setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Closed] To begin with a bang

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Narrative |

Posted on Sun May 28, 2017 12:56 am

The rumors are true. She plans a massive attack on humans, with instructions to leave them alive. This is to begin as an event, the beginning concentrating in the Seattle metropolitan area. The first Saturday in June. The date is questionable, if it changes I will let you know as soon as I do.  Regards, Mr. Rolland

Back to top Go down

Re: [Closed] To begin with a bang

Daron Wynyard | Vampire; Young

Posted on Sun May 28, 2017 3:50 pm

Idly tapping a piece of paper I had rolled into a faux cigar on the desk I tried to pay attention to Kris. He’d respectfully knocked on my door after Xavier had left. Not having a clue who I had been entertaining. Laptop tucked up under his arm. Oren and I aren’t hackers Daron. We can’t even get passed the first firewalls into the Ogma industries databases. You’ll have to hire someone. Did I want it badly enough that I would go to all that trouble? Wouldn’t it be more fun to get the information out of either Noelle or Gayle herself? Possibly. Most definitely. “I’ll keep that under consideration.” My eyes were glued to the note in my hand trying to think like my Queen. Which I had to admit was difficult and also disappointing. Attempting to put myself in the shoes of someone who obviously was trying to concoct a plan that had no loose strings. We did find this. Kris sat the laptop on the desk, lifting the lid, gliding his abnormally long fingers over the keys. Rubbing my fingers over my eyes I leaned forward to look at the screen as it was turned towards me. “What am I looking at.” The sound was muted. The quality was shit. Clearly, I was looking at a recording on someone's phone. This is an Ogma Industries promotional event. Two pm. Invitation only. The woman's face in the video didn’t look like someone who would have the clout to have a reason to be at an event like that. Shes a blood doll. My progeny answered my internal question due to the fact I was frowning. “And what?” I’ll play it again, pay attention to the background. I’d been focused on the young woman pouting and tilting her head this way and that. A moving selfie. “Pause it.” Grabbing the laptop I leaned in as if doing so would make the image clearer. Gaze flicking from the lithe figure of Gayle to the large window next to her. “Glazed windows?” No, not at that venue. “Is it an illusion? Resident Evil.” I’d watched a ridiculous amount of vampire related movies in the past. Devouring everything that had ever been released. Eventually, that did lead into other things that had loose ties to the genre as a whole. Like a video screen rather than an actual window? No, it’s a window Daron. Gayle is standing in front of a window in the afternoon… “In direct sunlight.” I finished off his sentence and leaned back in my chair.

A grin spread across my face. Now here was me thinking that my Queen had become more prim and proper since I had first met her. Now I was witnessing a blatant display of arrogance. Made the little boy in me squirm with delight. “You can leave now.” Gesturing sharply to the door with the rolled paper in my fingers, I waited until Kris had shuffled out to unroll the letter. Xavier had asked for my assistance in finding out whether his little wolf toy was still drinking Vampire blood. Since apparently she was meant to attach herself to the arsehole of the Alpha he’d wanted some reassurances that approaching her directly wouldn’t result in a fatal accident. Eight Hundred year old Vampire or not. An Alpha and a Warlord was not a pair to take lightly. Good to know. After making all the obvious connections to Liliths toys and that of the white wolf, Xavier had become concerned with my interest in his Moonslave. In exchange for backing off I got something that had been intended for the Supremacy's eyes only. What had been difficult to stomach was that Gayle had allowed information like this to leak so easily. It didn’t seem to be the calling card of someone who wanted to line everyone up for point blank headshots. A woman who appeared to have everything firmly in control. Her company. Her progeny. The public. Even the Supremacy themselves who hadn’t made a direct move against her. “Bored or just over confident, my love?”

The boys had already given me her phone number. Something they had indeed found in their research. Re-reading over the note I pulled out my phone and typed up a message without even glancing once at the screen.

My Queen
How big of an audience were you expecting for your Seattle ho-down my Queen?
0:00 PM

Back to top Go down

Gayle Shaffer | Vampire; Ancient

Posted on Mon May 29, 2017 9:28 pm

I skimmed through my brain in an attempt to remember who if anyone, called me their queen. Only a few minutes before I remembered Daron, but still that was longer than it should have taken. Was there anyone else? Occasionally, perhaps, particularly new vampires who sensed my age with awe, not knowing any better. The second option would not be likely to acquire my phone number. This was one time when I decided to react first, and ask questions later. I’d respond, then call for Lilah and have her work on tracking the number to confirm. Once I’d made that decision, my mind moved on.

This was a revelation, one of those that had you questioning whether the other involved party was really that foolish, or if they were attempting some form of manipulation. Mr. Rolland had specifically sent this information directly to the Supremacy. Pen and paper, nothing “hackable”. I’d done anything I could to make it appear to be a heavily guarded secret. Why would Daron want to suggest to me an alliance with them? I wasn’t surprised, exactly, as much as it would seem his antics would make him appear as the enemy, it began to rub me as an over-the-top cover. How did I want to approach this? Calm. Confident. Nothing to suggest I even worried about what he knew. Nothing to suggest I’d even made a connection between him and the fanatical organization. And everything to support him making a fool of himself on the second Saturday in June.

Unknown
Audience? You? I imagine you center stage.

Back to top Go down

Daron Wynyard | Vampire; Young

Posted on Thu Jun 08, 2017 2:18 am

Was this my formal invitation? Had to admit I felt a little deflated that technically I’d had to ask for one. Obviously, the party had not been enough to solidify myself in Gayle’s thoughts so I would just have to try harder. However sticking to a single trajectory when approaching a problem was not really my style. I couldn’t rightly drop the over the top lover boy routine just yet, if she hadn’t bought it. I had wanted to lay that groundwork. Foundations that were factual, not fictitious. She filled my thoughts as often as Lilith did and my Goddess had the luxury of being able to speak right into my head. I’d have to had to have made some kind of impression if she imagined me center stage because that was truly where I belonged. She was stroking my ego which just made me wonder what else she would stroke given the right situation.

Considering the player I was dealing with, one would think I would put more time and thought into the messages I replied with. The longer one took to send, the more it looked as if I needed to ponder how I was going to respond to something. Too many questions needed answering and I didn’t know which ones to leave alone. Some had to be of course it was no fun at all unless I was walking with somewhat of a blindfold over my eyes. Allowed for last minute spontaneity. Keep the blood pumping and the mind alert. Once again not looking at the keys I speedily wrote a reply that was fast enough that t appeared I didn’t have too many brain cells active but with enough of a pause to perhaps seem like I might have gotten giddy about the potential of being her leading man.

My Queen
I would be delighted to grace a stage for you. You know I would. Though I do believe that I wasn’t on the program. With the Supremacy on the guest list I’m not too sure I want to be. My performances don’t appeal to their particular tastes.

Back to top Go down

Gayle Shaffer | Vampire; Ancient

Posted on Fri Jun 09, 2017 12:12 am

Unknown
Curious how they would know about this gathering in such early stages of planning.

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics