setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Private] Porch sitting sans porch - Page 2

[Private] Porch sitting sans porch

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: [Private] Porch sitting sans porch

Lucina Mangosteen | Witch; Elementalist

Posted on Wed May 24, 2017 6:02 pm

Oh my god! I said laughing. So many golden moments too, like the unicorn scene. I looked down at my bag of liquor, Oh you know, just opening my own speakeasy. I think I'll call it, Lucina's Drunk House! I stopped and thought about it harder, No! Lucky Lucina's! No, that's my gamer tag. Screw it, Lucina's Liquor Cabinet works. I was probably thinking about this too hard, especially since the joke was probably not funny anymore.

I placed my hands in my pocket thinking of the best way to break down my income, Well, YouTube and then I get some revenue from my merch occasionally. Oh then there's some revenue in doing reviews and such on products. I try to stay busy as possible and to always have some kind of content. I shrugged and continued, I have a business degree, but it just looks pretty on my wall. Just staying active in the online community helps too, though sometimes I forget what outside looks like. The last statement was almost too true. I'd moved here two years ago, but yet I barely knew anyone, and still didn't know what even half of Index looked like.

Really? See that doesn't even sound fun. Like I enjoyed being a purple goat girl, that was fun. I'd get on my mic and just play sound clips of goat noises into it.... I wasn't invited to many clans or raids. I said laughing. Kinda happy I jumped ship now, no way I'd be able to keep up. Just like you said, home girl's gotta be able to pay the bills.

I rocked back and forth on my heels while I waited for Michelle. I picked up the rest of the booze and started heading over to my place.
Okay well, that's cheating. I said in a sarcastic valley-ish voice, I could always get you so drunk that you wouldn't know how to Google. Considering how much liquor I had on my persons, I could probably put someone in a coma with this crazy amount.

As we approached my own dwelling, I pulled my ring of keys out of my purse then checked the mail box. I hope you don't mind the mess. I said as I unlocked the door and pushed it open. My place wasn't messy per se, just cluttered with knickknacks like Pop figures, posters, DVDs and books I was too lazy to put away, and other random geekery items. My favorite possession being the Skyrim Collectors Edtion Alduin Statue I had perched on the top of my book case, of course. The outside led directly into my living room, where I did most of my console gaming. I thanked God that I had cleaned up all the soda bottles and empty plates that used to litter the room before I left the house this morning. You can set your things wherever. Do you prefer any of your liquor cold? I was going to put some bottles in the freezer real quick. I took my purse and tossed it on an end table by the door then tossed off my shoes and started making my way to the kitchen. Oh! I guess I should tell you where everything is. Through that door way is the kitchen, next to it there is a small half bathroom; very useless. Zero out of ten, do not recommend. Then upstairs is my bedroom, a full bathroom and then a spare bedroom I turned into a studio. I pointed in the general direction of everything assuming that was good enough. When I reached the kitchen, I placed the bottle of Smirnoff and Malibu into the freezer. I pulled out orange juice, pineapple juice, grenadine, a bottle of light rum, a bottle of triple sec, and a bottle of dark rum and sprawled them all over the kitchen counter opposite of the fridge. Wanna try my not-so-famous Mai Tai?

Back to top Go down

Michelle Hawke | Human; Citizen

Posted on Wed May 24, 2017 11:15 pm

Shit, was I going to have to go back and play through that game again? A good game never got old, dude. Like a favorite movie you could watch ten times and still be entertained. Man, I hadn’t even been told how freakin awesome my neighbor would be when I bought this place. Come to think of it, my neighbors on either side. I was in fucking heaven. About half expected to have some bitch with the obligatory inverted bob who loved playing the sassy pants role, who’d forever bitch about my music. Although now I worried about it interfering with Lucina’s videos. I’d have to make sure it didn’t. If it was for someone cool, I’d make sacrifices. Then again, my room, anything that played music was on the opposite side of my condo. I’m sure we were good, right?

I don’t care about the name as long as it’s fully stocked, I nudged her with my elbow hoping her “bubble” wasn’t super thick. I wasn’t usually all up in peoples’ space, but a friendly poke wasn’t unheard of from me. Wait, you have a business degree? I took some classes, but never finished. I kinda…. Inherited a business. I didn’t wanna do, uh, unfun stuff. I didn’t wanna boring this shit up, but what a cool coincidence, dude. That’s awesome. Totally following you as soon as I get home. Shit I definitely understood what she was saying, I only saw the light of day because, well, I was afraid to drive anymore. Short distances were fine, usually, but once I got further out of town and more towards the river and the mountains, I found certain temptations becoming more than pervasive. Steering the wheel toward the river and slamming the gas, driving toward the mountainside - fuck my life if I wasn’t almost regretting buying a new car because if I wasn’t careful I was going to wreck the motherfucker - on purpose.

Dude, didn’t help that everyone in my guild started becoming complete assholes to anyone new. I loved certain aspects of WOW but the people who stuck with it always seemed to have this snob mentality, they constantly fought, it was almost worse than politics. I finally just realized it wasn’t fun.

This girl looked shy, but the way she was talking, and the fact that she was brave enough to talk on Youtube vids, told otherwise. But she wasn’t obnoxious about it, either, it was more like that feeling that you already knew her. MMM baby, that shouldn’t sound so… enticing. But I grinned cheesily so she knew I was joking. I wasn’t screwing this up by taking off my clothes. Yeah, that’s right, I was starting to learn. Not everyone was as chill about being “special friends” as Vincent and Caly were. Man, I’m going to see this tomorrow on Youtube and be like begging you to take it down. Don’t. Do. It.

I easily felt at home at her place once we got in. Kicked off my sandals, not only to be polite but also because barefoot was way more comfy than these things that had straps threatening to dig into my foot. I looked around admiring every poster, every knick-knack. Mess? Are you kidding me? Dude, at least hers wasn’t two day old pizza just chillin’ on the coffee table. I uh, lord if you think this is a mess, I might have to hire a maid before you come over to my place. It made me feel shit all the time, too, because it was a nice place and I kinda felt like I didn’t deserve it. For the fact that I couldn’t take care of it.

Homie, I can drink it hot, I can drink it cold. I can drink it new, I can drink it old. Was I already drunk? Spattering the cheesiest shit, wasn’t even funny. Usually, I just drink it straight from the bottle. Might be nice to change that up, maybe I’ll feel like less of an alcoholic. I placed the bag I’d carried on the counter and walked back to the living room, draping my hoodie over the back of the couch. Shit, now I was super curious about the bathroom. Was there like, a massive code brown in there? Was it cockroach city? Admittedly the bathroom in my old place was a mess. The fixtures were olive green which probably meant they were fifty years old. At least. I just tried not to think of how many other peoples’ shit particles were still like stuck to that toilet.

Um, shit, yeah, dude. I’ll be honest, not one hundred percent what a mai tai is. But sounds like good enough of a start as any. Yes, yes, start the drink, make sure I’m good and drunk before you turn that camera on. Fuck, I needed to wash my brain with soap because my mind kept hearing this shit as smut. If you get hungry, I’ll make up for the booze spread by ordering some delivery. You like chinese? I’m kinda pizza’d out. I wasn’t even drunk yet, and I was starting to get feels, not like, love feels. Feels like, this girl is too nice, to nice for someone who became such a shithead like me. She reminded me how down to earth I used to be.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Fri May 26, 2017 8:45 pm

Her cheesy smile caused one to sprawl across my lips after her comment, What can I say, I'm just a player. That was a horrible pun, oh god what was I doing. I just kept hoping the words coming out of mouth kept coming out non-offensive and not weird.

Oh trust me, you committed and verbally signed a fake contract that would not stand in court, so it will stay. I said with a small laugh, Don't worry, if there's anything incriminating I'll just edit it out, the next part I said under my breath slightly if I remember to that is. Like that one time I didn't realize the camera wasn't off and fell asleep on the couch in front of the TV while I played old Adventure Time episodes until a week after the fact. There was a good hour of me sleeping on that video too. Whoops.

Oh don't feel that way! I had to clean up since I was kind of expecting company anyway. I was going to be so upset if all the cleaning I did was for nothing, but thankfully getting off my lazy butt paid off.

See, they say you're an alcoholic if you drink alone, but technically you're never alone because the glass is always there for you. I said joking, I wasn't an alcoholic by any means, at least I didn't think of myself as one. Drinking weekly or bi weekly or however often I felt just made me more of an experienced drinker, right? It wasn't like I was waking up every morning and drinking more to make the hangover disappear or hiding alcohol at parties to make sure I would get some.

Awesome! It's like a tropical beach explosion in your mouth. I grabbed two hurricane glasses from the cupboard above the sink,
and started pouring the different juices and liquor into the glasses, eyeing the 'correct' portions, I really like these because, one they taste bomb, two they're pretty, and three they creep up on you in such a good way. Kind of like, 'yep everything is fine and grand let me get up, nope I can't I'm drunk, but everything is still awesome.' kind of way if that makes sense. It's almost effortless.

I LOVE Chinese food. You have yourself a deal. I tossed in a straw and ac cherry and from a jar in my fridge for that extra fancy flair and handed Michelle one of the glasses while sipping out of my own. One hand crafted, fancy pants Mai Tai. Let me know what you think. Sometimes I believe I was a bartender in my last life, but then reality hits and I remember I can't make a Tom Collins to save my life.

So you said you owned a business, inherited still counts of course, is it close in town, what kind of business is it? Usually when I tell people I have a business degree, they look at me like I'm such a fool and act like my own self and my internet presence wasn't like a business already Oh, see I thought of dropping out a few times, but some douchenozzle told me I couldn't do it, so I had to do it of course. After I walked across that stage I sent him a text with a picture of my degree and my middle finger. The salt was too real. I said with a laugh. When I signed up for business school I had no idea what I was doing. I had a full ride scholarship so I felt like I had to do something to make it worth their money. Plus there was just so much pressure from my parents and my teachers, I kind of caved and picked the one that looked most important. I was honestly happy that I was even accepted to a school so close to my parents.

Back to top Go down

Michelle Hawke | Human; Citizen

Posted on Mon May 29, 2017 9:43 pm

My crooked smile didn’t fade, in fact widened after a moment. Yeah, exactly as I said, like I already knew her. Who am I kidding? I’ll end up showing my all my friends. I leaned against the countertop and let my elbows rest on the surface, trying to make sure I was at an out of the way spot, watching the “bartender” at work. Sometimes the shitty thing is you’re cleaning for company you know will leave the place worse than you found it. It wasn’t often, but it did happen. Just not as much lately. Now I only had myself to blame for the old pizza boxes and half finished glasses everywhere. God, that’s the actual perfect loophole. See, my neighbor on the other side - we’re always playing Halo and shit together. So, even though he’s not in the house, I don’t particularly consider it alone. Oh fuck. Was he one of those friends I was going to show this to? He’d seen a fucking dirty video of me but now I was even fucking blushing at the thought of showing me doing drunk gaming with the neighbor on youtube. Whatever, I was still doing this.

I think that’s the only kind of explosion I’m gonna allow in my- Oh god. I hope you don’t mind perversion because I think I’m always gonna go there apparently. Of course, the perverted nature of what I was saying didn’t really hit me until I was finishing the sentence. Moving on from that blunder, that’s the best kind. When you don’t know it until you stand up then you’re just like, hey it’s dizzy in here. I took the drink, immediately taking a taste, and with my old habits I could barely taste the alcohol but the drink was awesome. I slurped up like, a fourth of it before sitting it down and googling Chinese near me. I think Number One Kitchen has the absolute best crab rangoon.

Why was I a little excited to talk about the music store? I mean shit I hadn’t exactly earned it but I felt like I did good with it. You might have seen it, I don’t know. The Mad Platter. It’s a music store. While I talked I pulled up the menu, trying to decide if I was in the mood for General Tsos or something hotter. Either way, crab rangoon was a must. Oh em gee, tell me that shitcake isn’t in your life anymore. Ex? Do you mind me asking? It kinda soaked in that whether she knew it or not I bet that business degree was helping her, I mean, if you were making money from it then couldn’t it be considered a business? Providing a service - entertainment. I mean, not to be weird, but you got someone in ya life? Don’t mind me, by the way, I’m nosy as fuck. I decided on the pepper steak and passed on my phone with the menu pulled up. Splurge if you want, it’s on me.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Tue Jun 06, 2017 8:02 pm

That's the spirit! I matched her smile, If they judge you at all just rub it in their faces they would never get as many likes as you will. I said the last part with a tone of fake sass in my voice waving my index finger like I was all knowing or something Oh my GAWD. I know what you mean about that. Once I had one of those "Hey let's pretend it's like the 90s and let's do a LAN party" parties and I invited a few people I knew and they invited a few and it turned out to be a HUGE MESS OF PEOPLE.My voice got a little louder at the last bit and I waved both my hands up shaking them for extra emphasis on big. Anyway, my dorm was trashed, my roommate at the time was also pretty upsetti, and all my food was gone.

I couldn't help but laugh at the explosion joke. No please! Don't worry about it. I've been stuck on the loophole of "That's what she said" jokes for years now. I need new material. I watched her facial reaction as she took the first drink closely waiting. Once I realized she was pleased I did a little internal cheer and dance. Hashtag nailed it. Oh I haven't been there in forever, sounds good to me. As basic-white-girtl as it sounds, I also think their General Tso's chicken is pretty good too. I put the assortment of juices back into the fridge and closed the door with my foot.

Oh I've seen that place! I think I've been inside maybe once or twice. I never really bought albums unless it was a band I was obsessed with. You bet your ass I was there that day when the album Blurryface by Twenty One Pilots was released. I probably listened to that album for 3 months straight too, kept the CD in my car stereo so I could belt it out while driving around, even had it ripped to my PC so I could listen to it while editing videos and Minecrafting and holding dance parties for one. That one being me of course. Shame I didn't do dance clubs, I knew every move to Oppa Gangnam Style, thanks a lot anime cons, and I enjoyed dancing to some Marina and the Diamonds, though I am as good of a dancer as I am a singer and that level is straight up zero if not in the negatives.

Oh god no and thank the lord. I moved my hands in shape of a cross across my chest imitating preachers on television. I didn't think about it before I did it, I kind of hoped she wasn't religious and I didn't just make of religion in front of a religious person.It did take me awhile to realize how poisonous of a person he was. Towards the end it was just me being dumb and blind to the obvious signs. I leaned over her phone, scrolling through the menu, biting the side of my cheek a little, Oh don't worry about it. I'm the same way myself. Nah, I've been on that single life train for a bit now. I tried that whole Tinder thing, but that was just a mistake from the start. I took a sip of my drink still pondering on food, I'm thinking about ginger beef and some fried rice. I slid her phone back to her, then rolled my shoulders forward as I looked back up at her. How about yourself? Not the food, but the person in your life thing.

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics