setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Private] Right-hand Side of the Left-hand Path - Page 2

[Private] Right-hand Side of the Left-hand Path

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: [Private] Right-hand Side of the Left-hand Path

Blake Vancel | Vampire; Young

Posted on Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:53 pm

Who the fuck is this guy? The face he had the gall to call me rude was quite surprising. I did almost a full 180 on my heel once I heard the words come out of his mouth. I'm the rude one? One, how dare you, two I'm not the one who is clearly interrupting. At this point I felt more irritated than anything. I'm sorry, but excuse you? It was clear he was nervous and afraid of me. I could probably easily dominate this situation, but I didn't want to spend too much time in case more wolf-pigs showed up. The thought of that possibility disgusted me. I already wasn't a fan of police, always making my job harder or just being a nuisance, but adding a werewolf into it was just adding more wood to the fire.

How are you supposed to plan for a werewolf cop that enjoys to dance with Mary Jane, who just so happened to be smoking where you were stealing? Easy, you can't. Of all the things that could have went wrong tonight, the possibility of this happening was virtually nothing. My typical run-ins had been either police or werewolf, never both that I was aware of. In the end I guess it was my own fault for not looking into the police force and who's-who of the town before I settled in.

I raised my brow in confusion as I tried to calm myself down. I could feel the aggravation growing in me and I didn't want it to cause my focus and attentiveness to fall short in case I needed it. What did he want me to do? I'll gladly leave and pretend none of this happened, if he was so scared of me, why did he keep trying to talk to me? Just let me be on my way. I blinked hard realizing I had been staring him down this whole time. I don't this that's how it works. I smiled, flashing my fangs enough to be visible.Besides, I hate hotdogs.

I almost forgot I was carrying a giant painting on my back. It wasn't that heavy, mostly awkward if anything. I shifted it on my back a little, the tarp making a crinkling noise as it moved. I could always burn it. I thought to myself. As much as it would break my heart to see the piece go, I would never have to deal with another soul seeing it and figuring out who I am. Would today's modern humans even figure it out? I could probably try shipping it off to another museum in another state and try my best to never go there ever. Though, that would leave too many foot prints. I'm sure they would pull out all the stops to see where it shipped from and who sent it. It would be too much effort to deal with covering that up, plus the shipping charges for this awkward size would be outrageous. Burning it would really be my best bet. Worse comes to worst, that would be my best case of action. Did I even remember to bring a lighter or a match?

I looked down for a second biting the inside of my cheek slightly as I tried to remember if I brought anything I could use to set ablaze the painting.
What are you doing out here in the alley so late anyway? Shouldn't you be helping some granny get her cat or something? I said as I reached my hand to feel one of my back pockets for a lighter or something. I was hoping the conversation would make me look less suspicious. I didn't want to use the lighter immediately of course, but just wanted to see if I even had the possibility of using it as a back up plan. Empty. Great.

Back to top Go down

Keon N Ravelich | Wolf; Warrior/Fighter

Posted on Mon Aug 07, 2017 1:28 am

Proper fucked up. That’s what this was. Whatever the fuck it was. Holy shit I was steadily getting a paranoid buzz. Was I really having a conversation with a Fang? Had I ever done this shit before? She was reaching inside her jacket like she was actually going to re-light the dying joint between my fingers. Why did this have to happen when you’re getting high Keon? “How what works?” I knew what I should be doing. Not just because I was in uniform either. What would be worse? Not attacking a Fang on sight? Or going full guns and getting owned because you were high?

“Who hates hotdogs? Perfect on outdoor grills. Or ya just use a stick.” So should be getting off this topic. Was dodgy as all hell but the paranoia was fueling the fear. I was confused and all I could think about was the fact I had a lighter. “What ya looking for?” I’d heard all the jokes under the sun about being a police dog. Didn’t need to talk to a Fang to hear those. “Never had a call out for a cat. Always wondered how that would go down actually.” I legit pothead ponder I’d had. Green always made me wonder about the stupidest shit.

“Need a lighter?” Felt really natural at the time to reach for mine and hold it out to her. Until I’d done it that is. I froze like I was playing statues with the kids at the Den. I was the master when not in Wolf form. Light as a feather. Shame Wolfy was more, heavy as a rock. Had me wondering if I could fill the alleyway with my bulk. “Wait. Why would you need a lighter?” Automatic smoker reaction. Assuming everyone was searching for a light when they went on pocket missions. She could have been looking for her phone. Or maybe a lipstick. Was she wearing lipstick? I peered closer, narrowing my eyes on her mouth. Seeing those Fangs and feeling my gut flip flop.

Didn’t matter that I knew what I was doing was utterly insane in the membrane. I couldn’t move. Just stuck lamely holding my lighter out to a Fang who couldn’t even breathe so didn’t need one. What the fuck was I up to? Felt like I should be pissing myself. I was alone and in an alleyway with a bloodsucking killer. Instead, I was rambling on like a loon and offering the undead my belongings. “What’s the deal with that thing?” My mouth worked even if my body was refusing to, gesturing with my eyes to the object she was carrying.

Back to top Go down

Lucina Mangosteen | Witch; Elementalist

Posted on Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:31 pm

x

Back to top Go down

Blake Vancel | Vampire; Young

Posted on Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:32 pm

Ah, forget it. I was the farthest thing from a vampire doctor and scientist, I didn't know how this really worked and going on a rant wouldn't get me out of this situation faster.

I curled up my lip into a slight sneer, Ugh. Do you even know what's in those? I shifted in my stance, then cracked my arm stretching it out to the side. Gross leftovers that probably shouldn't be ingested. I never understood the appeal for hot dogs, then again I wasn't a fan of sausage and kielbasa even in my human days. It didn't really matter my opinions on human food items, I couldn't eat it anyway. Though, I have always wondered what a Luther Burger tasted like. A cheese burger on glazed doughnuts instead of buns? What a time to be alive.... and human. Are we seriously talking about food right now? I ignored his initial question while I came up empty handed on the 'catch-this-painting-on-fire' front.

Well, I imagine one of two things will happen. I crossed my arms. The first option, is you call it in, I run off before anyone gets here and hide for awhile. The second is, you somehow keep me here and when your little buddies show up, I'll be outnumbered and likely end up dead. I paused realizing how awful that all sounded. I put on my negotiating and kindest voice I could muster, Look, you could let me walk away. I go my way, you go yours and we never speak of this again. No outside police, dogs, or 'cats.' I said while I air quoted the cats term with my index and middle fingers.

Oh, wow thanks. I reached for the lighter cautiously. Was he reading my brain? No way, right? I was starting to get a little weirded out by his staring though. Did you plan to kiss me or something? I didn't think this was a Romantic Comedy. I said jokingly.

A sigh escaped my chest. Would you believe me it's a giant kite? Beautiful kite. Best in the city. I lied. I really didn't want him to call in back-up. Too much trouble, too much effort. I was tired enough already. Just let me go.

Back to top Go down

Keon N Ravelich | Wolf; Warrior/Fighter

Posted on Sat Aug 26, 2017 3:01 am

“I know whats in mine.” That so didn’t come out right. There was no point in arguing with a Fang. Never had a reason to speak to one. Had no bloody clue why we were discussing hot dogs. Fear was making me pull shit out of my backside. Random crap. Keep her talking. To then do what Sherlock Ravelich? “Not that I’m saying I’m a snob for the common run of the mill cart on the side of the road dealio. I’d rather my own creations..” The Sequoia had some mind blowing recipes for all sorts of stuff. Apollo’s Venison kicked my arse but no one had the best weed or the most epic hot dogs but me. My only claim to fame outside of being a walking encyclopedia for comic book heroes. 

Wondered how this would look from the perspective of a fly on the side of the building. Wolf having a conversation, even if it was a weird one, with a bloodsucking mutant. She wasn’t trying to gnaw my leg off. I couldn’t decide what the hell I was going to do. How I was going to do it. Though really a fly would see like a hundred different scenes of the same thing. Lots of little eyes. Was that a real life thing or just something they did in cartoons? Not the time Matrix. Oh. Yeah. Right. Really high.

She was trying to lay out the facts. Expecting that I was going to have the full capacity to actually use my brain. “I’m off the clock.” It was true I’d been on countdown when I’d come for a spliff. I liked my job but I still longed for knock off time. “Buddies? You mean my pack? You’re expecting me to shift and what? Howl them to me? Or you gonna let me flick ‘em a text. What up homies? Wanna lynch a Fang?Shut up Matrix! Wow. Just..wow. Had I just basically turned myself into a hot dog? Tell a killer that all roads pointed to a one on one. Western style showdown in an alleyway. While I’m blazed and she's stealing kites from art galleries. “Guess it’s true then. No regrets. Fangs don’t have them. If I just let you walk  no one would know, but I would.” I actually managed to drop the frozen man routine. Actually drawing back as she reached for the lighter.

“You actually want this? Not to get high obviously. Or have a ciggy…” Didn’t take a rocket scientist. Just one super jacked Wolf drawing from the pages of various caped crusaders. “Don’t like hot dogs. Something tells me you don’t like kites either. Or just that particular one. That’s cool. If you’d said frisbees then we would have had a problem.” I grinned lazily but launched my eyes into the green glow of my core rank. 

Still holding fast to my end of the lighter I tried to stare her down but felt my eyes drifting slightly so I didn’t have to deal with the fact she was freaking me out with the romance comments. This was screwed up enough as it was. Think Matrix think. Okay, so she wanted the lighter. She could probably just take it from me. Hell, I would have thought she would have just attacked me by now.

“Cop Matrix tells me that I would have to book you twice for burglary and the destruction of property but Wolf Matrix is fine with you making a bonfire as long as I can see the painting first and know your name.” Good boy. “I’ll just roll another joint and be on my way.” Where the hell was my weed? If I reached nirvana then I could change events and never have gotten myself into this mess in the first place. Walked another block before lighting up. Pussy. 

“Up to you. But just between you and me.” I looked around the alleyway, trying to judge width in my inebriated state. “Index is going to have to have the reconstruction budget of Gotham City if I shift in the middle of town.” It would have been a threat. A bloody good one. If my voice hadn’t slightly trembled. I’d never taken a solo Fang. Always hunted with others. Jerking the lighter out once more I gave her the option. There were only two. Snatch the lighter and my hand would be forced. If I at least had a name and knew what the painting looked like maybe I could find her later. Make sure I was sober. Nowhere near expensive architecture. Then I could somehow redeem myself. Somehow.

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics