setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Closed] All I Ever Wanted Was Everything

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Daron Wynyard | Vampire; Young

Posted on Mon May 01, 2017 4:09 pm

Thread Details
The Van Garrett Mansion ⋅ Clear/Cold ⋅ Evening

Part 1 of 7

Humans swarmed the Van Garrett mansion. Worker ants who had been spending the better part of two days cleaning up after the multitude of Vampires and their Thrawls that had come to mingle in honor of an Ancient. Several rooms would need to be re-furbished. The basement hosed down with acid based chemicals to remove any traces of biological DNA. Many mortals had met their end within these walls. Filling the rooms with tortured spirits. Just the way I liked it. An anarchist I was but an idiot I was not. The mutts owned the Police Department here and I would receive no protection from the Supremacy. Dealing with investigators swarming my property managing to collect useable samples should be seen as an entrance into a new game. Given the players of my current endeavours it just looked like inviting annoying flies.  There was only one dog that I was remotely interested in dealing with and as far as I knew he didn’t come with a shiny badge attached.

I walked amongst the immigrant cleaners who were more than happy to take disgusting amounts of money for their families, in exchange for their silence and overtime. Henry had been a horrific racist as a mortal, and probably was still now but I was beginning to see the merits behind hiring those that experienced hardship so profound that they would do anything to drag themselves out of it. Building trust was an activity I had spent fifty years perfecting, not that I was anywhere near actual perfection. Humans were much easier than immortals to sway. Their desires so simple. Vampires however were of course an entirely different breed. Trust was no doubt, a concept that sat entrench in the vocabulary of Order. However I had begun to see it over the years as a starting point. Chaos was only chaos if there was a status quo to compare it to.

Daron! Having had my ears trained to Mr Wynyard, or my preferred title, Master Wynyard, I looked up briefly from the notepad in my hands to register the stern face of my Manager. Arms folded over her chest trying her best to look malevolent. Stern was actually Diana’s default expression. The woman had so many fillers in her face to appear in her mid to late twenties you’d think she was fucking a builder. Not giving her the attention she was clearly demanding my focus dropped to the page I’d been filling with lyrics. Sharply stepping around a short rotund woman with salt and pepper hair, who was scrubbing relentlessly at a blood stain on an expensive rug. Forgotten what to do when your phone rings? Continuing to ignore her I moved to lean against the frame of the open doors to one of the many balconies. I’d barely been able to drag myself away from writing since I’d regained enough energy to pick up a pen. When inspiration struck it would be foolish not to stand in the impact zone. “Phones have this splendid little feature called silent mode.” Mumbling almost to myself I felt her manicured hand dive into the back pocket of my black jeans to find the device in question. The enormous diamond ring on her pinky finger snaring on the denim.

You’re impossible sometimes. Without even watching I knew she had pulled up my audio settings to return them to normal. Even though I’m sure you don’t give a shit right now, you have fifteen missed phone calls, the majority of those being me. Remember me Daron? Your Manager? How could I forget? She was even more persistent than Veronica for what reasons I had yet to comprehend. Thinking about her motivations was not of relative importance right now. Her salary was paid regardless of how hard she worked presently but she possessed a deep seeded need to push Laudanum even further into the public eye. That very personality nuance was the reason why I allowed her to speak to me in a way that suggested she had more power than she really did. “And the others?” Absently enquiring I looked down into the hedge maze swearing I saw a raven perched on one of the visible statues. So I’m your secretary now too? Huffing and puffing like she was going to blow the mansion down I waited patiently as she scanned over my phone once more.

Alyssa, who, I might add, has been calling me insistently. I bet she had. The girl found it difficult to go a day without at least seeing me and I had barred her from stepping foot in the mansion. It had been two days. She was more than likely beside herself at this point. Xavier, whoever the hell that is. He was the only contact within the confines of the Supremacy that didn’t seek an audience with me due to the obvious. Probably just wanted to know that I hadn’t played with his little wolf toy. And an unknown number who has left you a voicemail. Getting no response just like the five I left. She was fuming. Carelessly holding out my hand I swore I could hear her teeth grating together as she handed me the phone, playing said message.

Good evening. We suspected that we may be unable to connect with you due to the reported festivities you thought were more important than redeeming yourself. The report of your interaction with the Alpha was unsatisfactory however we are pleasantly surprised that you can indeed follow direction. Followers at your gathering have also stated that you have not performed any of the music we have expressly forbidden. This is pleasing. In two months time if you continue to show obedience we will require your presence in our Seattle hearing. Until we contact you, you are required to continue aiding Ursula Darwin in any and all endeavours she deems necessary. Lilith be with you.

Obviously word of the Sherriff and his disappearance had not made it to the ears of the Supremacy. Three days hardly enough time to consider pasting his face on the side of milk cartons. I’d been toying with the idea of how to tackle that situation. What to do with the ammunition I had. Listening to the mindless zombie who spoke with hive mentality left a thick bitter taste in my mouth. All the degrading head patting making me sneer. There were no illusions that they hadn’t been told who the party had been for. That they didn’t know I had played music that while not on the explicit no no list, was still frowned upon. Until I made a glaringly obvious wrong move they would gloss over any signs of rebellion assuming they were just the casualties of dealing with a Vampire. We all worked on selfish premises even those under the umbrella of the Supremacy itself.

Putting the phone back into my pocket unable to remove my disgusted expression I finally turned towards Diana. “Fine, what do you want? I’m terribly busy.” Her eyes widen in fury, more than likely getting angrier at how calm and uncaring my whole stance was. It’s about to get even more hectic, have you got at least one room that isn’t currently being cleaned? She eyed the sole worker who had stopped manipulating the threads of the carpet, just staring at it like she could lazor vision the stain. “Follow me.”

Back to top Go down

Re: [Closed] All I Ever Wanted Was Everything

Posted on Wed May 03, 2017 2:31 pm

Part 2/7

My office had been left untouched. A room that had been locked, not that I had expected many to care about that very fact. Entering, I didn’t bother turning on the light, my eyes automatically adjusting to the gloom. Diana however, switched them on. Like most rooms in the mansion this one had wooden panelling on the walls. Labyrinthine moulding along the skirting and shiny polished floors. The color scheme a muted gold and gunmetal grey reflected in the armchairs situated around an ornate table displaying various expensive liquors. My stride took me straight to the collection of decanters, bottles and glasses to pour myself a drink. Diana took a seat on the edge of my desk, perching her cosmetically enhanced ass. She idly fingered her dress jacket. Dusting imaginary lint from the strangled cleavage on display. “I’ve come to expect many things from you Daron, but forgetting important performance dates is not one of them.” A glass paused on its way to my lips. Since the organisation of the party had taken up so much of my time I had indeed forgotten about any other future plans than had already been burned into my events calendar. Careful. I’m well aware of what month it is.” Exact details eluded me at the present moment. All thoughts still stuck on the endless fanged chorus line of women I had in range of my fingertips, though frustratingly just out of my reach.

“Good then. Your birthday concert this year has been announced for Seattle in two months time. I had to work some voodoo to bump off the artist who was meant to have the venue for the evening but they were very interested in being the place you release your new music at.” Unbeknownst to Diana I had been intending on making Gayles extravaganza the location for the reveal of Laudanum’s newest tracks. Noelle had undoubtly done my Manager a favour by rendering me unable to get to that goal. Would have to formulate an appropriate thank you, on her behalf. “I took the liberty of adding in a little competition for your fans. A gift of sorts for remaining Prey even though you had dropped off the radar…” She continued talking but my mind was elsewhere. Tipping back the glass of absinthe to drink its entire contents while considering time frames. Two months was hardly enough to write a new album. Not when there was so much to do. It was what I had been working on for the past two days. Not a compilation that would keep me in favour with the Supremacy however.

Knowing full well that Diana like most women despised not being the centre of attention, having others not listen when she spoke, I let my gaze rest on her. Still not hearing any of what she was saying. Everything about the human was fake. Manufactured. Her glossy black hair extensions that hid the fact her natural hair was cropped above her shoulders. The perfect blisteringly white teeth. Even the flawless gothic inspired makeup complete with impossibly long eyelashes. Diana had not interviewed with this taint to her pristine pastel illusion. It was something she had adopted once becoming the human face for an entirely Vampire band. I despised all of it. Luckily for Diana it seemed as if she was good at her job and considering her predecessor had gone 'missing', I had expected much worse.

“….ticket sales go live tomorrow night. I expect them to sell out before the morning. Do you require any back stage passes?” There were a good many Vampires I would have liked to extend VIP titles to. “No.” They were all distractions enough without having the presence of Gayle, Noelle or Blake at the show. Henry was going to learn the hard way that the only progeny that got behind the red rope during the concert that happened once a year were those that actually played instruments. Though this would also be the first time my new female singer would get the privilege. With some luck Alyssa would be more receptive to Blakes presence in the Van Garrett mansion if she knew she hadn’t been invited to my Birthday celebrations. Not that I really cared whether or not she learned to accept the fact. I just couldn’t be bothered dealing with women squabbling over petty things at the present time. Though a bitch fight between the two might be awfully entertaining to watch. “Though I would like to dedicate it to the Unholy Trinity.” Diana quirked an eyebrow but knew better than to ask. It’s not like the response would have made any sense to her anyway. The Queen, the Princess and the Goddess.  

Back to top Go down

Posted on Wed May 03, 2017 2:39 pm

Part 3/7

After finally tearing Diana from my hip, I strode with purpose down the corridor. Notebook still in hand, pen resting behind my ear. As I passed one door, it slowly opened and in a blink of an eyelid a small figure walked along beside me. “Daron.” “Oren.” His steps were blurred with the odd burst of speed to keep up with me. When he didn’t cease in his attempts to match my stride, the silence obviously not enough to indicate that I was not interested in company, I stopped. “To what do I owe this pleasure?” Oren preferred to keep to himself unless performing with Laudanum. Given his small size and quiet demeanour it was easy to forget he was in a room anyway. Always staring with large empty soulless pale green eyes. Of all my progeny he appeared to be the most harmless. Trapped in a childs body. Socially awkward. In actual fact I believed him to be the most dangerous. Not just to the populace but to his Maker. It was one of the few reasons why Oren was offered lodgings in the mansion, while the others were not.

“You have said nothing about what is to be done about the fact the Sherriff was murdered in our home.” Giving him no indication of really having listened to the statement, my small progeny continued. “Kris has also expressed to Sabine that you are displeased with Drew.” See now there was one of the indications that Oren was an axe murderer in baby lamb clothing. His silence wasn’t due to his inability to find conversation topics interesting enough to hold another Vampires attention. It was merely because when speaking, one couldn’t rightfully be hearing all that was being said. “Henry has also told me we can be expecting a guest, a Vampire, who is not Noelle, nor Gayle but not of our bloodline.” There was not enough hallway to address all of Oren’s concerns but after hearing them, I began walking again. “I didn’t speak to be ignored.” I chuckled darkly and shot him a sideways glance. “Until you can give me information on Ogma Industries you only have enough credits to warrant one of those statements getting a response. So would you like to know about the safety of our home? The cohesion of Laudanum? Or your adopted sister?”

Having spent more time with Oren than I had with any of my progenies I had somewhat of a clue as to how his mind worked. Avidly listening to every word others uttered gave fuel to the cogs turning in his head. He would pull apart what I had just said. Taking in the fact our new house guest was female and drawing conclusions from that. It was a fifty fifty gamble as to what would be more important of the other two. “Diana must have already spoken to you about the concert.” I nodded. Though the head bob could have been missed due to the steady pace I was maintaining. Assumptions had become a staple of my diet. Had to assume that Oren was more concerned with the stability of Laudanum than the sanctity of our home because he figured I would be taking action if I believed our lives were in danger. Being dusted in my sleep was not the way I wanted this to all end. Almost everything else in my life was regarded with a level of carelessness that didn’t extend to the security of my coffin.

“Whatever it is you’re intending to do, it can’t affect his ability to play.” Growling I knew that he was right. There was more than enough time for injuries to heal but I couldn’t dupe someone into executing my progeny. He still had one use. “Make sure Drew himself hears the rumours of how displeased I am.” The understatement of the century. He might have added spice to my present for my Queen but I had to take note of the obvious. I appreciated the presence of madness in the gesture. How his deceit had actually turned into a gift. Attempting to harm both myself and my Queen, more importantly Gayle, was not an act that I could leave forgotten. How to rightly respond needed some thought. Giving him a reason to keep one eye open was the only answer I had presently. Drew could simmer. Meanwhile I would consider options for replacements. “That’s it?” My boots fell heavily on the stone tiles leading to one of the double doors out into the courtyard. “Have no idea what you were expecting Oren but yes, that’s it. Drew’s shenanigans rank very low on the scale of importance right now.” Stepping outside the doors, I shoved a boot into his chest launching him backwards. “Now, get the fuck out my face. You have work to do.” Promptly closing both doors once he had fallen clear of them I turned and headed towards the hedge maze.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Sat May 06, 2017 10:55 pm

Part 4/7

Henry had said the hedge maze had existed before he had purchased the property. He avoided it like the plague now, even though it had been him who had erected all the statues of Gods, Goddesses, Demons and figures from historical and fantastical literature. There was not a single culture, time period or religion that wasn’t represented in some form. I’d seen the serpent form of Medusa. A hindu elephant. The jackle headed Anubis. Many others I couldn’t place. Most were actually female. When I’d been able to see and speak with Lilith directly within the labyrinth I had asked about its significance. Henry hadn’t really wanted to speak about it. I’d had to beat the information out of him. Apparently the place changed constantly. Whenever he entered Henry experienced his death over and over in a multitude of different ways. Though it hadn’t always had the effect. His fear of death had been why he had been so forthcoming about my need for his mansion and fortune in exchange for immortality. So perhaps the place fed from the mind.

Not having a clear destination, I idly strolled through the pathways. Some were edged with meticulously trimmed bushes, though Henry swore the gardeners refused to enter. Others had stone walls that separated me from the unknown beyond. Small courtyards dotted the labyrinth. A few I passed only spacious enough for a bench, a statue or a fountain. Others so large I became aware that while inside the maze it became bigger than it appeared from the upper windows of the Van Garrett Mansion itself. It was in one of these expansive breaks in monotony, while investigating a human sized chess board built into the ground that I saw out of the corner of my eye, a figure. The way she moved was unmistakeable. The rattle of bones from her dress undeniable. Grinning I briskly followed the swan figure of Gayle, twisting around the corner I had seen her turn, only to find an empty corridor. “Playing with me hmmm?” You like games don’t you Daron? Not Gayles voice but Noelles and in my head like she had reaplaced Lilith as my internal conversation partner. Though I had travelled down the path in the direction I thought my Queen had followed, turning back I saw her progeny instead. Standing defiantly, her hip tilted, a dangerous smirk on her lips. A thin black ribbon of cloth just barely covering what I hadn’t yet got to see in the flesh. The smile on my face that had gotten wider at seeing my scantily clad Princess was wiped when a blonde woman drifted in behind her. Not a person I wanted to see.

My Maker looked Noelle up and down with no readable expression. My Princess didn’t even register her presence. Her intense blue eyes only for me. Natasha didn’t even once look in my direction. Continuing to take in the younger vampire like she was a work of art. She was indeed a beauty to behold but I couldn’t help but feel anger at the fact even a manifestation of my Maker could ignore me so decisively. Noelle beckoned to me with a finger, licking her tongue over exposed fangs but Natasha grabbed her chin. The two locked eyes and I snarled, clenching my fists. So this place could be cruel. I had thought that extended only to my newest progeny. About to barrel down the corridor to rip the two of them apart and carry Noelle to the nearest alcove to tear at what clothes she had on, my trajectory was stopped by a firm hand place on my chest from behind.

I stopped. Actually couldn’t move at all. I could feel the tips of fangs being run down my neck. Someone’s chiseled body being pressed hard into mine. The hand on my chest grabbed a fistful of my shirt, severing the buttons. Raking determined fingernails down to the clasp of my belt. Hadn’t even realised my eyes had been closed, like I had been enjoying the development, when I opened them. No longer seeing my Maker and Noelle leaning into one another but Lilith. Odd place isn’t it? I spun around hoping to find whoever it was that had been behind me but they too had vanished. Very…..old. She grazed her hand along the branches of the hedge row almost lovingly. Come Daron. My Goddess glided into an opening I hadn’t seen before. Ravens followed in behind her detaching from the long train of her gown.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Sat May 06, 2017 11:04 pm

Part 5/7 Reference image of how Daron sees Lilith

Hatred, what fuels yours? “What do I hate? A lot of things my Goddess but I get the impression you want number one on the list.” I could have said sire bonds but they actually fit under a category that expanded over a great many things. “Fiction.” Her fingers stopped stroking my hair, taking a thick lock, manipulating the strands into a twist. A Vampire who doesn’t like when people lie? The mocking tone to her voice was evident but I didn’t bite to it. Lilith had me wrong. “Lies tell more truth than the actual truth does. Speaking truth is just stating facts. Now a lie tells you more about the person than I think they realize. How they choose to shroud themselves and their actions. What’s important enough that they would hide it.” Lies were a necessity to all creatures. It was even present in the animal kingdom. “They make things, interesting.” That is why you dislike Vampires remaining in the shadows. She mused tugging firmly on the piece of hair she had ensnared in her fingers. The status of our species wasn’t a lie it was a fucking pantomime. When I performed on stage it wasn’t an act of creating a falsehood to give to my Prey, it was a method of communication. Decorated, exaggerated but it wasn’t fake. There’s a fine line between what constitutes fiction and what is just a little lie Daron my love. “I like fine lines.” Pray tell, whats the difference between the two? Explaining myself to anyone had never crossed my mind. I didn’t want others to understand how I thought. Information like that could be used against you. Giving Lilith a key to one of many doors was a risk. One that shone like a beacon.

“Lies cannot be changed. Once they are uttered they exist and can’t be taken back. Momentary glitches that fade and are replaced with more of the same in time. They’re nothing but a lesson to be learned. A way to see what is real. Fiction is imaginary. Nonscence that becomes so engrained into our minds that even we start to believe that it’s true. It’s easy to reveal a lie for what it is. Harder to unravel and re-write fiction.” Your idea of fiction is a widely accepted lie then. Not wanting to anger her I didn’t reply to the statement. I’d become accustomed to others always needing to boil down ideals into ways they could file away into an appropriate box. Lilith made it sound so simple but in my world things weren’t so black and white, so clear cut, so obvious. “Like Sire bonds.” I rolled over in her lap so I could look up into her eyes. Bottomless pits of ebony black. “It feels real. That’s what’s so disgusting about fiction. It will give you everything you want and need. Yet all of it is an illusion.” She tilted her head. A sharp movement that brought forth a frenzy of ravens from behind her.

That’s not something I want to hear Daron. Her hand snapped down around my neck. She didn’t technically have fingernails. More like her fingers tapered off into points, tipped with black. Talons or claws but dainty like needles. You are of course bonded to me through blood, how is that any different? Letting my eyes roam about her face I pondered for a moment. That was a very good question. I didn’t believe that the connection I had to her was being used to sway my mind. She had offered me ascension to god status before I had drunk from the Alpha. This was a business transaction in a sense. The suggestions she offered in my head I didn’t feel compelled to follow. Lilith had however pressed that I should drink more from the white eyed mutt. Would that give her more of hold over me? “Is it not different?” Her grip tightened our gazes locked for well over a minute of silence. Shoving me off her she stood and took two graceful steps away from the stone bench we had been resting on.

The air about her body began to shimmer. Like a shroud was being lifted. As if I was being given a different set of eyes to look through. Connected to her body were tendrils of living energy. Some so fine that I could only see them if I wasn’t looking directly at them. One so obvious that I knew who it was attached to. That particular strand found grounding in her chest. My bonds. Lilith looked like a marionette doll though it was clear that the influence filtered in the opposite direction. Those on the other ends of every channel joined to her, not the other way around. My eyes narrowed on the line that travelled between she and I. Reaching up I tried to grasp hold of it, to rip it from me. They aren’t real. Just a way to show you. Her explanation accompanied my hand drifting right through the pulsing black string.Is it different?” Knowing demanding anything from my Goddess was dangerous I did so anyway. Rising from the cobblestones, my head slotting up between two strands, still eyeing mine with contempt. The Ravens frenzied. Expressing an anger that wasn’t present on the stony face of Lilith herself. Yes my love, it’s different.

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics