setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Private] Six Strings Attached - Page 3

[Private] Six Strings Attached

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Paul Thacker

Re: [Private] Six Strings Attached

Paul Thacker | Wolf; Warlord/Battlelord

Posted on Wed May 17, 2017 7:51 am

Good, I said, actually smiling proudly. This was one of those things that I couldn’t possibly predict. Would the respect for the new alpha come naturally? How far would he have to go to earn it? Apparently, there was some part of me that sought his approval, and I knew that these things had to be a two way street. I’ll have my people call your people, I joked, But really, there’s open slots on Tuesdays and Thursdays, which makes me feel like I’m letting you in a damn gymnastics class. If that doesn’t work, it’s easy enough to switch things around. I kept my schedule a routine, more than I ever had in Visalia, only because of the current situation had us on high alert.

I smirked, Yeah, we had the luxury of being choosy. Even the ones chosen by the ancestors faced trials first. Although, I can’t remember one of them not passing. I think the point of doing the trials with the ones the ancestors chose was just bonding them with the pack. But, sometimes we courted humans in other ways. Friend of a friend kind of thing. Only about a quarter of them passed. Just goes to show, the ancestors know what they’re talking about. I didn’t always like what they said, but I always listened. Now, sometimes I felt like even they were silent, speechless. Why wouldn’t they be?

I nodded, actually disappointed in myself that the consequences of a relationship with law enforcement had slipped my mind. Shit, yeah, we’re not fucking bloodhounds. In my mind I’d seen it easier, especially thinking about Matrix’s career. Just having a simple in, someone working in the field who could fudge some paperwork or look the other way because they were one of us. Not the idea that it would be irresponsible, and land us completely under their thumb. Cops, investigators, judges, they were all people and people could definitely tend to be selfish.

Honor was a dangerous word, and listening to his words was proof that the definition varied from person to person. But I hadn’t made any kind of agreement with her, any kind of pact, so I was free of that conundrum. But if you looked at the books, there was no honor in what I wanted done. It wasn’t set in stone that it was my plan, or at least I never let the idea come to a fully detailed plan and perhaps honor was my reason. Sometimes I felt willing to sacrifice my own honor, likely my own life to remove the threat of her. Others, the idea of killing her, having her killed, whatever it was, made me feel weak. I hated the idea that I couldn’t deal with the problem of her in an honorable way.

I took a deep breath, thinking that this was a part of the conversation that begged for a jar of shine. At least a good cold beer. I had to be careful, the guy seemed cool, like he could have been one of us had he simply been born in a different location. I didn’t want her to tarnish even what this could be, but the idea that the little shit show she’d created when he was gone - shit did he even know about it? Did he know there were deaths during her “training sessions” while he was gone? Deaths at a time when we didn’t have a body to spare? Not that that should have even mattered. The death of a wolf at friendly hands called for punishment, did it not? Don’t get me wrong, we have a past, I have a grudge, but this isn’t about that. I’m not a butthurt jilted lover or any of that bullshit. She’s just dangerous. The wildcard that can fuck you more than it hurts the enemy so use with caution. I cut myself off completely. Whether he’d meant it or not, his words came off almost as a challenge. The alliance is not up for discussion. Was she that good in the sack? Or was honor that important? Did honor matter to someone who clearly held none themselves? I was mentally asking him and myself the last two questions.

I simply nodded, now really worried I could potentially scar my relationship with the alpha, letting her take yet something else from me. Oh, man, perfect. You like shine? I brought some from home, working on setting things up here, still. You know how it is, time is limited. My shine was kind of my project, something I meticulously tweaked and tightened and loosened until I found what worked. Thinking about the distillery now had me plotting to work on it as soon as I got home.

Back to top Go down

Vincent Sawyer Byrne | Wolf; Pack Master/Alpha

Posted on Fri May 19, 2017 9:40 pm

I go seven days a week, Apollo. Seven days a week with Louisiana. That guy considers showing up right on time as showing up late. I'll happily swing a few Tuesdays and Thursdays with you too. Louisiana would have to learn to share, which was funny, since I was the one that had issues sharing Louisiana. I didn't feel complete without training anymore. I also fucking hated it. I needed it, didn't feel right without it, but hated it. Just more proof that nothing would ever make me fucking happy. Your people are my people. I smiled. The comment was made casually, it could easily be shrugged off, but the point also needed to be made. So I made it.

Hearing about the ''trials'' as it had been referred to on several occasions did arouse curiosity. I never asked too much about it, never really had to. It seemed most of the Sequoia had a story to tell, some were obviously more generous with those stories than others. I found the entire thing interesting as fuck, maybe a bit brutal, but it's not like the Pacific was known for conditioning their wolves to deal with brutality. There was a reason why other packs had given us fucked names under Odin's rule... Pacifier was the most creative I'd heard, essentially referring to us as a bunch of fucking babies. Not that the unique fucked names stopped with Odin... My rule just gave the rest of the surrounding packs a different flavor to spoil. From a pack of pussies to incompetent. I wasn't sure which insult I preferred, if either... Is that something... Sacred? I asked, looking up at him as I finally got the smoke out of my pocket and plopped it between my teeth. The trials I mean... Sacred to Sequoia... Or is that something you want... To continue? They weren't the only ones that needed to adapt... Myself and the rest of the Pacific did too. I would happily be open to the idea of it if he wanted. I'd already made some compromises for Eco, it was only fair I made some for Sequoia... Unless of course it was something sacred to Sequoia wolves specifically. Then I'd happily drop the topic and let them keep that as a part of their history, not their future. If they even had a future here... I couldn't help but cling to that comment he'd made about going back. The second he made that comment I found myself seeing him as a temporary Warlord. I actually really fucking hated the feeling that gave me. No, we're not. We'd all been through enough, and the last thing I wanted was demeaning humans treating us like tools.

I heard his words loud and clear about Luxx. If only he knew how much he didn't need to tell me. If only he knew how well I could understand, even without knowing the full extent at which she'd shoved that stick of lies up his ass. It wasn't my place to ask... If he wanted me to know, he'd tell me. I had several reasons for not sharing the way in which she'd fucked me over. The most recent thought that popped into my head was the ''temporary warlord''. Alpha and Warlord are meant to work closely with one another, they're meant to trust one another, but until I felt like he was a member of Reprisal first, and not a member of Sequoia first, there wasn't any way that I could allow that bond to fully grow, if it'd even grow at all. And it wasn't his fault, he'd likely feel like a Sequoia wolf all his life... And I understood that the best I could. I get it. I have my eye on her. If she causes a problem, I'm prepared to take responsibility for it, and I'm prepared to do something about it. But I know you don't know me very well. You have no reason to believe me. All I can do is give you my word and hope that I'll never have to prove to you that I can keep it. Which I would, but that's just more words, isn't it? I laughed, striking my lighter and igniting the end of my smoke.

Fuck yeah I do. I was happy with the subject change, and I clung to it for dear life. My cousin and I uh... We used to make some ourselves. Not so much anymore, for that very reason. Time seems to be in short supply lately. But yeah, definitely, the more potent, the better. It actually sounds nice... Some music, some drink... It's weird how it can feel like so long since you've just sat down and enjoyed both... Even if it's only been a week.

Back to top Go down

Paul Thacker

Paul Thacker | Wolf; Warlord/Battlelord

Posted on Tue May 23, 2017 7:19 am

Sounds like I should get in with him, Actually, that was how I felt it should be, with everyone who trained. A rotation. Hell, if I had trusted her any more than I did, I’d say a rotation with Luxx wouldn’t hurt. I wanted us to be versatile, strong and wise. But I had to let go, because it wasn’t about what I wanted, or my recommendations. But the ideas didn’t stop, rather, the inclination to talk to the other warlords. Maybe they agreed.

Shit, I felt like I’d just put my foot in my mouth. I’d been making a joke, of course, it had come up randomly but it was something my sister said, a lot. Just joking about people with money who had people doing everything for them including making arrangements for time spent with friends. Wasn’t sure if he’d just used the joke to extend a hand or if he actually thought I was serious, that I was being enough of a jackass to actually insinuate a divide between “our people”. Now I wished that I’d left the Sequoia lands more, maybe associated with humans more, because I felt completely dumber than a doornail when it came to interacting with new people. That means a lot. It was all I could say.

He hadn’t actually became my alpha yet, and maybe that was why. Maybe it was just that petty part of me that had me judging him and feeling some kind of strange barrier. I pushed away thoughts about how an alpha needed to keep himself in pristine condition, how he actually had a responsibility to do that. I had to remember Elara reminding me that not everyone saw or felt what I did. She would easily call me out on my shit right now, bopping me on the head and reminding me that a smoke wasn’t going to make a difference between life and death in battle. It just wasn’t. I would argue back that even my own ability seemed clearer, stronger when I was careful, but it didn’t matter. I knew half of that was in my head. Yes, they’re sacred, but also, so is this, Onyx. My lips had actually pulled up into a smile, an overwhelming sense of pride at the idea that such a huge part of us could be continued. I knew we’d be giving up things, but the idea of not giving up the trials was almost like winning the lottery. I’m, I don’t think you understand what it means that you’re even remotely toying with the idea. I’d be more than willing to share details, I’d want you to know everything about it before agreeing.

I didn’t want any more tension between us, even though I didn’t usually feel inclined to be a people pleaser, a suck up, and I wasn’t. I just knew this topic felt strained, like his opinion of her was little more than a mouthy girlfriend and me? She’d pretty much obliterated the morale, the integrity of my pack in an instant. But I knew the relationship with an alpha was important, and I refused to wait and let the bond try to fix it for me. I wanted a foundation, so I wasn’t going to give up just yet, I wasn’t going to let this slight feeling of dissonance between us be the end of it.

Now we were on topic, and my eyes light up like they were on fire. Not literally, in the wolf sense I should clarify. Any common ground we had I planned to keep my feet firmly planted on. Maybe that’s something else we can do, not that I should um, try to bogart all your time, but… wait. Do you already have a still set up? I pressed my knuckles to my lips smiling behind them then dropped my hand immediately after to speak. I don’t know if your recipe is any kind of trade secret, but I wouldn’t mind sharing mine.

The door opened, a little, then a lot. Michelle stepped out, wide eyed with a thin lipped smile, holding - oh. She practically threw the blue bag at me. You were planning to eat, right? I guess I didn’t have to worry now about her seeing what was in the bag, as if anyone normal would snoop in other peoples’ lunchboxes but she wasn’t really normal was she? She disappeared and I shrugged, feeling like a high school kid whose mom had just brought him his inhaler in front of the whole class. I opened the bag, and the ziplock bag inside containing the raw steak. Do you mind? I don’t mind sharing but now that I think about it I am really hungry.

Back to top Go down

Vincent Sawyer Byrne | Wolf; Pack Master/Alpha

Posted on Tue May 23, 2017 11:13 am

It did bother me that the Warlords hadn't actually trained with one another before training our fighters. Unless they had, and no one fucking told me anything. All I knew was that it was important. Understanding what each of them could provide, knowing where they were repeating lessons that had already been taught by another, really taking advantage of that time they had with warriors, and working together, hell yeah that was important. You should. His numbers up on the board at the Den, along with his training schedule.

I shrugged, then nodded, not wanting to seem like I was shrugging it off. It wasn't his fault, I guess. Maybe to him there was still a divide between those of us that were here, and those of us that came here. And there was nothing I could say or do to fix that, not until we'd been reformed. Without that pack bond, that divide would always exist. Well it would be yours. I wouldn't... I would do what I need to do to make it right, to make it work like it did for you guys, I'd support it, I'd be there for whatever rituals that need to be performed, I'd play my part not out of any obligation but because I'd want to. But I wouldn't feel right taking it over. It would start with you, leading it, running it, and then it could be passed on through generations in Reprisal if that's what you wanted. If it meant something to the Sequoia, it could mean something to us. Every full pack that had arrived would have a moment like this, when they'd get to blend their own rituals with ours... I just hoped they'd all understand that my acceptance and adoption of these things was my way of keeping their history alive... But they'd have to adopt our shit too, probably a lot more than they likely wanted to. In the end, this was Reprisal. This wasn't Eco, or Code, or Sequoia, it was Reprisal, and we represented the Pacific too, maybe even first.

But yeah, I'd love to hear about it. Something told me we wouldn't be having this conversation now. And that was fine. I just exhaled my smoke into the wind and watched it carry it away from Apollo and myself. Oh no, well... Yeah, kinda? I don't even know if it's still there... There's a split in the path, just after the west end of the beach trail... You have to trek through some nasty thick devils clubs, I mean we'd carved a path but fuck, you don't wanna get caught up in that shit. It's our old camping spot, I wouldn't be surprised if our shits still there. Though we weren't pros or anything... After hearing about the Sequoia and shine I'd almost be embarrassed to show you what we used. I laughed. Now that I think about it... I should probably go check to see if the generator is still out there... I was talking to myself at this point, but fuck it.

When the door opened I pulled myself up. Nah man, I should go get my new Taylor and head out. You got my number? Well, Michelle does anyway if you ever need to.... My voice trailed off and I flicked my smoke into a nearby puddle. I turned towards the back door, swung it open, and turned back just for a moment. Apollo? I took a step inside, I'm sorry. Maybe he wouldn't know what I'd meant. And I'd closed the door before he could even ask. But something told me the next time he thought about Vega, he'd know.

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics