setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Closed] You have been invited...

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Claire Trevino

Claire Trevino | Human; Citizen

Posted on Thu May 11, 2017 12:52 pm

Thread Details
Claire's home then Mad Platter ⋅ Warm ⋅ Afternoon

It had taken me some time to think about... to get the courage to really think about Michelle. Did I want to talk to Logan? I knew I needed to, but I was terrified. It had to be strange for him too, One sleepless night the realization hit me, if I had switched it around. If someone went from being my lover to my son. Uncomfortable wasn't even half the word that situation needed. So I left it at that. I didn't bring it up. I didn't even know if it was a mistake or if it was a compassionate choice. But finally, I had a day when I was preparing invites to my pinning ceremony. We were allowed four guests each because it was a small banquet hall. I felt sad that I'd actually lost touch with Claire's family. So here I was, sitting at the desk in the dining room realizing I didn't have any family to invite in the normal sense of the word. I had friends, but none that close. I'd maybe consider inviting Tori. And then my thoughts drifted back to Michelle.

The brief glimpses I allowed myself were basically kicking myself in the rear for being so angry with her, wondering if something in me should have felt who she was. Could she be considered my daughter? Were actual souls linked as family too? Would knowing otherwise make Logan feel any better about the situation? I thought about Father Tallon and my brief stint with that group, and how the whole time I had participated I knew it wasn't fixing any of the pain I felt. That talk with him at the lake helped more than any of the violence had. Still, I had trusted him implicitly and while I was on the fence about religion knowing what I know, I was tempted to explain what I'd finally found out, and ask him about what my bond with Michelle meant. And then I realized it didn't matter. What mattered now was that we had a bond regardless of what it was labeled. We were family now, at least in my mind, and there was a part of me that really wanted her to know that. So I grabbed one of the invitations, but also tore off a page from my notepad.

Michelle,
I don't know how you feel or what you think of when you think of me. We have a strange past, but I also think we share something that no one else does, no one else can understand. You were originally going to be my daughter. Trust me, I've thought about it. I don't know if that's what we're still meant to be. But I had a thought today that it doesn't matter. There isn't going to be a label for what we are, other than family if you're willing. Come to me if you need me. Please, come to me before you really hurt yourself. We both know all too well what it's like to have no family, and it's a feeling we've felt for too long.

That being said, I've included an invitation. I'm finishing school, and we're meant to invite family. It's up to you, I'll understand if you don't want to come. But I'd be happy if you were there.

Claire

I folded the paper so that it fit in the envelope with the invitation. I didn't bother with the mail, it was the perfect day for a drive (it always was), so I brought the note directly to the Mad Platter, handing it to the dark haired man working. This is very important, please don't forget.

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics