setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Private] Near Journey's End - Page 2

[Private] Near Journey's End

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: [Private] Near Journey's End

Keon N Ravelich | Wolf; Warrior/Fighter

Posted on Mon Mar 06, 2017 1:20 am

What? Even though my eyelids were drooping my mind heard what Apollo was saying. Did? No…Nah. I was just tired. The radio frequencies would be shut off for a while as my energy levels weren’t registering high enough to bring in the chatter. That had to be the reason why I’d heard him say he wasn’t going to kill her right? A different kind of fear rose up in my stomach. Really twisting my gut into a ball of confusion. Reaching up again to my hood I dragged it back sluggishly enough to really stare hard at Apollo.

Looking people directly in the eyes was something I found difficult. Almost felt as if they would be able to tell that I wasn’t totally focused on them. Due to this I don’t think I had completely developed an ability to read facial expressions. Had no idea what the hell was going on in Apollo’s head and that’s what scared me. More than anything. Why wouldn’t we kill her? Why would he not want to?

Closing my eyes I heard Vega’s soft melodic voice fill my head. It was like a lullaby but everything she said just didn’t sit right when it came to the Lone. I almost wanted to tell her to shut the fuck up. Not that I ever would. I knew I could trust you to be level headed Apollo. Listen to your brother Matrix. She knew without a doubt that I was always behind him one hundred per cent. “But…” I mumbled but didn’t continue to protest. I’m not excusing her for her betrayal or saying she should not be held accountable. As great as that sounded I knew there was more. Apollo and I had never spoken about it but she had pulled me aside one night.

Vega could just tell that I had been sick over the thought that someone like Luxx had pulled wool over everyone’s eyes so definitively. Her actions made me wary. Had me thinking that those that knew I wasn’t born of the Sequoia would begin to think I could be the same as she. For I was a lone, even if I had just been just a child. Not even old enough to understand what that term even meant. You don’t know what storm she has been asked to walk through. It’s easy to see the mistakes, harder to understand what caused them. However times time are dire so forgiveness is in short supply. There was a lengthy pause which I closed my eyes for the duration for. Hearing Vega speak of the Lone like she was just a broken toy that needed some tender loving care made me sick. Like actually bloody ill. Both of them had me feeling like I could blow chunks all over the forest floor any second now. She knows how to run. It’s what she does best. “Good then, we chase her backstabbing ass to the edge of town then.” Then I would take that Welcome to Index sign and smash her over the head with it.

Back to top Go down

Paul Thacker

Paul Thacker | Wolf; Warlord/Battlelord

Posted on Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:21 pm

The very last thing I wanted to do was argue with Vega, but I had a point to make. Forgiveness or no, I said aloud, She's a threat. Times are different, but we can't completely drop the idea of quality over quantity. Especially if one of those numbers gets the lot of us killed. It's not personal. I threw in the last bit, even if we all knew that was partly a lie. I believed I had the two separated, but the fact that the objective goal might be in line with my personal goal didn't hurt.
"What is the point of keeping me around, slowing you down, if neither of you want to hear what I speak? Let me speak with her first. I can assess her intentions."
Absolutely not. I didn't even have to think about it. My Vega, our Vega was hanging on by a thread. She had to know, if her life was lost with Luxx anywhere in that picture, Luxx would definitely die at my hands, and without an ounce of shame.

I ran my fingers through Vega's hair one more time before removing the sack from behind me and placed it on the ground and opened it, pulling out two bottles of water, making Vega take a drink of the first. I drank from mine, wiped my lips and removed my phone from my pocket. Pulling up Matrix's name I typed a message to him, without pressing send, and gave him a look.

We will have to talk later. Once we have someone to watch Vega. I want no more stress on Vega but I want Luxx in the ground.

Once more arrive here, this spot, we'll set up camp. And I'll find the alpha and speak to him. I don't think we can truly assess our risks until we speak with the alpha. I could hear them, the next group. I had purposefully split our numbers into four smaller groups for tactical reasons. They wouldn't be too far behind. I honestly looked forward to this one, the children. They were more eager, saw this as more of an adventure than we did. They were excited to set up tents and experience the different land. Everyone else, myself included, felt like this was something of a death march. Besides, I knew the children's presence would cheer up Vega.

We could use a fire. We're too close to pretend to be hiding anyway. I'll gather wood for a minute if you keep an eye on Vega. The next group is only about ten minutes out.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Thu Mar 23, 2017 4:03 pm

The Mother Theresa of Wolves. That’s what we were dealing with. Was glad that I could excuse myself from talking due to fatigue after pulling on the reigns of my ability. Apollo just had a way with words. Bet he could convince anyone that jumping off a bridge was a good idea. Vega was a tough nut to crack though, which always had me looking between them feeling that seesaw pull of who was making headway in a discussion. In no way did I want Vega planting seeds in Apollo’s head. Was bad enough he was even considering letting the Lone live…after what she had done. Urgh. No. My stomach.

Having a break from the insistent insect drone of radio waves was a blessing but I knew it was only a matter of time before it was back. I envied wolves that had more control over their gifts. Tucking my hood firmly around my head I felt the hum return slowly. Then behind my eyes something flickered. It was a strange thing to try to explain to others. Easy to understand that I could hear radio signals. Listen in on telephone conversations but when I tried to explain that I could see messages. That’s when I got the confused looks. Like they were being burned into the underside of my eyelids I saw words begin scrawling their way across my vision. Letting out a deep cavernous sigh of relief I shakily got to my feet. He did want her dead. Vega would have our balls if she knew that we both felt some solace in the demise of another wolf but what she didn’t know, wouldn’t hurt her. “Cool, campfire sounds good.” I sluggishly moved to replace Apollo while he went in search of firewood.

Matrix. My eyes from within my hood dropped down to Vega’s face. You look out for him alright? I fear what’s coming will be harder on him than any of you. That brought back the cloud of foreboding. This was why I didn’t do the prophecy thing. I had the utmost respect for the spiritual but it still gave me the wiggins that they could see things, know things, that the rest of us couldn’t. “You know I will. But you know what would be sweet? If you would tell us what’s coming.” A soft song of laughter filled my head. And have the two of you try to stop it? Some things have to happen Matrix, lessons have to be learned. Sometimes the hard way.

All of a sudden there was a commotion from further down the procession. Muffled yells like the wolves were trying to keep their voices down, though they wanted to bellow. Leaning protectively over Vega I locked my gaze on the direction of all the noises. A small grey wolf careened between two older Sequoia who were trying to share a bottle of water. Between them their frail hands only just manage to stop it spilling everywhere. “Hey, what did Apollo tell you about acting like fools Ananke?” Attached to the Fighters dense fur were two much smaller bodies. Ara and Sio. The youngest of the remaining Sequoia.

They tumbled off her in a fumble of oversized paws, large eyes and round tummies. Don’t be such a fuddy duddy Matrix, the pups are bored. Ananke tilted her canine head, licking a pink tongue over her snout. Are we close? The two pups waddled over to the stretcher. Sio wobbling as he sat up straight probably trying to look like he was guarding Vega. His pack sister Ara began licking the Spiritual Leaders motionless hand. “Not far. Just waiting for the second to reach us. Then I guess, we go, I dunno, introduce ourselves?”

Back to top Go down

Paul Thacker

Paul Thacker | Wolf; Warlord/Battlelord

Posted on Mon Mar 27, 2017 6:53 am

Fatigue had me in an apathetic state, picking up whatever twigs and branches lay on the ground, no matter size and I was reminded of my own words, quality over quantity and my fear grew. Was that going to be what was left of us? Those like Luxx, who only survived this chaos because of some kind of cut-throat deal with the devil? Those who stepped on the backs of others? I shook my head, as if I was actually in a conversation with someone else. When did I become so pessimistic? I had thought of myself as tough, but still an optimist. Like it was easy to have a good outcome, you just had to earn it. What if I was only fighting because it was all I knew how to do?

But then there was a presence that brought a smile to my lips, and I quickly grabbed up the rest of what I could carry so that I could get back to camp sooner. Ara, Sio, Ananke. With the young there was always hope, wasn't there? That's what I was fighting for. One day when I had my own land again, my own pups. Sitting on the porch with something cold and strong while I watched my young play and be merry because they didn't yet know the struggles of the world. The very thought was a hard one to shake, simply because I didn't want to as I made it back to Matrix, Vega and the newcomers.

HOW do you still have that kind of energy? I asked, my voice now feeling more light-hearted than it had that entire day and while my muscles were tired and I remained thirsty, I felt relaxed. I remembered part of something Vega had once told me; Home is no longer a place. For the first time, I could accept those words. I love you guys, but you gotta be careful, especially around Vega. No words, but I felt a scoff from Vega. I knew she hated being treated like some three thousand year old fragile vase, but she was way more important to me, to us. You're going to be cared for, Vega, deal with it. I dropped the wood in a nice open place and found my own canteen, sighing before taking a drink. Which of you youngun's wanna start the fire? Since you're still all powered up? I'm not too proud to delegate here, just so you all know.

Overhearing the last words, I finally commented on the plan. I want a good camp set up, a few more of us here before we go talking to anyone. We don't know what to expect, and as much as I hate to say it, having some defense around isn't a bad idea. With the fangs so pervasive, I don't know how many collared wolves there are here or just exactly what we're dealing with. I want Matrix and Nova at my side. Nova should be here soon. If I hadn't known better, I would have thought Nova's ability was something to do with diplomacy, or something to do with her charisma. In fact, her ability was microscopic vision. Maybe it had a part in it, maybe she'd learned to see minuscule details that allowed her to sense truth from fiction.

I stood proud as while I was speaking, the older of the pups were already putting up a tent, so I met them halfway and started the fire, plopping on my tired ass and waiting for the moment I sensed Nova.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Wed Mar 29, 2017 2:21 am

Having only just controlled my ability for a moment, just to sneak a peek at the last message on Luxx’s phone I didn’t have to actually take a nap. The more I focused, the heavier the fatigue. Still the long walk paired with viewing the evidence of a traitor doing what she does best, was making my eyelids open and close like the nodding of a bobble-head dog. Ananke never listened to me, but she went all doe-eyed when Apollo reappeared. Didn’t have the attention span to tell her to calm her farm. Left the wrangling of the wild ducklings to Apollo, once again it was something he was far better at doing than I was. Guess most folks would be bitter if they could look at someone like I did Apollo. See all the ways they just fell short. Me? Well, I think he brought out the best in me. When I was around him I just tried that little bit harder.

Rummaging in the knapsack hanging off the side of the stretcher I pulled out a can of energy drink. Practically lived off the things. Shit replaced my blood. “Collared Wolves. Fangs. Luxx. This place sounds worse than what we came from bro.” I cracked open the tab and sluggishly shifted over to plonk right down beside him. Pulling back my hood I rubbed a dirt-encrusted hand through my permanently disheveled hair. “What’s the plan? We gonna tell him?” We had to right? Give this Alpha the heads up that ours never had. Kinda saw it as our way of making amends for being the ones who had invited her sorry ass in the door in the first place.

Soon as the fire was lit I nestled my drink in a cavern of grass and dirt and held my palms towards it. Much preferred the great outdoors. The further I got away from civilization the better my head was. As it was music was once again finding its way into my brain. This time the station had changed. Deep House. More up my alley. I glanced over at Vega who had sunk further into the stretcher. Maybe she was finally getting some actual rest. She’d been so intent on keeping herself mentally alert to motivate our progression through telling stories of the Sequoia.

“Look, if you don’t want to do it yourself. I’ll do it.” As much as I wanted to believe him that he wanted her dead, I also didn’t want him getting anywhere near her. That bitch had a way about her that gave me nightmares. Didn’t personally want to talk to her either, or even see her face but for Apollo, for the Sequoia, I was willing to step outside my comfort zone. “Or I could…yanno…get back to practicing.” I winced at the very thought. Vega had been trying to get me to move my ability to its next stages. I was never going to be fully able to control the static, but with training, I could manipulate it. Not just open up a channel to see specifics. All I would need was the Pack Masters cell phone number and I could try and send my own Luxx tagged text message. One that she wouldn’t live to know had come from me.

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics