setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Private] Room 317, Day 2 - Kai

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Michelle Hawke | Human; Citizen

Posted on Mon Jun 05, 2017 6:05 pm

Thread Details
Index General Hospital ⋅ Gloomy, but dry ⋅ 1:30pm

Michelle is wearing black lounge pants and a purple/blue tie dye shirt. splint on her left wrist. Neck is bruised.

Everything from sitting on Claire's porch to this moment was haze, a few brief memories occasionally surfaced, especially the ones I didn't want. My face landing against Vincent's living room floor. The look on his face when he told me to leave, the anger I felt radiating from him. That moment in my bedroom when my anger with myself shadowed everything about me.  The pain I felt when Claire and Logan took me inside, and me laughing in Claire's face when she insisted I come here. Man, apparently I was a dick when I was hurt, and it was a damn good thing I wasn't more lucid than I had been. I was in a spiral, basically, and some of it was self pity but not because of my injuries but the enormous amount of guilt I had for dragging everyone into my bullshit. I made excuses for myself, I didn't know how badly I was hurt, I didn't know Logan would be there. But I didn't make excuses for my original act. I should have fucking thought about it before I even went over there, before I sent a text. But there was one person I hadn't hurt, I hadn't fucked over. Not yet, anyway. Maybe I could hit the brakes right now. Kai had believed my story, so maybe he would understand my warning. A small part of me hoped he could help, but I wasn't counting on it. I just wanted someone to know my baggage before they suffocated in it like everyone else. So I pulled the phone from the beside table and typed out the message.

Watching shitty TV, eating Jello, dreading the next time I had to piss because it was a goddamn satanic ritual to get to a toilet when you couldn't use one of your legs. That's all I could do. Claire was "on guard" which was another fucked up thing about this. Did they think he was going to come see me? He didn't want to see me again. It was over. I didn't have some abusive stalker. I was the danger here. Which lead to the fact that a few of the times I had asked the nurse for meds was less about the physical pain and more about the mental. Whatever was in the shot made it hella easy to forget.

It took no time for the phone to buzz again, and my heart raced as I read the message. At this point something that should have been good sent a pang of guilt down my spine and back up into my chest. I didn't fucking deserve anyone who would drop whatever they were doing for me. A sad smile spread across my face and I was thankful for the clothes Caly had brought because I was trying my best not to look so fucking pitiful. Though, bitch refused to buy me turtlenecks. I could hide everything but that, and in its current stage even I had trouble looking at it. Thank god it didn't swell, but at this point it just looked so fucking dark with these green edges. Should I text him back? Tell him to wait a day? No, fuck, rip off the bandaid because a day wasn't going to do shit, was it? Call out Sephora, bring the full coverage foundation, right?  
Fiyaahh
Shit, I should have said. I'm fine, not an emergency. Just,
would like to see you and need to talk. But if it's convenient now, that's awesome.
1:15 PM

Pushed the phone away to the table. Claire? Am I allowed to have visitors? A guy? He's um.. he's good peeps, I promise. She'd been standing at the door, looking out like someone was going to come charging in. I didn't deserve this, she didn't deserve to deal with this shit. Had no fucking clue why her or Logan cared so much. I'd only went to her house to ask how to make it fucking stop. Can I interview him first? She grinned,
giving me this try-hard sassy look to show she was kidding but I really wasn't sure at this point. Oh, gawd, are you serious? He's not um... you know, he's not.. one of them. I swear.

Back to top Go down

Re: [Private] Room 317, Day 2 - Kai

Malakai Greenmantle III | Warlock; Elementalist

Posted on Mon Jun 05, 2017 8:33 pm

Read Michelle’s message while driving. Big faux pas when I’d only that morning blasted Dom for running a red light due to having to answer a text immediately. Snapping like that for something so minor had me scratching my head. Dom too. Was made worse that in the middle of a work day I’d just taken off my tie and told him I was bailing to go to the hospital. My day had been filled with countless meetings all about the state of the Museum. Having to push back an opening gala, which I had never needed to do before. Sticking to deadlines and schedules was an artistic feat I was blisteringly good at. What? Why? Are you sick is that why you’ve been Dr Malakai and Mr Pod person? “It’s Michelle.” Fuuuck man, she's just a girl. A girl you haven’t even fucked. Or are you really bullshitting us? Was it that good that her vagina is now the holy bloody grail? “She’s in the hospital, Dom. The Hospital. Golden Vagina or not I’m not going to say I’m too busy.” But you are man, you are. That uppity bitch from the historical society is going to be here in thirty minutes. Are you even going to be back before then? “Unlikely. You’ll do fine. All I need from her is a sign that we are meeting all the established criteria for restoration.” Me? You’re leaving me to do this? Are you crazy? I was. Dom had no idea how to deal with individuals of Elizabeth Mongomery’s caliber. Will would have been a better substitute for myself but he was already in Seattle dealing with another issue. Yet in the car driving slightly over the speed limit on route to the hospital, I couldn’t even imagine the catastrophic disaster I might have to clean up later. All that mattered was getting to Michelle. I was a show pony, complete with blinkers, happy with being strapped into a harness. Though also nervous as all hell about the jumping event I was about to canter into.

“Michelle Hawk. Room 317?” Didn’t even give the lady at the desk a smile. Discarding my manners at the door. Luckily she was probably used to people forgetting to be decent to their fellow human being when faced with getting a text message like mine. Don’t know what Michelle was thinking but saying she was in the hospital and then trying to team that with a statement that it wasn’t an emergency, was not going to fly straight. The last time I’d seen her in person she had offered herself as a meal option to a Vampire. All of this screamed that I had made a big mistake. That I was in some way responsible for where she was because I hadn’t had the balls to actually suggest meeting up. Just getting excited over the fire engine alert on my phone. Learning about the video games she was into. The music she liked. All things of great importance to me because they were her, but nothing that really delved deep into what we should have been talking about. The woman waved a hand in the direction of a corridor and I managed to get out a “Thanks” as I strode quickly, keeping my eyes peeled for room numbers.

As I got closer I noticed a dark haired girl sitting on a plastic chair outside a room. She’d been pointed out to me at a distance before. Dom and Will wanted to join up to a car club that ran in Index. Chomping at the bit for some bonding time that didn’t have anything to do with them lending a hand with the Museum, or trying to drag me out of my office, away from my books, to grab a drink. When I realized she was stationed right outside Michelle’s room I opened my mouth to say something to her. No words came out. I just hastily ran both my hands through my hair and adjusted my jacket. I did want to speak to her. Something about her made me want to. Wasting coherent thought on a gasoline bunny no matter how cute she was would not help me with what I was about to do though. Needed all my wits about me. So instead of even offering her a weak greeting, I just gave her a tight smile and sighed before I pushed open the door to Michelle’s room. Should have brought something with me. My Mother had always taught me that one shouldn’t visit the ailing without a gift of some description. Hadn’t had time for any of that. Common curtseys be damned.

“Michelle..” I stopped at her bedside and though I wanted to grin at her, attempt to at least make her feel better, I couldn’t. My face twisted into an expression of pain, nodding the whole time. “I know, I know, don’t freak out. This is me not freaking out.” I was though. Internally I was a wreck. I was just as bad as whoever or whatever had done this to her. My absence reflecting an apathy I just didn’t feel. “What….what the fuck happened?” My anger at myself manifested itself in a swear word I didn’t often use. Her neck looked like a painting that had been created by an artist that refused to use colors that had any beauty to them. Her arm was strapped up. Immobilized due to whatever trauma had been inflicted upon it. I couldn’t help but look at that neck bruise and assume she’d been playing chicken with Vampires again.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Mon Jun 05, 2017 10:24 pm

Hadn’t gotten that reaction from the nurses who walked in, maybe one had came in all serious-like and gave me a pamphlet about domestic abuse. She was more awkward about it than me. Seen it from Caly and now Kai and that was enough. Then, looking at him, couldn’t help thinking how strange it was that someone who dressed like that was here for me. Felt like someone was here to give me a bible or tell me my car was blocking his Jaguar. Please, please, don’t. I’m fine, seriously. I smiled, like, actually was smiling even though my insides were twisting thinking about just what the actual hell I was going to say to him. Almost jumped, though, thought I’d actually get an actual calm and collected person to talk to me. All I’d thought about once I’d gotten the text that he was coming was what lie I’d make up when he inevitably asked what happened. Even though I knew part of the point of having him here was telling the partial truth - as a warning. At the least I could make a shit attempt at breaking the awks that suffocated the first few moments when my friends first saw me.

Well, yanno I was just walking down the street and there was this actual hoard of puppies. Cute as shit, too. Corgis, pugs, even shepherds. Totally knocked me down and just showered me with love. I can promise you they meant no harm. Tried to sound peppy as I could but felt that usual twinge when I saw the stare at my neck. Fuck, maybe the gift shop had a scarf because I was tired of this shit. Was the least of my fucking injuries, which I’d discovered the tally was a hairline fracture in my femur, another in my wrist, neither requiring surgery but what kept me here was the fucking hematumor? Basically the big fucking bruise on my thigh. Had to be on bedrest until some doctor said I could get up.

Was awkward to look at him, wasn’t sure why, or I was and just didn’t want to think about it. But I forced myself to. Wasn’t he like, legit the opposite of what I’d surrounded myself with? Some piece of life within my grasp that was brighter than everything else but I’d put myself in a trench full of shit and really didn’t deserve to crawl out. I’m really glad you’re here. Shit, I knew that was the reason I hadn’t tried to see him again. Kept him at arm’s length with text but refused to risk fucking up what I had.

Back to top Go down

Malakai Greenmantle III | Warlock; Elementalist

Posted on Wed Jun 07, 2017 4:33 am

Looking on the bright side was my automatic standpoint when dealing with anything. Stress was just another motivator. Lately, I’d been finding it difficult to maintain a smile when even my uncanny ability to work through the most complicated of problems wasn’t helping to unravel the tangle of issues that lay before me. I had to believe that digging myself deeper was just the only way to eventually make it back the surface. Sometimes the way upward wasn’t a direct line. When dealing with so many situations where I didn’t feel in control in any remote definition of the word, even I had to admit that I was struggling. “Corgis.” She was cute as all hell and trying like I wanted to, to see a ray of light in what was actually a wasteland but this was so not the time, or the place to be making up adorable stories. Didn’t stop me from briefly smiling at the realization that we had something further in common that wasn’t just video game trivia. Right now I knew that this wasn’t comparable to me dazzling a disgruntled customer with a grin and offering up an alternative perspective to what they saw as a discrepancy in the function of a charm. No, this was clear avoidance that wasn’t going to help matters in the slightest. “Did these kawaii puppies have fangs Michelle?” I paced a little at the foot of her bed, stopping to rest my hand on the metal frame like I needed something physical to keep myself grounded in the room. “I’ll meet you halfway. I’m not going to come and join you in a fantasy world where this isn’t serious and you don’t have to subscribe to End of Days Weekly…not that’s what I’m selling.” Certainly felt like it but Michelle had asked that I didn’t freak out and I was trying to abide by her wishes. She was the one in the hospital bed after all.

“You are clearly not fine. Saying it doesn’t make it real.” I looked around to find a seat of some description. Not that I really wanted to sit down but because I felt like I needed to be doing something. Anything. I’d spent so long avoiding having to face up to the fact I needed to find some way of really showing her what it is I was without trying to inadvertently glaze over the fact that I like all Supernatural creatures, was dangerous. When I thought about it I didn’t actually want her to think that I could be like so many others and think nothing of her life. I couldn’t make myself become an exception to a rule because then it opened a door for others to do the same. While I was wholely honest when I said I didn’t want to hurt her, it didn’t mean that when another Vampire, Warlock, Witch or Wolf said the same thing that it would be true. That none of us could accidentally put her in danger. Just being around her made fire bubble in the pit of my stomach for Christ's sake, I couldn’t let how I felt about her get in the way of what I needed her to understand. Yet I wasn’t at all confident that I could. This feeling was intense and that alone should make me want to try to push it aside for her betterment but I also didn’t want to give it up.

Grabbing a chair I actually dragged it over the floor rather than lifting it. A growling grinding sound filling the room for a moment. When it came to a stop next to her bedside I sighed deeply and managed to finally give her a normal warm smile. “I’m really glad that you asked me to come.” I couldn’t imagine a world where someone like her didn’t have a multitude of friends and family that would have gladly come to see her. Was more than likely not the first which then had me worried about how long she had actually been here. How badly she had originally been injured. Guilt was not easily ignored. It leveled down on my shoulders like the heaviest weight I had ever had to carry. An apology wasn’t going to cut it. “I’m sorry that I didn’t suggest we speak properly before. I know I made excuses about being busy with the Museum but that clearly isn’t as big of an anchor as I made it out to be.” Considering I was meant to be at work, should be there, right now was a clear testament to how unimportant it was. Though I knew that shouldn’t be the case. I’d never pushed aside Business obligations of any description for anyone in the past. Not even actual girlfriends.

Sitting down, though perching myself on the edge of the seat like I knew I wasn’t going to be able to stay stationary for long I shook my head. “If I’d been able to get over my nerves about talking to you about what I am, where you come from and why that feels familiar to me then…” I wasn’t so arrogant to think that I could have made a drastic change in her life but maybe I could have been the catalyst for this not happening. Lessen the severity or in the very least have gotten a phone call or text message when things had gotten bad. Not after the fact when I was powerless to do anything about it.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Wed Jun 07, 2017 11:12 pm

Fangs. Right on the fucking money. It was clear I was joking and trying to lighten the mood, but I had to keep reminding myself of why I’d asked him here. The way I planned on telling him, leaving him an option was completely fucking selfish, but well, I had seen something between hazes that had… well fuck it might have been a long shot but it had given me hope. I made a connection with it and had no idea if it was real or in my head but I realized I was envious. Logan was leaning against the doorframe and I knew they both thought I was sleeping. Without a word, Claire had walked up to him and simply placed her head on his chest and held on to him. Was quiet, serene and probably something neither of them thought anyone else had seen. Was he how she kept her shit under wraps? What was different? I had people I cared about in my life. Why was it so much stronger?

I exhaled and didn’t confirm or deny the question and I knew my silence would confirm. Like I said, this was part of why I’d asked him here. Time to be honest, because I was finding out I was a shit liar. I am fine, Kai, and I looked directly at him and all the “joke” had left my expression, compared to what it could have been and what I was going for. I hated saying I. It wasn’t that I didn’t want to take responsibility but it made me seem fucking suicidal and I’ve never been suicidal but I could swear there was a difference.

I needed some white noise, TV, something, to break the awkward silence between our words and the grating sound of the chair. Why couldn’t these assholes sit on the bed with me? I didn’t bite and shit was much more comfortable. I used my hands to prop myself up and scoot back in the bed, partly because I was restless and partly to make room in case he did want to join me even though I hadn’t offered. God I was so shit at this, I was meant to be warning him, warning my friends but I couldn’t keep myself from wanting them to be closer. I’d admitted to Caly that I was scared and it was true. Goes both ways, I could have - I stopped that immediately because it was a lie. No, fuck this. I tilted my head back as I sighed and realized the easy part was probably over. I had to go and ruin everything. I haven’t asked to see you but I asked you here partly to explain why. This has nothing to do, I mean, fuck. My head was scrambling because his If sounded like bargaining or trying to somehow twist things like he could have done something but I wasn’t going to assume.

I’m going to show you what I’ve been trying to hide but I have, like I have a fucking disclaimer, first, okay? Like, you need to know some shit first. I was actually going to do this and fuck my life if this wasn’t some bullshit attention seeking cry for help I don’t know what was. One, I need you to realize that I am not suicidal. I’ll attempt to explain later but it’s hard when I can’t understand it myself. Suddenly I remembered Claire outside the door, but I looked and I couldn’t see her. Had she given me privacy? Either way I didn’t see her even if she was just next to it. She knew, though, she knew why I was doing what I was doing. I didn’t want her to know specifics and I desperately tried to avoid the word wolf. Nothing could point towards Vincent and that was part of the next point I was going to bring up. My next, is a hypothetical situation I want you to keep in mind. If a man walks into a Lion’s den and starts kicking and prodding, do you blame the lions when he gets mauled?

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics