setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Private] Porch sitting sans porch

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Michelle Hawke | Human; Citizen

Posted on Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:19 pm

Thread Details
Just outside Michelle & Caly's condo ⋅ Warm, ground somewhat damp from an earlier rain ⋅ Sunset

Outfit. Makeup plus a simple lip gloss. Hair. The sunglasses are just on her head, not over her eyes.

No Lilah. No Vincent. No Kai. It was intentional; I wanted to be alone with myself. I'd left Paul to man the shop for the evening and I immediately went home. A quick roast beef sandwich with provolone - it really wasn't anything to write home about but it was holding me over. I scarfed it down, still standing in the kitchen where I made it, grabbed a glass from the shelf and poured some soda and Southern Comfort. I was trying to mix it up, and for once I wasn't trying to be hammered, just relaxed. I wouldn't say I felt down, sad, depressed. I mean, shit, maybe for me that's what you'd consider this. No, I just wanted my own form of meditation. My urges were increasing and yet I felt strange protective walls all around me. Lilah wasn't answering my calls. Vincent was busy, not that I wanted to "use" him for that purpose. Fate apparently was very indecisive - was I meant to be around or not?

I noticed the sun almost glowing through the dining room window and I smiled a little. Fuck, I was going to watch the damn sunset and get some vitamin D. I carried the glass with me, also pulling my phone from the dining room table and my shades (just in case) from the coffee table. I didn't bother locking the door behind me, I just took a few steps down and sat, using the glasses as a headband to pull the hair from my face. I scrolled through my contacts, looking the list over and over before finally deciding to put the phone down by my side and look in front of me at the sky. It was fucking brilliant, like a backlit rainbow of cotton candy. It wasn't hot outside, but the air still felt awkwardly thick as it did sometimes after rain. The sky was bright, but everything else was deepened by the dampness. Just slightly off, and in the most beautiful way.

Back to top Go down

Re: [Private] Porch sitting sans porch

Lucina Mangosteen | Witch; Elementalist

Posted on Tue May 02, 2017 7:28 pm

What do you mean you can't do tonight's stream? I contacted you about this last week and I already advertised you were going to be there. I knew this was going to happen. I was already parking my car when I saw my phone light up. Besides, I already bought more liquor than I would ever need on my own. She made up some garbage excuse and I tossed the phone into my purse when she hung up. I knew this was going to happen eventually. Her YouTube channel gained in popularity recently, but her videos were starting to lack. Her arguing with me last week over who's channel this video was going to go up under also didn't help. I had started "Tipsy Thursdays" months ago when I decided drunk Pokemon would be fun.

I groaned and ran my fingers through my hair. I still had to do the video, regardless of another person or not, but it's not as fun to be the only drunk one. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. I pulled out my phone to see if I could any other acquaintances, but most of them lived too far out to do anything last minute. I let out a big sigh and looked at the big bottles of liquor I just bought. Well, at least you guys are here for me.

I stepped out of my car, went to the back seat to get the liquor, then locked the door. I looked up at the sky, shielding the light with my free hand, taking in the vibrant oranges, pinks, and purples. I looked back down careful to not run into my neighbor's new shiny, black car. I looked up towards her building seeing a black haired figure sitting down on the concrete steps. Why didn't I think of this sooner?! I thought to myself as I began walking up to her.

Hey! I practically yelled once I began to reach a decent distance for her to hopefully notice me. Do you like drinking and playing video games? I paused realizing I must sound like a creeper with free candy written on his van.

As I approached her, I was able to make out more of her features. The bright pinks and purples from the sky were reflecting in her eyes, bringing out several different colors while the sunlight was hitting the sunglasses on her head. She was genuinely pretty and I was slightly jealous of how well she rocked her outfit I instantly felt awkward and tried to recover smoothly, I mean, uh would you like to drink and play video games? Not better at all.

Okay, let me explain. I stammered out now talking faster, I do a live stream just about every other Thursday called "Tipsy Thursday" and this one girl who "promised" she could come bailed. I was wondering if you'd be interested in joining in and getting drunk and play video games. I know you barely know me outside of a "hey" greeting on the street, but it could be any game you want. We could play Animal Crossing for all I care.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Wed May 03, 2017 3:34 am

I heard the car pull up to the curb, not expecting to be required of much more than a pleasant smile and a timid wave. I was sure if I thought about it, I could figure out a pattern that separated the times when I was shy to the times well, where I just stuck a foot in my mouth and acted like a complete doofus. I had a feeling this was going to be one of those shy times. Surely it had something to do with the mood and the fact that I was feeling like the biggest most deranged freak ever. Try to kill me, please, but, no wait, don’t succeed. Come just shy of it. I was fated to some fucked up death like David Carradine. I suppose there was worse, and shit, that would be at least one way I wouldn’t drag anyone else down with me.

Oh, shit, she was walking up to me. At least, well I mean I’d never paid much attention to my neighbor. She looked, I mean she actually looked cool to me. In the strangest way I envied her. Shit she was me before I felt so much goddamn pressure about how I looked. Before the time when I felt terrified of walking out of my front door without makeup. Could I drink enough booze to muster that feeling again? Was it something that happened as you got older? But then, shit, the next words to come out of her mouth had me actually speechless. Like, I almost couldn’t have been happier if she’d told me I’d won the fucking lottery. My eyes simply widened and I felt like I was a human personification of that gif of Chris Pratt from Parks and Rec. You know exactly which gif I’m talking about.

This girl was after my soul, and I mean in a good way. Rambling on probably thinking I was weirded out but I was just too… amused at the situation to even speak. Amused at myself, and the fact that this was the exact kind of shit I needed to get out of my funk.

Do you understand that you just offered me my two favorite things in life? I mean, well depending on my mood apart from sex. But seriously, yes yes and... I paused. There had been a catch. I knew it. Livestream? Fuuuuuck. Wait. No, it would be okay. I immediately had a plan. Actually, just one stipulation. The liquid courage comes before the camera. That’s what she said. Fuck my life that joke was so old and done but I still couldn’t help myself at least in my head. I stood up, adjusting my shirt and now strangely wishing I’d worn a more modest shirt. Caly had given me some kind of strange confidence. I think… I’ll change shirts too. And um.. I think maybe do you have anything more violent than Animal Crossing? I mean, I can get into Call of Duty pretty hardcore but I’m not sure if that’s what you’re going for. I also have some Wow toons that I’ve neglected.

Back to top Go down

Lucina Mangosteen | Witch; Elementalist

Posted on Tue May 09, 2017 9:55 pm

Pf, yeah sex is great and all, but have you seen the romance bits of Cullen in Dragon Age Inquisition? Hell, even looked at Nathan Drake? I'll take them any day. I said hand on chest while batting my eyelashes dramatically. That was probably weird to say, but hey, every girl has their dream fiction men, who was I to deny mine?

I instantly felt like a giddy school girl with this working out the way it was. My face was probably just full of straight cheese. Oh of course! Drinks are 100% necessary! Plus if you get too drunk it's not as far of a walk or even if it is, I have a spare room and live alone. I said as I shrugged my shoulders up. I looked down to the heavy bag of liquor I was still carrying, I have a bit of a selection too. I was going to make some Mai Tai's and then go from there. What's your poison? I have some Jack, Bacardi, Malibu, Smirnoff, random bottle that looked pretty cool-but-I-don't-know-what-it-is-and-probably-tastes-bad, you know, the classics.

I looked down at her tiny top and smiled big, I meaaaann, I would get some pretty decent views with you in that top. I said jokingly I'm just kidding. Please wear whatever you want. We're going to be drunk, might as well be comfy drunk. Did you want me to wait here while you changed, or did you want to just meet me at my place?

Oh crap, how long ago was it that I played WoW? Would my character even still be alive? What am I thinking, it's not a Tamagotchi or a forever starving Neopet. I like what you're thinking! Though personally I'm not in the mood to hear 12 year olds telling me how much they banged my mom tonight. I switched hands holding the liquor bag, then gave up and placed it on the ground near my feet gently. I used to go ham on WoW. Not many people I know play anymore, so I kinda fell out of it. It was for the best though, WoW took up so much time and it gave me a direction to go with my gaming obsession that was almost healthier.

Pondering aloud, I placed my index finger on my cheek, the rest of my fingers under my chin, Well, I have a decent amount of options. If you just want to look through my collection and picked something. Off the top of my head there's Until Dawn, I Am Bread, uhm, I just downloaded the original PaRappa the Rapper for the PS4, Octodad, MarioKart if you're feeling sassy.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Fri May 12, 2017 4:47 am

Oh, you don’t even know. I haven’t played those, but listen, I don’t remember getting this animated when walking to someone, this excited. The Witcher Three, I mean more like The Witcher Three X. But the poor thing! Were video games the source of her best sexual encounters? And as open as I usually was, my sex life had become an actual clusterfuck. I was counting my lucky stars that so far no one seemed to be expecting monogamy. It still didn’t mean I needed to keep fillin’ up the cart especially when I wasn’t planning on checking out.

Girl, you’re about to need a liquor license if you’re not careful. I was shaking my head, but cheese grinning all the way. I usually head straight to Jack but with such a wide selection I might be tempted to sway for a night. Vodka was never my thing. It was the epitome of don’t even feel one bit drunk until you stand up drunk. Or sometimes, I never felt drunk at all with vodka until I had one drink of something else and it was straight to ground zero. Like it needed a spark to get the fire started.
I turned around, looking up at my place as if it was going to tell me, come inside, homie, put on that tee. I’m good, but I’m a cold motherfucker sometimes so I’ll grab a hoodie or something before I go just in case. It probably wouldn’t last long, Jack was liquid warmth, which had me embarrassed again for an entirely different reason. Would she shit if I drank it like water? Especially if I wasn’t paying? She was talking about being on youtube. Shit, was she making enough from that to pay for all this booze? Maybe I was in the wrong business.
Are you one of those people that really does make money from youtube? I mean if so like teach me your ways.

You wanna know why I stopped playing wow? I leaned up against the wall, arms crossed and feeling the texture tickle my shoulder. They added so much busywork, responsibility. It’s not just dailies anymore, it’s fucken - I paused, not even remembering what they were called, Garrison quests, shit like that. I mean fuck, gotta adult sometime, right?

This girl really was who I wish I’d kept myself before I was wrapped up in complicated shit, spending hours on my appearance to please people who didn’t even understand what a cut crease even was. I could say it was for me, but fuck if I wasn’t inspired now to sleep in that extra hour and say fuck the makeup.

You know what? Let’s wing it. Lemme grab a jacket and I’ll help you carry the stash. I’ll just be a second. I popped back inside, and thankfully there was an olive green hoodie hanging from my computer chair. I snatched it, found my house key and locked the door behind me once I’d stepped out again, throwing my keys in my hoodie pocket. I took my half of the booze and was ready to follow. Just so you know when I start a new game I’m always a complete moron about it. I end up cheating and googling like everything.

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics