setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Private] There's Always Room on the Broom - Page 2

[Private] There's Always Room on the Broom

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: [Private] There's Always Room on the Broom

Lucina Mangosteen | Witch; Elementalist

Posted on Fri May 26, 2017 7:26 pm

Oh wow! Those have been insanely difficult for me so paint me impressed! Impressed, but sort of jealous to more honest, My secondary is air, it's.... something. I said with a laugh. I couldn't tell if the idea of that I will be showing off my "sick magic moves" off or if talking to Kai was making my anxiety to start to creep up on me, either way, I planned to fight through it.

See! That's the spirit! I couldn't help but notice his huge, perfect smile. How is it legal for a person to be blessed with this much aesthetic perfection? The guy looked like he belonged in a romance comic or super hero movie. None the less, it made me more confident knowing he wasn't too overrun with fear or anxiety.

I stared at him with a blank face as soon as he said what his cool spell was. I'm not even going to pretend that I know what that is. Sounds interesting though, how did you manage to come across it? I asked. Was it witch and warlock orthodox to ask things like that? Is there a guide of how I am supposed to act around other witches and warlocks? I always came up with my own spell names, but listening to him made me believe I was probably going about this magic and spells thing the wrong way.

Ooooo a girl. I bounced my eyebrows up and down comically then continued in a less obnoxious tone, She has to be pretty amazing if you're willing to go through all of this just for her. I was a little jealous. Not the whole he had a girlfriend or a girl interest or whatever thing, but more that he was willing to train his magic to be the best it can be and go out of his way to better himself for someone. I kind of wished I had all of that. Someone to bring out such strong emotions in myself in such a strong, good way and someone who would drive me even more to get better. I could only hope that was in my future. Wow. That sounds beautiful. Other than possibly turning her into crispy toast of course. Though seriously, that's amazing. For someone to make you feel like that is just beyond words. I know you're not asking advice, but man, keep a hold of that.

Emotional magic? Check for guilty party of me. I kind of understand, there's been a time or two for me. I paused thinking how to word my own experience without being spilling my whole life story, To keep it short, when I broke up with my ex, for his uhm.... how do I put this, infidelity, the couple was lucky they didn't drown in his apartment, let alone shower. I don't really regret flooding his apartment, he deserved it, couldn't prove it was me, and it wasn't my fault he didn't have renters insurance the stupid prick.

Oh please, don't sweat it, talking has definitely calmed my nerves a bit too. I started stretching my arms and looked around the room, since I really didn't know what else to do. Plus you're one of the very, very few people I know that is a legit magic user. One of the whole whopping three other people.

Back to top Go down

Malakai Greenmantle III | Warlock; Elementalist

Posted on Mon Jun 05, 2017 4:13 am

Lucina was just the type of person I needed to spend time with. Maybe Edith had intrinsically known that I was falling further and further into a mindset that I normally didn’t have. Self-doubt. Confidence was just one of those traits that could be taken, either way, depending on who was on the receiving end. I’d been told I was arrogant before and it didn’t really bother me. What was worse was feeling insecure. Emotions like that didn’t correspond well with doing business, nor tackling the mountain of work I had to slave through at the Museum. It also certainly didn’t help with dealing with the Shade that hung around me nor the intense connection I felt to Michelle. I wanted and needed to be sure of myself. It was the only true path forward. Wouldn’t say I’d lost all sense of myself but I dreaded the thought of hitting that point and not knowing what to attribute it to. “My sister is a primary air. She has gone out of her way to prove to the world that it’s not the boring element.” I chuckled at the recollection of how passionate she was about showing that while Air was less tangible than any of the other elemental magicks, that it wasn’t just about making gusts of wind to blow people's hats off their heads. “Water and air then. Ice. We’re literally on the axis of one another then since Earth and Fire make me, Magma.” Most would probably see that as being the complete opposite of one another. I preferred to view it as a balance.

“My family Grimoire had some footnotes so I followed the paper trails to a coven from Egypt. Being a Greenmantle certainly, has benefits when trying to locate obscure spells.” Edith hadn’t introduced either of us with surnames attached. I couldn’t connect Lucina to a family based coven without it but I name dropped my own, which I often did. No shame in being proud of a wealthy and important family tree. Even if Dom’s voice in the back of my head tried to remind me that nobody liked a snob. “Almost want it to be a surprise. The spell itself I mean but maybe that’s not appropriate for this situation.” Laughing I gestured to the room and then to the seal painted on my chest. Mystery was something I wholeheartedly enjoyed but not everyone was a person who relished having friends leap out at them from the dark when they come home from work on their birthday. Safety was clearly of the utmost importance this evening so it was better Lucina know. “It’s, well it’s just a showy distress beacon really. Like a flare, made of actual fire, but in the shape of a Phoenix.” I’d never cast the spell before so I didn’t really know what to expect. Hopefully, that explanation was enough for her to have some kind of understanding.

“She is.” Lucina’s reaction made me run both my hands through my hair, grinning the whole time. Michelle made me act like a bloody schoolboy. Awkwardly loosening his tie when the girl of his dreams walked down the hall in front of him. It was an exhilarating feeling but also one that brought about a lingering nervousness because it was so sudden and so absolute. Just like a love potion brewed by the most skillful alchemist. “It’s not, well it shouldn’t be just for her.” Had to make that distinction. Earth was hardly an offensive magical foundation and I had primarily focused on its defensive capabilities. Brushing up on Fire based spells would be useful when approaching the weird white tree again. “I’ll admit she’s the driving force but I do need to work on battle magick.” I nodded, for the first time the smile on my face faltering for a moment. Didn’t think I could loose this feeling even if I tried. Not that I wanted to. The concept that even if I did I wouldn’t be able t shake the intense attraction was a little disconcerting. Only if I thought about it though.

“Sorry to hear that Lucina. Though it probably doesn’t mean much since I just met you. Was definitely his loss. He deserved a crash course in deep sea diving.” Fire could be triggered in so many ways. Anger was definitely one of those. I’d never gotten to the point that I was furious enough to bring it out. Water was a tricky one. Colloquialisms based on emotions coming on in waves weren’t completely without context in my experience. While intense sadness was my first thought as to the trigger for her little homemade aquarium project, I wasn’t going to assume or ask when we had just met. “My experience has been more…pleasant? I don’t think many people would say mindblowing lust was a negative thing.” Just had to chuckle at actually saying it out loud. Dom and Will had tried to understand my preoccupation with a girl I hadn’t even had sex with. I’d tried to pretend that it wasn’t that big of a deal. Until they made note of how many times they found my phone stuck on her Facebook page.

Had to cock an eyebrow at Lucina’s extremely small collection of Magick based connections. Even though both Shane and Daphne had shown that they didn’t have the background I did, I was still floored by hearing another caster's lack of a support network. “Only three? I’m taking that as a sign that you’re not part of a coven then?” Or was she just insinuating that she knew only three others outside of her family ties? “You’re the first elemental witch I’ve met in Index so if you’re bored at any point. The other two casters you know of busy then you can give me a bell.” I immediately went to get my phone out of my back pocket, coming up empty handed as I’d forgotten that Edith had taken it. “Feel naked without my phone.”

Back to top Go down

Posted on Sat Jun 10, 2017 8:37 am

Nice! Would she be interested in taking up an newbie apprentice? I said jokingly, She must be a force to be reckoned with. Unfortunately, blowing hats off of people's heads was about as much as I could handle with my secondary element. It was disheartening to say the least. Oh cool, so together make like a complete circle. I drew a little circle in the air with my index finger. Looks like we have every element base covered. Of course I'm over here being Elsa from Frozen or Gray Fullbuster from Fairy Tail; whichever one is cooler.

Oh wow! Egypt!? I felt I had barely seen most of the United States, let alone really left the country. When I moved from New Hampshire after college to here, I took the easy route and just took a plane. Even when it came anime and comic cons, I primarily went to ones that were pretty close or I flew there. Spending days driving somewhere was not my forte at all. I think I'd been to Canada once when it came to actually leaving the country. Though that was back when you didn't need a passport to get into Canada.

I could feel my eyes get wide and my mouth made one of those little 'o' shapes with excitement as he described the spell, That sounds beautiful. Now I almost don't want to extinguish it. I paused lightly pouting, I mean, I will, but man, that's something from an epic video game. Final boss scene and then the main character seems defeated, but then as the enemy approaches the assumed dead body, a giant fire flame shoots up in a shape of a phoenix and the main hero is back up and ready to fight again. In  my head the scene would have been used fighting a large dragon, like Alduin from Skyrim. I wonder if I could get in on helping writing for the next Elder Scrolls game. I kind of wanted to see my imaginary scene come to life even though it'd probably been done a thousand times. Girl can dream though, right?

My expression changed to a wide grin as Kai seemed to light up thinking about her. Oh right, battling and defense good point. I actually had no clue about battling magic, but I tried to make the last statement as convincing as possible. I was so reclusive that I rarely even used my powers as it was. Maybe it was time to throw my ass into high gear again.

I shrugged at his apology, Oh one hundred percent deserved. Glad I didn't have to clean up that mess though. I said with a laugh. I could only imagine the landlord's face when he had to report so much water damage. Mindblowing lust, huh? Dayum playa, you go. I said the last part in a joking tone, drawing out the word 'damn.'

Right! I'm more of the indoorsy type, so I haven't really met many people. I mean I've tried through the internet and stuff, but didn't work. I guess I should have said the number zero, but it was too late now, That sounds awesome! I'm always down for some magic time. Oh god that came out weird. I pulled my phone out of my gray sweater cardigan and pulled up the 'Add Contacts' screen. Here, just put your number into my phone. I'll text it so you have mine. I said as I handed him my phone, Oh be careful of my Pikachu charm, he's a bit pointy.

Back to top Go down

Malakai Greenmantle III | Warlock; Elementalist

Posted on Wed Aug 02, 2017 10:42 pm

“A force to be reckoned with would be an understatement.” Wasn’t necessarily talking about her ability to wield her birth given element either. Geneva had always been bossy and headstrong. That child on the playground who thought up all the games. Assigned all the roles and blasted anyone with an authority outside her years when anyone dared break the rules. “She’s not the type to take on an apprentice but you don’t technically need another Air to train with. I might not be able to cast any spells in your realm but I’ve seen and, well….experienced first-hand, countless.”. Even hundreds of miles away I was still her favorite Guinea pig. Though it had graduated from spell crash test dummy to long distance enchantment lab rat. Forever wary of gifts from my sister.

“Gray Fullbuster definitely. Gender bended of course.” Anime wasn’t one of my hobbies but it was hard to miss a universe that talked about fairy Magick when considering the factual components of fantasy media. I’d had no time for video games recently which was a shame. Was hard to get fully immersed into another world when this one was screaming for attention.

I grinned immediately at her reaction to a country I’d traveled to often. My parents spent an exuberant amount of time in places with deep ancestral histories. Egypt was a plethora of ancient knowledge. “Wish my parents were still there but I got word that they flew home. Which means I can expect a summons soon.” I’d skipped Christmas and dodged another invitation to spend time with my parentals at their dig site. There was no way on this plane of existence I would be able to wiggle my way out of a third.

My grin got wider as Lucina mused about video games. It was enough to extinguish the realization I was going to have to soon deal with family obligations. Adding to my already full plate. “It requires a visualization so I’m assuming that means the Phoenix takes the shape of what I imagine one to be. So I’ll be thinking about Alar a raid boss from World of Warcraft.” If only the spell came with a resurrection subtext. Sadly it was just a flashy display of fire magick. Which essentially is all that I needed. Use up all the wild magick Michelle brought up from inside me.

Running my hand for the umpteenth time through my hair I could almost feel a blush coming on as Lucina good naturedly teased me about my lust comment. When she removed her phone from her pocket my fingers froze in their migration through the strands. “How did you manage to get that past Edith? It’s going to fry you know that right?” Didn’t actually rightly understand why Edith was so pedantic about tech devices in her basement. I understood that electromagnetic energy could murder circuitry but wasn’t that a risk we should choose to make? Not that I would. My phone was more like my child than an inanimate object. Punching in my number I had just managed to give Lucina back her phone before Edith pattered down the staircase, sweeping into the room.

Her hand was over her eyes as if she had expected to walk into an indecent scene. Enough time for Lucina to hide her phone if she chose to. The older witch peeked through her fingers and then sighed disappointedly. All business and no play huh? Well then we better get started. She strode over to me with her hand outstretched. In it was a brightly dyed orange glass beaker of some description. Drink this in the protective circle. While thinking about the memory you wish to revisit. When you close your eyes from that point onward you’ll see nothing but a looping play through. I nodded taking the potion and moving to finally step inside the ward on the ground. Have fun. Try not to burn eyebrows off. Yours and hers. I’d half expected Edith to stay for the show but she was a busy woman.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Thu Aug 10, 2017 6:01 pm

Oh you poor thing! I could never imagine the kind of torment a sibling would put onto the other, let alone if the two siblings were magic users. Just sounds pretty rough to be the probable guinea pig. She still sounded cool. I imagined a strong and tall woman. Legs for days, tiny waist, but could kick ass like nobody's business. At least you're still alive and kicking, right? Silver linings!

Gray Fullbuster it is then! I quickly changed my stance with my face serious. My arms bent at different angles, hands flat, straight and in front my face like I was some karate fighter. I think it was at this moment I stopped caring about how much of a "wee-boo" I looked like. Which was probably not a good thing. I was just pretty excited he got my reference.

Ugh, family visits. I wish you lots of luck, my friend. I didn't know much about his own struggle with his family, with Kai being from a prestigious magical background and all, but I knew how it was for me. My father and step-mother tried to not bring up my powers, so I was still stuck with the standard, 'do you have boyfriend?' 'you seeing anyone?' 'when are we getting grandchildren?' questions all the time. Never mind the fact they're uncomfortable with my career choice. Sitting in front of a computer screen is not what to college for in their minds. Other than that, it was typically decent experience.

That sounds gorgeous. I approve. It took me a minute to remember what boss he was talking about, Wait, you play World of Warcraft?! I don't know why I was so surprised and excited, I hadn't played World of Warcraft in forever. Though, I did enjoy learning about other people's secret nerd and geek side. Regardless, I'm looking forward to it.

You're right! I didn't think about it! Way to look like a fool Lucina. I flipped a button on the side to turn it off and then leaned down to put it on the floor. I managed to swipe it with my foot with enough force that it went sliding across the room as Edith entered the room. Hopefully that would protect it enough, would just have to remember where it was when I left. Thank god for that warranty package and my waterproof case. I eyed the almost neon orange bleaker, curious at the taste as I watched Kai take it from her hands. Am I okay to stand here? I asked trying not to seem like I was a total newb at this.

Yes please, I quite enjoy my eyebrows. I said with a half laugh. I was starting to get a little nervous. Oh, you're not staying? I don't know why I thought she would stay, she seemed confident enough in my abilities from the start. I can do this. I can do this. I can do this. Now breathe. I exhaled ready to start.

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics