setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Private] An Introduction to Chaos - Page 2

[Private] An Introduction to Chaos

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: [Private] An Introduction to Chaos

Narrative |

Posted on Fri Mar 24, 2017 2:56 am

Let out a sigh of relief. The last time I’d mentioned her name to a strange wolf, or wolves specifically. Apollo and Matrix. It had been like I’d dropped a live snake into their sleeping bags or something. Back then I hadn’t got it. Now I fucking did. There was something off about her. She was confusing as fuck. One minute she was giving me a hug for doing a good job and next she was drunkenly screaming me down for painting a cross over both the symbols spray painted by the crazy fucks who backed her claim to Head Warlord. As well as those that supported Apollo. I mean, that shit was stupid. The only person who got to choose that was standing right in front of me.

A grin leaped on my face, so big that I felt the corners of my mouth strain. Maybe Luxx was right. Onyx would like me. Didn’t matter what pack I’d come from. I stared right into his eyes and the smile on my face faulted and then dropped. Honesty wasn’t a big thing from where I came from. So not saying where I was from was the rule of thumb. Shit, back in the same sinking boat. “Kay, I get that. I’m not a liar.” Why was he saying this? Oh shit! “Oh um…like, Luxx can be cool and all but I’m not down with the….what do you call it?....what did Ozra call it?....smoke and mirrors…that’s it.” She had even told me herself that I needed to distance myself from her. Yeah I was working as a messenger, but I was spreading the word of the Alpha. Not of the Lone who actually ran the show.

“Right….That would be Eco. They’re a pack from Kansas, well I think most of them are from there. They kinda move around a lot. Came with Campervans and shit. Gypsies. Do a lot of farming. Real down to earth types.” That was the Kidd version. Luxx had once referred to them as tree hugging hippies who worshiped tornadoes like they could get sucked up them and be taken to the Ancestors. They had at the time of that comment just told her that they wanted her to greet everyone with 'Moon Blessings'. Which I thought was hilarious. She didn't though, not when she'd just shortly before that been dealing with a dead body. “Lots of them came shortly after you left. The whole Den is jammed packed with their trucks, tents..but Luxx has been working with them every morning to rebuild the buildings up there, repair stuff….shes a bit shit with a hammer just saying.” He wanted honesty? Then I was gonna lay it on thick. Would never in a million years tell her she couldn’t wield tools as good as she thought. Never knew what version of the Warlord I was gonna get.

“Stuff gets burnt down all the time though, if we go off the path then you can have a look if you want?” Man this was weird. Telling an Alpha what he could and couldn’t do. “Kinda need you to see something with your own eyes so I can explain what they mean.”

Back to top Go down

Vincent Sawyer Byrne | Wolf; Pack Master/Alpha

Posted on Sun Mar 26, 2017 1:25 am

That was exactly what a liar would say. I'd heard that from somewhere, and as much as I liked hoarding as many ''lie'' themed sayings I could get my hands on, this was one in particular that didn't make sense to me, and never would. It may have been exactly what a liar would say, but it was also exactly what honest people would say too.

It was no fucking secret that Luxx and Onyx didn't mix, we had more problems than I could count on all of my fingers and toes, and hers combined. Disliking her or her actions was pretty fucking standard when you considered the personality you were dealing with, and during my time away, I'd come to realize the way I felt about her didn't stem from her being a lone anymore, but stemmed from her being generally shitty. Which actually meant she had the potential to redeem herself, something was unlikely before my journey. Unfortunately for her, I wasn't very fucking optimistic about it. It was easy to see that clearly, now that I was faced with lones I could easy see myself calling friends. While I would still maintain hesitancy towards lones that were lones prior to The Supremacy's involvement, it was unlikely I'd hold any grudges or project any disrespect towards lones that were forced into their solitude by The Supremacy. It was a freeing feeling, actually, knowing the difference.

Getting Luxx off my mind was going to be a challenge when this kid was throwing her name around like it was confetti. I was hoping I wouldn't have to deal with her until later, but it seemed the second I'd arrived at the den, even if she wasn't here physically, she was fucking surrounding me. Do you know who sent them? Who lead them here? I asked hesitantly. How fucked would it be if they were one of the packs I'd contacted and I'd completely fucking forgotten... You have numbers, Kidd? How many are we dealin' with? Any rank? Warlords? I asked, already feeling overwhelmed by the scent in the air.

My head jerked back and eyes widened at what came out of his mouth next. What? What do you mean stuff gets burnt down? I asked, my mind filling with my own random and wild answers to that question. It couldn't have been fangers... Or could it have been? Maybe they just didn't give a fuck anymore about making a meal out of us or strapping us into collars... Maybe it was just about results now... Not much else spread faster than fire. Then again... Rider had said something about hunters, I'd learned a little bit, they didn't seem like much of a threat. Maybe we were just getting really fucking unlucky and fire wielding witches and warlocks were knocking at our front door now... I wouldn't have been surprised, not with the severe lack of luck in these parts lately.

My feet had started moving, and any positive feelings I had been experiencing were draining fast, and there weren't ''Ancestor'' labeled outlets for me to recharge. Lead the way, Kidd... I paused, waiting for him to show me whatever it was he wanted to show me. Hoping to god it wasn't a burnt down building, not because I'd already received that message loud and clear... But because that was a memory I didn't want or need to resurface... Especially not with Kidd at my side.

Back to top Go down

Narrative |

Posted on Mon Mar 27, 2017 2:28 am

“No clue.” Luxx had said she had only directly found a few stragglers. Then shit had gotten too intense back at home base so she’d given the job to me. “I found the Sequoia, the other big group of survivors in town.” My shoulders slotted back into another proud stance. Had been doing what I could for this new pack. Hope he wasn’t gonna kick me out of it once he found out where I came from. ‘Cause I was gonna have to mention that eventually right?

“Seven has the exact numbers. She’s a rando from some little pack called Code. Last one.” Knew how much it sucked to be the sole wolf of your old pack. These other wolves had it sweet. Some old family to fall back on when shit got weird. Which was often. “Oh, ah, ranked I do know. Four Warlords. Apollo from the Sequoia. Flint from Eco. Ouray from the Pacific and Luxx…well you know where she comes from, everyone does now. A real sick Spiritual Leader. Vega from the Sequoia oh and Olympia of course” I grinned hoping that he didn’t think I had forgotten her. She was his first after all.

This was trippy as fuck. I was leading an Alpha into parts unknown. Me. Couldn’t help but feel my back straighten up, every footfall on the ground becoming more solid. What I hadn’t banked on was ending up stumbling right into the crypt clearing. It creeped me out. Reavers didn’t bury their dead. Getting eaten by maggots? Gross.

“Shit…ummm…” Was gonna have to talk about this first. Not that I wanted to. So didn’t like the fact we hadn’t even fought any Fangers and some of us were already worm food. “We’ve lost five already.” My voice fell quiet. For some reason it felt better to talk low when I had to come by here. Flint had actually said that their spirits still hung about ‘cause they hadn’t had a proper send-off yet.

Five mounds sat with wooden markers. “Russo was killed in training. Henta and Grog in a bar brawl that ended in the forest and Spruce and Malenga got done by collared wolves.” Course I knew all their names. Had listened to Luxx state how, where and when they had died with a blank face. Didn’t know if that meant she cared, or not.

Back to top Go down

Vincent Sawyer Byrne | Wolf; Pack Master/Alpha

Posted on Tue Mar 28, 2017 6:20 pm

Was I feeling overwhelmed? I couldn't even answer that question. I felt like... My time away was a completely different life. It felt like I hadn't been back here in years, and I guess that had something to do with the changes I went through while I was gone. I had evolved, I had changed, in twenty-some-odd days I'd become a different person... And I liked to think this version of me was better, in some ways, it had to be.

But there was another feeling. Disappointment, in myself. I had put my faith one-hundred percent into this kid beside me, counting on him to tell me anything and everything only moments into our first meeting. Trust wasn't even the top issue right now, the problem was the fact that if I really sat down and thought about it, there was no one else I could count on. Those I knew would fill me in were either liars or undoubtedly would follow up their information with criticism over my absence. Or charge me for the information I was after... I had no choice but to trust this kid, and not having options or enough faith in people was so vastly fucking different from how I was feeling during those twenty-some-odd days.

Sequoia... Eco... Code... Are there others? I think I'm really gonna need numbers at some point, but I guess I can get those from their respective warlords... And... Seven... I was mostly thinking out loud, realizing I was only moments into my arrival, and I was facing some serious fucking scheduling issues. I needed to find a way to speak to all of their warlords, preferably separately so I could see just what we were dealing with. No doubt they would be far more open one-on-one than they would be together... At least, in my experience, wolves didn't like sharing certain shit when in the presence of other pack wolves. But they would with me, if they wanted to be a part of Reprisal, they would with me...

Do you happen to have contact information, Kidd? I'd like to speak with them all as soon as possible. I asked. It was a shot in the dark, but so far the kid seemed pretty fucking handy. I was hopeful. Until he spoke again, and I looked out at the scene in front of me. What... At this point in our lives, every wolf had value, and no matter how many times I'd seen it, death was a hard fucking pill to swallow. It only got worse... Tell me this is some fucked joke, Kidd... I was starting to feel fucking sick. Losing our own to collars was hard, I wasn't about to pretend it wasn't. It would always be hard losing our own to The Supremacy. But losing our own to... Training? Bar fights? This shit was fucking unacceptable. ...How are we expected to fight our enemies united... If we're a threat to ourselves? If we're doing The Supremacy's job for them... I muttered to myself, finally certain that I was feeling overwhelmed.

My eyes narrowed ahead and I looked down to Kidd... Who has been leading in training?

Back to top Go down

Narrative |

Posted on Wed Mar 29, 2017 2:42 am

"Loads. Sequoia, Eco, Pacific, those the biggies." Couldn’t help but grin dopily. When entirely off her face Luxx hadn’t been…well lets just say she had some confused shit to say about Onyx. First it was that he was a lying shit who would rather drink himself into a coma that be an Alpha. Which was funny coming from her. Next it was how strong his arms were and how easy he could lift her. Sayin’ she made me uncomfortable wasn’t the right word. I mean, I had pointed out to Luxx once that avoiding Apollo and only speaking to Flint when she needed a doctor was dumb. What freaked me out was that even without chatting to them, she knew a bunch about their packs. ‘Specially the Sequoia. Lone stuff right? Maybe.

“Yeah man, I have all that.” Hell I couldn’t wipe the grin off my face. He was nothing like Luxx said. “Apollo lives in Oakwood, little house close to the forest but…okay this is cool…so, Apollo’s brother has this wicked sick Wolf ability. If you flick a text, to like, anyone, if he knows your number he can see it.” Had no fucking clue how that worked but it was sweet anyway. “I have both their digits anyways so I can give them to you.” Was so happy that I’d gone out of my way to grab their numbers, even if Luxx had tried to delete them when sh’ed found them on the phone she’d given me. “Flint doesn’t have a phone but he’s almost always at the Den, biggest camper there is, the only one without grafetti, since he’s yanno, a neutral party. Well, more like he flip flops.” He painted over whatever was plastered on his mobihome. Thing looked a bit janked now since he’d used five different colors.

“Nah, no joke......sorry.” Felt like I should apologize. Everyone should really. “Yeah well, that’s something I’m hoping you can fix.” This whole Head Warlord thing, it only happened ‘cause there was no Alpha right? Also ‘cause Luxx did nothing to stop it and Apollo just went around talking shit about her.

Cringed. Yeah I recoiled because I had a feeling he was not gonna like the answer to that question. Felt like I was throwing Luxx under a big ass bus too. If I said she was the one behind the training sessions, then for sure Russo’s death was her fault. Which it was. Walking backward keeping my eyes on the Alpha I tried to direct him away from the graves. Without yanno, grabbing his arm and trying to drag him. Was so not gonna touch an Alpha with my dirty bloody mitts. “Ahhhh. Soooo.” Dragging it out. Nervous as hell. What was worse? Lying to the Alpha who liked honesty or Luxx? No brainer. “Four days after you left…”

I paused again, feeling the weight of the blondie warlords eyes on me even when she wasn’t here. Sorry Luxx. “Luxx started training camps, every night. Tonight is their first night off”. ‘Cause of King of the Douches birthday. Didn’t know what made him so special. They had still gone out last night even though Luxx had been out for the count. Not that any of them knew her absence was ‘cause she wasn’t even awake. “Then Apollo began his own. Daytime ones from round day fifteen onwards.” I’d gotten into this whacked habit of dating stuff based on the time Onyx had been away. Yet another thing Luxx had gotten me doing.

“They…don’t get on.” Ohhh boy was he gonna find out how true that was. Almost tripped over a branch on the ground and had to grab a sapling to right myself. Clearing my throat like it didn’t happen, going beat red, I could hear the music from the Den now. “I come this way when I wanna check if the coast is clear.” Pointing at a gap in the trees that was still sheltered from sight I was actually taking a risk telling him what I’d been up to. Spying on the comings and goings of Eco so none of them saw me run out and spray paint big crosses through the symbols on their shit.

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics