setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Private] Work and play - Page 2

[Private] Work and play

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: [Private] Work and play

Noelle Faye Benson | Vampire; Infant

Posted on Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:52 pm

I smiled, gently rubbing my neck, shyly. As much as I knew the information would be useful, not much about it was going to change anything if we waited a moment longer. Plus I was too enthralled by Gayle's rat in a cage to dare change the subject. It only grew more interesting, and I felt a twinge of guilt for even considering this boring, it wasn't boring by any standard. You're always singing my favorite tune, Solntse. My smile grew wider as her words echoed so loudly in my head, I knew they were going to stick. And we will. I added, looking confidently towards her, then back to the toy behind the glass display, exhibit A.

And he's content? Was he stupid, or just desperate? Not that I considered any form of courtesy from my maker would only be accepted out of desperation. But a wolf? I was practically salivating at the sight of him, just by knowing what a tasty treat he was. He had to a be a fool, a damned fool. But he was her fool, and by some twisted extension, mine as well. Now that thought was one practically saturated in inspiration. Ideas were forming, but were cut short when my maker spoke again. Oooooh! A chill ran down my spine at the not only delicious and handsome toy in the window, but he was a destructive one too. Just my flavor.

My fingertips pressed against the glass as I peered inside in awe, at both Gayle's explanation, and the being on the other side. It only got more interesting, and Gayle's own words lead me back to my moment of inspiration. Loyal... Like a pet... I whispered, feeling genuinely... Just astonished at what my maker had accomplished. Finally pulling myself away from the glass to look at my maker, my unbeating heart skipped a beat at the sight of her, as it always did if I went mere moments without gazing upon her. Can you... Is there a way you can sire a wolf? Not hybrids, but... Actually sire without changing them, without altering their DNA? I've never experienced a feeling of loyalty stronger than the one we share... Imagine the things we could accomplish with a pack of our own... It was clear the idea wasn't exactly a suggestion, but more a wild dream concocted by my own mischievous mind. To say I wasn't curious, however, would be a lie.

I peered in at him again, my head tearing away with an expression of concern as I looked back towards my maker. I listened, hanging on every word. I'd never been so intent, so focused. Her voice was bewitching in itself, her appearance enrapturing, but it wasn't just the combination of the two, but the fact that every word out of my makers mouth always came with purpose, with meaning. I felt I was constantly learning from her, constantly being taught, but it wasn't a negative experience, it was... Always... And forever enlightening. How? I asked simply, staring at her, completely forgetting to blink as I awaited her answer. What... What do you have in mind?

Back to top Go down

Gayle Shaffer | Vampire; Ancient

Posted on Tue Mar 28, 2017 6:20 pm

My yediny v odnom, I spoke, we are one in the same. And that we were, but I still couldn't help feel an insurmountable sense of pride and privilege that she was my progeny. Barely a baby and already such a force to be reckoned with, so comfortable in her skin. I couldn't take any credit - Noelle was absolutely born to be what I had made her.

He is very happy, yes. But I had a spur of luck with this one. He was newly turned, not much time to bond with his pack. We are the closest to a pack he has at the moment. He wouldn't have agreed with that, and in fact, by nature, he was still an argumentative little thing, but it was only because we hadn't quite broken him yet. Of course, he would be broken and then rebuilt in our own image. Or at least that was the plan. Things were changing, but there were still advantages to having a watchdog or two. And anyone would agree that we afforded him with much more dignity than my old friend Ursula would have spared.

It's an interesting question, and, to be perfectly honest I'm not sure. There are rumors, but even still it's so much of a taboo that we don't know the answer. But you know how I feel about taboos, I said, sending her a perfectly charming smile and a wink. I agree with the idea, in a sense, but I have my own reasons, even if they are foolishly idealistic. I began walking away from the apartment, not particularly in the mood for a discussion with our "pet". He was only a small part of what I had wanted to tell Noelle, to show her, and to offer her. I must set myself apart from the Supremacy. It's a larger scale of our own hunting preferences, isn't it? Sometimes compulsion is a necessity, but sometimes it's boring, isn't it? Those collars - I'll admit, the original design came from my lab. But remember Ogma is more than just myself. And while it might be good to have on hand, it's certainly an easy button I'm not interested in. Don't you find it more fun when you can convince your victims to think they want to do your bidding? When they're pissing in fear and yet they still strip down for you and invite your advances? And not because you tell them to, but because you have another kind of power over them. Same with any allies we might have or gain - They'll work with us because we'll have a power over them, something they'll need or want more than they'll admit.

I nodded to one of the researchers as we passed by. A woman, I hadn't learned her name yet, she was new, but I had seen her face enough for her to be familiar. We headed now toward the elevator. We can continue the rest of this conversation in my suite?

The elevator doors closed in front of us. To answer your earlier question, I have something large in mind. Something historical and I'm so excited you'll be around to witness it. Just as we've worked together for time in the sun, we're going to work together for something else. It was a long ride, as this was my own personal lift, and it was going all the way to the top. We're going to come out into the sun in another way, Noelle. We're going shout our existence, and no longer hide what we are.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Thu Mar 30, 2017 1:13 am

I did feel like a complete unit beside her. Her presence brought completion to me. It sounded terribly romantic, which it was, but it was also more. If I had one opportunity to time travel, I would go back and slap myself in the face for ever resisting her. Luckily the emotional and depressing fool within me had died with my horrendous wardrobe choices. I was a new being, and I only had one person to thank for that, the woman beside me now.

The corners of my mouth turned upwards in a devilish grin so wide I didn't want to hide it, I wanted the world to see it. We were his pack. To say I'd never been tempted to own a puppy, one of the wolf breed, would be a lie. However I could never justify it. I'd only love it until it grew too large, and keeping it in it's desirable wolfen form would be a challenge. As delicious a snack it would be when it was aged beyond my desire, I was also not in the business of making enemies, even with wolves. My particular job title demanded the opposite. Fascinating... I whispered as I peered in at him once more, completely immersed in the subject. And here I thought I wouldn't hear anything awe inspiring from my makers lips that would top her gift of daylight rings. I should have known better.

My smile turned to face her. I had been obsessing over this idea of wolves, loyal to us in particular. So much in fact, that I hadn't even considered the possibility that this being in a glass cage wasn't the surprise, but just a part of it. I walked perfectly in sync beside her, our pace matching perfectly. However my eyes stayed glued to her. Any idealism from you, Solnste, is hardly foolish. I rubbed the ring she had gifted me against the side of my jaw as a display, a perfect example. My hand returned to my side as I tried to follow, tried to see where she was leading this conversation. I nodded along, blinking at her through wide inspired eyes.

Certainly. I nodded, still musing over everything she'd just said as I entered the elevator. That was where the real gem was revealed. And it glowed in a bright shade of crimson that only chaos could produce. I could feel my smile returning, and it stayed as the elevator opened. My speed carried me out of the door and in front of my maker with excitement. So that's what this... All of this, everything you've been saying... You want... Gayle... Her name came out with an exhale, my smile now a permanent fixture. We both know they won't agree with this. War may not be the goal, but it's coming if we challenge them on a scale as large as this. What you want to do, can't be undone, Solnste. And I'm not saying I disagree, in fact, I find the idea tickles me in all the right places; I'm even finding it difficult to not smother you in affection right here and now just to prove how much I support it. But... Is that what the wolf is truly for? This? My fangs were out now, which I blamed entirely on all of the excitement. How... I started, but didn't finish. Admittedly, I'm overwhelmed.

Back to top Go down

Gayle Shaffer | Vampire; Ancient

Posted on Sat Apr 01, 2017 12:36 am

Nothing about the bond between a sire and a progeny felt fake, however, sometimes you wondered if your "children" were the best sounding board. I imagine it would take a great deal of strength to be honest with a maker, especially one of a high age like myself. I'd learned the bond, at least what I felt, only grew stronger with the years. Maybe it was my age, my strength, or maybe it was the fact that I'd become much more selective. Fewer children, and when you had outlived so many - you learned to treasure what you had. There were things about myself I'd come to realize were only the foolish desires of an old woman. Not world peace, obviously I'd learned that so called peace was rather boring. But I still had a code of sorts.

Any happiness I see in you is my breath, Noelle. That's why I had to give you the sun. Perhaps it's selfish. I added a cheeky grin to the end, not wanting things to be too... dramatic. Besides, I was hoping the news, the request I had of her, would be exciting for her. Already, I was thrilled with her reaction. Not a drooling, forever agreeable lapdog - supportive but asked the right questions. My Noelle had taken to her role much better, really, than any progeny had. There is already a war, dear, I'm simply forcing them to fight on two fronts. I smiled, as I'd just revealed the brightest strategy considerable. There was something deep inside of me that considered it desperation. But going... mainstream, had always been a goal of mine. I was simply speeding up the time frame.

The wolf was my project before I made this decision, but he will no doubt be a benefit. I wanted your thoughts on the matter. Like I said, we want them to be fighting not one but two battles. I've considered sending him back. Returning him to his pack. A gift to strengthen one front while we fight another. What are your thoughts?

The elevator had lead directly into a foyer, a brief barrier between its opening and my home. However, my staff, especially Lilah, had insisted upon my security, so I had to interrupt our conversation for another retina scan before entering. I apologize. It's a shame, such a small thing can really make a place feel less like home. The glass door retracted and I stepped into the living area. Have a seat, we'll have dinner shortly. I felt a slight pang of shame, seeing as I felt no meal I could provide her was worthy of the occasion.

I relaxed beside her, one leg crossing over another. It's going to be a massive media event, I began to explain. Television, radio, social media, and general viral marketing. Now was the moment I had been so excited about, the moment where I could offer to Noelle such an important piece of the cake. The make or break role of the mission.

Did you enjoy your time on the radio, Noelle? Do you think you'd enjoy television?

Back to top Go down

Posted on Mon Apr 17, 2017 4:24 pm

It made sense. Her idea was like laying down a circle of fuel, lighting a match, and letting it burn. The question was, how would it end? Would we find ourselves trapped at the center of that fiery circle? Or would they? I'd been called many things, and over confident definitely wasn't one plucked from the rare tree. And I was proving it to myself here and now. Because I felt no fear, even with grim outcomes hanging over our heads, I felt nothing but excitement. I wouldn't call myself dependent, but admittedly, I didn't feel there was any bad situation my maker couldn't get us out of safely. I constantly found myself in the center of her whirlwind of chaos, and if I was completely honest, that's exactly where I felt most at home.

It's simple, but effective. I thought aloud, mindlessly running my fangs gently over my bottle lip as I stared off into space, completely absorbed in all of the possibilities, all of the doors this would open... And the few it would close. I smiled wide, my eyes landing back on hers. Need I say it? Anything that causes chaos in the ranks of our dictators, and ends this ridiculous secret society of vampire lifestyles is more than exciting to me. I can't tell you how many times I've felt it ridiculous that we have to hide. Like there's something to be afraid of or ashamed of, it's all incredibly tiring. I don't feel fear or shame, baggage like that is for emo kids and novelists of tortured bad boy cliches.

Admittedly, my mind is open, but my view is narrow. I find it hard to see beyond you and our family. But I can't pretend it's not a good idea. Both fronts need to be strong, otherwise the entire plan crumbles. And I'm terrible at losing, I simply don't know how because we never do. My excitement hadn't faded, but I did notice that after pointing out my narrow view, I began thinking over how I could possibly make this even better. I had a shoe in many doors, which one I entered would be decided based on how helpful I could potentially be. Of course I would talk over any huge decisions with my maker first, but nothing made me happier than surprising her with good choices and actions.

Well you already know you're more than welcome to stay with me. I added, knowing very well that offering Gayle a permanent residence in Index was like offering a bird a cage, opposed to the freedom of the outdoors. I smiled at the thought as I found my seat and got comfortable, my hair moving to one side and head tilted exposing my neck. We could always head to Arashiyama Bamboo Forest in Japan for dinner. Perhaps the Neuschwanstein Castle in Germany? I spoke up, enticing her with another getaway... Secretly hoping she'd bite.

I listened, combing through my hair with my fingers, getting them caught on an imaginary knot as my Maker offered me the world yet again. My eyes raised to meet hers first, then my entire body shifted. If you're suggesting what I believe you're suggesting... If my heart had a beat, it'd have gone from a steady slow beat, to a techno beat instantly. No... I replied, but in disbelief, not disapproval. What about Lilah? I mean... You know I'd take that position and run with it, I'd be dedicated but... Me? Who the hell was I kidding? Modesty was the worst color on me. Yes! I said quickly, I agree, I approve, just... Yes! I didn't even know how long I was smiling, or how long my fangs had been out.

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics