setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Private] An Introduction to Chaos - Page 3

[Private] An Introduction to Chaos

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: [Private] An Introduction to Chaos

Vincent Sawyer Byrne | Wolf; Pack Master/Alpha

Posted on Fri Apr 07, 2017 10:09 pm

It was something that was supposed to fill me with positive feelings. It was something that was supposed to be reassuring. Wolves coming here, seeking to reform, seeking to be a part of Reprisal, it was a good thing... But if it was so good, then why couldn't I get rid of that knot in my throat? That tense feeling in my gut. The overwhelming fear that something just wasn't right. I'd always thought I wanted to be far, far away. I always felt I needed six months on, and six months off, so I could live the life I wanted outside of wolf politics. But if that was true... If that was something I really wanted, then why did I feel so fucking pissed at myself? Why the fuck did I hate not knowing what had been going on so damn much? I guess maybe I just wanted everything... Even shit that contradicted other wants and needs. I wanted it all. I wanted too much.

Maybe Apollo's brother is my guy then. After I figured out where my truck ended up, and took one last trip out of town to retrieve the journal, I had a feeling things were going to get really fucking hectic. This was just the start, remembering names wasn't the only fucking studying I needed to do. I had packs to learn about, rank to meet, and that was all just the beginning. I had a feeling there wasn't enough time in the day to even get me close enough to learning everything I needed to learn in time. Neutral? What does that mean exactly? I realized a lot of the answers I was getting from this kid were good, but not a lot of things were being explained well enough. What the hell did he mean neutral? I was fucking confused, and instead of his answers bringing understanding, they only brought forth more questions.

Knowing who was training, half of me wasn't surprised at all. The other half? I knew nothing about Apollo. What type of warlord he was, what priorities he kept... But I knew about Luxx. As much as I disagreed with her as a human being, I couldn't judge her on her ability to train. I'd never actually witnessed it, but I did know what kind of pack she came from, which is exactly where my lack of surprise had come from. I don't imagine they would... I muttered, knowing nothing about what was really going on, and nothing about Apollo. I still felt confident saying it, oddly enough. And what do you mean ''when you wanna check to see if the coast is clear''? What... My hand rubbed down my face in frustration. Not at Kidd, but at this whole fucking thing. What the fuck was happening? What the fuck had happened? How the hell could everything go to such shit in under a month? And more importantly... Why the fuck was I surprised...

I think we need to just move on in, Kidd. I said, not wanting to check to see if it was safe in our own goddamned den.

Back to top Go down

Narrative |

Posted on Mon Apr 10, 2017 5:04 am

Guess forever getting told to slow my roll had me cruising. Ozra was the one that always put one of his monster mitts on my head and asked me where the fire was. Hanging with Runner probs meant Onyx was used to words that ran together. I nodded, each bob of my head picking up speed. “Yeah, yeah, sorry Onyx, sorry man, I’ll get to the point.” Scrambling up ahead I pulled back the branches that hung over an opening. “This is what I needed to show ya.” Pointing a finger I made sure to stab at the air over both symbols.

“Neutral, meaning not for one or the other.” This was our biggest problem. Well, that and the wolves with the neck things. Funny that actually. We were training to fight Fangs and the ones giving us the most grief weren’t dead shitheads at all. “The circle with the dot. Azalea told me. Is a symbol thing for the sun but also means Apollo.” Dunno what language or whatever it was meant to be but I believed her, she was pretty smart. Had tonnes of books she read to Leafa. Tried to give me one about building so I could help out more at the Den but the words were too long. “The other one is, a Cresent moon with claw marks, pack thingy for The Dominion, Luxx’s old pack.” Winced after saying it cause I knew that being him, he already knew that.

Both were scrawled on separate campers, opposite one another. Brothers. Shagbark thought that Luxx got shit done and Linden reckoned Apollo acted more like a leader. At least that’s what they told me. I’d already put crosses through both of them but they had repainted over. “Everyones hung up on this dumb…pissing contest..over who should be Head Warlord. Some think it should be Apollo, the rest Luxx.” I sighed rubbing my grubby hands over my face. Hated this so much. No one listened to me. “Henta and Grog got into it over this shit. Grog wasted Henta but then I reckon the Apollo gang got him back before he could bail out.”

Letting out a long sigh I waved a hand over at the campers. “That's what I call ‘em. Gangs. They burn stuff, graffiti shit, attack others, merc cars. It’s a fucking mess bro…” Stopped right in my tracks when I realized I’d just called an Alpha…bro. What a turkey. “…I mean….sir?” Coughing awkwardly I tried to get back on track feeling my cheeks starting to heat up. Fuck Kidd, don’t blush in front of the Alpha. Be a man. “Nothing has been done to stop it. Luxx says…” Maybe I should stop mentioning what she had told me. Half of it made no sense anyway. “…yanno, fuck what Luxx says. It’s bananas.”

Back to top Go down

Posted on Mon Apr 17, 2017 6:28 pm

What the fuck were these wolves doing? Yeah, I was starting to feel pissed. It wasn't just sad anymore, it was disgusting. It was disrespectful and infuriating. Trying to turn over a new leaf meant I couldn't call this ''my'' territory anymore. It belonged to all of us. But that didn't change the fact that wolves were coming here to reform, and they were defacing pack buildings? Tagging Pacific territory with non-pacific symbols? It was fucking... It was just disrespectful! All of the meanings that came with it were equally fucking appalling too. The Pacific dealt with more than it's fair share of division, of pack conflict. There was no fucking way I was going to start Reprisal on the same note, fuck it wouldn't even come close to the same key. I'd been more than understanding... Wolves were grieving, but you didn't give a fucking kid a lollipop when it screamed. Grief didn't justify broken laws and disrespect, and it never would.

I stared, practically fucking fuming. This is bullshit... I muttered, staring at the symbols. Why the fuck was the Dominion being plastered anyway everywhere, that was hardly a pack with systems we wanted to follow. This was an entirely different issue on it's own, and these wolves were acting like idiots. Were they stupid, or did they just not grasp onto the various meanings behind pack symbols?

I looked to Kidd, clearly he shared my opinion... At least... The way he spoke made it seem that way. I cracked a smile, but there was very little effort behind it. I've never believed in appointing a head warlord... But maybe I should start... If either of them were behind this, or knew about it and didn't try to stop it, as far as I'm concerned, neither deserve that position, and I'll make sure they won't get it... Not that it mattered, Luxx wasn't pack, and despite our many conflicting conversations that lead me to believe that she both wanted to be pack, and didn't, the fact of the matter was... She wasn't pack, and wouldn't be unless things changed. In her, and in me. Is anyone hung up on the point? Reformation... Acceptance of lones... Saving our collared brothers and sisters? Or... Has it just been... I gestured towards the symbols, ...A bunch of this kind of shit for the past month?

You're fucking kidding me... I said, but it was out of disappointment and a general desire to not believe any of this was true. This is low, Kidd. This is really low. I can't even form... I can't find a way to even express how disappointing and disturbing this news is... It's just sad,
and embarrassing, and frankly, it's stupid.
I paused, looking at him confused for a minute. Nah, anything but sir. Onyx is fine. I added, feeling a twisted, undesirable feeling in my gut at the sound of it. I'd feel okay, maybe even a little impressed at the training sessions... But this bullshit squashes any feelings of pride I may have had. We can't afford wasted energy... I sighed, a growl merging in towards the end. What hellish shit is next? I asked, trying to mentally prepare for things to get worse.

Back to top Go down

Narrative |

Posted on Sat Apr 22, 2017 1:16 am

Ranks had always looked mega shiny to me. My Dad had said he wanted me to be the first of our family to get one. He was gung hoe on me being an Alpha one day. I had always watched Durhanic and been floored. Durhanic had been our Head Warlord. He’d won that title fair and square. Got a big ass gnarly scar down half his face in the battle that had lasted three days. That’s what I wanted. Alpha needed smarts and I didn’t have those. But I had loyalty. One day I’d be able to fight too. Luxx said that she wasn’t gonna train any under the age of sixteen. That even that was too young in her eyes to walk on the battlefield. Needed to protect the next generation or some shit. “Whatever ya wanna do Onyx is a okay with me. I reckon shit like that needs to be earned anyways. Like telling someone they are something doesn’t make it real.” This was weird. I was so used to giving Luxx council when she was losing her marbles that I was trying to do the same for the Alpha. I wanted to trade. Not be her lacky anymore but be his. “Just make me Head Warlord and I’ll tell them whats up.” I puffed out my chest, giving him what I hoped was a proud, strong, Wardlordy stare. Couldn’t hold it though. Dropping into an awkward lopsided grin.

I really did hate having to be the one who had to tell him all of this shit. Though really who else would have told the story without telling it in their own way. Keeping stuff under wraps in an attempt to make themselves look good. “Yeah…it’s not all bad. Just mostly.” I could really only give him what I knew. Which was a lot really but also very Luxx heavy. She barely slept so she had all the time in the world to do shit. Didn’t have any loyalties to one pack or another. “Ozra was getting together ceremony ideas. Luxx said it needed to be short, sweet, to the point so it didn’t go on for days.” Was all kinds of bizarre that she thought ‘bout this at all. When she said she wasn’t joining. “Every pack no matter how many are left have put their ten cents in. Though nothin’ was decided, guess they were waiting for you.” Couldn’t do it without an alpha anyways.

“Uhhh…we’re all Lones right now.” Was this a thing? Whether or not to accept them? My face fell, really went slack. Maybe those that didn’t come with numbers behind them were those that were going to be questioned. I thought we all mattered? No matter where we come from. “Are you taking ‘bout Luxx and Vilks or everyone here? ‘cause some of us didn’t do anything wrong, we don’t wanna be alone.” I actually stepped right up to him. Looking a little desperate. I wasn’t gonna to be thrown out. He had to see that I wanted to be his wolf. “Anybody who wants in can join right? Please tell me that’s true. That we don’t have to…I dunno….tell you where we came from…” My voice trailed off. Swallowing hard I tried to put the sad behind me. Had to answer all his questions. “Ummm…” Was easier to think that, than actually do it.

“Collared wolves? Since no-one had seen any for ages then I guess they forgot ‘bout them until they killed Spruce and Malenga.” Out of sight out of mind or whatever. “I did…” Was telling the Alpha that I went through Luxx’s stuff a good idea? He wanted me to be up front right? Blunt as hell? “I found a collar in Luxx’s shit. It was ahhh…well she’s been sleeping in your bed with it next to her. One day it was there like it always was and then next it was gone.” After that her new schedule always had this little blank area. I didn’t know everything she did but there had never been a period of time I didn’t know where to find her. Think that black spot worried me more than anything about her. Even more than the fact she coughed up blood sometimes.

“Okay.” Moving on from here. Where was the next obvious place? Oh yeah, I knew where that was. Didn’t really wanna go there. Had been told to stay away. Ozra always rode my ass about going into One Shot. Too young blah blah. “One Shot has changed. Ozra got mega bucks from somewhere and he’s been doing it up real nice.” I scratched my head nervously. “Guess you wanna talk to Luxx right? And probs Ozra since they both knew you were gone not that you just weren’t hanging with us. It’s Orions birthday right now so they aren’t going to be happy.” My fingers stopped in their rubbing and a grin that I felt was a little bit wicked filled my face right up. “Best present ever actually, Captain Douche will be so pissed. Yanno what he calls me? Baby Goat. Dudes a total box of wanks.” Knew that he was Pacific but none of the others seemed to like him. Was probs a thing. He liked Luxx, they all hated her. Fair enough. Made sense. Even if Onyx was pals with him he said he wanted truth. Sometimes the truth was savage.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Sun Apr 23, 2017 5:45 pm

I wasn't going to stand here and pretend I was a perfect fucking example of morality. Any recent changes in me were just that... recent, and I hadn't earned the right yet to claim myself as a shining example for people to follow. But, even the version of myself from a month ago would have been disgusted with what I was hearing now. Even at my lowest point, I would have known this was wrong and a waste of time and energy.

That's true... I mumbled... Trying not to feel insulted at the comment. He didn't know what it was I was thinking... He couldn't have... Unless he was a... Telling someone they are something doesn't make it real. I smiled, responding to his suggestion of becoming warlord, and echoing his previous statement playfully. Well, we're... I'm... I corrected myself. ...Gonna fix that. I tried to voice it confidently, but in truth, I wasn't good at making promises unless I knew I could keep them.

Yeah well I'm thinkin' it'd be easier to do the condensed version. With this many wolves? Yeah... It'd take too much time. 'Rather just give everyone a home again then celebrate the union of our families after. There will be time for ceremony, but now isn't that time. On that front, Luxx was right. There was too much that needed to be done, and frankly, I'd said it before... We couldn't afford to waste time. Not now. I'd hate to disappoint, but the act of bonding blood to blood is probably the best option. I'll have to contact our Spiritual Leader though, it'd go a lot smoother if she's capable of bonding everyone spiritually before blood hits blood. I actually felt bad about that, too. Contacting her in particular needed to be bumped to the top of my list. She'd had time to grieve for her lost opportunities, it was time to make a change, and we couldn't do that without her. Fuck, I only hoped she was a fast learner...

I know you are, Kidd. I know everyone is a lone right now. I raised a brow in confusion. How in the hell did he get that from what I'd said? My point had been that we should be focused on being united, rather than fighting one another, and that had somehow been translated in a fashion I'd only ever expected from Luxx, the woman that possessed the impressive ability to twist something innocent into the topic of lonedom. Poor kid had probably spent too much time around her. Or maybe he'd spent too much time as a lone. Everyone had really, and I didn't want to waste any more time leaving them in the position they were in. I couldn't even begin to imagine how uncertain and terrible it must have been. The sooner I could make the bond with everyone, the sooner they could relax. So I made a mental note to push that towards the top of my list... Wasn't sure how well it'd go, but it needed done, whether everyone approved of my methods or not.

What? There's nothing to worry about Kidd. Everyone is getting in. I glared, I'd like to know where everyone is coming from though. Don't you see it fair that Pacific wolves learn about their new family? Because that's what we are... Not just a bunch of strangers forming a pack together out of obligation, we are becoming family, and learning about one another is an important part of keeping that family together. Because trust me... Forming a pack doesn't automatically form an alliance... A pack can become divided... Even if no one ever leaves. I don't want that for us. I hoped he got the message, I didn't want him to even question whether he was welcome here, I didn't want any of them to question that. I wasn't just going to sit back, accept a bunch of wolves in, and turn a blind eye. If these people were going to become one of us, then a certain level of effort and care was required.

That's fine. I said, breaking eye contact to look straight ahead. I've known she's had a collar since she came to town. I tried to ignore the fact that she'd been sleeping in my bed. In fact, I did everything in my power to avoid thinking about it at all. Focusing primarily on the name ''Vilks''... Wondering who that was, and making a mental note to find out. Luxx can wait, Ozra, however... I gestured for him to start walking, making it obvious that I did need to speak to that old fuck. Then something he said stopped me dead in my tracks.

What... My eyes returned to Kidd. Did you say... Orion? I asked, my eyes flaring up into a bright white. Had he said his name before? Had I simply missed it? No... I couldn't have. By any chance... Has Luxx and... Orion been... Hanging around one another? I asked, unable to shut off the reflective white glow in my eyes, looking down at Kidd with a completely unwavering stare.

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics