setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Private] Waiting to Die - Page 3

[Private] Waiting to Die

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: [Private] Waiting to Die

Vincent Sawyer Byrne | Wolf; Pack Master/Alpha

Posted on Mon May 08, 2017 12:46 pm

I scrunched my nose and curled my lip up in disgust. This vampire was everything I hated, not just as a vampire, but as an individual. She had a superiority complex the size of Jupiter and was condescending as fuck. If I was so fucking stupid, then why the fuck was she wasting her time with me? Was she really that desperate? Was she really so completely out of fucking options that she had to resort to allying with a stupid wolf? Fuck her, she needed me, that was obvious, why the fuck else would she have come to me? And yeah, I needed her too, but I'd already gotten when I needed from her, so as far as I was concerned, I had all the fucking leverage here.

Oh I know it can be true, that's not what this is about. I don't expect, or even want you to ''prove'' yourself to me, because I know, there's only one way you can and once that alliance is formed, there's no taking it back. I'm simply sitting here, and trying to figure out if I'm feeling stupid enough today to give you that chance or not. Because once that handshake happens, you could pleasantly surprise me, which let's be fucking honest here, that's incredibly unlikely, or, things could end up really fucking worse for me. Really, I'm just trying to figure out which scenario leaves me on top, and you on the bottom, because as far as I can tell, you don't seem to get fucked either way. I, however, potentially have everything to lose, even if this ''thing'' doesn't go sour. Not that I needed to fucking spell it out for her, she knew exactly how little she had to lose... She also knew that even meeting with her could potentially lead to me losing my entire fucking world.

I leaned back, my eyes narrowing and head raised tall. But inside? Inside I was screaming. How the fuck did she know? I didn't like this, I didn't like any of this. The last thing you wanted to do was get in business with someone smarter than yourself. I was smart enough to know that. And, I wasn't so stupid to pretend I was mentally superior than her either, just because I hated her. Trust me, she may have had the brains, but that didn't make her any better. As far as I was concerned, she was still trash.

I laughed. I'm not saying I don't believe you. But maybe you can prove yourself after all. Let me guess? You make us stronger by feeding us that putrid shit you call blood? Or is it something else? I imagine if it's some kind of fucking concoction, you'd expect payment? Money? Pups? I mean, if none of this shit is true, then prove it. Make me stronger. I didn't mean it of course, but fuck, if she could prove it, maybe I'd be more willing to listen. It wasn't like I had anything to lose in this particular scenario, not my life anyway. I mean just being here could potentially cause me to lose the faith of my pack, so why the fuck shouldn't I get something out of it? No, your gift helped plenty. I'm on a daily routine of ass flavored shots straight from the glass. I'd thank you, but honestly, I don't have much faith in this shit anyway. Remind me if it works, I'll happily dish out a half-assed ''thanks'' then.

Admittedly, my eyes did travel to her chest, but her scent filling my nose even made it impossible for me to feel anything but disgust at the sight of them. Fuck, at least Luxx had that going for her. She could piss me off and I could mildly numb the fury with a glance at her tits or ass. The Ancient however? If there was any action in my pants, it was the feeling of my dick shriveling up and my sperm committing mass suicide.

Now, now she finally said something substantial. I felt the hairs on my arms stand on end, my body reacting before I even opened my mouth. I leaned forward abruptly, eyes wide and locked on hers. What the fuck do you know of the collars?! I asked, but it sounded more like an order. They can be deactivated?! This was something that I imagined came with a really fucking big price tag, and surprisingly... It was something I would have paid anything for. I was already scanning through all of the names of those we knew were collared... Not to mention the countless others. I'll fucking do anything just tell me. I hated this, I hated how pleading my voice sounded, I hated how weak it made me look, but I meant it. I would have done anything for that information. I'd fucking put a hit on her head if I had to, just to find out how to save those that were enslaved.

I regretted my impulse to rage. I regretted it one hundred percent. The last thing I wanted to do was squash any opportunity I might have had to save my collared brothers and sisters. And strangely enough, I actually believed her this time, and slowly released my grip on her as I sat back down. There's no way she could have possibly known my trigger? Right? She... She knew other things though... Things people didn't know about... Secrets kept by myself... Secrets kept by Camille, Jonah, and the Witch... She... She knew?

Back to top Go down

Gayle Shaffer | Vampire; Ancient

Posted on Tue May 09, 2017 3:39 pm

The more words I heard the more it sounded like someone who was debating with himself. I heard within his words even a small percentage of him that actually even considered my offer. I made a decision, to make an even further effort to reach across the table, if you could consider the beginning of this meeting an effort. It was, but it surely didn’t look like it. Even for me, alpha wolf was a delicacy and one I hadn’t had since Odin. I could have an endless supply of blood beside me and it would only remind me how much I wanted to drink him. I wouldn’t even play with him first. I would just grip him like an anaconda and drink until I drowned.

I suppose, it would help if I revealed a number of things to you, but first more to drink. We both could use it. Since his outburst, no one wanted to come near our table. Disappointing since I assumed so many of my kind visited a place like this and such events shouldn’t have been entirely rare. I removed myself from the table and walked intently toward the bar, baring my fangs to the bartender as she attempted to stop me. Her eyes grew wide and she took a step back out of my way. I grabbed the Jack Daniels (which I could smell distinctly) and the first bottle of gin I could find, and brought them back to the table, setting the whiskey in front of the alpha and screwing the lid from my gin as I returned to my seat. The service here is dreadful.

I’m glad you have the capacity, the endurance to stick around, wolf. Because I do have much to say to you. But I want to make one thing clear. I don’t know what you hillbilly hot dogs consider a delicacy, but remember that you are mine. I took a sip of the gin, wincing. Of course I’d taken the cheapest possible piss they had. And I am like no other you have come across. I can promise you that. Before you say anything, I know your predicament. I know you cannot die. But I can place you at the bottom of the Marianas fucking trench and your life will be nothing but repetition of instant death. I sighed, unnecessarily, but for effect and for my own experience. Now that that’s out of the way, I will be frank with you. I didn’t kill your predecessor because I was hungry. And I wouldn’t say I was doing you a favor; I would say that still has to be determined by you and yours. Blissful ignorance might have been the smarter route to go. But I couldn’t have an alpha siding with the Supremacy. I didn’t want a thank you, I wanted to not only proclaim, but I wanted to prove that I knew his enemy.

I contemplated giving up even more, including information about one of his newest pups; the one who sat in my opinion spoiled and fat in my basement. It hadn’t been my plan to tell him this way. But it had always been a card in my back pocket and it appeared to be useful. It’s not something that is instant. But I can show you. I know how you’ll want to react, but just think about the cold, heavy bottom of the ocean floor before you speak. Another drink of the putrid drink they labeled as Gin, and my tooth pierced my lip. Was it like chewing gum? Something in your mouth to placate you until you could really satisfy yourself? Our server was definitely going to bring me dinner and not in the way she had planned. I can’t remember what you call him. His name is Giovanni Reyes, and he’s safe. He’s where he wants to be, believe me. Funny how I thought dogs were meant to be loyal. I attempted to suck on my lip further but it had already healed. But he’s ready. I can bring him back to you and you’ll find he’s much stronger than he should be at this point. If you can obtain his loyalty then you’ll have a strong fighter on your side. All without him having to taste my blood, don’t worry. Although it is the active ingredient.

Sliding back in my seat, a smug grin spread across my lips. When it comes to the Supremacy you’re a rent-a-cop and I’m the fucking FBI so you’ll want to listen. I leaned forward, and knew why I’d saved this card for last. I knew it was exactly what he needed and it was not a false promise that I had it in my hand almost, waiting for him. I know about the collars because they were mine first. Not meant for your friends, honestly. It was meant for… It wasn’t guilt that made me hesitate but the inconvenience of my “career” choice. any unruly specimen. Not at all limited to wolves. One stolen blueprint later and you have your situation. My people have a few of the collars. From what we can tell there are a few versions, some more advanced than others. None that we haven’t easily disabled. I gave the gin one more shot and pushed the rancid bottle away, the disgust obviously displayed on my face.

Now, what you’ve wanted to hear and what I’m sure will fill your little head with joy. There is something I don’t know. I didn’t have many flaws to admit but this was one. Until recently, I was like you likely are. Very hesitant to work with other species. I wanted self-reliance, and because of that I have little knowledge of what those fruity magicians can do when it comes to Lilith. They had reason to be wary of me, they had reason just as Vincent not to want to be chummy with the first meeting. They disgusted me and I never once tried to fight that fact. I never tried to fight my nature on it. I didn’t need to. I want to know things, details. What has to happen? Can she be killed or is she being sent to live in a fucking mason jar?

Back to top Go down

Posted on Wed May 10, 2017 12:28 pm

Yes, finally. Fucking reveal something that means something. Sure, she was probably playing a mental game, it was probably built into her fucking DNA. It was likely she didn't even know she was doing it, it was so much a part of her. Coming here, stating vague shit, I wasn't even sure if she wanted a fucking alliance she'd been so vague, and she'd hardly given me anything to go off of. Maybe wasting my fucking time was a part of her game. Who fucking knew.

I hadn't expected her to disappear, but when she did, I felt myself exhale and my body go limp. I hadn't even realized how tense I'd been in her presence, or how shallow my breathing had become. I was practically gasping for air, my muscles ached and burned, I was even fucking sweating and it wasn't hot in here either... There was an obvious fact that I didn't want to acknowledge. And this fact was likely the source of my unease, shallow breathing, and tense muscles. I was her prey. Admitting it was fucking painful. Maybe I didn't like feeling weak in comparison... Maybe I was just overconfident... Maybe, maybe, maybe, there were a million of those damn ''maybes'' in my head. But none of them could make me feel any bigger when I thought back to that fact, that I was food to her.

When she returned, my eyes went wide at the bottles in her hands. She was either intuitive, or I'd drank so much in my life that I'd stopped sweating sweat, and started sweating brown liquor. I didn't even voice a thank you, and I surely didn't hesitate at the gesture. I took the bottle like it was a glass of water sitting on a rock in the middle of the Sahara. I drank from it just as thirstily too. Guzzling it like it really was water. Really, it was the only thing that got me through the speech that followed. My emotional mental roller coaster ride even left me feeling queasy and nauseous as hidden little bombs were dropped in between her threats, insults, and random nuggets of useful information. How she knew half the shit she knew about, I didn't know, but it didn't surprise me either. Not as much as it probably should have. Her kind had been known to stalk me, to watch me, to track me, all without my knowing, so it came as barely any surprise at all that she was in tune with some of my deepest and darkest secrets... But that didn't mean I felt okay about it...

Do you want a thank you for that? I asked, in reference to Odin. He was a treacherous little snake, but his life, and his ability to live it, would have changed mine for the better, Ancient. And it's not just about me, because me becoming what I became... It affected others deeply and terribly even if they don't realize it. It's even fucking affected you. Why else would you be here having conversations about Lilith and the Supremacy? She wasn't entirely to blame. Odin's death would have still sealed my fate. Postponing it wouldn't have changed a thing. But it was true. His death was the starting point for the Lilith show, and had he still been alive, I wasn't certain things would be quite as grim as they'd become... Even more importantly, his execution should have been a pack decision... It should have been a pack obligation. It shouldn't have involved her at all.

Her threats only got worse, and all of the tales I'd heard of this all powerful ancient had left out all of her dominating flaws. Maybe she was an excellent negotiator among her own kind, but she clearly didn't know jack all about negotiating with wolves. My eyes widened at the name that left her lips, though. Kato... A name I hadn't thought of in a while, and maybe that was intentional. Maybe it wasn't... I'd always assumed he'd been picked off with the others. The massacre wasn't the first... Wolves had been picked off for years before the massacre finally happened. And I just assumed he'd been one of those wolves. Found in the wrong place at the wrong time. And even more sickening, was my first gut reaction to her mentioning his name. A reaction I didn't even feel comfortable repeating in my thoughts. No... He was pack, he was valuable, he was family. I want him back. I said bluntly. I don't give a fuck if he's eating caviar and sleeping on a down mattress, I want him back, he is a part of my pack and he deserves his freedom. If your fucked teachings and brain washing haven't ruined him forever I'll be fucking surprised. I couldn't imagine he wanted to stay with her. If I had the luxury, I'd have cut my wrists and bled out before a week was up in her captivity.

So you've made him a bomb, then. Taken him as a newly turned wolf I suspect? Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. Like a fucking chick being raised by gators, you have his loyalty now, and now you wanna pass him off to me before the fuse gets too hot, am I right? Fuck it, I wanna see him. I demand to see him. She was fucking sick. I no longer wanted her to make me stronger. I was stronger without her toxic concoctions and experiments. If anything, it'd weaken me. She'd have to take me by fucking force. And still... Even in the midst of my hostility, I couldn't help but think of the advantages to a stronger pack. Not just one that trains, not just one that has a reason to fight, but a pack made physically stronger. With abilities reaching levels they'd never met before... Was it wrong for the idea to be enticing? Even more importantly... Was it wrong that my consideration of the idea was written all over my face?

I rolled my eyes... Maybe she was fucking right, but when it came to Lilith, her fucking creator... I was the fucking FBI, and she probably knew it too. I guess I should have known. Your government has a way of stealing things that don't belong to them. Have you considered expanding your security department? I asked sarcastically. Whatever lady, get to the point. What's it gonna cost me to obtain this information? You wanna sip from my wrist? Fucking take it, just tell me how to disable the collars! I was growing impatient with her. And admittedly, I would have signed my name over in blood to her for the information I was after. It was true, my life meant nothing, that was my job as an Alpha. I'd accepted that long ago. And I would happily become her slave, become her ally, become her meal, anything she wanted for that information. And the worst part, was my expression said it all. Not even I could take that back... Compulsion wasn't going to get me out of that one...

I sat back in my seat smugly and crossed my arms. She was right, it did fill me with joy. But that joy quickly extinguished when I realized I didn't have the answer to her question. I don't know. I said honestly, annoyed at how defeated I sounded. Like I said, I don't even know if it'll work. Details have been kept from me. The witch is paranoid, she doesn't want me to know, because she doesn't want Lilith to know... I can give you her number if you'd like? I said sarcastically, again. But this time, I definitely didn't mean it. As skeptical as I was... I didn't want any risk to the witches life. I had to at least give her a chance to fix this. And I knew exactly what that meant for me if it worked, but I just... Didn't... Care.

Back to top Go down

Gayle Shaffer | Vampire; Ancient

Posted on Mon May 15, 2017 11:15 pm

Odin was killed at a time when my ties to the Supremacy were not completely severed, but my campaign against them wasn’t something as petty as revenge. The last few years with them was spent slowly splintering the organization from the inside. My murder of Odin was the revelation to me that they were aware. It was the final severing thrust separating me from their hold. But I didn’t feel regret when it came down to it. Did I ask for gratitude? You don’t listen, do you? While I refuse to apologize, I acknowledge that you would have been better in blissful ignorance. It wasn’t a complete mistake, and there were certain easy benefits I reaped being the one to pull the trigger so to speak. If I hadn’t, someone else would have. Do you know how many times I’ve dined on alpha? I pursed my lips together, my eyes rolling up toward the ceiling as I mentally tallied the amount I could at least remember. In two and a half millennia, I’d say I’ve had.. Seven, no, eight alphas. I said it as if he cared, as if I was speaking with Lilah or Noelle on a lazy night after a fulfilling meal. I reclaimed the bottle of gin, mirroring the wolf almost and drinking it like water. I knew the more I drank the less putrid it would taste.

Kato? A name that sounded to me like a name given to a family pet. Oh, believe me. I’ve tried. He’s too comfortable. Although, you might be able to lure him with some tacos and a playstation. It doesn’t take too much to make simple kind happy does it? I leaned back in my chair, a soft smile spreading on my lips, as the thought occurred to me. What it do to him? A careful tour of the lab, of course, only the parts I wanted him to see. I’ll be more than happy to schedule a visit. You can see… Kato, and my researcher can give you all the tools you’ll need to disable the collars. Removal, I should inform you, is another ballgame. It’s dangerous however I’m sure you’d rather it be a fashion accessory than a way of life.

I straightened up my posture. That’s the first intelligent thing you’ve said this entire evening. You’re playing it smart about something. I returned to my relaxed posture against the chair, taking the gin in my hand, staring at the label. It was actually growing on me. But it might have been the contrast to this frustrating conversation. I hope you don’t consider it a joke. Her number, and a productive conversation with her are prerequisites to your visit. Your key to the collars and Kato.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Tue May 16, 2017 11:04 pm

This wasn't going to end well. Was I fucking zombie? I had to have been, because I was craving rotting fanger meat like it was steak and I'd just given it up for lent. Fuck I wanted to tear her open. It wasn't just the instinct thing. That was always there, and the amount of times I'd found myself face to face with a fanger had prepared me for this conversation with the Ancient. No, it was something about her specifically. She possessed the kind of toxic stew of personality traits that would send me off the rails even if she didn't wear her specific brand of corpse perfume. Fuck I hated her.

I really fucking hated her.

I listen when you say something worth listening to, Ancient. I glared, arms crossed, and felt oddly like a toddler throwing a tantrum, so I tried to do everything in my power to appear more threatening. Is that supposed to scare me? I'm trembling. I intentionally spoke over her as she all but pulled out her fingers to count them off. This is the fucking problem with you. You're trying to keep balance on your fucking high horse, but you can't fight it anymore than I can. You fucking hate me as much as I hate you. Maybe you're ancient panties are wet at the idea of tearing open my throat, but don't fucking forget it, leech, there's a beast in me too, and he wants to tear open yours just as ravenously. You can't hide behind your immortality with me, fanger... My voice lowered, ...We both know you're not the only one capable of cheating death. Fuck, if I could stomach being around a witch or warlock without breaking out into a hungry sweat, I'd probably hire one of the Necromancy breed to accompany me to meetings like this. Nothing would make me happier than seeing her have something to fear.

I rolled my eyes. I hated the way she talked about him. I knew she was talking about wolves in general, and that made it all the more annoying. I was done feeding into her game. I wanted to know the fucking price. We both knew she had one, and I wanted to know what it fucking was. Did it hurt? I asked, leaning over the table to look for any indication of pain in her eyes. I mean I should applaud you. Giving me a compliment had to have busted a few blood vessels. That wasn't the way to earn my cooperation either... But even I wasn't sure how she could achieve that anymore. An impossible and unreachable goal.

I reached for the bottle, nearly spitting liquid over the table at what she said next. No. I said bluntly, wiping my mouth with the back of my hand. I want Kato released, preferably with whatever ''brainwashing'' you've caused reversed. I want to see you remove a collar before you show me how it's done so I know you're not just talking out your ass, and then I'll schedule a meeting with the Witch. If you think you're getting her number you really are fucking insane. I wasn't promising anything either. I said I'd schedule a meeting, I didn't say I'd guarantee her arrival. That was up to her, I hardly had any fucking say over what she did or didn't do, and considering what she was doing for me, I didn't exactly have any chips to bargain with either.

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics