setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Closed] Your Heart is a Fortress - Page 3

[Closed] Your Heart is a Fortress

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: [Closed] Your Heart is a Fortress

Lilith Alysbury | Wolf; Warlord/Battlelord

Posted on Sat Apr 22, 2017 1:52 am

Part 11/15

The final items were bound in a woven blanket. Something that had been made and given to me. The Sequoia were self-sufficient. A community that literally didn’t need outside assistance. They made their own moonshine. Had hunters that could track and kill anything. Vegetable gardens that stretched out as far as the eye could see. I thought I’d been an expert survivalist until I had met them. Apollo had taught me more than I cared to give him credit for. Had shown me that his knowledge was far greater than my own. That in a battle of who was stronger when it came to survival, he would leave me in the dust. Not that I'd ever told him that of course. I’d applied much of what he’d shown me after I’d left. Not that I really wanted to acknowledge that fact. The blanket had been made by Bellatrix. A wolf who had explained to me the naming strategy for their pack. I’d begun appreciating the stars more when I discovered that every single one of them was named after a planet, a galaxy, some kind of heavenly body.

Unwrapping the faded coverings revealed two items. The leather bracelet I actually fastened to my wrist. It had been Apollo’s. I’d stolen it. He had no idea. One of the others had made it for him as a thank you for training them. It was a fucking ugly thing. The wolf who had made it not deft at working with hide but somehow I had always wanted it. Hadn’t actually meant to take it. Once I had found it on my bedside table I had hid it. Never actually worn it until now. Fuck he was going to be pissed if he saw it. Though my cheeks were wet with countless tears I grinned wickedly. The expression was short lived when I regarded the second treasure.

The Sequoia had a coming of age ritual. One that tested the resolve of the wolf concerned. Put their knowledge of the wildness to the test. I’d found it intensely fascinating that it was a solitary endeavour. Sent out into the great unknown with nothing but a canteen of water. Obviously I had been well past the age in which this journey was mandatory. Had been fucking silly to want to do it in the first place since I wasn’t a member of their pack. A secret between myself, Apollo and Vega. Not even Matrix knew. I’d been given a canteen, the very one I was now looking at and sent on my own walk of self-discovery. Never before had being alone felt more brilliant. Knowing that I would be returning to someone in the end. Not to mention had hidden the fact I'd left for another reason entirely.

“Is that what I think it is?” Portia had moved. I hadn’t even noticed. She was now standing over me looking down at the item I hadn’t touched yet. This one was much harder than the other two. Remembering anything to do with that time was a double edged sword. Both of which were serrated. “Yeah…” She reached for the canteen but I slapped her hand harshly away. Only two people had touched it, well maybe three, I didn’t imagine that Apollo had made it himself. She was about to ask her question. What this was going to represent. Didn’t give her the chance to because I grabbed the canteen in both hands.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Sat Apr 22, 2017 1:57 am

Part 12/15 This whole post is flashback.

Sunlight caught the water, spooling liquid gold across the surface. Heat waves shimmered off the far bank of the natural lake. Everything smelt like tree sap, rich soil, fallen leaves. The fresh organic smell of centuries of respected evolutions of the glade. Perfumes of a hundred different flowers, their pollens diluted and enhanced by countless others taken by the wind and mixed together in the breeze. Trees of every description lined the watering hole. Sentinels over a secret place we came to often. The joyous hollers of wolves swinging from a rope tied to a strong aged branch over the water didn’t interrupt the serenity of the forest. They just gave it new life. Not breaking the twitter of birds and happy hum of insects but adding to it. Even the loud splashes of belly flops that had meant to be acrobatic flips just made the grin on my face wider. Even when we came as a group I would always find myself sneaking off to be alone. Sometimes I would just sit and breathe in that untouched woody incense and listen to the sounds around me, as if it was the most beautiful music I had ever heard. This time I was recalling a specific event.

Nestled under and around a fallen tree alive with combs of feathering moss, I had found strawberries. Much larger and sweeter than the fruit found in supermarkets. These were enriched with the heart of this place. Dropping to my bare knees in the leaves and twigs that formed the blanket of the forest floor, I reached out and plucked one perfect berry. They were fucking huge and before I knew what was happening, I had shoved the thing in my mouth. Juice dribbled from the corners of my lips. Deep pink sluggishly trickling down my sunkissed skin. The first wasn’t even properly chewed and swallowed before another of its kin was forced into my jaws. Fingers now sticky. I mewed in delight pulling as many as I could from the entanglement of branches. Each one finding a new home within my mouth. Nothing tasted better than wild strawberries straight from the source. That scent that followed me had only been made stronger while living with the Sequoia.

“What are you doing?” Just like a child caught with their pudgy hand in a cookie jar I froze. Strawberry juice stuck to my lips, chin, hands. The severed remains of their starburst stems laying about me. “Nothing.” I yipped around the berry still lodged in my mouth. Trying to chew quickly while at the same time savouring the taste I tried to wipe my fingers on my t-shirt. Achieving nothing but getting the fabric adhered to my fingers. Bright laughter ripped from Apollo’s mouth as he leaned over my head, peering down at what I was trying to hide. “You’re weird you know that?” Normally I would have taken that as an insult but when I glanced upwards through my eyelashes I knew I couldn’t take offense. Not with the good natured grin on his face. No lies. No tricks. Just the warmth of the sun. “A wolf and a warlord and you eat strawberries like that.” Swallowing the last morsel in my mouth I gave him an unconvincing sneer. “Shut up. I…They’re delicious.” “Clearly.” He snorted his way into a further peal of laughter, cupping his hands around his mouth as if he was going to call out to the other wolves. “Don’t you dare.” Rising from my crouched position I glared in his face, but it was all rendered silly as a blush rose on my cheeks. Looked like a little pup unable to keep food in her mouth, instead spreading it everywhere else.

“Going to share? Or has a bit of the Lone snuck back in today?” My mouth dropped open and I grimaced. It was so easy to forget who I was here. The waters of the lake felt like they could wash all my sins clean. That what I had been building, planning…disappeared. Not longer existed. Was forgotten. Cleansed by its purity. Sheepishly raising a hand to my sticky lips I mumbled. “Think I ate them all.” Just like a true Lone. Taking everything for myself and leaving nothing for the others. Dodging his eyes I waited to be scolded, to be yelled at, even though it was ridiculous, they were only strawberries and wild ones at that. I just always expected to be treated poorly because I was selfish. “You know what happens to wolves who don’t share.” I’d spent enough time with the pups to know exactly what was coming but I didn’t expect my punishment was going to be no dessert. Considering I’d just eaten it.

Before I knew what was happening Apollo had picked me up, slung me over his shoulder and was running at the lake. “What the fuck?” Grabbing hold of his naked back I tried to wriggle free, though not struggling as hard as I could have. Next thing I knew I was being tossed through the air, hitting the water in a terrible display of acrobatics, having not had enough time to think about what was going to happen. The water was cool, deliciously so, growing in temperature as I rose to the surface. “Should have seen the look on your face Luxxie.” Barely registered his words as I shook water out of my curls. I just watched as he backed up, and launched himself into the lake alongside me. As he too broke the eddy of the waters I splashed a tidal wave in his direction. “Next time at least save one for me.”

Back to top Go down

Posted on Sat Apr 22, 2017 2:01 am

Part 13/15

Unlike the other memories I didn’t return from this one with tears streaming down my face. I sat there. Just grasping the canteen with such ferocity it was a wonder it didn’t collapse from the pressure. “This is all ever so perplexing Luxxie. You don’t want to talk about the Sequoia and yet here you are….” I didn’t want to. However all of this was to remember the most perfect moments of my life. Of which there were only three that were linked to objects. How fucking sad was that? Sure there were glimmers of events that had cracked the constant misery that had been my life. That was my life. None were as big of a punch to the face as these though. One other would require walking into the church again. Another I could conjure in another way. The last was….well….that was going to be fucked. Real fucked.

“So what was this one all about then?” Really didn’t want to say a word. In fact I was actually terrified about opening my mouth at all. My shoulders were shaking. My fingers trembling not with withdrawls but with a sadness so profound I thought I would break apart. “A reminder…” My voice broke. “…of what home feels like.” Barely got the words out before I began to cry. Really fucking cry. Howls of someone who had lost everything. I’d made myself forget. Erased my own brain. Forcing myself to delete any memory of knowing what it felt like. The pain was so horrific. Worse than anything else. Portia crouched down and wrapped her pray mantis arms about me. I didn’t even escape from the embrace. Just continued to bawl, screaming out in sheer torturous agony. I’d only had handfuls of the feeling when with the Dominion. Always with Sona. She just radiated that sense of stability. When with the Sequoia I had felt it daily.

“Why did you throw it all away then?” I pushed her off me. Really shoving her. Portia’s frail body skidded over the ground. “Finding home wasn’t the fucking reason why I was there.” I snarled, feeling some relief with the rage bubbling up to eclipse the melancholy. What fucked me up is that there was that possibility that I had been. That the Ancestors had sent me to these packs for me to find what I was looking for. I’d become so fixated on this idea of becoming an Alpha that I had ruined it over and over. I had never really felt home before so when faced with it I hadn’t really known that’s what I had right in front of me. Blinded by my own ambition. Only realizing at the worst possible moment. “Explain it to them.” “NO!” I rose from my position, standing over her my eyes becoming radioactive. Glowing yellow locking on her with a fury. “FUCK UP PORTIA. YOU KEEP TALKING LIKE YOU KNOW THE FIRST THING ABOUT ME. BUT YOU DON’T YOU REALLY FUCKING DON’T. YOU HAVE NO IDEA HOW FUCKING WEAK THEY MADE ME!” No idea. None at all. I could have been an Alpha. I could have had a home. They had both been within my grasp but he had fucking ruined it for me. Apollo had taken from me what I wanted most in the world. Made me so fucking feeble that I’d given it up. Fuck him. FUCK HIM.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Sun Apr 23, 2017 1:44 am

Part 14/15

The sun was blazing over head while I reburied the lighter and toy. Both owners were now dead. It felt right to leave them behind. I did take the canteen and put in the car. Kept the bracelet around my wrist. Now all I had to do was visit the church. Convince Olympia to connect me to the Ancestors and visit the Skatepark while completely fucking trashed and it would be complete. I could die having seen everything I wanted to. I stood in the field alone, though knowing that Portia leaned up against the car waiting for me. Tilting my head towards the warm rays I felt a genuine smile turn the corners of my lips. My eyes were red raw from crying so hard but I felt better for it. Actually everything that had happened in the last two and a half days made me feel rejuvenated. Having a break from the Fanger blood also made me feel more alive. Had no idea how I was not doubled over in pain right now, but I wasn’t going to question it. Wasn’t going to question a damn thing anymore. My instincts were perfection. I knew what I was doing. I was in control.

As I finally moved towards the car Portia opened the drivers side door open for me, holding out a lit cigarette. “This was really special Luxxie, I’m glad we got to spend this time together.” I snorted out a puff of laughter, climbing into the vehicle waiting for her to take her spot in the passenger seat. “But this really is the end of the road now.” My hand paused while removing the cigarette from my mouth, the smoke leaking slowly from between my lips. “Why do I have this feeling that you fucking off isn’t going to come without a catch?” The question was released with shades of grey. The fake innocent expression on her face took time to dissolve but disappear it did. Replaced with a sly smirk. “You have to promise me one thing.” Urgh. Promises. She had to know that making a deal with me was almost utterly pointless. “What?” “No, no Luxxie you need to say you’ll do what I ask before I tell you and I want you to swear by the Ancestors that you’ll do it.” Fuck her! I’d swear by anything else. Anything else. Then I could break the fucking promise if I didn’t like what I heard.

“Fine, I fucking promise by the Ancestors. I want you to piss off that badly.” Portia laughed, stopping to cough up a lung. Her whole body shook with the force of the action. So did not want to turn out like her. Walking, talking corpse. “You’ll tell him what happened” I wanted to give her a snarly Tell who what? But I knew what she was talking about. She didn’t have to use specifics. “Fuck you Portia.” I slammed the door shut, bending down sharply to link the wires together that would start the car. Peeling away from the side of the road I didn’t even give her a backwards glance.

Back to top Go down

Narrative |

Posted on Sun Apr 23, 2017 1:47 am

Part 15/15

Portia stood in the field looking up again at the wisps of clouds that covered a cerulean sky. She had felt uncertain that she’d been the right person for this job. Luxx had never liked her. Having already developed an impression of her from Apollo and Matrix well before they had even met. Though it was a little upsetting, Portia now realized that the way to get through to Luxx was different to most people. She acted as if she hadn’t liked spending a single moment with Portia but in fact had listened to everything she had said. They could relate. Luxx could see her future in Portia. Had found some comfort in knowing that she didn’t need to put on a mask in front of her. Rage cleared the girls head and just the sight of Portia brought that in torrents.

“She’s on her way…home.” The old wolf directed the statement to the sky. Sniggering a little at calling Index the little blonde wolf’s home. With some luck Luxx would head all the warnings. Listen to the advice. Detox off the Vampire blood before it was too late. Join the pack. Try to mend the bridges she had burned. Though more importantly remember who she was. Keep that fire inside of her alive. Burning brightly and defiantly. If that was doused then all hell would break loose. “And though she be little, she be fierce.” Quoting Shakespeare Portia bowed in an awkward curtsey. “Mission accomplished Ancestors.”

And with that the spirit of the long dead Belinda ‘Portia’ Thacker, faded into the sunlight.

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics