setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Private] Eat Me, Drink Me. - Page 2

[Private] Eat Me, Drink Me.

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: [Private] Eat Me, Drink Me.

Blake Vancel | Vampire; Young

Posted on Fri Jun 02, 2017 7:46 pm

Oh yes, I'm a bit more partial to portraiture, then again I am very much biased on that front. Landscape paintings to me at this point in my life are what photographs of rainbows are to professional photographers. Almost anyone can do it, and unless it was an insanely detailed subject, it felt easy. I loved painting portraits because of the intense challenge of capturing enough of a person's physically likeness along with the right amount of the individual personality to shine through. Physically beautiful people hated seeing their ugly personality reflected back at them, even though they knew it was there from the start. I often wondered what a different portraiture artist would paint myself as.

The conversation was cut short and I stayed quiet, nodding as Henry bowed then left. I waited until Daron finished speaking, pondering my words carefully after each sentence. I occasionally would shift my eyes between Oren, then to Daron, then to the table in front of me. Was he expecting me to murder the warlock? Would he discredit me if I said I didn't want to? I wondered if he knew that was there when Drew was 'attacked' and if that changed anything. I raised my eyebrows at Daron's challenge and looked back and forth between Oren and Daron one last time before speaking.

For most targets, I would not really need to know what the object does or what powers it possessed. I paused and adjusted my body to sit up a little straighter. I figured if Oren didn't know I was a thief, he sure as hell would now, might as well not fret over it, Of course there's always the good idea that if it does possess too much power, I am informed before I touch it and find myself possessed or cursed by something. Thankfully that hadn't happened yet, but I always liked to be on cautious side just in case,I find that when it comes to special magical items, it is best to find the purest form of the original lore and study it from that. When it came to research, it could be such a bore if the prize wasn't worth it. The prettier the penny and the more interesting the object I was retrieving, the better I was.

Are you looking for me to bring you information on the object before I obtain it first? This would definitely be a little outside of the box. My typical heists started with receiving the assignment, (whether it was a huge book of papers neatly presented in a manilla envelope or just a paragraph's worth of information), receiving the due date if there is one, my own research, then I'm in and out. I'm not quite sure where to start here, but I think my first step is researching not only the piece you are requesting, but also the warlock. It will take some time depending on how much I have to research on my own. I leaned back in my chair and crossed my arms, That being said, any information you're willing to share with me about either of them would speed up the process. If I remembered correctly from the party, he collected artifacts. I could always disguise myself as a potential buyer and learn almost everything I needed to know that way. He had only met me once, would he be able to see through my disguise?

As for actually stealing the object, I try to spend as little time as I can actually doing the theft. I relaxed one arm to my lap and put my hand up to my face, resting my fingertips on my cheek bones then looked directly at Daron, my tone on the more serious side, The less time I'm there the less likely I am to be seen or caught. I felt that was my biggest downfall at the party. Too many drinks and too many lost minutes. I try to avoid such confrontations. After all, you do not want to leave trails behind and murder leaves a bright red trail. The police won't concern themselves with theft too much, they give up after awhile, but murder ignites them and then it's a witch hunt.

Back to top Go down

Re: [Private] Eat Me, Drink Me.

Daron Wynyard | Vampire; Young

Posted on Sun Jun 11, 2017 4:53 am

“Research? You think I’m asking you to do research?” Didn’t even bother to the bite back the harsh laughter. Oh, the humanity. Her fucking humanity. To think a Vampires first thought when asked what they would do to obtain information would be to stick their head in books or sit their backside in front of a computer screen. “Kris and I have that covered if Daron would tell us what it is he is looking for.” Oren was right on some levels and not on so many others. Neither of them had been able to crack the Ogma Industries databases in order for me to work out what the company was a cover for. In my head it had to be. Vampires having businesses always pointed to an underlying reason for doing so. I just couldn’t imagine that Gayle just liked to shuffle into work and clock in for a hard days labor. The money, of course, was always a very important reason but there were so many ways to gather a fortune that didn’t involve actual employment even if she was the founder and CEO. “You’re not going to find a bloody web page dedicated to the item I need. It’s ancient.” Be careful who you give the name of the necklace to Daron my love. The few who know I seek it the better it is for you. Lilith didn’t need to tell me that. I’d was struggling to play my cards close to my chest. My Goddess didn’t even like the idea that I wasn’t going to be collecting in person. That I was sending someone in my stead. Even telling Blake exactly what it was she was stealing was more than enough to put her in a rage. Not that I’d found that was exceptionally difficult.

“I find it hard to believe a collector like Mr Greenmantle would have something in his possession that he doesn’t know anything about. So clearly the number one source of information is going to be the Warlock. I’ll tell you what I know and then you’ll get the rest directly from him.”
Once this ridiculous dinner party was over then I could get into the finer details. If Blake wanted Malakai handed to her I was more than willing. “He runs a business called Idiom, of which I’m a customer. I can get you an appointment, or more specifically my Manager can. After you’ve learned all you can about the item then you can compel him to forget you naturally. Or not, I actually don’t give a damn what you do. As long as you then return with the item” The whole spiel about what she normally did when taking a job was somewhat interesting but just made her seem terribly methodical. Nothing more depressing than a well thought out plan of attack. Girl needed to loosen up a little. In fact, she’d just given me an opportunity to throw a spanner in her works if that was exactly how she normally did things.

Henry reemerged from the dim lights of the house having actually found the glassware. Which made me grumble, removing my feet finally from the seat they had been resting upon. “Let's get this over and done with.” Growling under my breath I straightened my shirt and pretended like I gave any remote fucks about the goddamn dinner party. My newest progeny as I figured took note of me preparing myself and brightened considerably. Not that the man had at all really seemed to feel the gravity of my annoyance regardless. “One for the scrumptious Miss Blake.” Henry swept a flute in front of our guest, smiling broadly. “Mrs” I snarkily interjected and both Henry and Oren twisted their heads to stare at her. While both were dumbstruck with their surprise I leaned over and snatched the tray out of Henry’s hand. “Oren, Henry and fucking Daron.” Slamming each corresponding glass down on the table, having to lean over the naked meal course to spread them out, my fangs clicked down into position. I didn’t even wait to see if there had been a plan as to who was going to bleed our buffet dry, grasping the girls arm roughly and raising her wrist to my mouth. Suddenly a glass was shoved in my face.

“Ladies first.” Henry still peered down at Blake with a kaleidoscope of emotions running over his face but Oren had pushed her glass towards me. Lilith save me. Begrudgingly taking the cup I bit down into a vein, rotating the compelled woman's limb around to allow the blood to begin draining into the warm glass. All of this felt like a monumental waste of time. Not only was a single mortal not going to wet much of an appetite when shared between four Vampires, I couldn’t see the point in theatrically drinking the blood out of glasses. In fact, I wasn’t going to bother doing that myself. Once Blakes glass was partly full I jerked it back into Oren's waiting outstretched hand and promptly just rammed my fangs right back into the human's wrist.

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics