setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Private] An Introduction to Chaos

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Vincent Sawyer Byrne | Wolf; Pack Master/Alpha

Posted on Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:16 am

Thread Details
"The Den"   ·   Clear Skies   ·   January 10th, 2017 - 11:45 P.M.

This thread is between Vincent Byrne and NPC Kidd, being played by Pistolkitten AKA PK via Narrative.

I breathed in. Taking in the scents of home, of wildlife. It just didn't smell the same anywhere else. It didn't look the same. It didn't feel the same. I never thought I'd actually miss it... And maybe I wouldn't have, if I hadn't gone back and taken in those scents, those sights, that feeling. If it wasn't so easy to bottle up soil, it'd be all too easy to leave and never come back, because those scents drew me here like a moth to a flame. Plus there was that little thing... Duty, honor... And in a fucked sense of the word, pride. I was feelin' every one of the words so strongly, I was certain that had I been in human form, the words would have been glowing in the dark on my chest.

Are we close? Runner asked, using his ability to rush to the back of the herd, then to the front where I stood, over and over again. How he was still pumped so full of energy I had no clue. Look down. I replied, keeping my pace just as steady as it had been before, and my eyes straight ahead. Runner rushed past me again as one of the younger ones began complaining about their feet hurting, and he stopped ahead, nose to the ground. What am I lookin' at? He asked, Just look. The ground was littered in human footprints, but mostly, wolf prints. I don't get it. He said quickly before rushing back and forth between the back of the herd, and the front, all over again. I forced air out of my nose, Yes. I finally answered, feeling too tired to explain to him about prints. We're almost there.

We'd gotten so close, the smell of wolf was undeniable in the air, and it took a minute for me to realize just how strange that was... The last time I had actually visited the Den the place had been run down, desolate. Now it carried that familiar scent, the scent we'd lost the last time the pack had been gathered around the fire, when our Spiritual Leader, potentials, and others were murdered, collared, or left and never returned. Now? Now the scent of wolf overwhelmed me. I can smell 'em, can you smell 'em? Onyx? Do you smell 'em? Runner had been going a mile a minute nonstop, and that hadn't changed once. What's that roof? Is that your house? Who do you live with? Do you have any food? I'm starving. I exhaled loudly out of my nose once again, and a faint growl briefly rumbled in my throat. But he was right, we could see the roof now, but more importantly, were were only steps away from the opening that would put the Den into full view.

Back to top Go down

Re: [Private] An Introduction to Chaos

Narrative |

Posted on Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:20 pm

Man was I pooped. Luxx had me running around like tomorrow the world was gonna explode. I’d gotten one sweet as break when she had been zonked. Shit, should feel bad about thinking that cause she had totally been poisoned. Things were getting pretty bad. She was getting pretty bad actually. Not like 'tude or anything. That was always the same, rollercoaster ride. Nah it was her, person. Better stop thinking about her person before she managed to somehow punch me in the face for thinking about her tits. Using that weird ESPN shit she had rocking.

As usual, I was running her errands. I’d been given the role of messenger boy when I wasn’t working on ‘find the Alpha detail’. Was real nice to have my skills recognized. Real nice. Really she should be doing this shit herself instead of getting hammered with Orion and the rest of those douchelords. Didn’t like her when she was with them. The uber bitch came out to play. Like they brought it out in her or some shit.

Nah. Tech she had saved my life twice now. I owed her and stuff. She needed some chill time so I was gonna be the tops wolf that I was and give it to her. Bolting through the trees I caught a whiff of wolf on the air. Dad had taught me how to pull apart scents so that they didn’t just come as a cluster. Not a single one of these I remembered, and I knew everyones smell now. Also knew all their names, which yanno, came in handy, cause Luxx forgot shit like that all the time. Or couldn’t be bothered remembering. There was one that stuck out and I screamed to a halt having to stop to take some deep breaths in. That was Alpha, I was sure of it. She was going to be so happy. Or not. Had no clue what was going on in that head of hers. Was probably a scary place. Leaping back into my run I knew I had to catch them before they reached the Den. That’s where they had to be heading.

As I burst from the treeline I almost slammed right into someone. “Hey watch where you’re going.” “You watch where you goin’, you ran into me.” He was the same height I was. Same…wadda call it? Build. Yeah build. “You’re…new.” Awkward. Never found talking to new people easy. Always thought that somehow they would look right at me and know I came from the Reavers. “Yeap, jus’ got in. names Runner” He grinned at me and I blinked a couple of times. He spoke real fast. Last time I’d met a stranger and tried to be super friendly Kidd, I’d stuck my foot in it after finding out that Apollo and Matrix didn’t like Luxx. Still hadn’t figured that out yet. Was only a matter of time. “Uhhh, nice to meet ya Runner but I gotta talk to the Alpha.” Giving him a lame little wave, that felt stupid as fuck right after I’d done it, I ran as fast as I could towards the front of the group.

Skidding out in front of the Wolves I held up both hands. It meant stop alright? Hope they all got the sign language. What set me off balance was the fact Runner appeared right beside the Alpha, he’d moved just as fast as I had. Maybe faster cause I hadn’t even seen him run past me. “What’s goin’ on?” He peered at me but my eyes were stuck on…Onyx. Dude looked like an Alpha. Was that a thing? Star-struck for a moment I fumbled in my low hung jeans to find my phone. Luxx would spew if I didn’t tell her he was here right away.

“I…uhhh…I can’t let you go up there.” They didn’t know what they were walking into. Shit I was lucky that it had been me to find them. Or unlucky, since now I had to try and explain stuff. “Shit has gotten really real after you….left.” Was so about to say ‘bailed’ but that was a word that Luxx used when she was in one of her drunken rages. Doubt that was the right thing to be saying. I was nervous as hell. “Like for starters…they umm…none of them know that you were…gone.”

Back to top Go down

Posted on Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:45 pm

I dropped the pack I'd been carrying in my jaws to the ground, hearing Astral's necklace rattle against the picture of Port and Pixi. I hadn't intended on taking it. As far as I was concerned, it belonged to Rider, not me. But something told me having something to trade with him would come in handy in the future. If he was still alive. Before we'd left, he'd said something to Thera about heading north, beyond the Canadian border. Why, I had no clue, and honestly didn't care. All I cared about was the wolves I had with me, and it was that feeling that got me through most of the journey. Getting these people settled in tonight wasn't going to be a possibility, however. It was too late, and they were far too fucking tired. I'd planned to get everyone settled in the cabin, but stopped when the scent of wolf grew stronger as one neared.

I shifted back to my human form, fumbling into the pack for my clothes, managing to get my pants on as I stared at the kid in front of me. Confused. That didn't begin to describe it. Who even was this kid? What the fuck was he even talking about? You can, and you will. I said, still looking at him, less confused, and more curious at this point. What? I asked, confusion came flooding back, and I was feeling a sense of whiplash as I tried to get my feelings under fucking control. How the hell? I left a letter, which proved I was gone. Didn't anyone track down my truck? Fuck, fuck, FUCK. If they didn't know I was gone... Did they... Now I was really fucking confused. Wait... Kid, I need to get these people in beds. We've traveled a long ass distance, and I'm sorry, but I don't know who you are, and this is my den, so I'm going. Unless you start explaining why you don't want me to in thirty seconds or less. I crossed my arms, runners voice groaning in my head before he started bouncing on his paws, alternating feet. He was getting impatient, and he wasn't the only one either.

Back to top Go down

Narrative |

Posted on Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:34 am

How did he know my name? My jaws fell open and it took me a real long time to realize that he didn’t. Shit, I’m such a loser. “Thirty seconds?” Widening my eyes I took several breaths. Was gonna need them if I was gonna get out what I needed to in that length of time. “We did get your letter, or should I say Luxx did and Ozra I think.” Was trying to say this all as quickly as possible. How long was thirty seconds exactly? Shit, should I get out my phone to time this? Fuck, I needed to text Luxx, she would have a fit. “I found your truck.” Said it proudly sticking out my chest. Didn’t have the time to pause on that and bask in the glory. I had thirty damn seconds.

“Luxx didn’t tell anyone, some shit about how it would break everyone’s spirit knowing that their…” I stopped. Almost started repeating shit she had told me. Once again I was pretty sure that was a no fly zone. “Anyway, she spun some bullshit. She’s real good at that. And every wolf seems to think they’ve seen you around.” Still didn’t get how that all worked. Luxx had tried to explain it to me. Something about misdirection, pride and the power of gossip. Was far too complicated for me. Plus it just sounded a bit…shitty. “As far as they all know you’re busy as fuck and work through her now. She’s your little lap dog.” I coughed out a laugh.

Thirty seconds…

“They can all go up to the Den, there’s beds a plenty. Luxx and Eco have been fixing it, building new shit. But I need to fill you in on stuff first…before they all see you. Please.” Finally taking a proper breath in I eased it out in a long groan, holding my knees for a minute. Did I make it in time? Was that thirty seconds? “I’m Kidd, sorry for swearing so much, Luxx says I get it from her and that I should stop.” Rambling like a fool now. Holding out my hand I gave Onyx a weak smile. “Welcome home?”

Back to top Go down

Posted on Fri Mar 24, 2017 2:16 am

I nodded, arms crossed. I felt fucking... Terrible. These poor folks had been on their feet for hours, unless you counted stopping for a sip from the Columbia as an official ''break''. Now they were getting front row seats to a fucked show, a show that not even I knew anything about so I couldn't even form a warning. I felt a twinge of panic at the thought of anything coming out of this kids mouth causing their confidence in me to waver. Hell, I didn't want their confidence in The Pacific, Reprisal to waver. Our entire journey wasn't long enough to build any solid friendships, but bonds between myself, and them, had begun to form. I felt it more strongly with some, like Runner, and Saturn and her siblings, Tanker, Louisiana, fuck even Axe and Axle. They didn't say much, but the little bit they did talk I could feel it. I was sure as fuck they could too.

It was just a spark of a feeling at first, but real panic started to set in when the kid spoke a name I didn't expect or want to hear. It was more than enough to tell me whatever was about to come out of this kids mouth was potentially detrimental to the outlook the wolves behind me had, not only on me, but on the pack as a whole. He continued on, and I hid the smirk on my face as he made a point to tell me he was the one that found my truck. I suppose I should have rewarded him, he was just a kid after all. Then again, I had this sinking feeling in my gut that he wasn't just throwing around the name ''Luxx'' because he'd heard of her. Anyone in cahoots with her right now was on my shit list... Until... Well fuck, until I decided they weren't. While I'd had my eyes opened, my perception of her hadn't changed. And it wouldn't... Not until she proved to me that she had changed.

Who is he talking about?

What's going on, Onyx?

Voices rang out in my head and I looked back at the wolves behind me to let them know I heard them, but turned my attention back to the kid talking a mile a minute in front of me. A groan followed, and my hands slid down my face in frustration. Why the fuck would she do that? What the fuck was she hoping to accomplish? Trying to cover her ass? Because she was the reason I fucking left in the first place? The problem was, I could blame her for being the cause of my initial leave of town. But I couldn't blame her for staying away as long as I had. But I sure as fuck could blame the ancestors, and I intended to. Even if... I was somehow glad for their assistance... I looked back to the wolves behind me, smiling at them before the kid in front of me started talking again, and my eyes landed back on him.

What he said next made everything come together. She didn't want people to think I was gone, because if they did, she couldn't pretend she was my right hand man... Now it made sense. Crafty fucking lone... Using my absence to boost her authority around here. Why the fuck wasn't I surprised? The damned lone was a fucking leech, sucking on the fucking teat of chaos and shitting out personal gain like it was as natural as breathing air.

He continued on, and a thought I couldn't ignore popped into my head. I couldn't help it, but I had to wonder... If what he was saying was true, how likely was it that whatever shit ''Luxx'' and... ''Eco''... Whoever the fuck that was, whatever it was they had been building was up to code. Probably not. Which meant I was going to need to personally inspect every new fucking structure and repair just to make sure shit was safe. We may have been wolves, but that didn't mean we didn't deserve a certain level of quality. Kidd... I repeated, finally able to get a word in. I didn't mean you literally had thirty seconds, but I'm impressed. 'Gave Runner a run for is money, 'talked so fast you nearly gave me whiplash. I tried to stay calm, despite feeling something that had been lost on me for nearly a month. I'd gotten angry... Sure. But this primal rage, this burning fury inside of me, only seemed to reach full potential when I was back in the place I called home.

But, as far as I could tell, this kid... Or Kidd, wanted to be useful, and right now, It seemed I needed that, since apparently more shit happened in the last twenty-odd days than I'd seen happen in these parts for months. But it seems you're right. I'm gonna need you to fill me in... I looked back to the wolves behind me. I'm sorry, everyone. I wanted to be the one to get you settled in personally. I turned to Runner, Runner, I know this place is new, but I'm gonna need you to get everyone settled in. Head straight for the cabin, and don't run. You gotta lead the way and not everyone is as fast as you are He nodded his head in response. The rest of you, take whatever available rooms you want, get settled in, find something to eat, it should be stocked, it usually was-, is, I mean is. I'll be up shortly.

Runner started... Of course running, and everyone followed. I watched as the tail end of the group cut through the opening that lead to the den, and turned my attention back to Kidd. Do you know what I value most in a wolf, Kidd? I paused, looking at him in his eyes. Honesty. I'm gonna need that from you now. Considering what he'd told me so far, it seemed to me that he wasn't being lead by any fucking good examples on that front either. I only hoped swearing wasn't the only habit he picked up from Luxx, or we were going to have a problem.

Start with something simple. Who exactly is up there right now? Because when I left, only individuals or small groups were finding their way back. And from the scent in the air, I can tell we're not just dealing with a small group of wolves anymore.

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics