setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Private] Six Strings Attached - Page 2

[Private] Six Strings Attached

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: [Private] Six Strings Attached

Vincent Sawyer Byrne | Wolf; Pack Master/Alpha

Posted on Sun May 07, 2017 9:37 pm

Harsh. I grinned. I'd taken it as a joke, but found myself pausing for a minute to figure out if he was serious or not. Not that I'd be surprised. I could shit out vampire repellent and hundreds, and wolves would still find a reason to hate my ass. Whether they had good reason or not, that wasn't really up to me. It's fucked up really, to tell people they don't have a reason to fucking hate something. Fuck off with that shit, people have their reasons... I have my reasons.

I listened as carefully as I could as he spoke, trying my best to pull out my lie detector ability, which was fucking selective as shit anyway. It loved to work on some people, not so much on others. I guess that was the difference between bad liars, and people that actually believed the bullshit they said, whether it was true or not. There was no such thing as a good liar, just bad ones and pieces of shit, really. What do you mean? I asked, not really in the mood to have the kind of casual conversation you'd have with some random idiot at the checkout line in Walmart. No, I wanted details. Not only did I need to get to know these wolves, find out about their lifestyles, their beliefs... I needed to know if shit was broken. An alpha was nothing if he wasn't a free fucking repair man. I mean... I took a moment to sit down, and looked back to Apollo. ...I get missing home, to an extent anyway. And it's gonna take some time for wolves to adapt, I know that, all we can really do is try our best to adapt too. But if there's anything... Fuck I'll just be blunt, if there's anything fucked up, anything broken, anything that makes it hard for you to feel like home here... I guess I'm trying to say, if there's anything I can do... I let the conversation end there, not really looking for a bro moment with someone I barely knew.

Yanno I've been through Sequoia. 'Wasn't wolf then, but place was fuckin' cool as shit though. Different environment, that's for sure... Very distinctive. Comin' here probably feels like stepping into a swamp compared to there. It wasn't exactly ''dry'', but the trees weren't exactly covered in thick moss either.

My phone buzzed in my pocket and I reached in to put it on silent, my eyes narrowing in response to his question. It took me a minute to realize what, or rather, who he was talking about. Michelle? - About me, yeah. About you, depends if you told her. That's not my business to share. She uh... The guy she was... or... Is, fuck I don't know, he was chosen. She watched him turn, there was no avoiding it, honestly. Was that when she'd found out about me? Probably not, who knew though. I couldn't remember that far back. What's your perspective on humans anyway? I asked, wondering why that hadn't come up earlier. It was no secret that The Pacific formed their own opinions individually, but generally got on fine with the human population. I was hoping I'd dodged at least one bullet... Last thing I wanted to deal with was protests over something as fucking stupid as acceptance of humans.

Back to top Go down

Paul Thacker

Paul Thacker | Wolf; Warlord/Battlelord

Posted on Tue May 09, 2017 10:16 am

I laughed and smiled, thinking that I actually liked that he was getting to the point. To an extent I was dreading this conversation. I didn’t know how much truth there was to Luxx’s lies, and as messed up as I knew that sounded that was the way she worked. No, Don’t get me wrong. Everything is… What was I going to say? It was good? I slid down the building and sat cross-legged, as if my legs were tired but they weren’t. I just knew if I kept standing I’d pace circles around him and it was a strange nervous habit to have. Good for it to be so fucked up. It’s nothing specifically you can do. We’re all working, everyone is bringing their best which makes me honestly proud as fuck.

It’s a great place, and I think if it’s possible I plan on going back, but it’s not terrible here. There’s a lot of pros to it and some of the others don’t see that. It’s beautiful terrain and it’s amazing for training. It feels strangely… richer. I had made a decision, whether it was some way trying to satisfy my dissatisfaction or to set myself apart from Luxx. I had to remind myself that maybe it wasn’t in the cards for my eyes to turn white at some point in time. I did form a plan, a plan I kept only to myself; not even Matrix knew. Help to stabilize things here, build things back up, then hopefully take who wanted to go of my people back home, to have our own “chapter” of whatever this was going to be. It was what I was used to and I might not have been alpha, but I still felt like I was a leader, and I still planned to be that.

She didn’t know about me,I’m not so sure about now. One thing I always made sure to do was collect information in conversations like these. It didn’t mean that was my goal, it didn’t mean I was insincere. Sometimes shit was just important to know, and you couldn’t let it pass you by thinking it was just smalltalk. Two things, immediately came to my attention. The first, if he was fucking Luxx as she wanted everyone to believe, myself included, they weren’t exclusive whether she knew it or not. Two, he was sympathetic to humans. I didn’t plan on lying to him about my position, which was actually - a lack of one. What I didn’t care about was Michelle’s ex and any kind of drama that went on there.

To understand that, you’ve gotta understand how I lived before, Onyx. I rested my hands on my knees, now looking up at him and smiling. I’m no city boy. My family had a farm, and we almost had everything we needed. I don’t mean we lived in a haller and stayed there, I knew humans, I spoke with them, but was simply never around them enough to get close. It wasn’t because I wanted to or didn’t. My eyes moved to the left, looking at nothing in particular other than the drain spout. As for the pack entirely, you’ll find mixed opinions. Some say they made us weak. Personally, I think they’re just trying to find something to blame. Somewhere to point a finger that’s not inward, you know what I’m sayin’?

My fingers started fidgeting, interlocking together, and my appearance was that I was still lost in thought. I wasn’t ready for this, I wasn’t sure it was the time seeing as it was just meant to be a short lunch break, but it kind of had to be done. Actually, I do have a problem, which might be obvious. Luxx.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Wed May 10, 2017 11:42 am

It was weird, knowing that I truly did want everyone to feel at home here. And it was stupid. How could they? It wasn't like they'd come here by choice. The Pacific was their last hope... The last old taffy out of the bottom of the jar and they were starving. The Pacific was a foster home, and wolves were just trying to figure out if they wanted to be adopted or not. And nothing I could do would change that. Yeah, for some it'd be easier to adjust than others, but that didn't mean it'd be easy at all. I guess I was struggling to accept the fact that no matter what, to a lot of wolves, the Pacific would always be second best to the lives they had before. And changing our name to Reprisal wasn't going to change that.

Yeah I get that... I replied, with a quiet tone of pessimism. A tone I instantly promised myself I wouldn't use again. But it was hard. We had warlords, we had plenty, and we'd likely rank up more so the few we had wouldn't feel spread so thin. But his comment of planning to go back... This wasn't home to him, and it never would be. That had been made perfectly clear with a few words. And if I was honest, it made me feel a rush of hesitancy towards even welcoming him into Reprisal. I would, I would welcome him in and hope for the best, but he clearly missed and loved his home too much to ever let this place become a replacement. And that perspective he likely had, did make me feel cautious. But, more importantly, it didn't make me angry. It was honesty, before his foot was even through the door I was greeted with honesty, and for that reason, whether he stayed or not, I would always consider him a trustworthy ally... Unless he ever gave me a reason to change my opinion. But with some people, you could just tell, honesty wasn't challenge for them, it was just a part of who they were. God I envied people like that.

I'm sure it has it's pros and cons. Frankly, I'm impressed that you can see any pros at all considering the circumstances that lead you here with your pack. Genuinely. I replied calmly. And I meant it too. Would I have turned wolves away? Would I have shunned them for admitting how much they hated it here? No, because I understood completely. This place could be heaven on earth, but that didn't make it home. And considering we were a far cry from paradise, it made all of that the more true. Well that's your business. I'm sure you're aware we don't really have a pack opinion on humans, and no law against revealing what we are when it's unavoidable. But we do expect our wolf brothers and sisters to be careful... Discreet with most humans now. There's too much danger out there now not to be. Accidents happen, people witness things, and as much as I'd like to be, I can't always be there to erase their memory... And if the memory is too far back, it's too difficult to pull it from their minds. With the Supremacy employing humankind, you could never be too careful...

Yeah... I guess it's not quite so black and white in some places. I'm sure you've heard of Odin, and if you haven't, he was known to work with the human police force here. We became so widely known to authority figures, I guess human and wolf involvement became insignificant... Just a fact of life around here. I didn't want to touch on his family, I still wasn't sure how much them were still alive. It wasn't my place.

I looked to him, the name coming from his lips wasn't a surprise, and was just the same. I'd heard stories of their competition while I'd been away. I'd heard stories of just how severe it'd gotten. And now I was mentally preparing myself for a new story, something other wolves likely left out. What had she done? I couldn't even begin to speculate, honestly. With her, there weren't many limits, there weren't many lines that she wouldn't cross... And those she seemingly refused to cross were always off the wall and random as if they'd been pulled out of a hat. What'd she do now? I asked, obvious frustration in my voice. Some people you couldn't help but want to grab by the shoulders and physically shake until some semblance of sense was knocked into their brain. She was one of those for me, and I felt it more often when she did something that felt honorable, but still found a way to leave a bitter taste in my mouth.

Back to top Go down

Paul Thacker

Paul Thacker | Wolf; Warlord/Battlelord

Posted on Sun May 14, 2017 7:10 pm

All I could do was casually lift my shoulders for a shrug. I was trying hard to keep my shit together. The idea that we were already dealing with a huge threat like the supremacy and some people were too busy using the opportunity for their own benefit. You should train with me sometimes. This terrain is a great opportunity. If we had a weakness before, we’re definitely fixing it. Days off was up early, 3-4 in the morning searching for the most dense areas of forest. Creating even more obstacles, if possible. I’d shift and “run the course myself” and if it was too easy I’d go back and tweak. I wanted someone to help, though, I wasn’t sure who to ask. Someone I could trust to look with a different set of eyes to find the loopholes without sharing them. It was a new challenge and something I grew to look forward to. Something that told me there was a possibility that I could get used to, adapt to being here.

Perfectly reasonable, if you ask me. We were careful of which humans we let into our pack. Vega always seemed to know just how to weed out those who were too weak for the life. I said her name without skipping a beat, but fuck it had taken me some practice. Not just some tough guy act I felt like I had to put on, though yeah, that was part of it. But the more emotion anyone detected when it was brought up, the more sad looks you got, or awkward looks. The more it made you think about shit. I had my own way of grieving Vega, no one else was responsible for my consolation and I didn’t want it. Shit, do you still have an in? I mean, not like we’re full of murderers and crack dealers but shit I know you know what our tempers are capable of.

I stood up now, adjusting the shirt over my waist, right arm reaching over my chest and hand gripping my shoulder as I popped my neck. What hasn’t she done? I won’t say too much. I don’t know what’s true and I assume nothing. Wolves are prone to gossip just as much as anyone else, but you should just know you can’t trust her further than you could throw a feather. My arm dropped, and I realized I’d been pacing. I stopped, turned to face Onyx, hoping the perfect analogy that’d popped in my head wouldn’t run through one ear and out the other. She thinks she’s Daeynerys but she’s the Cercei Lannister of this shit show, you smell what I’m cookin? I sighed, I’d been looking forward to meeting the alpha, I’d wanted this to be a hopeful talk, get on the same page about things and just… not talk about the shit pile she’d dumped on things. So I quickly changed the subject.

Whatever, right now she doesn’t deserve any more of my breath, a monster that lives on attention, so yeah… Subject change in 3, I held up fingers, 2… 1… My expression changed, even if slightly fake, brows slightly raised, small smile on my face. I see you play, not bad. Maybe come to the house sometime? We’ll have a fire and we can jam and have a few beers? Can’t fight if you don’t remember what you’re fighting for, right? Gotta have some soul time.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Tue May 16, 2017 10:04 pm

I hadn't expected the offer. So I didn't know what kind of answer to give. Louisiana had already taught me so much, but there were some areas where he was lacking. I craved the brutality of a warlord that didn't worry himself with broken bones. Blood and bruising hardly made Louisiana bat an eye, but he had a tendency to pull me back just as I began seeing red. He said there was a difference between strength, and blood lust, and I needed to learn that difference. Fuck, if anyone else had said that to me they'd be leaving with a bloody lip. Admittedly, I disagreed with him. Blood lust was where my fighting style hit it's peak, and he wouldn't be able to convince me otherwise. It wasn't his fault, he didn't know my life. He didn't know about my deepest, darkest secrets. If he did... He might let the wolf off its leash. You know I'm gonna hold you to that, right? It was my way of agreeing. I couldn't just say yes, I had to lock him into it like it was a promise.

Oh yeah? This was definitely interesting. In a lot of ways our pack had let go of some of the old traditions. But it seemed that in other ways, we clung to them for dear life. We're um... I guess I should say we were old school when it came to turning. Our Spiritual Leaders chose for us from the untouched water. Ancestor chosen humans is what Ghost always called them... But it wasn't like we didn't turn on a whim either. I guess we blended both styles based on what we needed. When wolves started getting picked off in larger numbers, we had no choice. They couldn't be replaced, the ones we'd lost, but we tried. I think it just created more problems in the end. Kato came to mind... He hadn't been chosen by the ancestors, he'd been chosen by me. I still didn't know if I'd chosen wisely or made a grave mistake.

I kept my mouth shut at the mention of Vega. I hadn't actually met her, and I guess I just didn't realize I had a short window of opportunity. I'd always intended to meet her, to talk with her, but time ran out, and fuck did time have a way of runnin'. It felt like it'd been running a hundred miles an hour since January when I returned. It had slipped away from me, and I'd lost a potentially vital opportunity to speak with someone that meant the world to a large chunk of Reprisal recruits. I felt guilty for that... I felt guilty for more than that. The mention of her name, I wouldn't even begin to pretend to know the pain of her name being spoken, no, that was disrespectful. But to pretend I didn't understand on some level would be a lie. It was then when I made a mental note to say something vague before our conversation was done. I had all the faith in the world that Apollo would know what I meant when I said it. I hoped he'd appreciate the discretion in which I spoke it, too.

It was demeaning work, if you ask me. Sniffing out coke houses and dead bodies left behind by fangers... They treated us like dogs. Even if we had an in, I'm not sure I'd let any Reprisal wolf take it. We're better than that. I had no problems being frank on the subject. But I had to wonder if I actually meant what I'd said, or if I was just subconsciously doing everything in my power to not follow in Odin's shoes. It was likely too late for that, because his shoes had fit my feet quite fucking nicely on more than one occasion. The most obvious being my involvement with The Supremacy, no matter how much I resisted or rebelled. I had met with them, and even if it had been against my will, it filled me with more shame than I could bear.

His first response to the topic of Luxx made my throat tense. So I take it you've met? Of course they had. How was it possible they hadn't? Knowing how Luxx had deceived them all while I was away... I have given the lone my word. I admitted, hating the way I had made it clear that I was bound to that word with a single statement and the tone of my voice. But it was true... I had given her my word, and this wasn't high school, her breaking her word made her untrustworthy, but it didn't give me reason to break mine. ...If I break my word, even over a verbal contract between myself as the Pack Master of Reprisal, and an untrustworthy lone, then that would set the bar for Reprisal... I'd build a pack on dishonor and deceit, no matter how deserving some may be of that, it isn't right, and I can't do it, Apollo. But you don't need to tell me about her, her tendency towards betrayal and lies isn't a secret to me... I'm well aware of what she is capable of, and what she is prone to. I am prepared to deal with the consequences of our alliance. It was all I could say, because as easy as it would be for this to be a black and white situation, nothing about it could be more grey...

His pacing was making me nervous, and I fiddled in my pocket for a smoke that I couldn't find. I had to smirk at the comparison, though. I couldn't have put it better myself. And that was the extent of the Luxx bashing I could manage. It wasn't in me to trash talk her to anyone. I couldn't even pretend I had some grand moral reason for it, because the truth was, I saved every bit of negative energy so I could say what I needed to say to her face when she inevitably revealed another grand betrayal or lie. You're changing. You've changed. You're trying to be better. That voice in my head was growing more annoying than helpful. It was true, I was trying to be better, but it didn't make it any less fucking aggravating. A constant reminder that I had given Luxx my word, that I had allied with her from the beginning when I needed help the most... No matter what happened now, I would be the bad guy for it, and there was no escaping it. Unfortunately, Luxx was the only one granted the luxury of time reversal.

You sure about that? I asked, laughing. I could see it in his body language. The topic of Luxx got him just as riled up as it did me... Actually, maybe even more. I had to wonder what she had done. What lies she had told him... What betrayals she had revealed. It was hard for me to imagine they'd be worse than what she'd done to me, even though she didn't realize it. Allying with the very beings that had physically and mentally tormented me for years was pretty fucking high on the fucked up list. Lying about it only made it worse. And it ran deeper than that, I knew it did, but I wouldn't admit, not aloud. If you mean it, then hell yeah. I'm always looking for new guys to jam with... And drink with. I smiled but it wasn't very assured. A half smile, the kind of smile anyone would expect after a vague conversation of a particular wolf.

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics