setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Private] The Demented Undead - Page 3

[Private] The Demented Undead

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: [Private] The Demented Undead

Helios Tallon | Army of God; Chief

Posted on Sat Jun 03, 2017 5:57 am

Promises made by others? Or your own? I asked, my voice quieter this time. Coincidences were signs. When faced with a wolf of all beings, discussing faith, and feeling somehow smaller for breaking promises I had not only made to God, but to my family, my leaders, my charges... Darkness truly had claimed my heart in some ways. I was a man, a hunter, and yet, I still could not figure out how to defeat my own demons. I fought them every day, and now I would continue to fight them, while aiding one in the flesh. Maybe those demons had already won... Maybe I just refused to believe it.

Maybe... I laughed, but it was quiet and short lived. It is of course better to be confident than arrogant. Both words likely applied to me, I was not exempt from bad traits. Most of them had just become masters at hiding from others and myself. I will, indeed... Rock... Your world? It was not very assuring. I failed to understand the relevance of saying, and how it applied to the topic in which we were discussing. I can do that for you. One reinforced with silver was undoubtedly required. Lucky for her... She had come to the right place for such a request.

All souls are. It is the soulless and damned that need to fear losing touch. I did not know her at all, but in many ways that was not true. However I did feel I had one good quality that was not dwarfed by the bad. Intuition. Wolf or no wolf, her heart was pure... But even dark and evil hearts could be pure for all of the wrong reasons and in all of the wrong ways. Which category she fell into I could not know... Not until her desire to consume death, the blood of evil was removed.

I cannot say... This topic was one that I knew nothing of. I could answer her questions to the best of my ability, with the best of my knowledge, but that did not change the fact that until I understood the situation better, I would not be able to provide her any answers worth hearing. Seeing the symbol myself, however, would be a good start. ...In my experience, people hide what they are ashamed of, not what they are proud of. Again, it was the best I could provide her. My desire to help her further made no difference. However... Dark and sinister reasons also exist. Fear, a desire to protect... My voice died down, and I thought of how deeply those reasons were connected to myself.

Agreed... I nodded, though she could not see it, pulled myself to my feet... And exited confessional.

Back to top Go down

Lilith Alysbury | Wolf; Warlord/Battlelord

Posted on Tue Jun 06, 2017 2:42 am

Already knew the shitty answer I had to give to that question but it had me thinking about promises others had made to me. Whether at any point they had been broken. Not one. Not a single damn one. I’d lied, cheated and found loopholes around my own but others had never returned the favor. “My own. Only my own. Never trust a Lone Wolf. I lived by that code so viciously that I almost went out of my way to make a promise knowing that I wasn’t going to keep it.” I hadn’t been lying when I’d said I didn’t deserve redemption because this all pointed to that very fact. I had been aware that I was an untrustworthy asshole and had relished in the fact. “I’ve kept some. Some I shouldn’t have. I promised those I loved that I would always love them and they are dead now because of it. Really it’s just a sign that I shouldn’t make promises any more. Knowing that I can’t and won’t keep them.” Cease and desist. Wouldn’t have to feel bad about any of it if I just stopped doing it. No more sorry’s, apologies that fell on deaf ears. No more corpses piling up because Luxx couldn’t keep her heart in check.

“Whats the difference? Isn’t arrogance just the whiny babies way of trying to turn confidence into a negative trait to make themselves feel better about their lack thereof?”
I didn’t really see the issue in over confidence. That lead to lessons that could be learned or likewise opened doors to miracles. Revealing things about oneself through pushing the limits of what should be doable and acceptable. I’d been told often that I was arrogant but if I could back up what I was saying how did anyone have any feet to stand on in that argument? There were a few things that I would rightly shove down people's throats when given the chance and it was primarily because I knew I had the chops to follow up. Though really a time had come now to stop talking about how great I was at X and X and just show these fuckers. Not that I was going to have much of a chance now. The skyrocketing battle readiness of the pack, however, would at least show that I wasn’t a complete blowhard when it came to the fact I knew I was a great Warlord.

The soulless and the damned. Fuck. Well, I knew I had a soul. There's no way I could connect to the Ancestors without one. The damned part. Debatable. I’d heavily considered it when holding Vega’s head in my lap. It was yet another excuse though. Another little set of quotations I was trying to sew onto my name. Even if I was, then it would be my own doing. A punishment in the line of many, for the times I hadn’t done what I was meant to do. Didn’t matter if it was true. I was in control of how I acted knowing certain facts. I could take the selfish route or climb up to the high road. It was my choice. I made the decisions. No-one was pulling my strings. Wasn’t going to say a word to Father Tallon about whether or not I was or wasn’t serving time for past indiscretions. I didn’t want to give him a single reason to go back on his word and not feel quilty about it. Having a Wolf that had multiple curses leveled down on her head was probably not one his Lord on high would give any fucks about. Therefore releasing him from any promises he’d made using his name or whatever the fuck religious types like my Priest did.

Ashamed of. That was fucking Onyx in a nutshell. He seemed to be at odds with goddamn everything. Fuck. Reminded me of me. Was that why I liked his company? Urgh. Don’t think about that Luxx. Can of fucking worms. To get rid of any torrents of unanswered questions. Pieces that didn’t fit. Didn’t make sense, I pulled out my notebook and began effortlessly drawing the symbol. I was no artist but damn you’d think I designed it myself in some graphic studio. Didn’t even need to see the paper, or the pen really. Everything about it was now part of me. Just as I was finishing the scribble I heard him shift in the confessional. Oooo. I was a tad excited about this. Others physical appearances never really had the impact I expected they were meant to. I was more Wolf than human so smell, taste, sound had far more leverage. I could appreciate, of course, I wasn’t blind. Just banked more on sensations that others didn’t pay attention to. Wasn’t going to be a pleasant experience for him, but I was going to enjoy every second.

Waiting till footsteps sounded out around the corner of the box I rose from my seat, shoving the notebook back into my cloak and slowly pulled back the door. Standing in front of him. A frail broken blackbird. With all the dramatics of a Wolf I had once been, now a shadow of, I lifted my downcast head. Reaching up with knarled skinny fingers to my hood. Hands blanched as white as the bone that shifted beneath the paper thin skin marred with scratches and wounds. Nails were bitten so far back that scar tissue had begun to form on the tips. They were bad enough and I wasn’t going to be able to hide them when I stood in front of Onyx soon. At least none would get to see my face. Raising my gaze to Father Tallon as I peeled back the hood, I smiled. Knowing it was a nightmare to behold. His own face was warm and all the colors of the scents that drifted off his person. If I imagined him, this would have been what I would have seen. Unfortunately, I couldn’t return the favor.

My gums had begun to retract away from my teeth, giving my appearance a very clear comparison to a rotting corpse. Eyes larger than life settled in the oubliettes that were now my sockets. The galaxy of colors that existed in the iris were gone, almost completely eclipsed by cataracts that effected my vision. No amount of carrots were going to return my night sight to me. Lips cracked and bleeding from speaking far too much. All tone and luster vacant from my skin. Reduced to just a featherlight covering over what lay beneath. A filigree of bloodvessels spiraled out from my temples, down my neck. The hollow of my cheeks harsh and unapologetic. My hair had begun to fall out. A noticeable bald spot in the front. The blonde tresses lifeless and as colorless as everything else. “You look as handsome as you smell. Don’t bother to try and say something nice about what you see Priest. I know I look like hell and believe me, I feel like it too.”

Back to top Go down

Helios Tallon | Army of God; Chief

Posted on Wed Jun 07, 2017 2:17 am

But I trust you. I replied simply, calmly, and without whisper. It was not a complete lie, there were already many parts of this creature that I trusted based on brief conversations, and the heart she had, but seemed so desperate to prove she did not. I found little purpose in coming to confession only to lie. What impact would that have on her life? To meet my presence with fictitious admissions? What could she possibly gain from the experience? To her I was likely nothing but a man bound to a holy sense of morality, living my life under the thumb of kindness and openness out of obligation. There was no reason for her to lie to me, and for that reason, I did not believe she had.

There are promises you can keep. I am sure of it. Is it not a promise you made to yourself to seek help for your addiction? Are not here now, keeping that promise? There is no shame in starting a journey to honesty inward, in fact, it is the best and only place to start. I knew all too well about loving and losing. In fact, I had written a line of my own vows for that very purpose. Losing so many that I loved due to what I did... Lenny was a cold reminder of why I had made a vow to always be close, but never too close. How devastating and unfair it was that he had to die to teach me a lesson I had already learned...

Maybe it is. It was all I could say, because for the first time in a long time, I had been stumped. I could not even think of a situation in which I could compare the two words. While I would not have worded it so harshly, I did see her point...

When stepping foot out of confession, I tried my best to leave my worries inside that confined space. For a time, that was possible. I could breathe. But as I got older, the harder it became to just tuck everything into that box. That confined space was so full now, I could not help but carry my worries right out with me. They were with me now, as I stood, gently gripping my fist with my hand, staring at the toe of my shoes. Not a soul would have guessed how plagued I was with those worries, but that could not be said about her, now could it? Her worries had escaped her mind, and begun gnawing on her skin, eating away at what I had imagined were once full and lively features, shrinking her skin down to bone and rotting her from the inside out. I did not judge her for her appearance, I grieved for her. Her pain had come through her words, whether she had intended for it to, or not. I could recognize pain in those that liked to shield it. But I had never imagined her suffering to be so apparent, so heartbreakingly obvious.

I did not say a word of it. I just greeted her with a warm smile, ignoring the strange feeling in my stomach when she mentioned my smell. That will all change soon. I promise. I reassured her, not tearing my eyes away from hers for a moment.

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics