setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Private] Waiting to Die - Page 2

[Private] Waiting to Die

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: [Private] Waiting to Die

Gayle Shaffer | Vampire; Ancient

Posted on Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:01 pm

I was generally very particular with my work, and if there were more hours in the day I would do it all myself. But I was impatient, and I wanted to live as well as work. That being said, I felt like this was a delicate dealing and was the reasoning behind my meeting with this ignorant dog rather than sending some kind of human liaison. But as experienced as I was, I still tended to make mistakes, including overestimating the intelligence of wolves. Shouldn't they have been at least as smart and patient as a human? And the sad part was that this was their leader. Putting words in my mouth before I'd even fully expressed my point. Hell, the fact that he hadn't come to understand my intentions with the information given was sad on its own, but was par for the course. Context clues, dog, did they not teach you that in whatever school district where your trailer park lie?

I didn't let my frustration with Vincent show, but I still from this point wasn't completely sold on continuing with my original game plan of attempting to keep his pride intact. At this point, I felt the need to request our server bring in a goddamn chalk board so I could draw a map and write out the bullet points. Don't pretend you know my intentions with a simple statement, Mr. Byrne. And don't think you could even begin to understand me from our limited time together. Now my words had a certain edge. I knew things about him, simply from my little birdie and some other watchful eyes I'd placed in this shithole of a town. I've lost count of my years here. I could have met Jesus had I been in the right place, so I know a bad idea when I see one. Bringing Lilith back - that's a very bad idea. Is it too much to ask that you swallow your over-inflated pride long enough to agree?

Lilah's special? I suppose I'll have to ask the chef about that one, but I'll return as quickly as possible with an answer. I smiled at the server as she rushed off to the kitchen. My focus returned to Byrne. My expression didn't soften one bit but the corner of my lip curled up into a smug grin. Oh, you've got to be kidding me. Are you really that predictable? Wolfy has feelings for the mysterious human girl? Don't worry, I can do more to protect her than you could dream of, and I am. As long as she works for me, she'll be safe. My sips of gin grew larger until they turned into unapologetic chugging.

I heard the brisk light footsteps approaching the table again. The chef says he would be more than grateful to prepare Lilah's special for you. But - he won't tell me what it is. Can I ask-
I answered, my eyes still focusing on the wolf and not bothering to move away to the curious server. Lilah's special is a dish served with discretion. I'm sure both the chef and myself would prefer to keep it that way.

Back to top Go down

Vincent Sawyer Byrne | Wolf; Pack Master/Alpha

Posted on Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:38 pm

I'll tell you exactly what I understand. I understand that your kind has been far more than a fucking thorn in my side for longer than most could tolerate. Toying with my life, the lives of my wolves, which might I add a good lot of them were murdered thanks to fangers. Your kind is the reason this bullshit has been happening, the reason my life, and the lives of countless others are ruined. Your kind causes nothing but grief and misery, like locusts, you all swarm in and devour everything. The only thing your kind is capable of creating, is more fangers to bring forth more death and destruction. You are death, and not just in the most obvious meaning of the word, but by the massacres that follow you. So excuse me if I'm not eager to grab you by the hand and take you at your word.

I was a king. The king of hypocrisy. I knew even as I was speaking... My presence here, and the fact that I wasn't leaving made my speech sound more like a preacher convicted of crimes relating to the seven deadly sins, trying to teach his congregation about morality. But I didn't give a fuck. It all became incredibly clear to me in an instant why she chose this location. She was just as pretentious as the rest of the sheep in this place. Talking over their overpriced meals, stroking one another's inflated egos. Well fuck her, I wasn't going to be one of them. How nice it must be when you're biggest problem is the fact that you're underpaid gardener didn't show up to work on Monday.

My pride doesn't stand in the way of agreement. We are in agreement, ancient. And it isn't pride that makes me question you and your motives, it's the fact that you are what you are. We can sit here over drinks and talk for however long it takes to list all of the things that could make us allies, but that doesn't make you my ally. We are enemies, and I don't see that changing. The only reason I'm still here, is because I feel like entertaining my own curiosity. Did I actually believe her? I didn't know. It was hard to trust anyone these days. Had she proven to me that she's more trustworthy than my own allies... In some ways, yeah, she had. But it was blatantly obvious who would get the blame if something went wrong. Hell, even me being here was a risk. And I had too many red marks on my ledger, I wasn't looking to add anymore.

My eyes didn't just flash, no, this time they stayed bright white and I growled as she spoke, then slammed my hand on the table as I stood up as much as our booth would allow, to tower over her. The place fell quiet, like I'd just pissed in their fucking cornflakes. My attention turned to the rest of the diners, Mind your own fucking business! I yelled outward, compelling each and every one of them. The live music picked back up and in an instant the place was filled with it's previous chatter and clanking dishes. Fuck you. How about you take your own advice and don't pretend to know my intentions with a simple statement. Yes, I care about people, I'm sure that's a foreign concept to you but I actually value life. I sat back down, arms crossed. As long as she works for you, she's a part of this... Bullshit that's going on. So no, she's not safe. And if you're comin' to me, the ''dog'', then I don't imagine your leaders are too happy with you either. I don't imagine she's high on their list, but I don't believe for a second they wouldn't take her as leverage, especially considering her value. Unless you have more shifters in your back pocket that the rest of the world doesn't know about.

I exhaled loudly, obnoxiously even. Already feeling irritated that my outburst most likely ''confirmed'' her assumptions... For her anyway. I didn't think it proved shit. Whatever, let's just get to the point. I broke eye contact as I reached for my drink, downing it's contents before looking back at the vampire opposite me.

Back to top Go down

Gayle Shaffer | Vampire; Ancient

Posted on Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:31 am

Was it the lack of years behind the life of a wolf that caused them to be so short sighted? And then I quickly recognized which part of the picture I was missing in order to understand: his mortality. Sure, I could be killed too but I’d managed to avoid it for actual millennia. So sure, I would imagine balance wouldn’t be very high in your hierarchy of needs if your life was so incredibly fragile. But this was also why I didn’t particularly pay attention to the specifics of his rant. I’d heard it all before. I did at least, let him finish before I let him know that what he had to say was nothing new to me.

Oh, I know, blah blah, demons from hell, blah blah kill for fun. No value for life yadda yadda. I picked up the tumbler of gin and slunk back into my seat, looking up at the man with one raised brow and a slight smile - the epitome of “you’re boring me but I’m too polite to tell you.” I’m sorry, go on, please.

The beauty of our relationship, of this meeting, is that I don’t have to lie to you. It’s very simple. How do I put this in a way you’ll understand? I tilted the glass side to side watching the small amount of liquid left slosh around and eyed the waitress hoping she would be bringing more soon. For her sake, she’d better be bringing more. You get tired of the same things, every day, correct? You wouldn’t want to wear the same clothing every day. You wouldn’t want to hear the same song over and over. We’re the same. I enjoy different challenges - it’s not even about how delicious you are. I licked my lips after another sip. Although, I don’t want to eat ramen every day and thanks to the supremacy I’m running a little low on steak. But the reason doesn’t matter - We both want to rebuild your numbers. We both want to stop the supremacy from destroying the rest of your kind. We don’t have to play nice once the job is done.

I watched his outburst like it was a show played out just for me. I even jumped in my seat a little when he slammed the table, of course abruptly laughing afterward. I sat my drink down on the table long enough to clap once he returned to his seat. More interesting than the lovestory between a fucking bird and a dog was his reaction - and while it was entertaining it wasn’t that interesting. Getting a dog to bite was never a difficult task. Getting him to understand that what I wanted was mutually beneficial no matter how putrid he found my kind was proving to require a little more skill. He did have, a very small point - Michelle was useful, but not that useful. Nothing a drone couldn’t handle, honestly. But we liked her for other reasons, didn’t we? Oh, wouldn’t he love to hear about her and Lilah? Should I? Was ruining this possible - partnership? Worth it? I smiled as I made a decision - maybe I could have both. I never backed away from a challenge.

Her strategic usefulness isn’t the only reason we keep her around, Mr. Byrne. I’m not sure just how well you know her but your little birdie friend has certain… appetites. I promise you, she enjoys our company just as much as we enjoy hers. The last bit was said as I again brought the glass to my lips and eyed him above the rim. This was just going to get better and better.

The waitress replaced our drinks, and I ignored her presence except to push the old glass toward her and to sweep the next one up into my hand. I’m sorry, Vincent, I cocked my head to the side with an overly fake, fang bearing endearing smile. I’ve gone too far, haven’t I? You know what they say about us old ladies, we just don’t have a filter anymore and we loooove gossip.

Back to top Go down

Vincent Sawyer Byrne | Wolf; Pack Master/Alpha

Posted on Sun Apr 23, 2017 8:26 pm

She was infuriating.

And yeah, maybe I'd gone off point. I was here to hear what she had to say, but had done nothing to allow her to speak her mind. I guess keeping an open mind was going to be harder than I thought. Her very presence had my muscles tense... Since she'd shown up I felt like I'd been constantly fighting this instinctive desire to rip her fucking face off. Even now, just looking at her, my stomach was aching from how hard I was trying to keep myself from giving her the ultimate ''fuck you'' and shifting right here and now.

I just sat back, laughing ironically... And then angrily. It sickens me to think how similar we truly are. If you only knew... It likely wouldn't change anything though, would it? Knowing what made you and I alike? You could swear off the cliche vampire attitude, live your life as a fucking nun, and I'd still feel compelled to rip off your limbs with my teeth. You can put a pile of trash on display at a jewelry store, but just because it's pretending to be a diamond, that doesn't make it any less than a piece of trash. My lip curled up in disgust as I looked at her.

Oh, you can fuck off with the condescending bullshit. I added as I waited for her to ''dumb it down'' for me. And followed with another look of disgust as she licked her lips. And why the fuck would you care about rebuilding our numbers? Picky eater? Not enough options for you? What the fuck was this? Was I really sitting here and listening to this garbage? Fuck it, I shifted in my seat, leaning over with my elbows propped onto the table, and my hand comfortably resting around my fist. Fine, you know what, I don't give a fuck, I'm just dying to know what your plan is. I wanna know exactly why you want to defy your ''masters'' or whatever the fuck you wanna call them. She'd hooked me, but I wouldn't stay interested for long.

I started growling at what came next. What the fuck was that supposed to mean? When it started to sink in... I covered my mouth with my fist, squeezing hard in an attempt to keep my claws from emerging... It didn't work, and blood trickled from my palm, down my arm. My other hand was putting holes into my seat. I had to have known... I guess maybe I did once, on some level I knew but I'd simply forgotten... It had been important, but not that fucking important. She was free to do what she wanted, but that didn't change the fact that it fucking disgusted me. But even I couldn't completely turn on her. My enemies weren't her enemies. She wasn't loyal to me, or I to her, beyond drinks, video games, and the random chat. And in some ways, the fact that she was so fucked up that she was seeking out the company of fangers... That was just as important to me as her safety. Fuck... Now that was a fucked up thought.

Fuck you. The scowl on my face said it all. Is this a fucking game to you? Provoking me? Is it a fucking test? I asked, eyes filled with fury. I didn't feed on this rage... Someone else did... Someone deep inside... And everytime I felt like this I just knew... The wolf and her were fighting for who would get to surface and consume that hatred... Or spread it further. That's when it hit me... Do you... Know? She couldn't possibly have known that rage was Lilith's trigger... She couldn't... I shot up, gripping the ancient by her throat. Are you trying to bring her out?! I growled, fangs fully emerged, and claws digging into the skin of her neck.

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics