setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Private] Bond Blood to Blood

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Vincent Sawyer Byrne | Wolf; Pack Master/Alpha

Posted on Sat May 20, 2017 11:06 pm

Thread Details
The Den ⋅ Calm/Clear ⋅ After Dark

I was staring down at the wound carved into my palm. It was throbbing in pain, my eyes were tired, but every ounce of energy I had left was put into keeping my posture straight, my expression serious, and eyelids lifted. This was a big deal, a really fucking big deal. Looking like a weak Alpha now wasn't an option. So I pushed through the ache in my hand, the tired feeling in my eyes, and the gravity which threatened to push me down. Onyx... The sharp whisper had come from Runner. He was standing in the group to my left, which contained all of those which had been officially welcomed into Reprisal. Some of them had gone from being the last of their pack, to a member of the largest in America. Others were from The Sequoia, some from Eco, a few from Code... There was pride in their eyes, I knew their world had just changed, and that's what kept me going. Runner's voice had also helped, and I gripped the hand of the wolf in front of me just as firmly as I had the others. With this grip, strong and unyielding, I, Onyx, the Pack Master of Reprisal, willingly bond blood to blood. You are my ally, my friend, my brother, my family, my pack. My eyes flashed, and I could feel it. I felt every single one of them. I couldn't describe it, I couldn't explain how it even worked, but I felt it just as deeply as they did. It was a sixth sense, the feeling of a bond forming so strongly in such a brief amount of time. It was the most powerful thing I'd ever felt as a wolf... As an alpha... Even stronger than the ceremonies which granted wolves a higher rank. It also helped me find the strength to accept the next. I gave the wolf I'd just welcomed into my family a firm grip on the shoulder with my opposite hand as he moved to join the rest.

This time, my grip came with a vague wince, but I pulled it back, flashing my eyes more brightly. With this grip, strong and unyielding, I, Onyx, the Pack Master of Reprisal, willingly bond blood to blood. You are my ally, my friend, my sister, my family, my pack. The wolf in front of me was young, and tears had formed in her eyes, I watched them overflow and streak down her cheeks, falling into the creases that surrounded her smile. She ran into another wolfs arms the second I released her, and I inhaled deeply, my eyes staring off into the flames behind the wolves in front of me. It was dead silent in between each one. I could hear every crackle from the large fire, every rustle of the branches in the trees, I could almost even hear their hearts thumping in their chests, and the heartbeat of the next wolf increasing each time, thumping more rapidly, and calming when our grips met. Dancing shadows cut through the stillness every single time palm met palm. Had I not known any better, I'd have assumed the world had stopped spinning, and the stars above stopped twinkling. But I did know better. When we'd started, the moon hadn't hung nearly as high as it was hanging now.

I watched as another wound was carved into another palm, only this one didn't flinch like the last. He stood tall, his expression as serious as my own, but when our palms met, and he gripped mine as firmly as I gripped his, I could feel his hand shaking. Louisiana had formed tears of his own, but the man was so stubborn, they seemed to evaporate, never hitting his cheek. With this grip...

...Strong and unyielding...

Back to top Go down

Paul Thacker

Re: [Private] Bond Blood to Blood

Paul Thacker | Wolf; Warlord/Battlelord

Posted on Sun May 21, 2017 7:32 pm

The night before had been a long one, and I’d called off training. Sirius had come over and we started working on the still, but we barely made it past the first step. Instead, we sat on the back porch, staring into the woods. I picked the banjo a little, but I sat it down and instead turned on the old boom box. This time no Stone Sour, no Foo Fighters, no Rage against the Machine, not even Hank. Sirius had gone into the bathroom and I’d already had laid out the recordings I wanted to hear tonight. I’d rather have had Elara come, but I would take this. Recordings of Elara training with Vega, learning to play the pan flute. Every so often, there would be a mistake and instead of moving on she would laugh, and her laughter was infectious, because Vega would start laughing along with her.  Vega had almost resisted the recording at first, but Elara had begged, pleading that this was a sharable part of her training, therefore something that could be preserved. It was almost like she knew.

This particular recording you could hear rustling and a button being pressed, but maybe it was the wrong one? Because the recording continued, but the music stopped. Somehow the origin story had been brought up. Elara was asking more about the families, and my chest swelled. She almost seemed hungry for information. She would have been so great. I knew then I needed to reach out to her more; her pain had to be very similar to mine, and mine was no picnic. Sirius sat in the chair beside me, silently snorting? Was that how you’d describe that? One silent little laugh. Why do you torture yourself, Apollo? I’m not. In fact, I haven’t felt this good about anything in a long time. For the first time, I feel absolutely certain that we’re doing the right thing tomorrow.

I’d be a lyin’ sack of shit if I said I wasn’t nervous. I had a small bag, the kind with the strings at the top that could cinch it closed, the strings letting it hang from the hand that wasn’t to be used. I could see the brief glance and look of confusion of the wolf next to me just before he took my hand and began etching the mark. I tensed up, only momentarily. I felt like many eyes would be on me. If I looked unsure about this moment, the rest of the Sequoia would too. And I didn’t want that. Hearing Vega and Elara talk about our origins, I didn’t know why I’d had any doubt to begin with. I wasn’t losing the Sequoia, I felt this especially hearing the adjacent fire. We were simply adapting, just as the three families had. I smiled halfway through the wound, almost excited to step up to Onyx, to show him that my doubts had disappeared. When the wound was done, before I could meet his hand, I quickly opened the bag and removed the contents, crouching down to place them at his feet. The crude animal, the doll, and the arrow, molded together by clay and the hands of three children who had known that wolves were stronger together. I stood up, and gripped his hand, and heard the words, and swallowed as I felt the bond, a different kind of pride taking over.

Back to top Go down

Lilith Alysbury | Wolf; Warlord/Battlelord

Posted on Sun May 21, 2017 9:52 pm

Vilks had found a nice vantage point. To watch the show. To sit here and mock the mindless puppets who lined up to be inducted into their new pack. Deck chairs. Booze. The true Lones making their quiet stand. Careful, step over that ridge and they can see your silhouette. Why the fuck do you look like the Angel of Death anyway? Intending to freak them all out? The old wolf sniggered and laxed back in his battered chair, taking a swig from a bottle wrapped in a paper bag. I looked down at him. The hood from my jacket completely covered my face. Only my pale chin visible from underneath it. We were both good liars. So good we could fool ourselves. Vilks had been thrown out of his pack. Think I might be the only wolf who actually knew why. He was one of the few that knew the most about why I had willingly left mine. He’d fallen in love with his Spiritual Leader. He had spoken of her like she was the most gorgeous wolf to have ever walked the earth. We were the same he and I. In so many different ways. Firsts were something we held in high regard. He’d never understood why I would want to become an Alpha because mine would be chosen for me. That the Ancestors didn’t care about love when it came to the role of the Pack Master. He had no idea that I’d discovered a loophole. One I’d been working with for years. Vilks had tried to murder his Alpha. Not eat his heart like I had intended to do with so many others. Just kill him. Destroy the pack in order to take what he wanted. A Lone Wolf through and through. Of course he had been caught. He was but a fighter. Not even the best that his pack had to offer. Love could make people do disastrous things.

Grab a pew Luxx. You missed most of it already. I’d purposefully turned up late. Vilks had no idea what I had planned. No-one did. I had promised Nebula that I would ask Onyx to join the new pack but I hadn’t. I’d meant to talk to the wolves that had arrived with him when he had returned. They seemed close. I hadn’t. It wasn’t that I was going back on my promise to the Sequoia wolf. I had just decided that words meant nothing. Actions speak louder. Trying to convince Onyx of my dedication would have been pointless. Just dug myself a bigger hole to live in. Getting others to advocate for me was the coward’s way in. From every angle, I had looked at it. Talking would eventually lead to lies.

Ignoring Vilks as he patted the deck chair next to him I tilted my head up to the sky. Though I wanted to believe that I’d completed my prophecy, done what was asked of me, I knew deep down that wasn’t true. I hadn’t been as open as I could have been. I hadn’t been kind without underlying intentions. I still didn’t even know what the third line meant. My namesake. I had protected the Alpha in my own way but at the same time made a meal of things doing just that. There was nothing pure, just and considerate about what I’d done. The ancestors would know I wasn’t intending on joining the pack for the right reasons either. They would know I was just trying to save my immortal soul. Selfish. Always selfish. Though they would also know how I felt about the wolves down below. Like everything, it wasn’t clear cut. I wanted this to save myself but I also wanted this because it felt…right.

As I took a step towards the rise Vilks leaped from his chair. What are you doing? I said they can see you. He grabbed my arm and I stopped. “I don’t want to be alone anymore Vilks.” His grip got tighter. Could feel my bones protesting. You aren’t. You have me. We’re free. I reached around with a pale hand. The fingernails completely bitten back. Scratches up the fingers which were beginning to look more like talons. “We’re not free Vilks. Quit it. I’m done telling myself that I’m not lonely. That I don’t long for what they have.” I gestured bluntly down to the scene below. “You can come or you can stay. I’m not going to force you. We’ve been like this longer than any other Lone’s I’ve ever met.” Doing something I didn’t really want to do I pulled back my hood. Vilks let go of me, stepping back, a look of absolute horror on his face. My eyes almost looked like they were forming cataracts now. A glassy cloudiness to them that hadn’t been present before. My lips were cracked and bleeding from speaking. Cheeks hollow, not just defined model cheekbones. Actually sunken. Just like my eye sockets. My hair was falling out. Gums receding. My skin not just pale but transparent in places. Veins visible in my neck and temples. Luxx…fuck…you’re still on the blood aren’t you? What the fuck darlin’. We need to get you off.. I cut into his spiel. “I’m already dead Vilks. It’s too late. It was too late a long time ago.” Replacing my hood I turned back out to the crowd. “You’re the only person.” Huh? “That gets a real goodbye. Farewell Vilks.”

Stepping up onto the ridge I stood there watching as the last of the wolves became members of Reprisal. I took note that Nebula was amongst those that had already been filtered through. By rights if I had only been doing this for her I could turn back now but what was stopping her from leaving if she didn’t at least see me attempt to do what I had promised her. Striding slowly down the embankment careful to not trip, as my bones were as brittle and delicate as a snowflake I made my way towards Onyx. Could hear the whispers. Though no-one could see my face the long now white blond hair hanging limply from under the hood, and my height gave me away. “What is she doing here?” “Thought she said she wasn’t joining?” “This is going to be interesting. I hadn’t been present for whatever bonding ceremony had been conducted prior to this starting. I’d sat on my rock and watched the sun set over the horizon instead. Battling with constant contradictory inner dialogue about whether or not I should even bother doing this. They didn’t feel connected to me, I knew they didn’t. Even those that had called me their friend still kept me at arm's length. Still worried, disgusted or terrified by the fine print under my name.

I didn’t tilt my head to try and look Onyx in the eyes. Standing before him with my Reprisal marked hand held in front of me. An abyss opening up in my stomach. The torture I put myself through for others. Hope the Ancestors were proud. Slowly reluctantly pushing my hand out, I closed my eyes. Didn’t have a clue how I was going to be rejected this time. Shit came in so many different brands. What did Onyx’s imagination have in store for me? Someone he hated so fervently. I didn’t even want to think about it.

Back to top Go down

Vincent Sawyer Byrne | Wolf; Pack Master/Alpha

Posted on Mon May 22, 2017 1:34 pm

There was a jolt of fear, though I didn't show it. Apollo holding a gift wasn't exactly uncommon, but it wasn't the gift that had left me feeling fearful, it was the conversation we'd had when I'd met with him at his workplace. The conversation that planted a seed, fuck it wasn't even a seed, it was a weed. No matter how many times I'd tried cutting it away, it kept regrowing. This lack of a connection between the two of us wasn't natural, it was planted. Ever since he'd mentioned going back ''home'', I'd convinced myself that here, that we would never be home for him. Admittedly even with him standing in front of me, his palm being carved into, his and extended towards mine... I still didn't believe it. I still felt like he wasn't going to join with me.

With this grip... I gripped his hand tighter than I had the last wolf, pausing to take a breath, but really to stress how much I meant what I was saying. strong and unyielding. My eyes lit up like twin moons, both glowing a bright, blinding white. I, Onyx, the Pack Master of Reprisal, willingly bond blood to blood. The gift he'd placed at my feet had thrown me off. It was personal, really fucking personal. He'd told me of the story, and I couldn't help but feel like I didn't deserve the respect his gift represented. You are my ally, my friend, my brother, my family, my pack. I held on, for a second longer than I needed to, kneeling down to pick up the item he'd placed at my feet and nodding in approval, even if everything inside me was screaming for me to decline it. I couldn't, unfortunately. It would have have told not just him, but all of the Sequoia that I didn't accept their past, that I didn't care about where they came from. So I passed the item to Runner, who disappeared for all of three seconds before returning empty handed. And watched as another new Warlord joined the ranks of Reprisal.

I was nearing the end of the line. It was still dark out, but I was feeling weak. It was taking everything I had now to keep my grip strong on the last few wolves that waited to join Reprisal. Blood stained streaks down my right arm, and I could no longer ignore the pain in my hand, it wasn't just an ache now, it was unbearable. This is the last one, Onyx. The last one. I tried to remind myself as I opened my mouth to speak the induction. At this point my voice was airy, the strain on my vocal chords too much for me to put any power behind the words I was speaking. So I had to make up for that with the grip, tightening it around the last wolfs hand to prove that while my voice had gone, my resolve hadn't.

When I finally released my grip, my ears weren't hit with instant hollers of celebration as they usually would have been after completing such an important moment. And I knew why before my eyes even saw, because I'd caught her scent. The scent was Luxx. It grew stronger, a different scent mingling with hers as she stood in front of me. I didn't look at the other wolves, I didn't look anywhere but at her. It didn't even cross my mind to wonder why she was hiding, when so much about her presence had given her away already. When there was nothing to be ashamed of about joining our ranks, no reason to hide in shame. It almost angered me that she hid. In fact, it did anger me that she was hiding herself, that she didn't make eye contact. And more importantly, I was confused. Was this a trick? A grand joke? What the fuck was this?

I just stood there, my hand already being grabbed, and this time the carving into my palm had my breath caught in my throat. How I was still standing, I didn't know, because I wanted to fucking fall and grip my wrist and compel the fucking wound to close. But I didn't. In fact, I didn't do anything for a long time, and I could hear the whispers getting louder. It wasn't until I reached forward, almost furiously, and gripped her hand as tightly as I had the last when silence fell again. With this grip... Nothing about my grip was stronger or weaker than it had been with the other wolves, but it still felt like I was breaking her hand. Strong and unyielding... I wasn't seeing Luxx anymore, I was remembering Pix. Her little hand coated in ketchup and reaching towards mine as she played Alpha. She'd got the words all mixed up... With this cut. I blood to blood. The feeling of ketchup oozing between our hands.... I, Onyx, the Pack Master of Reprisal... Was it the wrong thing to do? Thera came to mind. How much had she given into being a lone by now? If she was even still alive... Would I have accepted her anyway? Even if she'd adopted the instinct to lie and deceive... willingly bond blood to blood... Luxx the betrayer... What would she do? No longer having the excuse of being a lone to fall back on when scheming and lying and betraying. You are my ally... My hand squeezed tighter with that word, and it felt more like a warning than a promise. One only she and I would know, because it came from the tightness in my grip, not from the tone of my voice. ...My friend... My grip loosened with that one, returning back to it's average firm hold. ...My sister... And it tightened again, because I knew I was doing the right thing. Nothing was going to let her run from this. I wasn't going to let her run this time. ...My family... Sona had entered my mind first, with that word. My fucking heart ached, another reminder that I shared her pain even if she hadn't chosen to become a member of my pack. I fucking carried it with me every day.

...My Pack... My eyes were bright again, flashing brighter and brighter to really make sure the bond had been made... Even though I'd already felt it, I still didn't believe it.

Back to top Go down

Lilith Alysbury | Wolf; Warlord/Battlelord

Posted on Mon May 22, 2017 3:14 pm

Breath. Sharp. Crisp. Clear.

I held it in. Trapped it in my lungs. My fingers twitched in his grip. A spasm that reflected the surprise that I genuinely felt. Shock that made my mouth under the hood drop open. Lips parting to let in that one siphon of air that got lodged. How was this possible? Did I even want to know why? Did he believe me now? When I didn’t even believe myself? The pressure of Onyx’s hand changed as each of the words I hadn’t expected to hear come from him…did. I’d always thought that I’d be the one saying them. Warmly greeting wolves into my own pack. Instead, someone who said he hated me and didn’t trust me had his blood mixing with mine. This had happened before….the scrying bowl. How did I not notice? Had I not wanted to see? That he had been getting nothing out of that night other than sharing his blood with a scheming bitch. The same traitor that still stood before him with blood on her hands.

A feeling crept in that I hadn’t felt in a very long time. Had only really felt once before. I’d gotten shades of the sensation but never the full effect. A merging of my existence to that of something greater that was actually tangible. Not just the bond I had with the Ancestors. Something that couldn’t just be felt, but seen, touched and heard. I didn’t even look up. Just staring at my hand and his. Just like the first time, it was marred with pain. Shifting for the first time had been one of the most glorious moments of my life but also one of the most agonizing physically. I could only imagine that what I was about to do tomorrow morning was the only experience that would top it. This time I felt a strangling ache in my chest that wasn’t from the injury over my heart. For once it didn’t hurt at all. Couldn’t even feel anything aside from a pulse in my palm. Numbed to the world. Removed from the misery of my body for a blissful second. Onyx had accepted me as family. Given me a home. He cared about what I wanted. Had seen my pain and even though I didn’t want it, hadn’t asked him for it, had remedied the wound. One that I had thought would never be healed.

Not all wounds heal.

The ache turned. Rose and made it almost impossible to let out the breath that now bayed to be released from my lungs. When I managed to force it free it came with a pained noise. One of relief but disturbed realization. Of why this hurt so much. My fingers finally clenched as firmly as I could muster around his. How cruel. To give me the Prophecy I had, knowing this would happen. Did the Ancestors really think I could take torture of this caliber? Was I indeed that strong? I had to be. For my sake and for his. For there's now. I was connected to every single one of them. They were my family. My brothers and sisters. The feeling I was trying to resist surged. My grip around his hand getting tighter.

Love.
I’d turned his hate into love.

You’re weak Luxx.

Severing our hands mine found its way immediately to my heart. Resting over the top of the bandaged cluster of scratch marks. Every single one seemed to ignite. I could feel blood seeping into the fabric. My body trembled with the sheer agony vibrating out of the wound. My hand stayed where it was, clenching into a fist. My fingers digging into the broken skin. There's would clot and heal. Wolf regeneration eventually winning and taking that disruption and mending it. Mine would take much longer and I would make sure it never did. I’d pour liquid silver into the symbol before my dulled genetics took it from me. This was to be the representation of how much strength the Ancestors believed I possessed. A scar I wouldn’t cover like I had the others. Though also a reminder of how my potential for pure weakness was very real. Not being able to weather the fire literally axing through my skin, deep into the muscle, as if it was trying to reach the organ underneath, I dropped to my knees in front of Onyx. Fist still clenched over my heart.

“Always and Never.”

A true dedication to him of my intentions. A statement that was in every way the epitome of what the Ancestors had told me to do. A charge that had taken on a whole new meaning. Now not just something I was told to do. That I had been trying to based on selfish desires. Scrambling to my feet suddenly feeling very naked I spun around to retreat and came face to face with Matrix. The wolf almost always seemed to be late to everything. Had to be all that weed he smoked. Frazzled his brain so time lost some of its foothold, even if he was meant to be somewhere important. Considering what had just happened and what I was about to do tomorrow the Ancestors were going to have to forgive me for what I next said. “It wasn’t fake. It was real. Everything was. So very real. Someday tell Apollo that I’m sorry.” Speaking now to just him I didn’t wait for a reply. Any recognition that he had listened. Quickly dodging around him to walk briskly back towards town.

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics