setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Private] Incoming Storm - Page 2

[Private] Incoming Storm

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: [Private] Incoming Storm

Arden Rowe | Wolf; Spiritual Leader

Posted on Sun May 21, 2017 8:24 pm

Somehow, Onyx and I had transitioned from at each other's throats to me wanting to talk to him to him wanting to talk to me. It was so surreal how one moment had changed everything so completely - and I really did mean everything. The conversation about why we hadn't been in touch felt like it was dragging on forever and was so filled with awkwardness - all my own, of course, since I knew that it was my fault that we hadn't been in contact.

I was sober enough that I could brush against Onyx's emotions and yet I couldn't quite get a read on him. Discomfort for sure, but what else? There was something there, not quite anger. Frustration, maybe? Or was that my own? I practically jumped out of my seat when Onyx did ask for a drink. I was going to have one myself, at least that way I would know what feelings were my own. Uh... I searched around and came up with a bottle of vodka from the back of the freezer - I hadn't been to the liquor store in a while. This is the best I got, I said, holding it up for his inspection before pulling out a couple of cups.

I took a long drink before returning to where Onyx was sitting. His sentences were choppy, but I understood perfectly what he was trying to say. It was strange how we were both in sync and yet completely out of it as well. Some sort of understanding had been born between us from the sense of shared experience that we had. Yet the experience that connected us also served as a barrier - or it did for me, at least. Knowing that I'd been chosen for this position, knowing that he was now my mate, knowing these things made me feel distanced from him rather than closer.

And why? I couldn't understand why the ancestors had chosen me. I cared about the pack. The reprisal pack wasn't like the pacific pack. There was a profound bond that had formed between the members simply because we had all survived and come together. I was so sure that if I went back to them to try to be their spiritual leader that I would fail. How could the pack rely on me when I could hardly rely on myself?

I stared at the box, astounded at his words. I took it in my hands and stared at it for a moment before looking at Onyx, wide-eyed. I wanted to be able to tell someone about the fear that I felt so deeply that I felt paralyzed by it yet at the same time I was afraid to talk about my fear. Sleep was sporadic at best. Falling asleep on the couch had been a blessing considering that I preferred to be asleep anyway.

I pushed a hand through my hair and opened the box. I leafed through the contents, recognizing its contents as Ghost's belongings. She'd always been an enigma to me - someone I'd respected and feared. I didn't know her well, but I had never thought of us as having anything in common. She'd been a great leader without a doubt, although I'd avoided taking her up on her offers to talk.

I don't know how to be the leader that the pack deserves, I said finally, Being with them is one thing, but trying to connect with the ancestors or serve up prophecies? I don't know the first thing about that. I frowned down at the box to avoid looking at Onyx, I don't even know how to tell them what I am - like, 'hey friends, I'm your new completely fucking useless spiritual leader!'?

Back to top Go down

Vincent Sawyer Byrne | Wolf; Pack Master/Alpha

Posted on Mon May 29, 2017 5:47 pm

I exhaled. Instant relaxation at the anticipation of liquor, the true sign of an alcoholic. I relied on intoxication to make shit easier, and I didn't even care who knew it. Even if it wasn't anyones business but my own. I felt myself sinking back into my seat, posture instantly more relaxed, and eyes focused oddly on that beer bottle I'd noticed when I came in. I guess I relied on booze for distraction purposes too... That's perfect. I replied, clearing my throat shortly after as my fingers drummed mindlessly over the tops of my legs. If someone would have cut out my presence and pasted me into the waiting room at a hospital or legal office, I probably would have looked right for the part. That was the moment when I realized what this was. A fucking business meeting.

It'd be a lie to say I wasn't tempted to throw some of the shit she'd said to me in the past back in her face. It would have been easy, too, because a lot of it applied to her now. But I just couldn't see the point in it... It was already hard enough... Sitting in my Firsts living room and feeling like the air was being sucked out the windows. It was already ridiculously hard and we hadn't even really said anything worthwhile. If I made this worse, it wouldn't happen out of any intent to do so.

My eyes moved from the box in her hands, to her face, back and forth as I tried my best to wait patiently for her to say something. It felt like it was getting hotter in here by the second, and I couldn't even explain why that was what prompted me to drink... But it did. I was mid gulp when she finally spoke, and I just held the glass to my lips for far longer than I needed to. My expression slowly morphed into a glare as I brought the glass down, staring at it resting on my knee. I finally gulped back what had been trapped in my mouth and looked at her. Fucking try, Onyx. Just try. I could feel that ball of anger being pushed down... But it was likely just the gulp of Vodka rolling down my pipes. It was hard to tell, both sensations felt hot.

I'm in no position to ask you to put your faith in the Ancestors... I started, wiping my mouth with the back of my hand before leaning forward to prop my elbows on my knees. ...Yeah, you were chosen by them. You were chosen for a reason... I had to tear my eyes away from her, staring at that fucking beer bottle again just long enough to wipe the scowl off of my face. My own words were disgusting to me. But what the pack deserves is a leader that will try. A leader that will put aside whatever bullshit is weighing them down, and just deal with it. It's not fun, it's never going to be, but that's how it is. Acceptance is a cold, relentless bitch, Olympia. Paired with leadership only makes it worse. Expectations, obligation, duty, you're expected to deal with it all and you don't get a break either. I had a point, and I was getting to it.

But like I said, you were chosen by them. Which means you're the one out of everyone that is capable of dealing with it. It sucks, I'm not gonna pretend it doesn't, but it doesn't have to suck forever. You can't learn how to swim until you get in the water. It's fucking scary, but once you're in, once you figure out how to float, it gets easier. I leaned back again, took a drink, and plopped it right back on my knee. But if I can give you one tip... I'd start by telling you I'd probably work on my introductory speech if I were you. I laughed, Maybe just cut out the ''completely fucking useless'' part.

Back to top Go down

Arden Rowe | Wolf; Spiritual Leader

Posted on Thu Jun 15, 2017 3:16 pm

The combination of the vodka and lemon mixer burned in my throat. I became aware of how sweaty my hands were and yet I felt cold, aside from the heat of the alcohol rolling in my stomach. I couldn't shake the unsettled feeling that had come over me when Onyx gave me the box. The ancestors that I was supposedly connected to had never felt so distant. The concept of faith was so foreign to me that I wasn't even sure what it meant. Should I accept everything the ancestors did without a second thought? To say that that was hard for me to swallow was an understatement. Perhaps it was because I had a small problem with authority, but I couldn't just blindly accept something that a bunch of dead wolves handed down without consulting me or even dropping a heads up.

I could feel Onyx's anger, although it faded more and more with each sip. Even without the gift I could see it written on his face. I was forced to consider his feelings, perhaps for the first time - in the past I'd been aware of them (somewhat, since we rarely ever interacted in the absence of liquor) but it had been easy for me to ignore them. Now that my situation had changed, I could no longer ignore his anger. Incapable of dismissing it, I had come to understand it. By avoiding my responsibilities the person I wasn't just hurting the pack, but Onyx as well. In a sense I had abandoned him. Left him to take care of everything as if he didn't deal with the same doubts and problems that I did. I could no longer judge him because I had become him, but he could easily judge me because when placed in the same situation, I had run when he had stayed and tried his best and dealt with criticism from the likes of myself. Somehow he'd managed to avoid calling me out for this even though he must've been itching to. I was amazed at how well he'd controlled his anger - somehow things had changed from us screaming at each other like teenagers to me acting like a child and him acting like an adult.

I cracked a strained smile at his joke. You're right - I- I'll tell them. But... I still have some questions? I can hang out with the pack or whatever, but I'm not even sure what my duties are beyond just existing. Am I supposed to know how to deliver prophecy and all that shit? Like am I just gonna wake up one day and start dropping sweet rhymes about the future?

Back to top Go down

Vincent Sawyer Byrne | Wolf; Pack Master/Alpha

Posted on Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:21 am

There was so much more to being a Spiritual Leader than being a prophecy vending machine. She knew it, I knew it, all wolves knew it. But yeah, prophecy was one of her bigger duties as a leader. I could understand her discomfort, and I also couldn't understand her discomfort over it. It was hard to explain, especially to someone that hadn't even tried yet. But I was going to do the best I could. You know... When I was first made Pack Master I didn't really understand what it meant. I started, finally leaning back in my seat, trying to relax. I had no guidance, the only leader I knew how to emulate was Odin... And even then I didn't want to be him.

I didn't know the first thing about leading. I guess in a lot of ways I still don't. But I realized pretty early on that it's not always about learning? Sometimes... It's about instinct. You catch the scent of a vampire and your instinct is to put your guard up. Even lone wolves have an instinct that pulls them towards packs. Instinct is what we're made of and when we don't know what to do, we rely on it to lead us in the right direction... Maybe... Maybe that's exactly how it works. Maybe you do wake up one day and provide prophecy without a thought. I know that sounds stupid, and it probably doesn't help you feel any more prepared, but that doesn't mean it can't be true.

And in some ways you have an advantage, because you do know what's expected of you, at least a little bit. And none of us expect you to be a pro your very first time. I thought about my gift, and how I'd tried using it when I had no one else. Just myself and a mirror. Have you tried it on yourself? I asked, pausing for a moment before explaining myself a little better. I mean... Have you tried giving yourself prophecy. Or at the very least, have you tried connecting with the other side? You can always start with the flames, and the right herbs, they should be in the box I've given you. Just close your eyes and... Try to feel them. Try to connect with them. It's not all on you, half of the work comes from the other side, you share the effort with the ancestors, I know that much.

She had a lot of questions I didn't have answers for, and I was trying my best to give her the right answers. But I didn't believe anything I said would really make a difference unless she put herself out there and tried. I didn't mind helping her, I didn't have that luxury when I gained rank. But I also expected things from her, effort especially. I only hoped that the bullshit I'd fed her was true, that she was chosen for a reason...

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics