setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Private] Will You Cry for Me?

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Ebony Reed |

Posted on Tue May 23, 2017 12:50 pm

Thread Details
Forest | Rainy | 11:30pm

Was this really happening? I was running from the hell that I had dragged myself into again. The things I had gotten myself into was just…unspeakable. I knew that it would linger forever in the back of my mind, but I had hoped that I would be able to get away. I knew I wouldn’t be able to hide for long. They would find me, and they would probably kill me the instant they got the chance too. I wonder if it would be quick, or maybe it will be slow and painful? I had to hope for the alternative I suppose. Or maybe I could get them before they got me. Ha…yeah right Ebony.

Biting my lip, I caught my distraught reflection in the hazy bus window as lightening lit the sky up. I was on my way back to Index. Again…and again…and again. I don’t know why I kept coming back here, but it was like a part of me just longed to be back in its grasp. That or I just knew this was the only place that would accept people for any kind of oddities they may possess. I had been through so much. I lost my child, god only knows where he may have gone. But at least I knew….or hoped he was in a better place. I wasn’t a suitable mother. I had my many flaws, and knowing me the state would have reprehended him. I just hope he was still alive and wasn’t dead in some…nope not thinking that. I knew deep down he was still out there. I wonder if I would ever see him again. Doubtful.

“Excuse me…is this seat taken?” I shook my head briefly looking at the man whom had spoken. Why did he look familiar? I needed to get it out of my head that everyone was out to get poor little old me. What happened to the bad ass bitch I used to be? I was too afraid for my own good wasn’t I? “No.” I whispered while grasping for my bag. I wasn’t in the mood for chit chat, and I quickly grabbed my phone with some ear buds. I felt him sit down next to me, his shirt brushed against my bare arm. I tried not to flinch, but I couldn’t help it. Shoving myself closer to the window the ear buds were popped into my ears the instant he opened his mouth. I saw his lips moving but I didn’t have a care in the world for what he was saying.

Chill Ebony….just fucking chill. I blasted In This Moment, wanting to drown out everything else. I could feel the man moving and I tried not to seem like some house beaten wife sitting there. I could feel his eyes on me like I was some sort of specimen that he could poke and prod at. And fuck sakes why did he have to move so much, and I swear he was doing it just to piss me off. His arm constantly touched me with each little movement he made. Maybe he was some sort of pervert. Like I needed that right now.

My anxiety spiked, and I couldn’t keep my mouth shut any longer. “For FUCK sakes stop moving you fidgety prick.” I yanked my ear bud from my ear and glared at him. He just sat there, with a stern look on his face, did nothing faze him? Standing up I took a deep breath, grabbed my purse making sure to smack him in the head with it as I swung it onto my shoulder. Fuck it I will stand, it was better than be next to that guy. Plus, it didn’t look like the bus was that far off from its destination. Moving around him careful not to touch him I moved closer to the front of the bus.

Gnawing on the inside of my lip I turned glancing at the man who had been sitting next to me. His eyes were locked onto mine in an instant. Maybe I was right to be a bit paranoid with him being there, and maybe just maybe it was a good thing that I had moved? God I hoped so. A sudden feeling of doom filled my soul as I noticed a few more of them. Sharply dressed, determination set across their faces, did they let me think that I had gotten away? Fuck I was screwed wasn’t I?

What could I do? I couldn’t just stand here…maybe I could fake being sick? No…there was a bathroom on this bus so that wouldn’t work. I could act like a fucking raving lunatic. That might get the bus driver to stop the bus…maybe not allow anyone else to follow. I had counted three men, and they seemed to be staring straight at me. Was this just my paranoia? I took a deep breath, shut the music off on my phone and shoved it into my pocket. It was now or never, I approached the bus driver slowly not wanting to draw to much attention to myself. There weren’t many other people on the bus now. I’m sure the bus to Index was never packed, and if it was I’m sure it wasn’t all that often. So hopefully it wouldn’t be to much of a problem right?

“Umm…can you stop the bus.” Glancing over my shoulder I could see the men exchanging looks. One was holding onto a cellphone, his fingers flying across the screen. “Please. I need fresh air.” I gave him a pleading look, he was an older gentleman. I could only hope he wasn’t one of those that had a stick shoved up his ass. Forcing myself to shake, I bit down on my lip drawing a smidge of blood. The iron taste washed across my mouth. “You can’t wait fifteen more minutes.” I shook my head and sniffled. “No…I need to get out NOW.” Grabbing at my pants I began to tug on the leg a little bit. Least I could do is pretend like I’m holding back an outburst right. Every single part of me was screaming from the inside, I just wanted to get off this stuffy ass fucking bus.

A loud and annoyed sigh rushed from his lips, and I could feel the bus begin to slow. Oh thank you…. thank you thank you…. A shiver ran through me, I could feel more eyes staring at the back of my head. I can’t look back. I was just too damn afraid of what I might see. The bus stopped, the doors opened, the driver said something but I didn’t quite hear it. I was out of the door clutching my purse to my chest, and the instant my feet hit the wet pavement I was off. I pumped my legs as fast as they would carry me. I could only hope now that I had at least bought myself a few more minutes of life. Looking back my heart leapt from my chest. I wasn’t alone. Fuck.

Back to top Go down

Ben

Re: [Private] Will You Cry for Me?

Benjamin Reese | Vampire; Infant

Posted on Wed May 24, 2017 12:05 am

A new one, I hadn’t seen her before. A little unfortunate looking. I mean not terrible, but she had a slightly crooked nose with a bump. As quickly as we healed, plastic surgery would be nearly impossible. She kept her brown hair in a tight french braid, which, I wasn’t sure if it helped or not, maybe she needed anything she could to distract from that nose but maybe hair would provide a frame for that hideous picture. Maybe a good makeup artist could camouflage it. I appreciated her style otherwise, because unlike other vampires she didn’t seem to have something to prove with her clothing. No elaborate gowns, no spiky Hot Topic shit. Just black leggings and a black and white striped tank, with knee high brown riding boots.

Got something interesting for ya, Benji. I glared at her, she thought she was being playful by calling me that. But I abhorred it. Alright, alright, Ben, Mr. Reese, whatever. You’ll change that name in a few years anyway. You’ll have to. I leaned against the tree, hands shoved in my pockets, waiting for my latest instructions. About time. But to these people, interesting could mean digging shit from a ditch. Interesting was sometimes a word used for grunt work.

You’re going back to work. Your choice, Index or Seattle, but you’re working the ER. What? That was the last thing I’d expect to hear. It almost felt like they wanted to keep me busy. Do I have the privilege of knowing the purpose? I pushed myself off the tree with my upper back and began to pace, hands still in pockets. We have it on good authority there’s going to be in influx of attacks. They’ve been instructed to keep the victims alive. Your grandmother is becoming quite a problem.

What the hell was she doing? What did this demented old lady think that would accomplish? They’re supposed to talk, Ben. She’s trying some bullshit viral campaign is the word. You might find some friends with you. Heal them, compel them, whatever you need to do. Keep this at bay, Benji. Should be simple enough for you. With that she was gone, and I had my orders. It was bittersweet, going back. I’d possibly have to compel to get my job back if I chose to stay in Index. And I’d have to channel my human vibes. How good of an actor was I?

I started towards the highway. Had my car parked on a shoulder, and I noticed the sound of brakes of a large vehicle screeching the machine to a stop, and shortly after the sound of running. There was always something interesting going on in this town, wasn’t there?

Back to top Go down

Ebony Reed |

Posted on Wed May 24, 2017 8:56 am

Why the hell did I have to be so stupid to get myself involved with these people? I should have known that this wouldn’t be as simple as all the others. Usually running away made it disappear most of the time. Although I should have known that they wouldn’t have let me go easily. I was honestly surprised I could leave the California area without an issue. I had sealed my fate the instant I told Robert that I was done, and I would no longer appeal to his nature and his way of life. I was done being his little play toy, and using my body for such unjust ways of luring people to their untimely deaths. I had so much blood on my hands that it would put most surgeons to shame. I wouldn’t say that this bothered me, but I guess I just didn’t see how it helped. Maybe he was some cannibalistic freak who loved to munch on human flesh and organs. I never did know what they did with the bodies after I had delivered them.

Quickly I was snapped back into reality and away from my thoughts as thunder loudly echoed throughout the darkened sky. I didn’t want to die out here in some mud heap. What the hell was I thinking getting off that bus as quickly as I did? Sometimes I wasn’t the sharpest tool in the shed when it came to logical thinking. I didn’t have shit in my purse, the only thing of value was my phone, and really, I could replace that. Fuck it, I’m ditching it. Briefly glancing behind me I saw one of them from the bus not to far away. In fact, it was the fidgety prick to be exact. Oh, this was going to be gold if I landed it. I smirked at myself for a moment before stopping just for a second, turning on my heels I threw my purse for all it was worth towards the man before turning back around and picking up the pace again. Maybe it was a bit desperate, but come on he deserved it. I must make them work for it right?

Hearing an oof echo out from around me and I laughed a little under my breath. “Hope that felt great you fidgety son of a bitch.” Yelling out triumphantly, of course my little moment was over as soon as I felt someone smack directly into my side. I yelped in surprise as I felt my body crash into the muck below me. My arm twisting at a weird angle and stars danced behind my eyes. Oh lovely…. That’s what I get for being a smart ass. I wasn’t going to give up so easily though. Despite the pain radiating from my arm I tried my best to ignore it. My eyes connected with one of Robert’s little Hench men. “Enjoy being on top?” I grunted through gritted teeth. “Oh, you have no idea.” He retorted with a smirk as he drew back a fist.

Really, this was how he was going to do it? Smack around like he was my pimp? My uninjured hand fumbled along the forest floor as soon as his hand connected with the side of my jaw. “You hit like a pussy.” I spit in his face as my fingers grasped at a stick, I sure hope this would work, because he really didn’t hit like a pussy. His teeth clenched and grinded while he wiped the bloody spit from his face. I knew I didn’t have much time, the others would be upon us any second. Quickly I drove the stick up shoving it into the side of his neck. Ha look at that it worked. Blood sprayed from the newly opened wound and he quickly reeled back and off of me. I took the opportunity, as grim as it was, and got back up to my feet to run once again.

I couldn’t keep going like this. I clutched my broken arm to my chest, just realizing warm liquid was now oozing from a spot where the bone had pierced through. I had to keep running. I heard the others shouting angrily from behind me. Moving around a tree my eyes grew wide as I suddenly realized there was someone in front of me. I couldn’t stop myself quick enough either. I ran into his chest and bounced off, then stumbled down to the ground. “You’ve got to be kidding me. How many of you assholes are out here?” I mumbled grimacing slightly before looking at who I had just run into. The panic within me rose seriously I couldn't have been that important to hunt me down like wild game. The panic was doused as soon as I had seen just who it was that I collided with. Ben. Good fucking hell, this so wasn’t my night.

I managed to get back up to my feet. I wasn’t sure if I should just stand here, or if I should just keep going. Hell, I knew Ben could take care of himself. I remember what I had been told, I knew what he was. Fuck he could probably slaughter the few men that were out here. That might by me some time. This wasn’t his problem, and I knew he would probably just leave me out here, but I had to try right? “I….” What the hell was I going to say? “Umm…. I need to get out of here…”  I was highly aware of the blood that was slowly running from my arm and the hammering heart in my chest. This was so not how I wanted to see him again. I could hear it now the criticism, ridicule, you fucking name it. I looked like I had been thrown around and I'm pretty sure I had some of that man's blood on me too. I couldn’t keep running though, I might be in damn good shape but I can’t run forever and hope to run into someone else. I shifted on my feet trying to debate what to do I couldn't just stand here all night. 

Back to top Go down

Ben

Benjamin Reese | Vampire; Infant

Posted on Wed May 24, 2017 7:51 pm

I knew that voice, even if it did take a few minutes to associate the face. Once I did a scowl appeared on my face, my fangs clicked. Ebony Reed R.N. A careless witch who at least during my human years hadn’t given two shits about me when it came to my son, which was another jolt to my brain. I’d had to forget him. First, because I knew he’d never be around, just like she was never around. It was a situation outside of my control. Now, because of what I was. I didn’t want to remember him and now just her presence was making me angry. Just her presence reminded me. Did I currently care? Did I want to see him? No, but it was a flaw in me and she had started that wound.

But something else was happening - I was hungry, and someone was bleeding. My fangs clicked. I’d grown some composure, but not enough to keep me from checking out the scene, so I ran, and appeared in front of her with what I hoped was a menacing smile splayed on my lips, displaying my fangs.

Welcome back to town. Having some problems? Again? I chuckled, even, as she fell to the ground, my smile now faded and I looked down at her with a raised brow. I’m beginning to think you pay these people to chase you. Some kind of game maybe? You know what I’m capable of, Ebony. My games are much more fun. I took her arm with one hand, wiped the blood with another like I was stealing icing from a bowl, and popped the finger in my mouth, rolling my eyes back a little as I sucked off the blood. How bout a little tit for tat? That is, if you’re really in a bind here.

Back to top Go down

Ebony Reed |

Posted on Thu May 25, 2017 8:58 am

Grunting whilst he grabbed my arm my head spun a little, I should have known he was going to act like an ass. I mean, he always was, but I always had a soft spot for him deep down. Now wasn’t the time to be looking back at what we had been through before he became a vampire. Now he was just some blood sucking man with a nice stick shoved way to far up his ass for his own good. “Again? You make it seem like I always have something going on.” I huffed, I think I deserved to be annoyed with his comment. I didn't have that much going on. I always had a reason on why I was in the situations I was in. This one...I really think was a good one, but I wasn't about to go spilling my heart to him. Not like it would matter anyway if I did. 

“Oh, yes I pay people to chase me just so I can get my rocks off later by how many bones I can break and bodies I can pile up.” Fucking smart ass, I don’t get chased that much, in fact this was the first time in like a really really long time. That and I might remember his little games, they were quite fun and all. The whole work for the word one was a good one. It was hard to find someone that would be of equal pleasure in bed but I couldn’t think on that right now. There was to much shit that was going on and I was barely keeping myself standing here idly chatting away like nothing else was going on.

I was getting a little antsy, the forest had grown quiet and I wasn’t sure where they might be lurking about in the shadows. “Enjoying the blood?” I murmured while I scanned around the forest and shifted on my feet nervously. “Are you propositioning me Ben?” Well now that was out of nowhere wasn’t it? Then again, I was bleeding, his fangs were showing and I’m sure he wanted more of a taste, scared the shit out of me actually. Maybe they had seen him, and that’s why they were hesitating on making their approach. They didn’t want to cause to much of a blood bath? Or they weren't allowed to hurt anyone else? Who knows, I just really wanted out of here like now. 

“Look get me the hell out of here and I’ll give you and tell you whatever your heart desires?” Did his heart even pump anymore? I would have to admit I was curious about the whole vampire thing. Although now wasn't the time to be asking questions like that. I would be lying if I said I was okay with going anywhere with him, but honestly, he was my only other choice. I would rather die from him sucking the life out of me then getting the shit beat out of me.  “Deal?”

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics