setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Private] When You Have a Hook for a Hand

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Arden Rowe | Wolf; Spiritual Leader

Posted on Tue May 09, 2017 8:30 pm

Thread Details
Bennigan's Irish Pub | Cloudy | 7:58 pm

The sad truth about my closet was that I didn't own anything dressier than jeans and a tank. Since I didn't date I didn't really have any trendy duds to wear to meet Paul. It was a little strange to feel so unsure about myself. Somehow I'd managed to put pressure on myself just by changing my mindset about it. I'd met guys for drinks before without a single care about looking nice enough, but this seemed more serious somehow. Some part of me wanted to look like I was putting in effort, like I actually cared. On the other hand, I didn't want to be somebody else. I was a casual dresser. If Paul didn't like that, then I didn't want to date him anyway.

Considering that I usually showed up everywhere a few minutes late, it showed how nervous I was that I was early - even if only by a few minutes. The pub was busy but not overcrowded, which was definitely a blessing. If it had been too empty or too full it would make the atmosphere a million times more uncomfortable. I made my way to an open table and sat down, looking around the room to make sure that Paul hadn't already arrived before I did.

Back to top Go down

Paul Thacker

Re: [Private] When You Have a Hook for a Hand

Paul Thacker | Wolf; Warlord/Battlelord

Posted on Wed May 10, 2017 11:18 pm

Shirt. Jeans are skinny and dark, but not mega tight. He's wearing black chucks.

Eventually I wanted to see an actual Irish pub to see how these places matched up. Not complaining, just curious, because places like these didn't need much to do what they were intended to do. Black and white pics, signs, things like that plastered all over the walls, serve whatever you wanted as long as you had beer and shepherd's pie on the menu. Again, not an insult. It was a fun vibe to have - everything back home tried to be so.. hip? Tried to be "new" and "different" and have their things that separated them that really just felt so fake to me. Burgers and mini donuts? No thanks. Come as you are, simple, but it was all I asked. No deception. I'd had enough deception to last a lifetime.

One of those 80's songs was playing, and I couldn't remember the artist but the name of the song had to be "Down Under". I knew the songs, but nothing about the artists. The nineties were more of a sure thing in my mind. But before the music, the first thing I noticed was that I wasn't the only wolf in shop. Not surprising, and happened a lot since Index was pretty much Wolf-con. A gathering to regroup. I went from person to person, looking for either the wolf or the white tee. My eyes grew wide when I found them in the same place. I even continued looking, surely there could have been another blonde in a white tee. But there wasn't. I pressed my fist to the bridge of my nose and chuckled silently before composing myself and sliding into the seat in front of her. Aarrrrrrden? I was going to be the biggest loser in town if this was not the right girl.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Fri May 19, 2017 10:47 am

I sat slouched in my seat, waiting -  a little nervous, even though men didn't typically make me nervous. My thoughts were diverted from my soon-to-arrive date when I smelled a wolf enter the bar. I glanced around, curious, there were hardly any wolves in Index. It was rare to see them any place besides the typical wolf hang outs. Bennigan's was an easygoing place, so wolves didn't exactly avoid it, but it wasn't likely for more than one to be here by coincidence. My eyes darted to the door, but I didn't see anyone I recognized.

The scent was getting stronger, and suddenly Paul was in front of me. I'd been so distracted by looking for the wolf that I hadn't seen him come in. I took a deep breath and realized why I hadn't identified the wolf yet.

Paul was the wolf.

I gave an abrupt laugh both at this discovery and at Paul's greeting. Knowing that he was a wolf, it felt weird to have him call me by my human name. That's me, but I guess you should call me Olympia instead. What were the odds? Michelle's hot employee was a wolf. I didn't know the Reprisal pack like I had the Pacific pack, and it was so small that it made sense that I wouldn't know every wolf. Still, the fact that it was so small just made it less likely that I would end up on a date with a wolf.

Back to top Go down

Paul Thacker

Paul Thacker | Wolf; Warlord/Battlelord

Posted on Tue May 23, 2017 1:02 am

Apollo, I returned and I couldn’t wipe the grin, but also the questions. Did Michelle know? No, she couldn’t, there was no freaking way. My mind was going into hyperdrive - including the fact that I was insanely relieved. I didn’t shun humans, but I never imagined it would be easy to date one. God, maybe Michelle had been some kind of twisted genius. Does um.. Is this why she set us you? You think? I mean… I didn’t think she knew about me. Does she know about you? The questions apparently started pouring but I immediately stopped, realizing just how, fast I’d been talking, how nervous I probably was. This wasn’t how things usually worked for me. I hadn’t had a “date” that wasn’t on the porch or at a lake or.. Well… outside in ages. It was like I didn’t know what to do with my hands all of the sudden. No guitar, nothing to pick which while 90% of my placing was for my enjoyment, I knew what kind of attention it got.

Sorry, I’m just, I mean I’m sure you know I’m not from around here. Been staying with some friends trying to work out the actual move here. You’ll probably be seeing a lot of us soon. That was a bittersweet statement, to say the least. Ever heard anything about the Sequoia? Would have been tempted to have a follow-up question but our waitress arrived, smiling and ready I suppose to take drink orders. What are you two drinking tonight? Margaritas are half price.

Some kind of pale ale? I’m not picky.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Wed May 31, 2017 9:43 pm

I gave Apollo a once-over, not in a sexual but more in a one-wolf-sizing-up-another way. She knows about me, but she didn't act like she knew about you, I said, returning his smile with an incredulous one of my own. Michelle would've told me, right? We'd discussed dating as a wolf and everything - unless that was what had prompted the whole thing. But hadn't we discussed Apollo before we talked about dating? My memories of that night were hazy, since I'd been drinking pretty much nonstop that whole day.

His statement reminded me of the dull sadness whenever I thought of the absence of the pacific pack. Not really-- I started to answer, but I stopped mid-sentence when the waitress arrived. Whatever beer you have on tap is fine with me. The waitress nodded uncertainly at our vague orders and walked away.

There's been a lot of talk from various sources about wolves coming to Index, but I'm not familiar with the individual histories. You from California? One challenge that came from having wolves from different backgrounds coming in was that different packs had their own cultures. The Pacific was a bunch of rednecks, for example, but there were all kinds. Some were more radical than others in terns of things like how they dealt with humans and whatnot -- it would be interesting to hear about Sequoia, as long as they didn't eat people.

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics