setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Private] When You Have a Hook for a Hand - Page 2

[Private] When You Have a Hook for a Hand

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Paul Thacker

Re: [Private] When You Have a Hook for a Hand

Paul Thacker | Wolf; Warlord/Battlelord

Posted on Fri Jun 02, 2017 6:52 am

This was what I was here for, in a way, wasn’t it? Hadn’t seen too many other packs, aside from that one closer to the city. It had been Rigel’s stompin’ grounds, but I hadn’t been a fan of anyone else from that area. Half had tried to sell me drugs, the others had their noses way up in the air. I wanted to see what the Sequoia was getting into by venturing up this way. Were these people good? Worth fighting with? Were they anything like us? The girl was pretty, definitely not a girl I’d feel comfortable approaching on my own. Come to think of it, I never really did approach girls I didn’t know, wolf or not. Usually, I just wanted things like that to happen on their own accord.

That’s probably for the best, and, kinda hopin’ you won’t tell her. Don’t want things to get weird. That raised a lot more questions about my boss, didn’t it? I suppose a lot of us back home are music lovers, wouldn’t be nothin’ for some of us to run into each other at that guitar shop back in Visalia. Still, I hadn’t seen any wolves there yet but that didn’t mean it wouldn’t happen.

Hadn’t even thought about looking at the menu, and when I did I quickly skimmed to the steak section, then to the largest option. A few vegetables on the side, cooked as rare as I could get it. It might not have varied much, but it made eating out simple. Though, I never minded cooking at home. Perhaps our next “date” if this went well. Let’s hope she liked venison. Yeah, there’s a town called Visalia, it’s near the Sequoia National Forest. We’re kinda between the two. I drummed my thumbs on the table for a wink, mindlessly filling any blank of silence with something but it didn’t last long because I actually realized it shouldn’t be out of line to ask some questions of my own. So what about the Pacific? How.. what’s everybody like?

Back to top Go down

Arden Rowe | Wolf; Spiritual Leader

Posted on Thu Jun 15, 2017 4:14 pm

Yeah, I get that. Considering how Michelle and I met, I was surprised that things weren't weirder for us than they were. But I guess Michelle didn't really know about how much Gio had hit on me, since she seemed to really enjoy the freedom she had to talk about him being a wolf with me that she didn't have with her human friends. My relationship with Michelle was what it was in part because of how it had started and what she knew, but what benefited me wouldn't necessarily work the same for Apollo since their relationship was completely different.

I nodded, and followed up with a question that was pretty much inevitable for any conversation that I was in You guys do any skiing or just like hiking or camping down there? California was beautiful. I couldn't imagine living down there without taking advantage of the natural beauty. Maybe I sounded like a broken record but there was much that I loved as much as I loved being outside doing what I loved. With things the way they were, if I didn't focus on something that I loved then things would get dark fast.

Of course, Apollo had to ask about the past, one of the things that made me so sad. It's pretty much in shreds but before it was pretty much a bunch of debauchery, to be honest. I'd never looked down on the pack for partying in the way that it did. Every pack had its culture. Some packs enjoyed hunting and killing, the Pacific had enjoyed drinking. It wasn't like I could act like I didn't. Things have sombered up a bit since then.

Back to top Go down

Paul Thacker

Paul Thacker | Wolf; Warlord/Battlelord

Posted on Tue Jun 20, 2017 5:50 pm

I haven’t been skiing, not because I wouldn’t. I’ll be honest, I grinned, I really didn’t get out much. We kinda, we always had these big bonfires. A lot of us had four-wheelers and there were awesome trails. There was a lot more we could do, one of those things where the locals had never done much of what the tourists were into. Actually, we all kept pretty active. My family wasn’t the only one who grew most of our own produce. Some even had livestock and some hunted. We Thackers did a little of both. Kind of wondered if she would be interested if she knew I was pretty much a farm boy.

That’s… That’s really sad to hear, but I’ve seen it happen a lot. Come to think of it, we’ve kinda been up and down. When I was younger everyone seemed kind of lazy? Content so no one trained. Then we got stronger, then.. Some things happened, and we got weak again. Heck of a roller coaster, isn’t it? The waitress placed our drinks in front of us. You two ready or do you need a few more minutes? Had it in mind to order a rare steak, but actually now I had a hankering for a burger. Burger and fries? I let her finished, pushing the menu to the edge of the table then awkwardly smiled.

So what about your alpha? You think he’s a good leader with times being kinda hard? I didn’t want to seem like I was giving her the third degree, but I was curious and us being without an alpha had us in a tough spot. One of our options was the idea of joining a larger pack like the Pacific.

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics