setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Open-2] Shadow of a Doubt - Page 3

[Open-2] Shadow of a Doubt

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: [Open-2] Shadow of a Doubt

Malakai Greenmantle III | Warlock; Elementalist

Posted on Sun May 14, 2017 10:39 pm

“Earth.” Thought that had been obvious from the cocky display I’d offered up to her in the forest. Pulling a crystal from the ground. Suppose in some ways it was ambiguous. Especially if she hadn’t had much dealings with Elemental based Warlocks and Witches before. Sometimes elementalists could grasp one spell from a completely unrelated elemental tree. Learning that one spell would take years of practice but it wasn’t unheard of. Utterly pointless in my eyes considering the time required that could be put to better use on spells that came naturally.  

“Oh?”
Lifting my head from my phone I looked over to Daphne. Family was extremely important to me so I did enjoy hearing about others. Was easier to see her as a person, a caster, rather than focusing on what Magick she wielded when I focused on what her upbringing had been like, how strong her relationship with her parents was, or whether or not she had siblings. “How is it you came to discover what you are then?” Harry Potter references were running like wildfire through my brain. Just couldn’t help myself. I’d met all manners of different witches and warlocks but the ones that fascinated me the most were those that hadn’t had a strong coven backing when finding themselves. Shane had said he’d had his eyes opened by a spirit. While I hadn’t been consciously trying to feel Daphne’s magick it had been hard not to when she’d literally used it to save my life. It was strong. Had to admit stronger than my own. Shocking to consider she hadn’t had a Grimoire as a teacher. Naturally gifted.

Returning to scrolling through the inventory lists I nudged a stack of books with my foot gently. “Eventually that’s exactly what I want it to be. I recently met another Necro who didn’t even know what he was until a wandering soul enlightened him.” While I didn’t like Necromancers I wouldn’t wish that lost feeling on anyone. Not even those that dabbled in the darkest arts. “If a place like this existed here then maybe those drawn to Index that don’t know why can be informed. Not to mention it would be a bevy of knowledge for all. Witches, Warlocks, Vampires…Wolves.” I tentatively added that last species. Inviting them into the building was a bit of a death wish. However my business did not discriminate and the Museums upper floor was to become the hub for Idiom. “I’ll be creating a physical office here for my business too, so it could also become somewhat of a marketplace.” Also a meeting spot. Wasn’t going to open the doors to pack chats or harbour full nests but it would be a safe place for everyone to commune. “Have a wanted advertisement listed for some help. What with this, my business and everything else. I’m swamped.”

As I’d been talking as well as trying to scan the names and backgrounds of various items that were currently tagged as being in the lobby, I almost missed it. Almost. “Here’s why it’s strange. Don’t know why I didn’t think of it before. I shouldn’t be able to see them right? Here’s why I can down there.” Standing behind her I lowered my phone over her shoulder on the details of one of the objects in question. “Trust me normally I’m more organised than this so when someone sends me something that doesn’t fit my criteria, which happens more than you’d imagine.” A laughed slightly. “I send it back. Right now I have two Owl statues of Muut. I’m betting they produce an aura. They’re Cahuilla so don’t fit the Native American exhibit I have.” The screen stated a brief description. Muut was the personification and messenger of death in the culture of the Native American Cahuilla people of southern California and northern Mexico, and was usually depicted as an owl or as the unseen hooting of owls. “Can you see it? I know its here.” Like it was just beyond the bookcase next to us. Peering through the cracks.

Back to top Go down

Re: [Open-2] Shadow of a Doubt

Daphne Collins | Witch; Necromancer

Posted on Sun May 21, 2017 9:52 pm

Ah, I said, thinking back to the spell he'd used in the woods. I hadn't spent a lot of time thinking about what his specialty was, especially compared to the amount of time I'd spent thinking about how he'd responded to my specialty - childish, but at least it'd been remedied. My lack of knowledge of things in general was rather frustrating. My mother taught me what she thought to be important, the culture of elementalists, for example, did not meet those requirements, but understanding them and their magic more deeply would be an asset, doubtlessly, if Kai would be willing to share.

My life in London had become so separate in my mind from my life in Index that it sometimes felt like a dream. The details had blurred together until it was sometimes difficult for me to recall how exactly I'd come to be where I was. Still, I remembered clearly the witch who had changed the course of my life so suddenly. I met a witch who identified me as a medium - I hadn't quite come into my power at the time. How exactly it had gone down was not entirely clear, but I still remembered her face down to the last blemish.

Spirits were tricky things to deal with. Learning what you are from one would be a difficult way to do it in the sense that it would be very easy for it to manipulate you and your power. Even knowing what I was, I had been manipulated with some ease by many spirits early on - it hadn't been all bad, but I ended up in some dark places in part because of the things that they whispered into my ear.

I considered the implications of what he was saying. It would essentially be some kind of neutral ground for supers, I supposed, although such a thing would likely be very difficult to achieve. I valued the possibility of having a database of supernatural information available to me, but not all had such a respect for knowledge and learning. Wolves, for example, had never struck me as the educational types. Allowing them, vampires, and warlocks to all occupy the same space sounded like it would end going up in smoke.

I read the description he presented me with and then looked around the room again, in the corner of my eye I though I saw something flit towards the corner. When I turned my head, it was gone. I frowned and then turned back, This may be a good sign then, I said thoughtfully, The statue is amplifying it temporarily somehow. I think it will become more corporeal if it gains more power over you. The idea that the shadow people were connected to us psychologically worried me more than the fact the Kai's had been trying to hurt him physically. Battling something that was in your mind was much more difficult than stepping out of the way of a falling bookshelf.

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics