setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Private] Rat Shit

[Private] Rat Shit

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

[Private] Rat Shit

Vincent Sawyer Byrne | Wolf; Pack Master/Alpha

Posted on Mon May 22, 2017 11:11 pm

I knew what Camille would have said. I knew what Jonah would have done. Arranging a meeting with the elusive witch without either of them present wasn't an easy task, either. Even stranger was the fact that she'd agreed. And even stranger than that, was the fact that I even fucking found her. She liked to move around a lot. Never staying in one place for too long before choosing a new location to set up shop. And I meant it too, she really fucking set up shop.

The apartment was smack dab in the middle of Seattle. An alley entrance lead me down a hall with yellow buzzing lights. My feet cut through scattered trash, revealing stained carpet below, and the sound of traditional asian music blared loudly on a stereo from a room with an open door. Inside a man was counting wads of cash, nodding along to the music, with a smoke burning between his lips. On his walls were an array of decorative fans, and scattered all over his desk were little plastic baggies. Tā mā de! He yelled at me, stomping forward and slamming the door shut. I could still hear his music thumping through the thin walls. Dick... I muttered as I continued moving down, my duffel bag slung over my shoulder, and my ears quickly met with the sound of people fucking in the next apartment. I just kept moving, saluting the door in celebration of whatever lucky mother fucker was gettin' it.

When I finally reached the door with the upside down nine, I raised my fist to knock, but it swung open before I could even flick my wrist. You're late, wolf. She didn't even make eye contact with me, in fact she gripped me tight by the arm and yanked me in before closing the door. A series of locks decorated the opposite side, and she clicked over every single one before pushing against my shoulder, forcing me to sit on the end of her cluttered sofa. Various decorative fabrics were half folded and half strung over the cushions. Garbage bags likely filled with more clothing piled up against the back. Wind chimes clanked against my head. The fucking ceiling was cluttered in them. Not an inch of the place wasn't covered in clutter. Bottles of varying shapes even sat on the sill... Which didn't even belong to a window, it was just a shitty painting of a Seattle scene, featuring the space needle made to look like a window.

What's with the duffel? She asked, gripping my head on either side with her fingers. The metal from her various rings scattering my face in cold spots. She forced my head back and jaw down, looking in my mouth and snaking her head around as she examined every inch. I had no fucking idea what she was doing when she did shit like this, but I'd learned to just let her do what she was gonna do. Fighting her accomplished nothing. Work thing. Staying in Seattle for the next ten days. It came out like a series of ''ahs'' and ''ooohs'' until she let my head go, and I finally had the freedom to move my jaw. I rubbed it, glaring at her all the while. You leave your pack for ten days? She laughed, and I failed to see what was so fucking funny about it. In fact, how the fuck had she translated that? They can handle themselves. They know I'm gonna be out, where I'm gonna be. I gave them a pretty fucking intense training schedule for those ten days... Trust me, they'll be too sore to get into trouble. I had left Louisiana in charge. I'd like to see a wolf try to get out of training with him. The thought was fucking hilarious.

The job in Seattle was important, actually. And it had a lot more to do with the Ancient than it did the hotel my company had been hired to renovate. But... Both were still pretty fucking important. Rick and Steve had given me a lecture about work. Apparently I'd been falling behind, and this was my one chance to ''prove myself''. Unfortunately I'd compelled myself out of one too many bills... I'd noticed the landlady slurring her words more and getting them mixed up. There was no way out of this one.

My senses were hit hard, as they always were in her presence. Incense, about six of them scattered around the tiny apartment, the smoke from them burning my eyes and making them water. We'd discovered this trick a few weeks back... It helped suppress my cravings, it made her flesh look a little less like steak. I didn't really care for an explanation, wolf. And when were you going to tell me you've been vomiting tar? I gripped the strap of my duffel and pulled it close, my left hand fiddling with the zipper while my right wiped the tears from my eyes. I had no fucking idea how she knew, but not much about her made sense. It made it really fucking hard to lie to her. Now? I jumped at the sound of her fly swatter slamming down onto her cluttered table, knocking a mug to the floor, and a weird, thick, green substance sinking into the carpet. It's been happening for a month, wolf... My eyes tried the best they could to follow her, but it was like she was on fucking crack. She couldn't hold still. Digging around in boxes, moving one stack of fucking books onto another, searching through drawers... She constantly moved. Too late to fix it now.

What the fuck does that mean? I don't know why it had pissed me off so bad. She made it sound like she couldn't help me anymore just because I forgot to fucking tell her about a little vomit. Nothing, we're still on schedule. I'd done as she'd said. I'd taken the potions every day, twice a day, and compensated for days I missed... That was the worst of it. Missing a few days and having to take several doses at once. In fact... That's when the black tar started climbing up my pipes... How the fuck was I supposed to know that wasn't the cause? It fucking looked like it was to me. I need the fang of an alpha. Oh here we fuckin' go... I need a million bucks, let's see which of us gets what first. I plopped a cigarette between my lips and she smacked it right out. What the fuck?! I gripped my cheek, but she already had me by the hair, yanking my head back and dumping something into my mouth. It tasted like fucking asshole, but whatever it was... It had lured out my fangs. She gripped a pair of pliers and started going in, and I lunged forward, sinking my teeth into the meat of her arm, my mouth instantly met with the taste of her blood.

The pliers hit the floor before I did, and my body slowly writhed there, my jaw dropped, eyes rolling into the back of my head as the taste of her blood soaked into my tongue. I even started moaning, completely oblivious to her laughter which filled the small space with a deafening volume. Oh my fucking God. My hands slowly slid down my face as I turned to my side, pulling my legs in and licking my lips like I'd just tasted an angels twat for the first time. My shirt had slid up, caught in a knot behind my back, but I didn't give a fuck, I wanted more. My eyes looked up to her bloody arm, which was now smeared in some white cream... Like... Lotion? Try it, wolf. See how well your body responds to shards of silver. She cackled again, and I just fucking laid there, staring up at the wind chimes, smiling wide and refusing to swallow back that taste.

Eat this. She said, but didn't wait, and instead just shoved something new in my mouth. What the fuck was with her and edibles? I felt her hand forcing my jaw up and down and she even stroked my throat as if she was helping me to swallow, which was ten fucking shades of weird that I never wanted to experience again in my life. But whatever it was... My high was gone. Pretty much fucking instantly. It tasted like cantaloupe... But with the texture of raisins... I didn't know if I liked it or not...

I shot up, pulling myself to my feet and looking around just to make sure the high was gone. I'd had about enough of her shit, at this point, and knew if I waited any longer to get this out, she'd likely try to steal some ''lycan fur'' or fuck... Gouge out one of my eyeballs for another twisted project. I need you to come with me... I started, but I felt something crawling up my shoulder. My eyes met it and a yell I didn't even know my lungs could produce just... fucking came out of me. Every hair on my body stood on end, my hands were shaking, I felt like I was gonna fucking piss myself. It was a fucking tarantula. FUCK I HATED SPIDERS. DO SOMETHING FUCKING DO SOMETHING! I yelled, my breathing rapid, and sweat dripping down the sides of my neck. Another whack of that fly swatter against my arm and the thing was gone... WHAT THE FUCK? I yelled, looking at her with watery eyes like she'd just pulled her skeleton out of her mouth. My body twitched around and I examined my limbs in a panic. Were there more? Holy fuck this was a fucking true nightmare... Calm down, wolf. It's just a hallucination from the rat feces I fed you. She tossed the fly swatter onto her cluttered table and crossed her arms. WHAT? I fucking gagged, I was gonna fucking puke, and she just started laughing again.

FUCK YOU! I FUCKING HATE COMING HERE! My foot slammed into the couch, the force causing her lamp on her table to crash to the floor, and the lights to dim as the bulb shattered. You want me to meet the ancient. Let's not keep her waiting? I had no idea where the bag that was draped over her shoulder had come from, or even what was fucking inside it, I didn't fucking care. I didn't even fucking care how she knew what I'd come here for. I just turned and angrily fiddled with the twelve-thousand locks on her door and didn't even fuck with the last one. I gripped the handle and yanked the door open, the sound of splitting wood following.

Getting the fucking witch into a building wasn't easy. She got fucking distracted at every little thing. It was a miracle we'd even made it to the damned elevator. Luckily our... Guide? Whatever he was, he'd caught her attention and she spent the entire elevator ride trying to pluck hairs out of his head. I on the other hand, found myself gagging on several occasions as I thought back to the moment when she told me she'd fed me fucking rat shit.

The second the elevator stopped, and the doors started to open, I shoved past the witch and the idiot, and stormed into what looked like a waiting room. The elevator doors had started to close, and the Witch had occupied herself with pressing every fucking button like a child. Oh for fucks sake! I growled, pushing the doors back open before they could close, and grabbed her by the arm to yank her ass out like she'd yanked me into her apartment earlier. Let's get this fuckin' shit over with. I don't like it here, I fucking hate it here already, and I like it even less with you as my goddamned mother fucking company...

Back to top Go down

Re: [Private] Rat Shit

Gayle Shaffer | Vampire; Ancient

Posted on Wed May 24, 2017 12:08 am

Without being able to travel during daylight hours this would have been nearly impossible, or at least without relinquishing control over the finer details. So many cogs were starting to move and not only did I want to ascertain that they were well greased, I wanted to watch the plans unfold. The last few days had been spent preparing for Mr. Byrne. Our more secretive work, including the grotesque and the morally questionable were taken to a highly secured location. The lab was pristine, and the room of importance was ready with the highest grade medical equipment and a collared wolf sedated by a very potent infusion of propofol. One milliliter would have killed any normal human. He was restrained, but well kept by our medical team. Given nutrition, his skin was pristine; the doctor had assured me that his care had been “top notch”.

I still don’t like it, Gayle. I didn’t think.. I just didn’t expect you to-
What? Suck up? Doctor Kyle, I didn’t live this long without learning to bend. Rigid breaks. Besides, the end goal is more than worth it. We were sucking up. While I knew he wouldn’t touch it, I had a large raw steak waiting for him. Even thought about offering up a defiant witch but Mr. Byrne seemed to pretend to have morals. I missed the more raw wolves, before they felt some strange sense of duty to human law and ethics. More information was needed to cater to the witch, but I could easily make almost anything happen to suit their needs.

I couldn’t count the nasty emails that flooded my inbox, my texts about stepping back the security team was well. As much as I could do to remove any oppressive air that might be breathed in Ogma. There was a certain stark clinical feeling, and there wasn’t anything I could do about that. I appreciated it, I felt like it was conducive to a focused mindset, which even was beneficial to myself at times. Lilah had seen this as a challenge, almost seemed excited. Everyone seemed to be holding their breath as we walked past them, after our final inspection, toward the elevator.

I could hear the swearing, the brutishness, but something wasn’t right. Before I stepped any closer, their figures in the distance, I met eyes with Lilah. He brought a fucking Necro. Gayle, he brought a fucking Necro. Stay here. Had she been my own, I would have commanded it. But Lilah was the only one who could defy my orders, who was allowed to do so, and she did now. We’re unphased, Lilah. We expected this, which isn’t a complete lie, but just keep that in mind. Although I didn’t expect courtesy from him, and it made sense that it would be a necro that could help with his predicament, I couldn’t stop the displeasure. But for now, I could hide it. Both of us walked with purpose until we met the small group, and I dismissed the guide.

Mr. Byrne, I nodded, And how would you like to be addressed? I now looked to the witch. It was over the top, but that’s what I wanted. Shall we? It would have been the wise thing to observe Lilah, but my trust in her was so, that I knew she didn’t need a babysitter. I knew she’d be perfectly composed around the alpha.

I have a collared wolf, he’s sedated, heavily, but we can easily wake him just to prove to you that this is no hoax. Then we can disable, and he can leave here with you. Are you hungry? I stopped, a few steps ahead of the group, and turned around. I must apologize, Mr. Byrne. I was out of line before. I promise to make up for it, And I sent him a smile, a fanged one, yes, because at this point I wasn’t even sure my fangs would rescind. Again, I had no expectations for manners, or any cooperation that didn’t feel forced. But I had it set in my mind not to give in to the temptation of being snide. I had realized, it hadn’t been because I wanted to be cruel. It was because I wanted him to be.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Mon May 29, 2017 6:56 pm

It was that feeling, the kind of feeling you get in your gut when you're about to receive terrible news. That's the feeling that I'd felt since I'd arrived here. It had been minor while in the presence of the witch, but this place seemed to bring out it's full potential. A nervousness that I just couldn't shake. This really was pulling teeth, and it was better to just get it over with. Not to mention I'd made a connection, one that filled me with even more dread. The witch was unpredictable... And it wasn't just her unorthodox spell casting that made her unpredictable, it was just her. She was unreadable, you never knew what she wanted, and what she wanted it for... Even worse, you never knew when she was going to take it. Had I been wiser, I might have been alarmed at her eagerness to join me... She preferred her hermit lifestyle, and now the knots in my stomach were tightening... Being immortal meant nothing, for the first time in a long time. I didn't give a fuck what happened to the Ancient, once I got what I wanted from her, I didn't give a shit what happened to her. What I did care about, in the strangest sense of the word, was what happened to the Witch. And I knew jack all about fucking necromancers.

I could sense her nearing. The bitch did know how to make an entrance, and everyone took notice, all six eyes directed towards the path in which she was walking. Just sensing her filled me with rage. I wanted to bloody up the pristine appearance of this uppity fucking prison, preferably with both vampire and witch innards. One for the sheer pleasure of tearing that ancient off of her high horse, and the other for... Well... Sheer pleasure. Leech. I responded, greeting her far more rudely than she had me. The witch on the other hand, pressed her ear against her shoulder, examining the ancient sideways with wide eyes. Witch. She grinned madly, her enunciation almost piercing. And of all fucking things... I was fucking embarrassed. Here I had been talking about this whack job like she was my last hope, and she came off insane and childish. Not that I gave a fuck what the ancient thought, but maybe on some level I did. Fuck me... That made me feel like I was going to gag all over again.

I didn't nod, I growled in response, unable to shut my eyes off. I felt like they were all around me. Fangers in every corner just waiting to turn me into a snack, and my wolf hide into a new winter fucking coat. To say I was on edge was putting it fucking lightly, and the Ancient could be as pleasant as she wanted to pretend she was, it didn't change anything, I trusted her just about as much as I trusted that twisted demon child, Ursula. Let's do it. Now. I was going to record it, too. I already had my phone out and ready. I'd like to see the Ancient try to stop me. In fact, the witch was hardly an ally, but still... I suddenly found myself happy to be in her company which was just as fucked as me caring what the Ancient thought. Oddly enough... If the Ancient had an issue with me recording the damned thing, I had the perfect bargaining chip for the witch to keep her from stopping me. What was a fang compared to vital information that could save wolves from The Supremacy's tyranny? Nothing... Nothing at all.

You can make up for it now by cutting the shit, fanger. We've made a deal, and I've already held up my end of it. Fake pleasantries aren't necessary, I still fucking hate you. Rainbow kisses and butterflies aren't going to change that. My entire body shifted quickly, violently even, as I sensed the other fanger moving out of my peripherals. I snarled, fangs emerged in her direction. Yeah, I was fucking jumpy, could you fucking blame me? Can we get rid of the side chick? I asked the Ancient, but my eyes were on the side chick the entire time. And not waste time, I wanna get this over with before I fucking lose my shit.

Back to top Go down

Gayle Shaffer | Vampire; Ancient

Posted on Tue May 30, 2017 11:25 am

I turned away, my eyes shooting up at Lilah, mouth covering my lips and my body shook just a little - I was fighting a laugh like someone who had the giggles in the middle of a funeral. And then it exploded. I couldn’t stop laughing. I’d tried to put on this welcoming business front, and I was failing miserably because I couldn’t get the image out of my mind. This sullen, brooding angry alpha wolf with this little rain cloud hovering over his head. I loosened up, my body half leaning half falling against the wall as I tried to compose myself. I hadn’t expected anything else, but the banality of it was amusing. Why sometimes to humans, the cornier the joke, the funnier. But a stark realization quickly returned my lost composure: I was nervous. Lilah had handled it differently, completely. She wasn’t like me, she almost maintained a human composure only revealing her fangs when necessary. They were out, and she was practically salivating. Staring at my guests, eyes slowly moving from the delicious looking alpha to the eccentric “witch”. I wasn’t used to this, or at least hadn’t been for a long time. Things needed to be straightened out as soon as possible. The best way to do that, was to move on as if nothing had happened. Apologies, again. We’re all aware awkward does nothing to describe this meeting. It is strange for all of us.

I would have to agree with you, Mr. Byrne. This needs to be taken care of promptly. Our meeting is a fickle time bomb, I’m aware of that and your discomfort. Lilah easily took my cue with my very first step and appeared at my side to return into the lab when he spoke again. Do you see what I mean? I whispered to Lilah but there was nothing I could do to stop him from hearing. The blatant subordination, it’s just… entertaining. I’m absorbed. Gayle! I recognize you’re having fun but you’re letting your guard down. The last words were more urgent but also hushed. Almost through gritted teeth. Immediately before she said it I’d registered what the wolf had asked. He wanted Lilah gone. You have your necromancer, I’ll have Lilah. Alpha I think you’re unaware of the contingencies I’ve already made for your arrival. This area is usually teeming with my kind and other forms of securities that I’ve significantly downgraded for your sake. While you’re uncomfortable here, this is what you’ll get.

We had started walking again, and now arrived at a door to a room. There were window into it, but blinds on the inside were closed blocking any possible view. A passcode, a fingerprint scan and a retina scan preceded the sound of deadbolts and electronic locks of various forms making way. I turned a knob, a strangely commonplace looking knob, and opened the door to reveal a room resembling but slightly larger than a hospital room. The wolf was in a bed, in human form. I knew from his records that he was forty two, and from the scars it was apparent he’d had an appendectomy. This had also told us he was once human but had been turned. The collar was still on his head, and the intubation tube went through his mouth, a strap holding it in place around his head. Three IV lines ran through a line that went directly to his chest, and arterial lines came from his groin. Even wires into his head constantly monitored his intracranial pressure. I’d been told one line was the sedative, one (which was obvious because it was the only fluid going into him that wasn’t colorless and clear) was his nutrition, and one was simply normal saline for hydration. I want to know, Vincent, that you won’t need to be restrained when you see this. I’ve made concessions for you whether you appreciate them or not, but I have limits.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Sun Jun 04, 2017 8:05 am

Perfect. The witch had provided the entire building enough insanity to last a lifetime, and now I realized something worse. An ancient, a necro, and a wolf in the company of one another, and I was the sane one? That was hardly a fucking feat, that was terrifying. In fact, it was more than terrifying, it was fucking unpredictable. It was worsened by the fact that the witch joined in, her eyes wildly darting between myself and the Ancient as her hyena laughter merged with hers in a gradual effect, and I was fucking annoyed. Was there a joke I'd missed? I watched them in disgust. Fuck them. Fuck them both.

Try laughing again, it doesn't make shit more awkward at all. I replied sarcastically, staring daggers in her direction. My discomfort was no concern of hers, I knew that for a fact. I wasn't stupid. She was probably enjoying it. The problem was, this wasn't some fancy fucking restaurant. I didn't belong in those either, but at least the territory was neutral. No, this was the lions den, and I'd entered it willingly. The sweat building up around my hairline did nothing to encourage a confident facade. There was no doubt they could hear my heart, which wasn't pumping steadily since I entered the building. It had taken on a new pace, one that was rapid, and there was only one way I could fix that problem... By leaving.

Yeah that sounds completely fucking fair. How much do you know of wolves, Ancient? Frankly, we feel more comfortable with pack at our side than we do with the unpredictable mentally insane. But that's fine, you need a pet to feel safer in my presence, then by all means. The witch was hardly an ally. She was a valuable chess piece, and nothing more. I had no interest in forming an alliance with her, and while I was painfully aware of her importance to me, that didn't change that fact. Whatever, let's just fucking do this. The words came out snarled as I ripped my arm away from the witch... Of which had been gripping and examining it like it was covered in fucking snails.

I followed, watching a scene out of Star Trek as the ancient all but gave a blood sample to get into the room. A sudden fear that the exit required the same method of escape had washed over me... But that was replaced with an entirely new fear when I entered the room. My brow hung heavy over my eyes... Which were staring nowhere but at the man on the bed. My jaw hung open and my steps slowed. I couldn't stop looking, I couldn't stop staring. It was a fucking nightmare scenario. What... I asked, my eyes still on him but I forced them to turn back to the Ancient. What do you mean restrained? Why the fuck would I need to be restrained? I asked, gripping my phone in my hand tighter.

I glared, fuck this. If anyone puts their fucking paws on me here I'll kill 'em. And that's not a threat, it's a goddamned promise. I shoved my phone back into my shirt pocket... Something about all of this was... Well I just no longer felt fucking safe recording openly. Maybe I had the fucking fear of the Supremacy put into me, could you blame me? I was looking at a collared wolf, a horrific sight that cinema couldn't even top... Instead, I was going to be sneaky about it, and hope to god I could aim my chest in the right direction, and hope even more that she took my ''promise'' seriously... Or at the very least... Didn't suspect me recording... Or didn't care.

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics