setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Private] Spike In My Veins

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Daron Wynyard | Vampire; Young

Posted on Sat May 06, 2017 11:27 pm

Thread Details
Back Road ⋅ Cloudy ⋅ Some Time after Midnight

Daron's Car Daron's Outfit

Talking while driving. Or more specifically arguing while driving was not one of my favorite activities. It meant that my music that would normally be vibrating the metal of the Lamborgini Aventador had been reduced to an underwhelming rumble in the background. Money was of no importance to me. I hadn’t sunk a ridiculous amount into my vehicle out of some desire to look like a top cat. It was fast and looked badass. That was about the depth of my thought process. Being rich just meant I didn’t have to count pennies when considering what I wanted to buy. Who I wanted to shower in attention. A means to an end nothing more. Which was why I drove like demons were hot in pursuit even though my car cost more than most houses in Index. “One last time Alyssa. Shut the fuck up! Drew is not like you. He isn’t going to cower in a bloody corner just because he thinks I’m out for his blood.” She had been harping on since we had left the doors of Poison. Since my progeny was still so young she still had an annoying lingering humanity. It was manifesting as pity. If that wasn’t bad enough on its own, it was pity for my guitarist who had tried to maim me. It’s silly. You two should just talk about it. Clear the air. Had to have the music down low because she spoke as quiet as a mouse. Squeaking. Drove me crazy. When on stage she was a bellowing banshee filled with pain and passion. Take away the microphone and that evaporated unless I was talking to a beautiful female Vampire.

“Drop it! It’s none of your concern anyway. He doesn’t need you to hold his hand. He’s been mine for longer than you have.”
Save me Lilith. This kind of crap was one of the many reasons why I couldn’t stand my own progeny. Couldn’t stomach those that clung to the person they used to be. Once she flipped that switch Alyssa would be more tolerable. Then I could concentrate on unravelling the strings of this sire bond. Was much stronger than any of the others I had experienced so far. She acted as if she was going to die it she didn’t see me. Pathetic, intensely so. She fucked me like I was the only male on the planet but that wasn’t enough to deal with the stalker tendencies. But Daron, sweety, he might decide not to turn up to the concert and then… As my foot slammed down further onto the accelerator she lurched forward in her seat, sliding on the black leather, letting out a squeal. Fangs punching into my bottom lip I gripped the steering wheel. Headlights dipped their high beams up ahead. The back road had been deserted for the most part but we had passed the odd vehicle. This particular one was going to wish that they’d taken a route through town.

Alyssa needed to be taught a lesson in minding her own business. My relationship with Drew was of no concern of hers. I’d had enough of the constant questions. It was time to remind them all that while I had been exhibiting a soft spot when in the presence of certain Vampires, I was not a push over. Especially when it came to my own progeny. When I asked for something, I expected them to do it. Swerving into the opposite lane at the last possible second I grinned wickedly seeing the driver of the opposing vehicle raising a forearm over his face as my headlights blinded him. I actually lifted myself up on the seat so I could avoid the steering wheel. I’d seen enough speeding warnings on cable to know what it could do to a ribcage. The Lamborgini crunched definitively into the station wagon but not before I’d heard the click of a seatbeat next to me. Neither of us had been wearing one. Alyssa had fastened hers the moment she had realized I was intending on purposefully causing a car accident. Wrong move little one.

Being thrown through my own windshield was not an experience I’d had so far. I’d at least had a split second revelation about my eyes, shielding them with my arm, which was promptly broken with the impact. Glass shards lodged into my forehead, cheeks and chin as I was launched out into the night. One of my knees catching awkwardly on the steering wheel, though I had been trying to avoid it doing any substantial damage. You’d think that my predicament was worse than my progenies, but I had been thrown clear of what had now become a death trap. The front of both vehicles folding into one another. Skidding over the roof of the Station Wagon I landed heavily on the road beyond the wreckage, rolling several times over the tarmac all the while laughing like a madman.

Back to top Go down

Ben

Re: [Private] Spike In My Veins

Benjamin Reese | Vampire; Infant

Posted on Sun May 07, 2017 9:59 pm

Outfit. Car.

Boredom. That’s the only way I could explain this fake relationship with the lovely Abby Lewis. A human, blonde, petite. She always wore too many rings on her fingers and bracelets that were attached to them with chains. She likely thought it made her look eclectic. She was gorgeous, but she looked like every try-hard bitch on instagram. How many times did I point blank stare at her and say, “You are not unique” and immediately compel her to forget. Not because I didn’t want to hurt her feelings, but because I had a longer plan, I suppose. The whole relationship consisted of me fucking with her. Making her notice I was in one room and then using my speed to just be present in another. Feeding her just enough blood daily to keep me on her mind. Compelling her to believe something and then being able to prove it wrong. Yes, I was fucking gaslighting her to the purest extent - the true meaning and not like a typical fuckboy defending his wayward cock. I was waiting to see how long it would take her to break.

The car was silent as I drove her home from a night out. Drinks at the pub, fucking behind the pub, and perhaps the final one mind game too many. Stop the car, Ben. My face twisted from annoyance at her command to a simple smirk. Abby? What’s wrong? My eyes darted to her and I saw the look of terror on her face. Oh. I wasn’t even trying. You’re going too fast and I hate the way you drive. You’re going to get us both killed. It was actually really difficult to drive at a normal speed, but something I couldn’t bring myself to waste time on practicing. So I reluctantly pulled the car over, wishing I’d dreamed up yet another game to play for this situation. Sadly, I just wasn’t in the mood. She unlocked her door, removed her seatbelt and stepped out of the car. I appeared instantly in front of her, another move of fuckery that was simple, that I did from time to time. She would jump, startled, ask me how I got there, and compulsion mode I’d lock her eyes and speak. ”Abby, don’t you remember, I almost tripped on that rock.” She wouldn’t forget me appearing, but would have the false memory of me tripping as well. A beautiful dichotomy, piled on top of hundreds of others that would hopefully split her mind in two. Fuck it, if she was stronger than I expected, I might consider letting her be my first progeny. But likely not. She could be annoying as hell. She didn’t start out that way, I’d done it to her, but the point still stood.

I… Oh, I guess I do. I’m sorry, Ben. You know how I am when I get tired. I shook my head, smiling. Sit in the car, I’ll be- and I was interrupted by the crash sound. It wasn’t anything like the foley bullshit you heard in movies. The shattering of the glass sounded more like a gunshot, the actual collision of the cars more like the world splitting in two. I heard the sound of a projectile coming toward me and I ducked just in time for it to pierce right through Abby’s chest. I went from slightly amused even if a little bored, to furiously annoyed in a matter of seconds. I whipped around to see the two cars now combined in some fucked up twisted sculpture. Speaking of dichotomies, wasn’t this one for the books? The nerdiest not even cool in a kitsch way Gwiswaldean station wagon now molded into one with the rich boy’s ultimate play toy. Something that dropped panties even faster than my Aston Martin. Too bad no one was likely to survive this one, because I really wanted someone to suffer for abruptly ending my “project”. The smell of blood had my fangs present and my mouth watered. Hadn’t I seen something else? A body perhaps? Rolling over the now destroyed wagon, laughing the entire time. Oh for fucks’ sake. Was it so terrible that I wanted what I’d become to stand out? That feeling when you liked a song and the next thing you knew it was played on the radio so much that you wanted to shoot yourself whenever you heard it. At least in this town, that’s how I felt about what I was. But that was okay, I’d soon be standing on top of that fucking mob.

I slowly walked around the mess now on the asphalt, not a smile on my face, my head shaking as I stepped up to the dark laughing figure. I kicked him in the stomach, but just enough to move him, not intending pain. Yet. I scratched my head.

Killed my date, friend. I shoved my thumbs in my pockets. I mean, not too worried. She was shit in bed, but she was kind of a project.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Mon May 08, 2017 3:38 am

Snow globe brain. Vampire constitution didn’t spare the scrambling as I rolled several times over the road. Wasn’t even completely aware of my own asylum laughter. Throw anybody through a windscreen, no matter the species and they weren’t going to come out completely coherent on the other side. Was just a fact. My eyes had closed once I’d hit the tarmac. Forced shut with the brunt of the impact. Even instincts were dulled directly afterwards resulting in me being totally unaware of a presence approaching and then looming over me until a boot knocked my side. I heard words though my brain couldn’t comprehend what exactly was being said. All that managed to strike through the haze was the fact I was laying on my back with a spectator taking in the free show. Without really thinking, unable to really do so, fight or flight kicked in. Fleeing was not in my repertoire so my auto programmed response was to leap with lightning speed from the ground. Grabbing the figure around the neck with the arm that wasn’t in a state of healing flux. Dashing the distance I had travelled from the Station Wagon slamming the arrival against the back of it. Pinning them between me and the hot metal. Fangs clicked into place and I immediately went to bite into the neck when a scream ripped through my eardrums, snapping my head back.

Daron! Get me out of here! What the hell is wrong with you?! Alyssa’s voice brought my senses back into alignment. I could hear the rasping breathing of someone still alive in the backseat of the other vehicle. The sobbing of yet another. Smell blood, gasoline and burnt rubber. Feel the heat generated by the cars that had for the most part become one singular entanglement. Blinking my eyes to focus them I could also feel the shards of glass embedded in my face begin popping out of my skin. Regeneration rejecting the unfamiliar debris while mending the damage. Once I could see the person I had crushed against the vibrating boot of the Station Wagon, I tilted my head, cracking a stiff bone. “Lucky me.” Croaking out a husky whisper, I had finally taken note of his pointed teeth. Releasing his neck though not moving completely away I cleared my throat and bellowed over at Alyssa. “You’re a fucking Vampire! Get yourself free. Break your own legs if you have to. I’m not coming to your rescue Princess this isn’t a fairy story!”

She continued to scream and moan like an animal caught in a trap and I sniggered turning my attentions back to the male Vampire. Hadn’t seen this one around. Lately Index had been swarming with our kind. Stragglers from my party that had decided to extend their stay after finding the small town to be rather intoxicating. Supremacy sycophants like Xavier. Nightfall was when this place really came alive. Licking my tongue over one of my fangs I was about to address him when Alyssa howled again. I can’t move! You can’t leave me here! Sighing with great annoyance I took a reluctant step backward. “Sure I can!” Lilith she was embarrassing.

Ignoring her completely I smirked as if I was meeting a new Vampire at the bar I had just come from instead of in the aftermath of a car accident. Casually snapping the bone in my damaged arm back into place to speed up the healing process. “Where were we? Right. What were you saying? I completely missed that.”

Back to top Go down

Ben

Benjamin Reese | Vampire; Infant

Posted on Tue May 09, 2017 10:33 am

I didn’t think twice about it. Any bedroom encounter I had began similar to this. Most of them were Noelle, however and he certainly wouldn’t be her - but violence now seemed to get my dick hard. A smile plastered as a window to my fangs and a low laugh spilled from my lips. I guess that means you don’t want dinner first. You seem a bit preoccupied. My eyes traveled down his figure. I didn’t know people still shopped at Hot Topic, I said. It was hard to tell if tears in his clothing were from the wreck or if it was the intentional look. God, I was willing to fuck anything but I didn’t mean for that to affect my personality. There was a burning sculpture of chaos on the road and here I was judging his clothes like a catty high school girl.

I like it, I said as he let go of my throat. I rubbed the skin, probably bruising from his grip then quickly healing. Potential. Don’t put up with any shit. She needs to be strong. Is she yours? That’s what Noelle had done for me, not that I was anything like the whiny twelve year old I was hearing. There was one living human in the car, I’d heard another heartbeat but it finally sped up, went into ventricular fib and was gone. I could almost taste the blood in the air around the scene. My hands scraped the back door of the wagon. Perhaps this wasn’t the place. Never wanted to seem desperate, since that was something I never was unless Noelle was involved, and there was no way around owning that one.

I was saying you killed my date. I glanced to the side of the road at the blonde with the metal piece of frame sticking up from her chest. It wouldn’t have been a big deal but you see I’ve been working on her for a few months. I stepped away from the wood paneled wagon and followed the noise of the whining. I knelt down to survey her through the small bits I could. Not bad, I said before standing up. By this point I’d realized who he was, piecing together the clothes, the expensive car and the cute little redhead in the car with him. Making my previous jab all the more delightful. What is it with this place? Even the famous ones seem to be glued to this shithole.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Sun May 14, 2017 4:19 am

“Poison isn’t really an Armani type joint now is it?” I’d been told many a time that I dressed like a walking Vampire cliché but it came with the territory. Not to mention it had been how I’d somewhat dressed before my rebirth. Give or take a few studs and safety pins. Over a century, Gothic and Visual Kei influences had infiltrated the punk. Producing a hybrid that I enjoyed so much that insulting it just made me grin. “Where’s the yacht? Room for one more?” Drinking in his frame as he had mine, I spent an inappropriate amount of time on his crotch. There was something about white that made me hungry. A shade that was just asking to be re-dyed crimson. “Nice pants.” The corner of my mouth crept upwards morphing my smile into a smirk. He definitely did not look like most of the male Vampires I’d encountered in this town. Something a little more smart and refined about this one.

My eyebrows shifted slightly skyward. My parenting techniques or lack thereof wasn’t something others normally commented on. I was sure behind closed doors comments were made but never to my face. Was literally the first time I’d ever heard another Vampire state that they reflected my stance on dealing with the clinginess of Progeny. He had my attention now. “Unfortunately yes. Number Thirty Four. Three months old and a pain in my ass.” Having so many progeny did not mean that I forgot anything about any of them. Even if I had spent so little time with most. I remembered every name. Each birthday and why it was I had chosen them in the first place. “You’d have to take my word for it but when she isn’t whining her singing voice pierces the soul.” There was Alyssa’s worth right there. She was pretty little thing but I’d never selected based on preserving beauty, that was just an added bonus.

“Well, I would apologise but..”
I grinned wickedly. Sorry not sorry? Couldn’t muster a single glimmer of care for his human date even if she had been a focus of his. I’d had the odd mortal snatched away from me before. Funnily enough one had actually been killed in a car accident. Small world. “I do hope she wasn’t an important project. Then again, there’s always something better just around the corner.” I paused. “Did you hear that Alyssa? I can always find another singer. One that can get out of a fucking car by herself!”

Had to laugh when he brought up the attraction of Index. Nice to know he recognised me. Soon I wanted it to be impossible for a single being to mistake me for an average figure amongst the crowd. Was terribly ego inflating to know I didn’t have to start with him. “Has its charms. Certainty the place to be right now if you wish to dine on Wolf.” Xavier had told me the rest of the surrounding countryside was almost completely void of their kind. The mutts travelling here in droves. Sounded like a great excuse for a dinner party. Would most definitely extend an invitation to….whoever this was. Who is that?! Why are you doing this?! Alyssa began whining once again and the smile on my face directed to my conversation partner faltered. Stepping up close to him I turned my head hoping my progeny was more focused on her predicament than using her supernatural hearing. “Since you appear to be complimentary of my child rearing you’ll have to forgive me….if you were a beautiful female Vampire she would have been out of there faster than you could give me your name.”

Bending down to the window Alyssa’s wide eyes greeted me. Daron… “Alyssa, honey, I’ll be back, just going to fuck this gentleman in his car and I’ll be back to get you when I’m finished.” Her mouth slowly crept open, her eyebrows dipping in confusion. You’re what? No, you’re just screwing with me. Get me out of here dammit! “You think?” A slow smirk dragged the corner of my lips out and it stuck as I righted my spine. “She’ll be out in…I give it…eight seconds. Give or take.” Slamming him up against the side of my vehicle again I made a point of letting out a deep groan.

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics