setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Private] How Much is That Doggy in The Window? - Page 3

[Private] How Much is That Doggy in The Window?

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: [Private] How Much is That Doggy in The Window?

Lilith Alysbury | Wolf; Warlord/Battlelord

Posted on Thu Apr 27, 2017 5:33 am

Considering I had never intended on coming face to face with Apollo I hadn’t played out what it would be like. Whether my plan to remain as enraged as possible would work as intended. Staying with the rage and riding it like a world class surfer until he gave up and scampered off. Not having to stop and remind myself why I was furious. The reasoning behind it all. I didn’t have to when with Onyx, his fucking face was enough most of the damn time. Though he also didn’t in the midst of an argument, lose momentum. “Fuck you I don’t need a do-over. Nickname for nickname it’s an obvious tit for tat.” I gave him the finger. Which if I had to be honest was never really done in a way the suggested seriousness. What the fuck was I doing? Don’t play into this bullshit. Just don’t. Any entertaining of mending this was not only pointless but more dangerous than drinking Fanger blood on the dancefloor of One Shot. Which had crossed my fucked up brain at least once already. We were not going down that route. This wasn’t about not seeing redemption or forgiveness, I knew that even though I told myself that was the reason why.

I knew bringing up Matrix would be a low blow. Just as I knew the comment about Vega was a direct sock to the nuts. Hitting someone where it might leave a lasting mark had never been beyond me before. In fact it had been one of the primary goals in life. To punch where it would do the most damage without having to get intellectual about it. Everyone had to assume the little Lone was as dumb as a bag of hammers. My ability to vocalise shit and my insults worked to that advantage daily. Recognising guilt was a horrendous thing. Made those jabs backlash in the most devastating manner. Making my gut twist in a way that not even Fang juice could. I swallowed hard. Not just in an attempt to settle my stomach but also because I was now very aware that Apollo had been able to see me when time had stopped, had been able to hear me. Yet with that knowledge he was still able to threaten me. Well fuck.

An odd sense of despair took my eyes for a moment before I cleansed them clean with a solid eye blink. Emotions could be fabricated right? “So your Kmart wolf ability works differently for me now.” Which means at some point I had managed to advance it without my knoeldge. Since my ability was rare I had never found any information as to what the next step would be. I’d just concentrated on getting rid of the debilitating effects, and increase the time reversed, the frequency of use. Something had changed but I didn’t know what it was. I hadn’t even noticed a change when he had used it once before to purposefully amplify my ability. Literally nothing had happened. I’d just freaked out a little because I hadn’t wanted to do it in the first place. Lumped in with Matrix and the Sequoia’s insistence that if we were so concerned with our gifts that we should work on them. Grabbed hold of Apollo like I needed his help and had just ended up with the same instant haemorrhage problems as always. Back then it had been one use, and I was out for the count.

“That’s true. I don’t know that side of you.” Everyone had one. I’d never seen Apollo’s. We had argued but it had never been overly heated. More like children bickering. I could have and should have tipped that further. Projected it into the full blown anger it should have been and yet I hadn’t. Remember, remember that they made you weak Luxx. Just don’t think about why. “Intending on lining everyone up to be inoculated by Doctor Apollo? Go for it. Try your hardest and mark my words you’ll see what my wolf ability has developed into. We’ll see who tears who apart.” An empty threat of course since I had no idea what I was now able to do. While walking and lingering in the time slip had been beyond me before, it’s not like I hadn’t known it was there. Was tricky to fucking stay when you were bleeding from every facial orifice available.

What came next made it disgustingly easy to find rage. To an alarmingly extent. My eyes blew into radioactive glory and in an attempt to hide it from the populace I once again grabbed his shirt and dragged him inside the booth with me. Anger and Vampire blood gifting me the strength to stop any attempt from him to stop me. My claws punched through the fabric of his shirt as the curtain fell behind him. Though I’d manage to catch one wandering shoppers attempt to do a double take. Hissing in order to try and divert attention away I reacted without being able to control myself. “Did you sit down with a panel of chimpanzees’ and a bucket of your Mothers crack to come up with that? You know nothing of my heart. Nothing. I made fucking sure of that.”

The screen to my right flickered on, now aware of two bodies in the photo booth. Pink and white hearts filtering down over the surface. Cute Music began blearing from the speakers that died down enough for the chibi girl who appeared to speak. A speech bubble in Japanese Kanji popping above her head. Hi Hi! So happy to see you! My teeth clenched together as an equally as adorable chibi boy walked to stand next to her. Get those smiles ready!

Back to top Go down

Paul Thacker

Paul Thacker | Wolf; Warlord/Battlelord

Posted on Tue May 02, 2017 11:13 pm

Have it your way, I said, at this point feeling like we were just arguing about nonsense. Which we were, especially when you considered the grand scale of things. I couldn’t think about it too much. I couldn’t think about just how outrageous it was that she was pissed. Was she actually pissed or just severely on the defensive? Or both?

I shook my head. It was typical of her to poke fun at the abilities of others, including mine at times. It wasn’t the first time, but I always knew there was more than a joke to it. She thought hers was hot shit, even with the head trauma it caused. She likely knew one day she’d overcome that hurdle and here I was now hoping she’d try too hard to pull a fast one and her head would just explode. Less work for me. But if it hadn’t happened yet… My K-mart ability got me what I needed and all yours did was give me information. Face it, you’re not as smart as you think you are.

I crossed my arms, raised my brows and looked up at the ceiling. A threat? I didn’t expect anything else but it’s still hilarious. You have enemies and if you even managed to get me you’d only make it worse for yourself. Fuck, you certainly have that canine instinct to dig. All you know how to do is dig yourself in a fucking hole. I could go on. And on. I was sure I could tear her down with words, but I stopped feeling like me when I did it. Besides, it probably wouldn’t be the smart thing to do, to tip her off to even what I thought would be the consequences of my plans. Even if it meant making her feel an inch tall. How would she feel if I’d asked her who would even show up to her funeral? Shit, she probably wouldn’t even give a damn. I’d go, simply to make sure she was in pieces.

Wow. Wow, the time spent with this grating bitch was actually worth it. This was the most entertaining thing I’d seen. What a strange fucking thing to trigger her anger so much. Oh, there it is. What a weird fucking place to hit a nerve, Luxxie. And the brilliant part about it was that she surely thought she was dishing it back, but she was nowhere near the mark. But before I knew it I was side to side with her in the goddamn photobooth. Anyone have a lighter? I’d take us both down together if it meant those close to me wouldn’t have to face this cunt again. Just so you know, I’m more pissed about my shirt than you bringing up Belinda. Nice touch calling her my mother too. That one’s not gonna work.

God, what the fuck kind of photo booth was this? The instructions were just cutesy nonsense in my head as I tried to focus on just what to say. Now let’s try a silly pose! Didn’t these fucking things need money first? I know nothing of your- How about a hug! Or a kiss! Heart, because you don’t fucking have one. I had to say it, even though I knew what I should have been doing. Not for her, but for the safety of the people outside of this booth. I should have been doing what I could to calm her shitass down. But I wouldn’t even know how to do that without being patronizing. Or sounding like I gave any kind of fuck about her which I didn’t.

Just fucking calm down, okay? This is not the place. I’m gonna fucking go before one of us hurts someone.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Sun May 07, 2017 7:07 pm

Rage was an unruly beast. I liked it because it obliterated everything in its path. You could hide anything and everything behind a thick veil of the stuff. Disguise it from others, even play hide and seek with yourself. It made me feel alive. Closer to the wolf than even being in form during a full moon. It was the finest form of medication. My only armour that worked hundred per cent of the time. To keep myself safe. Now it wasn’t just a shield like lies were for myself. It was a bubble I could shove others into to protect them from the inevitable. Something I hadn’t noticed back then but did now. He didn’t know how swiftly he had dodged a bullet.

Insulting me was fucking pointless. I’d heard it all before. Boo Hoo I had enemies what ever shall I do? If I’m not as smart as I thought I was, then fuck. The Sequoia must have been playing with themselves during the distribution of brains then because I’d outsmarted them in the very least. Clearly I’d never had a problem with digging holes either. What did I have to lose? My life? I was already dead. Yet him questioning my heart. That had gotten under my skin. Burrowed in like a maggot. Apollo wasn’t even trying to set me off anyway. I’d heard worse from his mouth. He must know just as I did that none of what we were saying was really hitting the mark. Aside from that one comment. A comment harsh enough that I couldn’t let it go.

“Oh no. You are not going to claim the fucking high road now. You chased me remember? I was minding my fucking business.” My claw took a more definitive hold on his shirt. I hadn’t wanted to speak with him at all and now I was the one trying to make him stay. There was no way I was going to let him stroll out of here thinking he had done the mall a favour. Not when he had just insulted me in a way that actually fucking mattered. “What information? What the fuck are you talking about?” Had it been the expression on my face? Did he think that he had a card in his back pocket because of that? Grrrrr. I thought everything I said was a lie hmmm? That my very molecular structure or whatever the fuck was made of the stuff. “That I’m the villain in this theatrical piece? Of course I fucking am. No-one else could be cast in my role. I’m the fucking Audrey Hepburn of this shit hole.” Actress extraordinaire. Even when I wasn’t trying to play a part.

“Wow. So you actually thought me mentioning Mommy dearest was an actual jab?” A bark of jingling laughter left my lips and I finally detached my claw from his shirt, retracting the paw formation back into its human state. “I just automatically pair her with the thought of crack that’s all, you were the one to bring her name into it.” Funny that really. Guess it was one of those things. Say it out loud enough that you don’t give a fuck about someone and at some point in comes true right? Portia was most definitely a waste of oxygen but just like she would go on about how amazing her son was when she was smashed off her face. I bet somewhere deep down Apollo still loved his Mom. Luxxie was using the heart that you don’t think exists and avoiding the obvious topic.” Mentioning Matrix, Vega any of the Sequoia would be a trigger but he had been furious enough that I’d only barely touched on them. Speaking about the Sequoia at all I suspected would be a no go zone. There would be only one thing worse.

Just five will get you ten super kawaii photos to share! The photo booth was still rambling. Frothing at the mouth to get one of us to actually pay the damned thing and start the process of snapshotting the moment. If I had cash to spare then maybe I would have. To remember the look on his face. It would help forget everything else that I was trying not to remember. Rage was blotting out any sense. Run with it. Be cruel Luxx. “Hearts are something I know far more about than you do. Mine belongs to Onyx. I have dedicated myself to him.” Onyx had torn up my blood bound contract but it didn’t mean a thing when compared to my prophecy. “Sorry not sorry that your Alpha didn’t deserve my loyalty. Did you know?” I snarled. Feeling very sick at how easily I could take offense to something as simple as a little comment about my heart and turn into the creature he thought I was, that everyone thought I was. “Did you know Apollo? Did you know that he just rolled over and gave up? I’d barely gotten started but he was ready to die.”

Back to top Go down

Paul Thacker

Paul Thacker | Wolf; Warlord/Battlelord

Posted on Mon May 08, 2017 9:03 pm

She would be hilarious if she didn’t make me wanna put a silver bullet through my damn head. I don’t have to claim the high road. I’m not even on a high road you’re just low enough that you’re not even on solid fucking ground. But that came with the question, why was I still even here? It was too bad I didn’t actually think of it then. No one does in the heat of an argument that’s going nowhere. No one thinks, You know what? They’re not havin’ that hallelujah moment so what’s the point? Had I ever expected her to? No. I just saw and flew off the handle. I wanted to think I simply wanted her out of the picture because I knew she was a threat and I felt like the guardian on the porch with a shotgun ready. But my actions proved whether I liked it or not a large part of it was personal. I wanted to make sure she was chained to the bed she made.

Oh, I’m plum full of information now. I know you’ve strengthened your ability, but you don’t even know how much. I know you think you’re some kind of fucking martyr. Shit maybe you lie to yourself too. How did someone with logic as twisted as hers continue to survive in this world? It was like that fucking cashmeousside girl. How hadn’t she been shot yet? Do I look like someone who has seen a single fucking movie she was in? I was beating a dead horse even talking to her. Especially here, where we could barely tap into specifics if our voices raised.

I’m sure it was meant to be until it didn’t work. Every. Thing. Nothing was without a lie or an attempt to backtrack. And dig. She just. Kept. Digging. Good God you never, ever, take responsibility, do you? It doesn’t even matter! You brought her up. Who gives a fuck about the name. I’m don’t even give a shit but you can’t even.. My anger was getting the best of me because my words weren’t forming coherent thoughts. Just simple abstract ideas and I wondered if that was a wolf thing. Actual dogs didn’t have language. Did that make it harder sometimes when we were in a more animal-like mode, to mold a thought into a sentence? I wouldn’t call that avoiding the topic, but you can shit on my mom all you want. You’re right in the same shithole of my brain as she is. Was? Is? Didn’t even know if she was still alive. Luxx was in the same place and I’d wanted to keep it that way but now I just wanted a confirmed shallow grave. I wasn’t kidding, either. Never, anymore, did I ever see her, hear about her, or anything that wasn’t her fucking someone over. Intentionally causing chaos, likely thinking she could climb to the top of it without anyone noticing.

The voice from the photobooth boomed again and my claws came out and my hand, without thinking, broke through the screen, shards of glass ripping skin away from my hand. GODDAMMIT. The pain didn’t bother me. It was there, and I almost wanted to concentrate on it because focusing on Luxxie felt like drills in my skull.

So what’s that then? Fucking the Alpha? Are you in love or is this some bullshit prophecy from another spiritual leader you borrowed?

THAT was a jab. It hurt, a pain in a way that I would almost think could echo throughout the entire pack. But it was a double edged sword and I wasn’t sure if she knew the consequences of that. Imagine that, an old man not putting up much of a fight. I’m sure you made sure to find that. That was how you chose us, wasn’t it? Pick a pack with an alpha who was walkin’ death’s haller? Real fuckin’ brave. I slid from the booth, thinking now I was willing to be carted off to jail if it meant getting away from her. I stood up and jerked the curtain from the booth in one forceful motion, tearing off a small piece and wrapping it around my hand. I can’t, Luxx. I can’t be here or one of us will die in a goddamn shopping mall. Is that what you fucking want?

Back to top Go down

Posted on Tue May 09, 2017 3:01 am

My chest began to hurt. No I wasn’t talking some proverbial heart break analogy it was actually beginning to burn. The scratch marks that I’d inflicted upon myself felt infected. They actually pulsed and sent intermittent jabs of pain into my skull. Lie to myself? Sure I did. I was a walking talking breathing lie. Did I think I was a martyr? So many wolves had said that. Why did it sound true when I knew that’s not what I was trying to communicate? The pain got worse so to combat it I took the one thing I felt safe addressing. “Fine. So I don’t know how far I’ve progressed. You don’t even know where the fuck I’m at either so that tid bit is fucking useless to you but it’s a goldmine for me.” Didn’t have time to really concentrate on working out where I now stood but I’d file that away for later and think about it some more. If there was anything I normally had in abundance it was alone time to think. That’s what made Lones so dangerous. We didn’t have all the bells and whistles of a normal relationship entangled life to get in the way of dissecting the world around us.

Holy fuck this was getting beyond a joke. “Are you fucking serious? Like you’re actually fucking serious aren’t you? You think I don’t know how to hurt you? That I don’t know what to say? Fuck you Apollo. I didn’t spend all that time with you so I’d know exactly what to buy you on your fucking birthday.” Which was promptly punctuated with him punching his hand into the screen of the photo booth. See? I know how to fight with words oh perfect Apollo. I was being kind but what was the fucking point? Oh he wanted to tear shit down? So did I. So did fucking I. “Oh you’ll hear the rumours soon enough Sunboy. How I’m living with the Alpha. That we screw on a regular. That I’m head over heels. It will be beautiful to see you try and work out whats a lie and whats truth.” Most of it would be utter garbage but what was tricky about gossip is that some of it was indeed factual. Like the fact I lived with Onyx. It would make all the lies seem that much more plausible. “It disgusts me that you talk as if I have said a fucking thing about my propehcies to you.” Not until Onyx had I ever even given any wolf a hint as to what they contained. Only Spiritual Leaders got that privilege. Shit was sacred. Made my blood boil that he would even suggest that he knew a damn thing about what I could have been told. “I protect him of my own free will” Another lie. Was funny when I began counting them I realized how often I used them. Truth was hard to come by and the Ancestors would not be pleased with that. “Got to protect the last Alpha heart right?” Not a lie and all fine print totally intended too. Bet it was easy for him to believe shitty statements even though they too could be lies. I did protect Onyx because he was the last Alpha but it was also to protect the only heart left that could give me what I had always wanted. White Eyes. Plus, Onyx wasn't all that bad....sorta.

As he stepped backwards hand bloody, the curtain revealing mall security advancing on him from behind I shook my head. “You think I’m fucking weak because I attacked a dotty old fart? Your pack wasn’t the fucking first and it wasn’t the fucking last. How many geriatric Alphas do you think there are asshole? I didn’t pick your pack. If I had time to scout for selections I would have stayed away from the fucking Sequoia.” Now I noticed that actually everything I said was both a lie and truth. Two in one. Bonded together so it was near unrecognisable. Perhaps that’s why the Ancestors got pissy at me. My truth was also a lie.

Using my ability just as the guards were about to grab his shoulder I paused in the time slip, now knowing he could hear me. “This is why I know I have a heart. I don’t want to kill you Apollo. I have a hundred reasons why I should. To get you out of the way of screwing up my plans. To remove what is obviously going to be a cancer. To punish you for what you’ve done to me.” I got right in his personal space looking up at his time frozen face. “All I want is for you to leave me the fuck alone. I don’t want to talk to you. To look at your fucking face. I already know how I’m going to die. Yeah that’s what the Ancestors have shown me. It’s not by your hand so give it up.” I turned away about to let the time slip reverse completely to a point before we entered in the photo booth when I stopped. “Oh and another thing. You know what the better question would have been to ask? Why I didn’t just eat his heart with you watching and then kill you. Take note Apollo, because this information is better than whatever shit you think you have. Time reversal take two. Eight Minutes too. Much longer than you’ve seen and once again, no haemorrhages. Don’t try me. I have nothing to lose.

Time shifted fast. He was left standing in front of the food court. I was long gone.

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics