setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Private] Change in plans

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Gayle Shaffer | Vampire; Ancient

Posted on Sun Mar 05, 2017 12:13 am

Thread Details
Nuicaché | Cold, Wet | Ten PM

Dress. Shoes are a black stiletto with platinum heels. Hair is in a high, sleek ponytail. Dark eye makeup, pale pink lips.

Before making the decision, I kept a honed eye on this place for months before I made the decision that all... in person chatter, would take place here. From what I could tell, unlike Poison, this place was detached from the Supremacy. Opinions varied, but usually the most sympathetic with them was that they "didn't have a problem" with the Supremacy. But it would seem most were here to avoid the watchful eye that lingered at Poison. It didn't help that Nuicaché had much more class. Not every new blood sucker came here for a fix, because they didn't know about it. The gin wasn't too bad, either. Piano, and tonight even a viola to accompany left my ears much happier than the arbitrary nonsense played at Poison. I had decided I would hopefully able to frequent this place not only to make business more pleasurable but for pleasure on its own sake.

I had a thought to text Ásgeirr to notify him of my presence, but this was actually a place I felt I owed the absence of my cell phone. Besides I was enjoying myself, along with the company of a vampire, not quite as old as myself, but perhaps a thousand or so. Born in Central America had given his life a drastically different outlook especially considering his condition. The name he currently used I was certain wasn't his original, Victor. I thought that if I had been interested in intercourse he might be enjoyable, but as of late sexual things were low on my priority list. Eventually, he grew tired of telling his origins and I grew tired of hearing them, and I patiently waited for my intended company knowing I had arrived intentionally early.

Back to top Go down

Re: [Private] Change in plans

Ásgeirr Haagan | Vampire; Senior

Posted on Tue Mar 07, 2017 1:48 pm

Ásgeirr is wearing his usual all black suit

Stepping into Nuicaché felt like coming home. The sea of masks surrounding me as I was led through the door was a familiar sight. No matter how much the world around me changed, Nuicaché always stayed the same. Diana made sure of that. "Why, Asger, long time no see, darling. Where is that little gorgeous blonde pet of yours?" I smirked at her remark. Diana had always been kind. Sensitive, not so much. "It has indeed been quite some time. Gwyneth is at home but she is not, by any means my pet, Diana." In all her grace, Diana simply shrugged. "Whatever floats your boat, dear. Humans are so fragile." And with that she disappeared into the shadows of the room, dress flowing after her like it was carried by the wind itself. A sound escaped my lips, but I wasn't sure if it was out of amusement or bafflement. 

It took only a second for me to spot Gayle. After a few strides I sunk in a chair next to her whilst taking her hand and placing a small kiss there, all in one fluid motion. "Good evening, Gayle." One of the waiters left a glass of blood on the table in front of me, wasting no time in asking what I wanted. My frequent visits had made it very clear what my taste was. "I was very pleased to hear you wanted to meet me here."

Back to top Go down

Re: [Private] Change in plans

Gayle Shaffer | Vampire; Ancient

Posted on Wed Mar 15, 2017 1:10 am

I still found people like him charming, even though I felt like it was a "stage of development" I had long passed. I wondered, if my plan sprung into action, if there would be such a thing - studies of vampire psychology. It would be a shame, it would ruin the entire experience for me almost. However, it had been a long time since I felt so dedicated to my time of origin. I was formal, to an extent, but I considered that more of a product of my class than my time. I had, centuries ago, developed the ability to adapt to my time, yet I still had some admiration for those who hadn't, even if I did find the idea slightly boring. But that's how I managed, changing myself, adapting my own personality, candor, and even goals. I knew I was going to have a time shedding this life, if I ever did. I enjoyed it, and I was at the top. I was still happy, so what was the point?

Evening, sir. I grinned, eyeing him and realizing that I was slightly jealous of the human I'd seen in his company from time to time, even if I wasn't interested in any kind of relationship that would satisfy him in the way she likely did. I looked around after my hand was returned. I've found I appreciate the... discretion of this place. And the nuance.

I began to contemplate that Ásgeirr might not appreciate my new plan, but I knew myself to be convincing when I had to be. I didn't want to have to convince this man by force. Perhaps he would be a powerful ally when passionate about something. But I imagined vampires being "out" might go completely against his worldview. Of course, he could very well prove me wrong.

I brought you here because I believe a strategy change is in order. I know, I know, I'm shooting it down before we've really even started. But hear me out. I sipped my drink, returned it to the table, then took a moment to prepare my words before speaking, as I knew this could be a delicate task.

I don't think our best option is physical warfare, Ásgeirr. I think it's necessary for us to have them change, or at least postpone their goals. I think we need to create a fire they feel necessary to put out as they've done for us.

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics