setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Private] The Demented Undead

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Helios Tallon | Army of God; Chief

Posted on Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:18 am

He hasn't done a thing in months... The first few weeks, I was worried, now... Now I'm just scared.

He just needs time, Grace. Losing a charge is hard, even on a Priest.

He's lost plenty of charges, Father, why is this one hitting him so hard?

If there's anything I can teach you, it's that we don't get to decide which ones hurt more, and which ones hurt less.

You know that isn't true. Not for him. I heard he came from home base. I also heard how they train their hunters... I've even met a few myself. And I know that training of Priests at home base are particularly more... Involved...

Grace...

I get it... I get it, Father. But I need training, I'm losing charges too, and without Father Tallon, I'm only going to lose more...

My head was resting against the corner of the confessional. A tired feeling lingered in my eyes, and my once impeccable posture was weighed down by my own guilt. I sat slumped, gently running my finger tips over the callouses that scattered across my palms. I did not actually need to even be here, but something about the darkness felt more inviting. The conversation taking place outside of the confessional only facilitated this idea that because I was grieving, because inside I was feeling dark, I physically belonged in the shadows. Self pity was not endearing on anyone. But if I had learnt anything from my own actions, I'd learnt that despite knowing something was wrong or repugnant, I still managed to find a way to choose the wrong path.

I was not even certain it was about Lenny anymore, but about what Lenny represented. I had grieved for him, but Grace was right. I was trained by home base, and their methods were not for the weak of heart or faint of mind. I was specifically trained and equipped to deal with moments just like this one. When charges are lost, when those I am sworn to protect go unprotected... When those I am meant to keep alive, are killed.

It was him. The one that had tormented Lenny and myself until he grew bored, and murdered one of his play things. It was the fact that the one he chose to eliminate was Lenny, and not myself. Which only further proved that every action and inaction was a meticulous plan at the mind of the demented undead. He had wanted me to break my oath, to violate my personal vows. He had wanted me to bond with Lenny. Chasing him for decades was not enough, he wanted to display his strength, and reassure myself, and himself that he still had the upper hand. That no matter how hard I tried, how many people I refused to love, he could still find a way to rip away that love, and I was powerless to stop it.

This was about vengeance for me, I had accepted that long ago. It, too, was a broken vow. But pretending this was anything other than a vendetta was dishonest. So I admitted it to myself, over and over again. I had even admitted it to my mentor, it was precisely what had put me on probation during the time I had left Lenny unprotected. My own honesty... The right thing, had become the wrong thing. Had I not said a word, had I not been put on probation, had I not left at all, I could have protected him.

Back to top Go down

Re: [Private] The Demented Undead

Lilith Alysbury | Wolf; Warlord/Battlelord

Posted on Thu May 11, 2017 11:35 pm

Lils is in THAT black hooded cloak, you know the one *waggles eyebrows*. First part is flashback.

"Granny, why do you go in that box with the priest?” Grandma patted my curls and smiled her crooked smile. She hated her teeth but I didn’t. They made her look like an animal of some kind. Like Finn’s wolf. Made it even better when she told me my favorite bedtime story. Little Red Riding Hood. The girl Goldilocks even had hair like mine. I wanted to grow mine long, like in her pictures. He listens to my problems, my dreams and lifts the burden of sins lilipet. My small fingers lifted the Vanilla lollipop to my mouth nodding my head enthusiastically. Grandma always gave me one when we went to church on Sundays. She said Momma used to come with her when she was a little girl but she didn’t anymore because she was a Jezebelle. Whatever that meant. We hadn’t spoken about what had happened. How Finn was now dead and I wasn’t allowed to stay with Momma anymore. I had spoken to lots of people in suits. Policeman who had taken him away. Women who had asked me how I was feeling. I overheard them telling Grandma that the abuse had stunted my growth. Did that mean I was meant to be taller?

"Maybe I should talk to him then.” Removing the lollipop from my mouth I licked my lips and looked over to the box. Small places frightened me. I’d been locked in closets, hidden under beds and had even once been left for two days in the shed because I had dropped a six pack of beer, broken two of the bottles, when bringing in the groceries. They were heavy. I didn’t mean to. If you want to lilipet then maybe you should. He will listen. He won’t judge and he will help remind you of how beautiful you are. I smiled brightly. I’d been told lots over the past week how pretty I was. Hadn’t heard that before.

And wouldn’t be hearing it again. Sitting in a corner of the church I had a notebook resting in my lap. Keeping a diary was so not me. Even as a child and a teenager I had never been one for owning a fluffy pink journal with a heart shaped lock. Would have had few good things to write in its pages anyway. I suppose in a way if I had been one for writing I would have provided the cops with more evidence against the man who had liked to call himself my Father. Anything I would have documented in my teenage years would have just reminded me later of how much of a piece of shit my Mother was. Most humans were utter trash. Before I would have blanketed them all under the same fuck stained tarp but now more than ever I was aware that not all of them were just Happy Meal boxes with legs. Wonder what the Priest. Debo, Logan and Michelle would think about being referred to as a cheeseburger and fries. Some clergy were speaking and I half listened to their conversation. I’d entered some time ago and sat so deathly still it was easy for humans to overlook me. I heard words, but didn’t comprehend any until I heard Father Tallon. Was that who I had been talking to? Why did their voices sound so concerned? Wishing I had actually paid attention I waited for them to leave.

Instictively tugging the hood down over my face further I began reading over what would potentially be my last entry. Holding a pen was becoming difficult. Don’t know why I had managed to make myself believe that I was more use on the blood than I was without it. All the boosts to my physical presence were gone now. Heightened senses remained but I was slow, stiff and in constant pain. Useless on the battlefield. My yellow eyes counted for naught now. Walking into the church was like stepping into another world. One I felt I didn’t belong in but still felt a sense of comfort from. A place where memories of my Grandmother came rushing to the surface. Vega had reminded me of her. They didn’t look anything alike but there was that same feeling of unconditional acceptance.

I had wanted to make notes of how this affected me but I feel now that they would have been clouded by how great it felt early on. Yes, I was disgusted. I didn’t choose to drink Fanger blood it was forced upon me. I chose to continue and to not fight it. At first I was faster and stronger. Senses were awesome, still are. As soon as I drank I felt like nothing could touch me. I was a better warrior when high. I ignored what it was doing to me. The nightmares and daytime hallucinations that I came to enjoy. Coughing up blood. Injuring myself. Watching my skin turn pale, my hair lose its color and then begin falling out. I’ve lost so much weight from being unable to eat I don’t look like me anymore. I barely sleep. The pain is like nothing else. Feeling my body rot. Time has little meaning now but I think I’ve been a junkie for eight months. What hurts the most? Is I can no longer shift. I’m more Vampire than I am Wolf.

My bitten fingernails began to bleed, staining the page, so I stopped. Don’t even know why I was doing this. Who I was intending on giving it to. Ripping the page from the notebook I folded it slowly and slid it into my boot. At least when I took them off I would find it, just in case I forgot I’d written it in the first place. Getting up from my seat I finally moved over to the confessional box. It wasn’t even that time of day but I picked up on his scent before even opening the little door. Settling down inside I wondered if I should bother going through the theatrical motions. “Forgive me Father…Tallon is it?...Fuck it, you know I actually googled to find out what I’m actually meant to say but I’ve forgotten it now. Pretty sure I’m also not meant to say fuck in a house of God….but whatever. I’m a sinner. Yadda yadda. I know it’s not confessional time but this church reminds me of my Grandmother and I like you.” Fuck me that sounded perverted. Saying that to a priest. “Which is actually a pretty big deal because I don’t like humans.” Not entirely true now. Even a liar in a bloody church. Shouldn’t I be bursting into flames right about now? “I don’t even know if you remember me. What we talked about. I wasn’t even serious back then. Bet you could tell.” It had all been a game. One that had gotten serious really quickly. “Have no idea if you just thought I was crazy either. Tell me Father Tallon, if that is your title, do you believe in the existence of the Supernatural?”

Back to top Go down

Posted on Fri May 12, 2017 10:43 am

Faith, even for a priest, could be a delicate thing. Some lose it in greater things, like God. Times get hard, and others lose it in hope. Repeatedly bad situations are known for eliminating faith first, and as it is the foundation of all hope, it is easy to feel lost... Foundations crumble... And it's far easier and quicker to tear down a building than it is to rebuild. I suppose that was why it was not entirely uncommon for people to spiral. Patience was a virtue, but it also did not come natural to all.  So why not enjoy the ride down? It was a silly notion, I knew it. How could one possibly enjoy the ride down when the bottom was filled with fire and rusted nails? That was a question I could not even answer, or begin to explain.

I was, admittedly surprised to hear another entering the adjacent box. I'd expected it to be Grace, she was a sweet girl, fighting for the loss of her parents. She was honorable in her vows to our cause, and she was strong. But also... She was not hardened like the rest of us, and it pained me to see this sweet girl lose the light that made her so valuable to the rest of the world. That was the true reason I had not trained her. I did not feel it was her purpose. I did not feel it was anyones purpose to be poisoned by the same feeling of vengeance that had consumed me. No one ever came back out quite the same...

But it was not Grace. Another voice had greeted me, one I'd come to recognize instantly. The kind of voice I could pick out of a crowd at a boisterous diner. I imagine not. Not that I used such language... But if there was ever a time when I felt it was appropriate to use that kind of language, now would be it. I have not forgotten. My voice was hoarse, and just as any formality had gone out the window with her, it too had disappeared in me. I never forget. Not faces, not names, not dates... And with her, not her voice. Every memory of such things came with a blinding wistful truth. One I could not even think of because of how deeply it pierced.

I perked up at her question. I had of course made my own assumptions about her connection the supernatural. She was not entirely discreet in the past, and it seemed that had not changed. I finally leaned forward, facing straight ahead, life returning to my limbs. If I did not believe in that which others do not, I would not be a priest. Would I, wolf? It was a bold move, but I was feeling particularly bold. Being wrong would hardly be embarrassing, but being right was valuable. Worth the risk. I was bargaining with chips I did not have. A man betting on promises, hoping to win so he would not have to worry about breaking them. But as any man as bankrupt as I... I did not have much to lose.

Back to top Go down

Lilith Alysbury | Wolf; Warlord/Battlelord

Posted on Sun May 14, 2017 6:50 am

He had a point. Kinda. “Believing in the existence of Angels and Miracles is very different to Vampires and Witches but thank fuck that I don’t have to open your eyes to the fact I’m not human. That’s a relief. Don’t have time to do that.” Looking down at my hands I flexed the fingers to watch the skin move over my knuckles. Pale reflections of the bone underneath shone through. Was fascinating as well as being appalling. Had to briefly wonder how he had come to know about the additional humanoid species that shared the planet with humans but it was hardly an important topic of conversation to be having when I was dying. “Feel like a formal introduction is in order though.” Saying this shit to a human was completely crazy but it wasn’t like I was going to live long enough to deal with the consequences. What would a fucking Priest do with the information anyway? Tell his God all about the little white wolf he had a chat to while on his knees praying?

“My human name is Lilith Caroline Alysbury. Though I’ve been going by Lils lately.” My full first name sent a shiver up my spine now. Every time I said it, or heard it, which wasn’t often, the syllables were drawn out, over pronounced, exactly how that shadow woman said it. “My real name is Luxx, Warlord of the Dominion…” Wow. Had been a very long time since I had said that. Felt fucking bizarre. “Though technically I’ve been packless for many years now. Keep your fingers crossed for me Father Tallon that it will soon be Luxx, Warlord of Reprisal.” That was even weirder to say. I’d overheard that’s what the new pack was going to be called. Was nice to see that Onyx was more creative than just calling it, The Pacific Version Two or some shit. Should I give the Priest a brief overview of what the rank title meant? Could I be bothered was the real question. Did it really matter was another thought. Best to stick to what needed to be said. Technically the whole name deal wasn’t required either but strangely I felt like I owed him if he really was going to help me out. That he should at least know who it was he had offered a saving grace to.

“We spoke about my blood addiction. Which I figured you thought was code for snorting coke.” I giggled softly though the sound was cut short with an image of Portia snuffling a line of white powder off the side of a box of cereal. “I’m really addicted to Vampire blood and it really is killing me.” Closing my eyes I banged my head lightly against the back wall of the confessional box. “Never intended on detoxing. Was feeding you a line of bullshit when I said I would come back and see you when I decided on the right time.” Hadn’t taken much of that seriously at all. When I’d been driving back into Index from Wisconsin I had run through my options. Was a real sobering thought to realise that I had two. Return to the Priest or go it alone. Wasn’t afraid of actually dying but the thought of my body remaining in some random pit I’d dug sounded degrading. “The thing is Father, I wasn’t joking when I said I would die if I tried to rehab.” What he had agreed to wasn’t as simple as I imagined he thought it would be.

Sighing deeply I rubbed my thin fingers over my cheeks remembering what it felt like to skip the blood. I knew this was going to be the most painful thing I had ever experienced. Was so not looking forward to it. Would likely give him nightmares for years to come. There was great comfort in knowing that he would be the only one to witness it. I was putting great faith in someone whose face I had never seen. Whose full name I didn’t even know. “I’m going to die whether I try to stop or not.” I could just keep going until I went to bed one morning and didn’t wake up. Hah. Now that would be fucked up given where I was now living. It was the cowards way out. Letting the blood win. No, I was going to fight to the last second. “However I have a long list of sins to atone for. This is for me but it’s also for them, though they won’t ever know.” Was fucked that I was dedicating every inch of agony I was going to feel to the pack I was going to be leaving behind. “Forgiveness is your thing right? As a Priest. That’s what this fucking box is for.” Hated enclosed spaces but I didn’t feel horrible when I sat in this one. Had somewhat to do with the pleasant smell that came from Father Tallon himself, if that was his fucking name. “What prompts you to offer redemption? Apologies don’t work for me. Guess Vincent can hear the half lies in my voice.” When I said sorry I wasn’t entirely telling the truth. I wanted to be but I wasn’t. Was fucked.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Mon May 15, 2017 4:15 pm

How bleak it was, to hear those words come from her mouth. At a time like this, I found more belief in vampires, witches, and wolves than I did miracles. It was easy to deny miracles, especially when tragedy always came in such abundant supply, and miracles were as rare as Benitoite. Is that why I was not filled with an impulse to attack whenever she stepped foot into that small adjacent box? Did I feel we were kindred? How low had I truly fallen... Feeling more closely bonded to a beast than God. "Don't become like them, Helios. When hunting monsters, you may find you will lose yourself along the way... And return more beast than man." Wise words from a cruel man. They always found a way to slip into my mind when I least appreciated them.

I suppose other questions should have shocked me into a state of paranoia. Questions that I should have been asking myself. Did she know about me? Did she know what I did to her kind? Did she know of hunters and The Army of God? Did she know who I was?

Did she know what I was?

Perhaps they had been right. Maybe I was getting too old for this now. Maybe I was getting sloppy. Because questions being unanswered did not put up my guard or prepare me. All those questions did was exist, empty, with little purpose or reason. I truly had grown sloppy, having casual conversations with a she-wolf over her trials and tribulations. Providing her penance and guidance as if she was another charge. A lost and hopeless soul looking for redemption just like everyone else. And I truly saw her that way, another fact that should have frightened me but did not. It is nice to formally meet you... Lilith. With such introductions, the wall that separated us felt inappropriate. This was not a place for introductions and casual conversation.

I had specifically chosen to avoid her ''real name''. Living the lie that she was a charge was easier if I could convince myself that she was human. Using her human name was just another blindfold I willingly put on so I could feel better about breaking my vows once more. It became all the more convincing when she used my name, and I had wondered where she had heard it. Had I given it to her? Not remembering was uncharacteristically alarming. "Your body will go first, then your mind, and then your spirit..." I closed my eyes tightly, as if that would erase the thought that had already imprinted itself before my eyes.

It is more my style to keep my fingers laced together for you, rather than my fingers crossed. I said quietly, scanning my brain for my lessons of wolves. Being the top of your class meant nothing. I had tried explaining that to many, but none believed it. I knew about wolves and witches, I knew plenty, but bringing that knowledge to the front of my mind did not come as natural as the lessons I'd learned of vampires. But I did make a mental note, one I would likely forget... Warlord, warlord, warlord. I said the words over and over as if it would convince me of the danger on the other side of the divide.

It did not.

In fact, the first wave of danger I felt followed her giggles. How she could laugh after admitting such a dangerous addiction made me wonder if her mind had succumbed to mania just as my own. Perhaps it was just nervous laughter, camouflaging the true hopelessness and horror that she carried with her. I could not imagine any other feelings consuming those addicted to the blood of death. Is that why you have come? Have you changed your mind? I asked, hopeful that it was not too late to help her. Then disgusted that my first feeling of hope had come now of all times. That hope had actually come in the form of a wolf, in the form of my enemy...

More questions arose shortly after. Was she religious? That was a question I tried to avoid when referencing the supernatural. I felt it belittled my religion, for those born of evil to claim it. But I also felt it disturbing... That I could turn away and kill those that were seeking redemption. Thinking of what we may have had in common was terrifying. So I avoided it, until now... When I was forced to ask myself if she was hoping to seek forgiveness before her time came to an end. What kind of Priest would I be to deny her? And what kind of hunter would I be to allow and help her...

I listened intently, wondering where she was going with it all. And when her final question reached me, I felt an impulse to tell the truth. A selfish truth, the only selfish truth I believed I possessed. But it wasn't entirely selfish, now was it? When I thought back to all of those that had died, and thought forward to all of those that would die... I had to believe there was a place for them, and I had to believe that I was capable of paving the road that lead them to paradise. It was up to them if they wanted to walk it... I could not force them to, but I could encourage them, and I liked to think I did. It is blasphemous to say that evil does not exist. That is the foundation of denying God. But I do not believe evil exists. It is not a being, it is a state of mind. A wound, and all wounds can heal... I began, but quickly reached the point. What prompts me to offer redemption is the same thing that prompts you and everyone to seek it. Because without it, evil is no longer a state of mind that can be healed by men like myself. It is a being, and that is too great a burden for the world carry. I offer you the path to redemption because I believe you truly want it. And it would be far too cruel to offer it for those that want it for all of their misguided reasons, but deny it to those that genuinely want and deserve it.

Was it a lie? It could not be... For if it was then myself being a Priest was a lie. And that is where the conundrum always began... Because if the Priest is not a lie, then the hunter is.

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics