept secrets from me. I didn't keep anything from her and I'd been told in the past that my openness was a bit too much for people to handle. So I understood on some level, that maybe she and her secrets were normal and I was just the oddball for not knowing when to shut up. But somehow those secrets had lead us to here, with Michelle laying in a hospital bed and no real solid explanation as to why. I probably wouldn't have assumed something so terrifying, if I hadn't seen those messages. Now it was all I could think about, it was all I believed to be true... And I didn't even know what 'it' was. I guess it was time for me to put my detective hat on...

Seeing her smile was heartbreaking, but not... I couldn't describe it. You can start there... But just hold on for a minute because... I feel like we're back asswards here... Shouldn't I be doing something for you? Like, girl, don't even think I'm kidding, you want me to smuggle you in some Taco Bell or what? I promise I won't hide it in any unsanitary holes. Food, of course that's where my head went. I guess I was inexperienced in the tragedy department. Food fixed a broken heart, it fixed a bad day at work, it fixed almost everything... Did it fix this kind of thing too? God I hoped so. But something told me it wouldn't... It was just a bandaid. Holy fuck... Wait a minute? Was this some kind of diversion tactic? Was she turning the focus towards my emo ass to avoid the giant elephant dick in the room? Oh hell no. Nice try Michelle Susan Hawke... Or... What the fuck I didn't even know Michelle's middle name... Now I felt like shit all over again.

What does that even mean? I glared, but not at her... Just at... Well I was just damned confused. And then I wasn't... Hell, now I was far from confused and of course seeing her cry, and hearing what she'd just said, and how she'd said it, I couldn't help it, I was crying too, my arms wrapped around her head like I was hugging a basketball to my cheek. I didn't know what to say, I didn't... Great freakin' Scott! Michelle was like an alien, one with special powers, she'd found a way to fucking shut me up!

Don't be scared okay? Because that scares me, and I absolutely CAN NOT deal with you crying it literally- I didn't know where to go with that, so I just stopped. You've answered my question, you know that right? While she didn't give me a definitive answer, I knew what her response meant. I was worried. I probably always would be. As much as I want you to let me in and just tell me what the fuck is going on with you, as much as I wanna be strong for you SeaShells, I can't. I'm scared shitless over this shit and I just want you to know that even though I don't know what the fuck I can do for you, I'm gonna be here for you okay? Don't worry about worrying me, don't, because I'm gonna be worried no matter what I just... I wanna help you the only way I know how so... She wasn't gonna tell me shit, I could feel it. Not the whole truth anyway.

I released her head and pulled up the bag, digging in first for her phone. I brought this... I passed it to her and kept my eyes on her face. It's charged. And... I dug into the bag again like I was looking for something, but I wasn't. My eyes were sneakily looking to her face for any reaction at all. I was playin' her, and I hated it, but I had to.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Fri Jun 16, 2017 11:17 pm

First she was pissed, then feeling sorry for me, and really I couldn’t expect anything else but I’d take the anger over the sympathy. It made me feel kind of pathetic in a weird way. As opposed to sanitary holes? I grinned, No, I mean, I just suck because, I don’t know, it’s kinda weird- Weird having anyone who gave two shits about me, honestly. I had friends, and a long time ago I had Gio, but he had pretty much abandoned me and friends, like Maggie - well she had too. I had Vincent, well, had until I fucked it up, and I had Caly. And for some reason Claire and Logan were sticking around as if they were my actual parents. Was that why they were here? Obligation? Fuck, maybe it was because I had come to them, but it wasn’t because I wanted a pity party. I just wanted to control it. I never saw so much as a scratch on Claire. Maybe it was the realization that I just had Caly now that had broke the wall I was trying so hard to keep up.

It felt warm, and I wished that I could just cry until I felt better, have her hold me until I felt better. We’d spent so much time together but this was the first time she’d had a glimpse of my dark life and fuck, no it wasn’t a glimpse it was a fucking high def picture of the worst part. The sweeter Caly was the more I cried because, instead of hating the pity and feeling awkward, I just felt like I didn’t deserve it. But that didn’t mean I didn’t need someone now, just someone to be there. When I finally caught my breath, when I was able to loosen my throat and wipe the watery snot on the sheet (fuck it, where else was it going to go?) I calmed down finally enough to talk. I want to tell you, God, but, I’ll end up in a straight jacket.

I had intentionally pushed Vincent from my mind. It was better that way, wasn’t it? It wasn’t easy and I either had to keep occupied or doped up. But that didn’t mean as soon as I got my phone I wasn’t going to see if he’d said anything. My heart felt like it was on hold and so was my breath but I waited as long as I could because I wasn’t a fucking douche. Oh, god, thanks girl. I smiled, but immediately began bringing up my texts, wondering if I could even bring myself to send him anything if he hadn’t texted me. Fuck, even if he had. But as I pulled up the blank message history, my face eyes widened immediately before my entire face locked in place. I couldn’t piece together the entire story of how she knew to go there, but he had to have sent something, something if it prompted her to delete it. What the fuck was it? A threat? More warnings to stay away? I was quiet and I couldn’t tear my eyes from the blank white screen. I inhaled sharply.

If you tell me what he said, I’ll tell you everything. Please.

Back to top Go down

Calypso Bea Paxon | Human; Citizen

Posted on Wed Jun 21, 2017 2:48 pm

I smiled, and I felt shit for it. She made a joke, and I shouldn't have smiled, because this was supposed to be sad times. And it was sad times, or... Well okay it wasn't completely sad times, it was fear times is what it was. Fear and confusion, I even smiled again, thinking that's what our girl band would be named, and felt shit all over again. What's weird? Girl, if I couldn't handle weird we wouldn't even be roomies okay? Weird is kinda... Our thing. Weird and unusual, those were our names, our own version of Wayne and Garth.

Michelle, seriously. For one, you'd look sexy as hell in a straight jacket, for two, you really think I'd let someone do that to you? Get real, chick, I'm the only one here, and the only one that'll hear, and you know I wouldn't tell a soul. As if. I honestly couldn't even imagine anything she'd say could lead to that. She could tell me she's been running off into the woods once a week to have an orgy with a family of fairies and I still wouldn't think she was crazy. Just because you don't believe something doesn't mean it isn't true, right?

Now this was the moment I was waiting for, and I wasn't a complete piece of shit either. Because while I scanned her face for a reaction, I knew if she gave me what I expected she'd give me, I'd tell her the truth. She was my girl, my damned homie, and I wasn't about to lie to her. What I did was for her protection. It was the best thing for her, and whether she understood that or not, it didn't change the fact that it was the right thing to do. Maybe nothing had been said bluntly in those messages, but it didn't take a genius to put the pieces together. Michelle being in the hospital now only confirmed what I suspected to be true. Whoever Joe Dirt was, he was a true piece of garbage.

And there it was. That look on her face. Those wide eyes, that flat expression. I knew it. Slap a pipe in my mouth and call me Sherlock because I was clearly a damned genius. I was surprised the mayors office wasn't calling me right now to offer me a detectives badge. I'm not gonna do that Michelle. It was practically a whisper, and I couldn't even look her in the eyes. Even though I knew this was the right thing to do, it didn't make it sting any less. I didn't want to hurt her, I didn't want her to be angry with me, but I also wouldn't tell her what she wanted to know. What I can tell you, is that I know more about how you ended up here than you probably think I do...

Back to top Go down

Posted on Wed Jun 21, 2017 8:32 pm

My eyes closed, I smiled and I felt at least a little relaxed. Right now, at this very moment, everything was okay. It definitely wasn’t - I’d lost a best friend, but when I shrunk the world to this room alone, it was okay. Weird is definitely our thing and I’m more than okay with that. Finally I opened my eyes and let her see the smile, hoping it would tell her what I couldn’t say which was how much I appreciated her being here with me.

My eyes widened and I grinned, knowing I was going to address an elephant in the room that at this point I just enjoyed looking at, even dusted a time or two just to let it shine. Does that mean I should go buy one? I wriggled my brows the best I could because that was an expression I was sure I sucked at. I know that, well, maybe, but I know you don’t really.. You don’t believe my um.. Origin story or whatever the fuck you’d call it. So, I’m not sure how to explain any of it anyway.

I couldn’t look at her, not because I was angry with her, but yes, I was frustrated. With her, yes, even though I shouldn’t be, but mostly at the situation. Because telling her would just make shit look worse. Would make me look like I was taking up for some wife-beating slumbag. But all I could do was try, right? You don’t know, though, I mean… I sighed again, locking the phone but letting my thumbs paddle at the screen as if I was typing. I put his hand on the gun and I made him pull the trigger, do you understand? And I don’t mean that ‘I deserved it’ bullshit. I mean.. I mean I literally placed his hands around my neck and squeezed. Finally I dropped the phone and sighed, looking at her, frowning, eyes pleading for her to understand something that wasn’t normal for anyone. He thinks I used him for that, you know? That’s worse than this, I said, my hand gesturing toward my body and my fucked up hip. But I have to keep it that way. God, I’d opened up a damn and I knew what I was spillin’ was making less sense by the minute.

I’m sorry, Caly, you’re my best friend and this shit is nuts and unbelievable and I should.. Let’s just.. Forget about it.

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics