setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Private] Right-hand Side of the Left-hand Path

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Keon N Ravelich | Wolf; Warrior/Fighter

Posted on Wed May 17, 2017 1:51 pm

Thread Details
Outside the Vue Art Gallery ⋅ Cloudy teasing light rain ⋅ 1amish

Couldn’t really tell you when I decided to become a cop. Would be awesome to have some big childhood story about seeing the uniform worn by some tough guy with a heart of gold that had made me want to walk a beat just like him. Just wouldn’t be true. Had its benefits though. For weeks I had been basically breaking the law. So had multiple other wolves. I didn’t regret trying to murder Luxx. What I regretted is that I hadn’t put enough liquid silver in that flask. I’d never used the stuff before so the Sequoia, the Pacific would have to forgive me that I hadn’t known how much a lethal dose for a cockroach was. This was just all retaliation, I kept telling myself that. I had been totally intent on following Apollos lead when it came to the lone but Orion had made that very difficult. The guy was a total wank. So far inserted into Luxx’s ass that it was hard to work out where she started and he ended. He’d started this mess and I had tried to finish it. Without their Bride of Frankenstein Warlord their little group of assholes wouldn’t have any reason to continue rocking an already unsteady boat. With Onyx finally showing his face instead of sending out the blonde harpy to do his bidding, I had begun to feel slightly ashamed. We all looked like children from his position I imagined. Had probably allowed it to continue up until his girl had her life threatened. This was the calm before the storm. Nothing had been said as of yet. I was under no impression it would stay that way.

I’d tried burying myself in case files. Onyx had to have some kind of sense. Apollo would eventually gain an audience to open his damn eyes to the snake that slithered amongst us but I was going to work on shining myself up. If the Alpha found out I had tried to kill another wolf…urgh, I didn’t want to think of what would happen. Apollo didn’t even know I was behind it. That I had been the one who had rallied Nova and a few others to be a force that stood up against Orion and his flunkies. I’d cast aside morals just to fight lies with silver. I wasn’t proud of the fact but I still stood by my choice. Now I was trying to make amends for my sins by taking care of Index. The Pacific already had a deal with the Police Department so being accepted into their ranks when I had all the right credentials was a piece of cake. What messed with my head is how many unsolved issues sat on their desks. Humans almost terrified of dealing with anything that looked as if it might have something to do with a world they sort of knew existed but didn’t understand. Only those in true positions of power had any clue but they slapped muzzles on their inferiors. Which had led to so many cases going cold, being swept to the side.

Reading over all that stuff had begun to hurt my head. Not to mention having to deal with radio transmissions that bled into each other, overlapped and twisted my perception of everything around me. “281 transferred to a 372. Licence plate 937 dash ZDX…” Suspicious Vehicle turned found property. More than likely stolen. “430 in progress corner of St Brides and Fenklin.” Accident investigation. Was one of the more common ones. Waiting for my favorite to come screaming through. Drunken and Disorderly Adult. A 176. Strolling down the sidewalk I was looking around for an alleyway to have a quick puff. Getting high on the job wasn’t unheard of for me. In the heart of town my wolf ability was awful. All the music, text messages, phone calls. Gave me a permanent headache. Mary Jane took my hand and numbed the noise. I’d brought enough of my own home grown bud to last me quite a while but at some point I was going to have to devote some time to rebuilding my garden of weeden.

The bright lights of the currently closed Vue Art Gallery came into view. So far I’d walked the whole town. Getting a feel for where everything was. Wanted to be one of those guys who remembered street names but I was definitely a navigator based on landmarks. Many of those being prime locations to smoke a bowl. Striding over to a nice shadowed section off to the side of the main entrance, I did take a quick look around to see if anyone was nearby. Though Marijuana was legal in this state. One really big bonus of having to move here. It still wasn’t okay to get baked while in Police uniform. Unless of course it was Halloween and you weren’t actually a member of the force.

Back to top Go down

Re: [Private] Right-hand Side of the Left-hand Path

Blake Vancel | Vampire; Young

Posted on Fri May 19, 2017 10:30 pm

Only a fool seeking attention steals art. The small market there was for it is dwindling and majority of the buyers turned out to be cops anyway. Plus, good luck trying to find someone on the street willing to spend billions of dollars for a stolen piece. It is a waste of time and effort to just get your name in a small headline in a newspaper, but I here I stood in the Vue Art Gallery, face to face with a painting I was about to rip off of the wall.

After moving to Index, I wanted to see what local venues there were and small events, especially in the arts department. Today's modern nightclubs weren't my thing, not that I would never go, but it never interested me. I enjoyed formal events; evening gowns, champagne, tuxedos, smooth jazz playing faintly in the background as the party-goers discussed their preferences of either Henri Matisse or Pablo Picasso. So naturally, I was excited to discover there was a local art gallery that still did showings and was decently active. While checking out their website and random Google images, I came across an old painting that was too familiar. Upon closer examination, it was in fact one of my own self portraits I thought that had been destroyed ages ago. While the idea of my own painting of myself wasn't worrisome enough, the placard under the painting read, "Selfless Self-Portrait - Blake Vancel, Early 1900s." Was someone messing with me? How did they find this? I knew using my real name when I first began my apprenticeship would haunt me one day. I couldn't just leave the piece there. For one, it was mine to begin with, and second, it'd be pretty suspicious and uncomfortable to lie about the painting of myself with my name on it that it wasn't me. I decided it was time to pull out the stops and retrieve my self portrait. I had promised Daron I wouldn't take on any jobs from anyone who wasn't him, but this was for myself, so I technically wasn't breaking any agreements or contracts.

Breaking in wasn't too difficult; nothing paying a hooligan child to get the guard's attention away couldn't handle. The painting itself wasn't that big, and was located in a small section with several different paintings from that time period and style. Most probably wouldn't even notice it or even pay that much attention to it since it blended in with the others, but to me it was blaringly obvious and screamed at me. I took off my black mask never taking my focus off the painting. I had painted this before I was turned, for reasons I couldn't remember. It was like looking at a ghost. The messy oil strokes of vibrant colors felt so distant. My skin was still tanned from the sun, my natural red-orange hair longer and lighter as well. In the portrait I was looking up towards the viewer, my hands grasping onto the brim of an over-sized hat. I displayed a pearly white smile with bright blue eyes. It felt strange to be reminded of a time where I actually thought of myself in this almost sickenly happy image.

I inhaled then exhaled sharply. With gloved hands and vampiric speed, I laid out a large blue tarp and lifted the painting frame and all off the wall. I wrapped the painting tightly and attached a strap diagonally from corner to corner then slung it over my shoulder like it was a simple school book bag. After checking to make sure the piece was secured to my body, I listened to see if the security guards were back from dealing with the child. The silence of everything but the faint humming from the display lights was my sign that my exit was going to be easy. I found a door marked "Emergency Exit" and promptly made my way out.

Once out in the alley, I smelled something familiar. Was that.... weed? I thought to myself. I looked around curious where the smell was coming from, and saw a man in a police uniform not that far from me. Without even thinking, my mouth let out, Oh fuck.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Mon May 29, 2017 7:15 pm

Hip hop or R&B wasn’t my preferred jam. Everyone would be very disappointed in me if they knew, that while I was more often than not reluctant to put try hard pants on when it came to my wolf ability. When four twenty rolled around I couldn’t resist tuning into the right radio station for a fitting backing track. Didn’t matter if I got a bit sleepy because the weed was going to cradle my head anyway. Looking at my watch I knew I had twenty minutes left before I was officially off the clock but I felt like I’d done enough to reward myself already. Closing my eyes I let the headache of static fill my ears as I figuratively shifted the needle dialing into a specific station.

“Yeah boy.” Nodding my head along to some old school Cyprus Hill I reached into the sneaky inner pocket of my uniform to remove a blunt. “In the words of Martha Stewart. Here’s one I prepared earlier.” Sniggered to myself sticking the joint in between my lips so had both hands free to find out where the hell I’d put my lighter. Preferred a bong of course but my baby was far too large to smuggle into my work locker. Not to mention how the eff was I meant to smuggle that bad boy out? Wrap it in my jacket and pretend it was a baby? Shit wasn’t that a scene from How High? Was this song from that movie? “Insane in the membrane.” Shifting the spliff to one side of my mouth I carefully mumbled the lyrics without even thinking about it. Symptoms of a wolf who heard music constantly. Knew the words to everything from Britney Spears to Bijork. Tilting my head I lit the end and took the biggest drag of my life. Capturing the smoke in my lungs and holding it till my chest started heaving with the effort. Tilting my head back like I was going to howl I blew out an epic long stream of marijuana-scented mist.

Grinning happily I only barely registered the side emergency door opening. No alarm sounded. Not even one of those so-called silent ones that dogs could sometimes hear. My head rolled to the side. Through the Buddha cloud, another scent shot up my snout that singed my nose hairs. Corpse. My face twisted involuntarily at the stench. Weed resulting in it all taking me much longer to connect what I was smelling to the figure that had emerged from the art gallery. “Am I tripping?” Defo a woman. She had something strapped to her back. Like a billboard. My imagination went crazy and started dressing her in a hot dog suit. Advertising bratwurst with ketchup, mustard, and all the trimmings. My mouth tried to water but it just couldn’t. Not with the scent of death getting stronger. “Shit…” I’d managed to keep the blunt in my mouth while speaking before. This time I was not that lucky. With my mouth dropping open in shock at what was now dawning on me. I was looking at a thief. A Thief and a Fang. One in the same. As the joint fell from between my lips, my hands automatically started aerial sign language acrobatics to stop it from hitting the ground.

“Shit…Shit….Ow.”
Managing to grab it though burning my palm in the process I flusteredly twisted around to face her completely. What the hell was I going to do about this? Could shift and destroy yet another uniform. That should be the auto reaction. Fangs were some unfair criminals though. That speed was stupid. Like pitting Superman up against some second rate barely recognizable not even good enough for their own television show super villain. Crap. Did I just give myself the role of a poorly drawn and imagined bad guy? Bad Weed. Play it cool Matrix. Be smooth. Get her talking so your brain can catch up. ‘Cause it was still trying to dispel the hotgod image…I mean…Hot DOG. Dammit. Why did I bring the mind-warping melt into the couch weed with me? “Ahhhh…Hi?” Great work Matrix ._.

Back to top Go down

Blake Vancel | Vampire; Young

Posted on Wed May 31, 2017 9:50 pm

Once the dense, opaque cloud of smoke disappeared, my senses tensed up. Not only was I caught by a police officer, but a damn dog police officer at that. I figured the worst I would have to deal with tonight would have been if the security guards caught me before I escaped. They were simple humans though, so even if I was caught it'd be easy to handle the situation one way or another. It was set up to be characteristically an in and out job, hour and a half long max. Honestly, I wasn't expecting much of any security in this area. With how late it was I figured the police in this town would be more concerned with dealing the local drunks, or hell, the hooligan child who was way too young to be out at this hour that I just paid to be a nuisance to the security guards.

I know I should have just used my speed to get myself out of this whole mess, but the whole situation seemed off. My curiosity seemed to keep me planted against my better judgement. I knew he could smell me and knew what I was without even looking at me. Not like there were any homeless vampires just hanging around in the alley; if there was such a thing of course. Even still, he knew what I was, saw me leave the art gallery with a giant painting strapped to my back and he's not on the offensive from what I could tell.

I watched him juggle the blunt in almost disbelief of what was going on. I almost let out a small laugh at his comical pain. The one police dog I run into and he's stoned off his arse, great. Could I use this to my advantage? Even if he arrested me, wouldn't the rest of the force give him shit for smoking on the job? I guess they wouldn't care if the what he brought in was more important. It'd been years since I've had any conflict with a wolf. I stayed away from them, and they typically stayed away from me. It wasn't too hard of a feat when I was hopping from one town to the next as fast as I could. It was almost out of my element being here for as long as I had been already, and seeing as I had a big job coming up, I was going to be planted in this town even longer.

I stared in his direction for an uncomfortable amount of time after he spoke, still on the defense, Hello. I said frankly, my eyes carefully watching his moves. I placed one foot behind the other, leaning back slightly on the back leg. I was preparing myself to run the hell out of Dodge if things started to turn sour. I paused a bit, waiting for him to make some form of a move, whether it be attacking or even arresting me. I opened my eyes wide and made a line with my lips, Right, well, this has been great, but I really must get going.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Thu Jun 08, 2017 3:30 pm

“I'll check your ass like a looter in a riot. Much too fast like a sumo slammin' dat ass. Leavin' your face in the grass.” At least I was high enough that I didn’t just start reciting lyrics out loud. That was the biggest reason why I preferred to be in an alternate state of mind. Nothing switched off the music but at least weed stopped me from playing the role of mega weirdo. Adding shit into conversations like I was half on another planet. Though I was. All the damn time. I was up shit creek without a paddle. Barely even had a rowboat at all. Everything about her made my skin crawl with maggots. That smell. Just the knowledge of what she was. Emotions a plenty shimmering through the cloud trying its best to wrap me up in a blanket. Anger. Frustration. Fear. Fear, I could work with that. Apollo had taught me that it was nothing to be ashamed of. The Sequoia had some really deep and meaningful theoretical training exercises. Using terror in combat situations to gain an advantage. Was no way I was going to match up to a Fanger alone, while partially baked. Had to try and use what I knew to help myself. No-one would know if I just let her bolt down the alleyway with whatever she had stolen. Onyx would never find out unless I told him or for some reason this Fanger and he had a conversation. I’d know though. Had a loaded guilty conscious right now already. There was only so much one Wolf could handle and I was at my limit with just the secrets I had regarding Luxx. What I’d done for Apollo when he didn’t even know.

I took a long toke on my joint. Really puffing that bitch like a cigar though sucking in every wisp of smoke I could into my lungs. There was nothing about me that would suggest that I was a scholar. School had not been my element. I’d sucked at almost everything. Didn’t want to say I was dumb. Just that I had very specific interests that weren’t taught by teachers. If they had replaced poetry dissection with comic book history in English then I would have aced that shit. If Math had just been me and a set of scales I would have gotten straight A’s. My biology grades had only taken a nose dive when it hadn’t just been about the study of plants and not the one I was particularly interested in. Hell I could be top of the class if anyone asked me a thing about the cultivation of Marijuana. Mary Jane was a topic that I could talk anyone's ears off about. To the extent of a scientist or a psychologist. Sure most smoked to gain that euphoric lift in mood but it wasn’t all as simple as that. Ganja kinda, fed off emotions. At least in my experiences, it did. Was like Alcohol in that respect. Couldn’t rightly control how you were going to feel on the stuff. Didn’t even have much to do with the batch. One session could be a paranoia trip of epic proportions while another from the same plant could be a hefty dose of the munchies and nothing much else. Being aware of all that didn’t mean I was a wizard and could direct my high into a ballpark but I could at least try.

Thinking about everything about her that scared me while I held the smoke in my chest. Forcing myself to see images of Wolf bodies with their throats torn out in my head. Avoiding thinking about any direct experiences I’d had because I didn’t want to cripple myself with terror. Just wanted her to sense the unease, that fear, to think I wasn’t a threat. Blowing the laced breath out of my lungs, I gave a short cough. “Rude aren’t ya?” My voice had a slight tremble to it which was very real. Not an act. Ride that wave Matrix. Make her think you’re a pussy ass bitch and learn what you can. Would only be worth a damn if I remembered it though. Short term memory was a fickle mistress. While I wasn’t confident that chasing her right now would result in a capture I could try my best to work out who she was, where she came from, why she was here, what she’d taken and why. Pressure. A new fear added to the concoction that I’d already tried to lock onto. Never could deal with tall expectations.

“By all means though, I won’t keep you.” Reverse psychology. How did that shit even work? So wasn’t smart enough to properly use that. What the hell are you doing Matrix? Screwing this stuff up already. “Was gonna offer you a toke then I remembered, no breathing means no smoking right?” I smiled. Nervously. A shaky unstable expression that I didn’t at all have to fabricate. I was terrified of her presence and likewise freaking out over the fact she might just bail out and I would have to walk around with the knowledge that I’d let a Fang slip through my fingers. In uniform too. Double disaster. “Actually that sounds shit. Just having to rely on a contact high.” The rambling was coming out now which was directly linked to the fear. Automatic reaction. “Being baked would make carrying that thing. Whatever it is. Hard as hell though. You’d get halfway down the alley and be all….screw this I’m getting a hotdog.”

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics