setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Private] Work and play

[Private] Work and play

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

[Private] Work and play

Gayle Shaffer | Vampire; Ancient

Posted on Sat Mar 04, 2017 10:40 pm

Thread Details
Ogma Industries Tower, Bottom level | Cold, drizzle | Afternoon

Dress. Hair is in a side bun. Makeup is simple eyes with deep red lips. Nude stilettos. Nails match lips in color.

As clinical as this floor felt, I had made sure that the lobby was different. African Blackwood flooring, Calcutta gold honed marble slab statement pieces for the wall. The sofas I knew nothing about except for that fact that it was comfortable despite how they looked, and were a dark magenta in color. Ebony statues looked like they were stalagmites jutting up from the floor. I didn't design this room, and I wasn't a fan, but it was clearly a statement to money. Materials purchased simply because they were expensive. Some moron doesn't understand the difference between money and class.

I rested comfortably and deeply into the couch, my legs crossed and feet haplessly planted on the coffee table, thinking it might not be so bad if there was an improved source of light. Ah, a shame there was no way to get sunlight in this room, Even if I could, my daywalking "perk" was only for a select few. And most working down in this level were not in those few. Don't get me wrong, I was thankful to them. And they were rewarded, but this was a gift not meant for everyone. It was also a very strategic gift.

"Ms. Shaffer? I apologize, is there something I can help you with today?"
No, I'm waiting for company. I won't be- Actually, could you be a dear and fetch a martini, extra dirty, and a gin and tonic?
A nod, and the young, blonde haired by was off, looking around like he was lost. Looking for a bar in research wouldn't work out too well, but hopefully someone would clue him in on the appropriate number to call.

Back to top Go down

Re: [Private] Work and play

Noelle Faye Benson | Vampire; Infant

Posted on Sun Mar 05, 2017 12:45 am

Makeup - Hair - Dress - Shoes [Heel is actually leather stiletto, not chunky like pictured.]

Any summons from my maker was treated with both urgency and delight. But planned summons were treated with a little extra enthusiasm. Even in cases where they were only planned minutes prior. My maker didn't use her bond to call upon me for every meeting, and I appreciated that. There was something about the chill it sent rippling through my skin, I just associated it with bad news. It even came as a surprise to me that after all, not all bad news was good news. Sometimes it was truly, truly bad.

As my feet carried me through the threshold, I pulled my Blancpain watch from my Armani clutch to check the time. Right on time, and not out of fear from my makers wrath either. I'd come to learn we shared a special relationship. I did not fear her, nor did I love her out of necessity. It didn't take time to grow, it wasn't like that. In fact, our relationship grew the most shortly after our daylight rings had become permanent accessories to every ensemble. But it grew fast, and I'd actually come to respect her, completely.

"Ms. Benson." I was greeted with a polite nod, and immediately passed off my handbag, umbrella, and jacket. ''She is waiting for you in the-" I know where she is, thank you. I straightened out my dress and paused a moment to look at myself in a reflective planter. I ran my hands over my hair, then down my dress, making sure there wasn't a strand out of place or a single wrinkle or fold in my fabric before heading in the direction of my maker.

The second I saw her, the absolute instant, a smile spread wide across my face and my pace quickened. My arms were outstretched several steps before I arrived directly in front of her. Well aren't you an absolute vision? My smile faded as I leaned in to greet her with a kiss on either side of her cheek, my hands gently resting on her shoulders for each one.

I took a step to the side and straightened out the fabric of my dress one more time to prevent wrinkles before sitting down. Do we have any refr- I paused for a moment as a light hair man approached us with a tray, Ah, perfection. I said with a closed smile as I reached for what I knew to be my drink. I wasted no time taking a sip, Magnifique. I expressed my approval before setting the drink down on a nearby surface. So... I leaned back, pulling my hair to one side. What's in store tonight, my solntse? Pain or pleasure?

Back to top Go down

Posted on Mon Mar 06, 2017 7:25 pm

I didn't consider myself forgetful, not at least until I saw Noelle. When I thought I could imagine her stunning face to perfection I was always proven wrong, and it wasn't just her appearance - it was her presence and candor. I'd created a magnificent creature. I was handed my gin and tonic and it brought a smile on my face that I was able to provide even the smallest of luxuries for her. Prekrasneye, chem vse zvezdy vmeste. More beautiful than all the stars together. And she was. There was a completeness I felt when she was at my side, and I couldn't imagine just how exponential it would be if my whole family could be here, even Benjamin. The bond with the progeny of a progeny - it was complicated, but I wholeheartedly believed it to be real. It just required a little more... effort. He would eventually come to understand. I felt robbed by the Supremacy that they had stolen my efforts away from building a home, a family, a "nest" (even though I detested that term. We weren't bugs, or birds.

Pain and pleasure don't have to be mutually exclusive, my dear, but I'm afraid this is business. I didn't let my smile fade. But it's me - business doesn't have to be boring. I raised my glass to her before taking a drink then setting it on the table. I have something, or I suppose someone to show you. Care to join me for a walk? I swiveled, too excited to care completely for grace, and moved to stand, my hand reaching out for my darling Noelle. I kissed her hand, for no reason more than that I wanted to touch her. Then I started toward the more clinical area of the lab.

"Excuse me, I'm sorry to disturb such beauty, but do the two of you require company?" The same young man who had delivered our drinks. No thank you. The corridor had glossy black flooring and pristine white walls, with glass windows into the rooms. Some were labs, offices, and a clean room or two. Not quite as much work happening today as many of my employees were vampires. I stopped when we came to a door, no label, however there was an electronic device on the right side of the door. I opened the front facing and leaned in, allowing my eye to be scanned. The door opened and I allowed Noelle to enter first.

This hallway was lined with smaller windows, into rooms, or better worded apartments. Many were empty, but in a few of them you could peer into a living room. While there were no personal knickknacks, the apartments were nicely furnished. We stopped at one to our left, and I peered at a man sitting in a gaming chair, playing some form of video game. I stopped and turned to Noelle.

I've been thinking that my initial idea of a strategy of... an army... was wrong. I paused, rolled my eyes, then corrected myself. At least, not a typical army. I don't think it's warfare that will bring them down.

Back to top Go down

Noelle Faye Benson | Vampire; Infant

Posted on Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:22 pm

How could one being arouse so much confidence and insecurity within me at the same time? I didn't need my reflection to know my cheeks turned a subtle shade of red when she spoke, and I complimented the color with an equally subtle smile as I broke eye contact. She was the only one I cared to be coy around, the only one that deserved it. Great minds, Gayle. Interestingly enough, I have some business of my own to share. However small. But I'm in no rush, we can talk about that later. While it was never spoken, I knew Gayle knew of my... Alliances. And I was certain she knew just how insincere those relationships were. They were business relationships. Keeping my toes dipped in many waters simply meant I had many allies to turn to, if any turned on me. There was nothing I enjoyed more than providing my maker with a little nugget of useful information, even if she already had her own army of sheep for just that purpose. And my false alliances had given me heaps of information in the past.

I would love nothing more. I grinned, fangs exposed. My curiosity is overwhelming. I admitted, imagining all kinds of unlikely possibilities. Typically involving chains, nudity, and blood. Unfortunately, I knew my location. And that wasn't particularly my makers style at this location. So I took her hand eagerly, as much as my imagination was entertaining me with images of sad little bodies hanging from the ceiling by their sad little arms, Gayle was enticing me with something far more delicious. A surprise.

The journey felt further than it probably was. Being interrupted stole no more of my attention than a simple afterthought. In fact, I was more distracted by the temperature change as we moved from one room to another. It was a mild change, but enough to cover my exposed skin in little bumps. All of which disappeared in ripples as my body adjusted, and I peered in at a seemingly useless and unimportant individual, dumbing down his itty bitty brain with video games no less. I looked at her curiously, the weight of my confused expression held in my brow. And him? I asked, feeling a twinge of disappointment at her statement. But that faded as curiosity consumed me, and logic took hold. What will bring them down, Gayle? I asked, my mind filling with the usual questions. Cutting off their income? Mental warfare instead of physical? Killing them with boredom as they're forced to watch handsome idiots play video games?

Back to top Go down

Posted on Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:50 am

My head cocked to the side and the corners of my lips pulled apart. Oh, I love your surprises. I’m not sure I’ll be able to wait. This was exactly why I loved my progeny, she was like me, but younger, and in a sense, better. I considered myself adaptable, but this was her world. She understood the nuances of modernity and it awarded her with a different perspective that I could only pretend to see. But what I loved the most was the combination of us. We fit like a puzzle, what one lacked the other made up for in droves. I knew, once we gained momentum, nothing would be able to stop us. I stared at her in awe, my smile only growing.

With the two of us together we could have the world on its knees, do you know that?

I peered into the window at the man, oh, I did love it. It was why my project was so close to being perfect. He seemed like your typical angry pup, rebelling against the cards that had been dealt to him. Trying as hard as he could to reject that life changing moment that had turned him, in so coming to me, or at least, obeying my beckon. He’s certainly more than what he seems. He was meant to be a perfect weapon against them. A pup, and an easy catch. I snatched him up as soon as the supremacy began their abductions. Before I completely understood what they wanted with them. The window was at this point, a two way mirror. I didn’t want him to know he had an audience. A part of me would be, a rare emotion for me, embarrassed at the way I knew he would react to the absolutely stunning being in my company. And rightfully so, but there was no dignity to his appreciation.

His ability is what kept my interest. I have a few others, but this one seems the most useful. Disintegration. And I’ve made it stronger, I’ve decreased the costs, and I’ve handed him a comfortable life. For that I have his loyalty. Can you imagine? A wolf loyal to a vampire? I took a few steps away from the window into the apartment. Of course, it’s not the sort of loyalty that we can expect from each other. I’m wary of it. A concerned look rose to my face. But all this effort, and I believe I’ve been misguided the entire time. I leaned against the wall, feeling the hard coldness of the wall against my back.

I’ve had a vision, a complete paradigm shift in strategy. They have us wanting to put out their fire, because unlike them, we understand that in order to have power, there must be something to have power over. Of course it would be easy for a lion to have power over an injured lamb, what’s the fun in that? I knew she understood why I fought their goals, and I knew I didn’t need to convince her… or did I? Perhaps it wasn’t distrust but disbelief that left me with a feeling that I needed yet to continue to earn Noelle’s loyalty, to explain it, to make her happy about the work she did for me.

I think instead of being like the wolves, and coming to them with blunt warfare, we need to bring our own fire to them. We need to start a revolution of our own, one that does not work in their interest. One that shines a spotlight on their cowardice.

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics