setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Private] Same Shit Different Night - Page 2

[Private] Same Shit Different Night

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Ben

Re: [Private] Same Shit Different Night

Benjamin Reese | Vampire; Infant

Posted on Tue Jun 06, 2017 7:14 pm

Was hoping for something more but didn’t expect it. Not that “traveling the world” wasn’t much - but more what she did, and how exactly she just eluded me without a second thought. Someone’s well traveled. Bring me any souvenirs? I grinned, swirling the whiskey before taking a drink. Eyes wondered around, a part of me looking for Cami. Felt strange about Sofia, didn’t know how to act around her. I’d changed and I could sense she had changed which made things awkward. I had fun with her, but it was before I knew how to really have fun. Hadn’t had the balls yet then. Fresh start? How did I initiate that now? Got it with Laurel through an injury. Really weird the things I felt okay with compelling and other things I just thought were lazy. Was just too easy to compel to drink.

I wasn’t alone, now I am, I replied, a confused expression growing on my face. Not my scene? I think I have a few good memories here, I said, my eyes meeting hers knowing surely she’d know what I was talking about. Forever planting seeds, And what happened after. Would she think about it? Had she actually forgotten? Always up for a challenge, had nothing better to do right? I became interested in jogging her memory. I’m not always hungry, you know. A little bit of a lie. The whole reason I’d dismissed Cami. Sofia was less risky for a nibble, and god that plate was appetizing. Another drink of the whiskey, leaned my head back but my eyes stayed on her. She was still talking to me, seemed confident. Did that mean there was still some form of an interest? You miss me? Or was your distance from me one of the benefits of your world travels? Didn’t even mean that in an arrogant way, which was unusual. I’d obviously put her through strange things. Had to have an effect on her.

Back to top Go down

Sofia Rin | Human; Citizen

Posted on Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:17 am

Unfortunately not this time. Collecting souvenirs wasn’t really on my list of things to do. I laughed, snagging his glass before he set it back down and taking a drink. I just realized how odd that sounds, who travels across the world, jumping from country to country to return home with not a single souvenir. Maybe he won’t question it. If he does I’ll say it was strictly business. A very complicated, disturbing business trip.

I see, and why’s that? Did you grow bored of her? I grinned, leaning against the bar with my elbow resting on the surface. My eyes wandered the bar, watching as drinks were be poured and mixed, but I met with his stare as soon as he brought up that night. He went there, he definitely went there. He knew exactly what he was doing. What am I supposed to say? I must have been too drunk to remember. I lied, but why not have a little fun with. Care to jog my memory? What was I doing? It’s not like I’m trying to ignite or rekindle anything. Right? I mean, that boat has sailed a long time ago with no point of return. Or has it? His question definitely threw me off. Did I miss him? If I’m being honest, I don’t miss what we did. Meaning me taking his blood. It’s difficult to know how I really feel about you now. How to separate the feelings I feel now to the ones I felt while being, under your influence. So if anything, distance from you only makes sitting here with you now more difficult. I shift in my seat, taking my eyes from his for a brief moment. Doubt you missed me though. I’m sure you already had another test subject after me. I didn’t mean for that to come out as snarky as it did. It’s not like I cared even if he did, right?

Back to top Go down

Ben

Benjamin Reese | Vampire; Infant

Posted on Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:12 pm

I didn’t give a shit about her stealing my drink so casually but I gave her a look that said I did. I thought a lot about what my connection to her had done to me. I wouldn’t say it gave me inflated attraction but it painted this picture of a bond that wasn’t that important in the long run. The notion being that sensing where she was meant I had some obligation or want to protect her. Our interaction with Shane only amplified it as the attack seemed to be on me but she seemed to be the target. More of an inflated sense that I was her protector. She carried herself differently this time, but it wasn’t the first time I’d seen that. Every ex fling wanted to have that extra air of confidence, that they were better off without me. Yeah, she was, but I almost wanted to warn her that the absence of apprehension toward me was a very bad idea. Co-worker. Wouldn’t want to complicate things. You know how it is.

You forgot? That’s a shame. I was calling bullshit, and I wasn’t above being vulgar to prove my point. I made a V with my index and middle finger and covered my lips with it, barely sticking out my tongue through the crude gesture. I quickly let my hand fall back down to my side and glanced toward her thighs. That work? I couldn’t even remember enough about myself then, not enough to know if there was a significant personality change in myself for her to notice. But I felt it. I felt how differently I saw her. How reluctant I was not to play games with her - I already had plenty to work with. Although with what she was wearing and her confidence, false or not, I wouldn’t turn down an invitation to relive certain memories. I’d offer you the chance to find out, but I want that to be on your own terms. Sounded weak but it was my way of finding out if I’d won a game I played years ago.

Test subjects? Am I a scientist now? I pulled the drink back across the bar and finished it before pushing it back. I’ve thought about you, you could say that. My eyes met the bartender again and I made another command. Another one? Thanks. My lips met in a crooked smile. See? I can be polite. Now, the idea had sunk into my head and I was going to find out. I wasn’t going to press her either way. Sofia would make the move, free of influence from me, if she was going to. I could see how deep I really was into her head. I had an argument, rational or not, of how either way I’d won. She was thinking about me, wasn’t she?

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics