setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Private] Same Shit Different Night

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sofia Rin | Human; Citizen

Posted on Thu Jun 01, 2017 2:01 am

Thread Details
dance club ⋅ clear ⋅ 12:44am

You would think I learned my lesson about coming to this club especially since it’s never been the greatest of times when I have come here in the past. But there’s just something about its energy that keeps me crawling back. Maybe it’s the dimly lit room that makes me feel as if I’m hidden, or perhaps it’s the music that never fails to make me groove just a little bit even if I’m seated at the bar.

Jesse has been an absolute gem and lifesaver the second he found out I was back in town and planning the stay, at least until the business I seek is taken care of. Mi casa es su casa. I believe were his words when I told him about my living situation even though he’s refusing to let me pay rent, no matter how much I insisted for him to let me. He even gave me my position back at the shop. In the year since I moved back to Index I have never met someone who has done so much for me even when I feel as if I don’t deserve it. It’s a nice feeling.

But he is why I have found myself back here. I’ve been with him and the guys from the shop all night at the bar just a few blocks away and as much as I love hanging and shit talking with them, I could only handle so much of their beer drunk asses gathered around the pool table. And so here I am at the bar, two Moscow mules down, and feeling great. However I just put in an order for a glass of water, I'm not about to go overboard and have to have Jesse pick my tipsy ass up. I would never hear the end of it. 

I reminisce back to the nights I've spent here with the people I've spent it with, and if somebody told me how those nights were going to go I’d laugh in their face. But if there’s one thing I’ve learned about this place it’s that anything could happen, and probably will... And that vampires are usually involved every single time.

Back to top Go down

Ben

Re: [Private] Same Shit Different Night

Benjamin Reese | Vampire; Infant

Posted on Fri Jun 02, 2017 8:08 am

What the dude is wearin.  Also, sorry this is so long. Just had this scene in my head soooooo lol.

I didn’t need to be my old self at work, it wasn’t required, but I was already beginning to wish I’d chosen to go to Seattle for my assignment. The newer nurses didn’t think anything of me, just another bored, overconfident doctor who didn’t want to be bothered. One to either challenge or intimidate them, depending on the will of their personality. The ones who had been there would pull that annoying shit, come and find me and ask me if I was okay. Rumors I’d finally fallen in love with Ebony, then she’d died, some fantasy romance novel flighty fantasy. So for convenience and convenience alone, I gradually tried to let my memory of the place come back, letting me put on a show of being my old self, old as in even before I’d ever been turned. It was difficult, but not impossible.

Shift ended after a few ATV related traumas, more than enough drug overdoses, lots of old people with broken hips. The pointlessness of it all crawled under my skin. I could have easily ended it for some of the more miserable ones, could have help all of them out and fixed them to a better state than they ever had been. Wasn’t what Ursula or anyone had asked of me, and I really didn’t care enough to do it anyway. Their lives were just, short and small. So, I left the floor of the ER as a worker bee again in my life and thought I’d been unnoticed as I went to the staff shower room. Turned on the shower before I began undressing because it took forever for the staff showers to get hot. Threw my scrubs in my locker and stepped into the shower. Bits of dried blood returned to liquid and swirled down the drain. Some from my arm, not mine, but some was mine, and I knew the origin. A large laceration on my thigh; I’d noticed it when I woke up. Wasn’t the first. Wouldn’t be the last. I knew I’d need to make another “appointment” with Dr. Kyle soon, because one missed dose and it instantly got worse.

I’d been too focused on it to notice the other presence in the room, or at least notice her entrance. Cami, one that I definitely would have gravitated toward before. That whole, naturally hot look and one of the only girls left without hand drawn eyebrows. Sunkissed wavy hair that fell just past her shoulders, green eyes, pouty lips. No makeup but an air of confidence that gave her the balls to stand up to me once in a while in the fray. Fuck, I kinda liked her. And for a split second she looked mortified, but the expression flickered and was gone almost as fast as I’d registered it. I turned to face her, eyes wide but the corner of my lip curled up in a grin. Nothing you haven’t seen, isn’t that what I hear you say to your patients when you ask them to undress?
Oh, but this, she shook her head, is a whole different ballgame. Don’t worry, won’t keep you, but since you’re here, my friend just flaked on me. You have any plans?

Next thing I knew, I was somewhere I felt too old to be but would never look it. Electric sounds spinning around my ears and I barely had to move for Cami to fuck me over our clothes on the dance floor. It was all I could do to keep my teeth pushed above my gums. On the verge of something I quickly started toward the bar with the excuse of getting a drink and was almost there when she spun me around and crashed into me, lips on mine. I let it happen, for a brief moment. God, I could so easily take her somewhere, and simultaneously fuck and drink her, but I had the bigger picture to look at. I pulled back, locked eyes with her, my fangs now out and glistening. Leave me, forget I came with you. My head fell back, and I chuckled at the thought that I almost let the temptation of some woman I barely knew blow my cover. I could clean it up, they could clean it up, but they sure as hell wouldn’t like it. I rolled my head over to see just whose ears had overheard, to see the next witness I’d have to compel, when I saw a face I never thought I’d see again.

Nice. I said, my eyes drawn exactly where that outfit meant for my eyes to be drawn.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Mon Jun 05, 2017 1:34 am

I should really stop coming to these sort of places by myself. I mean I obviously don’t mind it otherwise I wouldn’t have ditched Jesse and the other guys in the first place. In the moment coming here seemed like a good idea, until I realize I don't have someone to take shots with or do unforgivable dance moves out on the dance floor. I’m not normally one to start up a conversation with the stranger next to me, unless of course I’m a few shots along. I rarely even interact with the bartender unless I’m ordering a drink or asking for the check, which reminds me about the water I ordered a bit ago and he still hasn’t come around with it. It’s pretty packed in here anyways so I’m sure it just slipped his mind. I’m just gonna take these. I said aloud to myself as I reached across the very preoccupied couple dry humping each other and grabbed the bowl of almonds. Damn at this point they might as well just take it elsewhere. I wonder how much I’ll have to eat before I decide this was a terrible decision and go rejoin the fellas.

But just as I popped an almond in my mouth the vibration of my phone rattled the nut bowl and I’d be lying if I said it didn’t scare me the slightest. Then when I saw it was Jesse who was ringing me two thoughts crossed my mind, thank fucking god and please don’t be arrested. I swiped the screen to answer and held my phone to my ear while I covered the other in hopes it would muffle out the music.

Jesse hey!
Sofiaaaaa…The boys an- I pressed my phone closer to my ear thinking I would be able to hear him clearer but that didn't seem to be working. There was no way I was going to be able to talk to him with the bass at this volume. Jesse I can’t hear you! Hang on lemme go outside! I exclaimed while spinning around in my seat but as I stood up I bumped into someone and almost lost my footing. Oh I’m so sor- But my sentence fell short when I looked up and recognized the face of the person staring back at me. 

Ben.. My eyes widened as I took in the realization that he was actually here and I wasn't just hallucinating. I can’t even remember the last time I saw him. He couldn’t have known I was at the bar, right? I’ll call you back, Jesse. I murmured before ending the call.

Back to top Go down

Ben

Benjamin Reese | Vampire; Infant

Posted on Mon Jun 05, 2017 8:17 pm

My memories with this woman were strange, bittersweet and, some, memories I had pretty much shaved away from the image of myself I had. But they were still present. I’d first discovered necromancy through her and some fuckwad who was clearly deranged and thought she was someone else. Apparently, stranger creatures were drawn to Sofia and yet here she was, still alive, still standing, and without the fear and apprehension I’d attempted to curb. Something had possibly changed in her as it had in myself.

So, what’s it I’m supposed to say now? How’s life? Bartender finally appeared, glass of something clear for Sofia, and I caught his eye. Whiskey, neat, I said, half-heartedly compelling so I wouldn’t have to wait. My intentions couldn’t be good with her wearing something like that, but something about tonight had me wanting to exercise my self control. Curiosity, maybe? Couldn’t be any blood lust left in her, let’s see if she looked back at her memories with me fondly. The whiskey was placed on the counter and I took it without looking away from her, my eyes even locked on her as I took the first drink. Thousands of thoughts of what I wanted to do with her, what bits I’d like to eat and which bits I’d like to eat. The sounds I thought I could bring from those lips. These thoughts were almost intrusive which made fun the challenge of keeping temptation at bay. My eyes met hers and I felt the hold, the connection. I’d felt less hesitancy to use my gift. Just seemed rude not to, didn’t it? Where have you been?

Back to top Go down

Posted on Mon Jun 05, 2017 9:56 pm

How’s life? I wouldn’t know where to start even if I tried or wanted to. I blinked out of the complete state of shock when the bartender finally came back around and took Ben’s usual whiskey order. How did I even remember that? This had bad news written all over it. For fucks sake, he gave me his blood which really screwed with my head and took months for me to feel like I had control again, so I should just leave, right? But I’m not innocent either, I took his blood willingly. However, curiosity was still flooding my mind, I just couldn’t bail now.

Even after all this time his eyes, his gaze, still had a hold on me. Maybe it’s my admiration for blue eyes. Who knows, maybe that twisted connection is still present. But I didn’t hesitate on giving into it. Europe. But if I’m gonna be specific Germany, France, Bulgaria. I just got back from Brazil. I spoke with confidence as I held my eyes with his while swirling the straw in my glass along the rim. Not quite sure why he would have any desire on my whereabouts. I doubt I even crossed his mind once. It's not like he missed me or even longed for a reunion like so. We had an arrangement, a very sick arrangement, and it sure did teach me a lot. Scott made sure of that. Now my turn to ask the questions. I noticed he was here alone, or at least he was now, which was odd for him since usually he has a motive coming to blood bag filled place like this. Why not touch base on that. Was it my business? Not at all. But it's not like we're going to fist bump and have a jolly catchup. Did you come alone? I didn’t think this place was really your scene. Unless you’re here to find your next meal, right?

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics