setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Private] Snowball Bumblebee Bazooka - Page 2

[Private] Snowball Bumblebee Bazooka

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: [Private] Snowball Bumblebee Bazooka

Vincent Sawyer Byrne | Wolf; Pack Master/Alpha

Posted on Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:29 pm

I hate socks. I blurted out miserably. It wasn't true, and the topic wasn't nearly as fucking ornery as I'd made it sound. But I was still pleased with how it came out. In fact, it was the first thing I'd said since I'd tossed eggs in her general direction that was making me feel less morning blues grumpy, and more alive. No, I wasn't a morning person, but getting the toxic rage fueled feeling out in insults was like pouring out that liquid puddle that always built up in sour cream, slowly. Once it was all out, maybe I wouldn't hate her so much for waking me up with some obnoxious song about ding dongs. Unlikely, but that was the ideal I was aiming for. Maybe to the first one, but the second one is a blatant lie. I muttered into my cup, my eyes intently focused on the outside. I actually did like snow, but I liked smoking in comfort even more.

What? What the fuck did that mean? You do realize this place can seat more than one comfortably, right? I didn't get it, and didn't care to get it. I didn't need to, in fact, I was too busy snorting into my coffee, sending it sloshing out the sides and onto my lap. I growled at the mess and wiped my mouth, When the fuck did you become such an alcoholic? I mean shit, we end up having one fucking thing in common and you're never around. So much for building a... I don't know, mutual understanding. No, not friendship, no, not relationship... Mutual understanding were the only words that felt somewhat right coming out of my mouth.

Yeah, drowning was the top contender for a while. But don't go thinkin' you're something special, I have the same fantasies about most anyone I meet that causes steam to come out of my ears. A fake smile accompanied the entire speech, and a drink of coffee erased it. Yes to the first part, no to the last. I added, twisting off the cap of the bottle to give my coffee a little extra boost. If I could get as loopy drunk as she was maybe I could get back to sleep.

Stop... I groaned, throwing my head back as she opened her mouth again, groaning louder and rolling my eyes. When the fuck did you become that guy? Fishing for me to tell you "Oh no Luxxipoo, please don't leave, I don't want you to leave, stay with me and make a mess of my kitchen and wake me up with loud ass annoying songs about king kong everyday because I need you! Just stop. I hate when people do that shit. I paused, turning to look in her direction, But really, leave. I added, not really expecting her to.

You can turn the stereo back on if you sear to me that you won't compare me to food items for the rest of the day.

Back to top Go down

Lilith Alysbury | Wolf; Warlord/Battlelord

Posted on Mon Dec 12, 2016 11:31 pm

When intoxicated multi-tasking became very difficult. Usually it was second nature. Battle training and all that razzamataz. With booze brain even following conversation was hard when I was also glancing over at the stove every second wondering if I was going to burn the bacon. Was Onyx an extra crispy man? Why the fuck hadn’t I ever thought about these important pressing questions? What the hell were we even talking about? What could seat more than one comfortably? Was he talking about the couch? Forgetting about music, forgetting about the cuteness that was a Wolf Burrito I returned to the kitchen to poke at the bacon. Had to switch my ears on, and my brain. He did look awfully snuggly. “Since I needed it to function. We wouldn’t be having this conversation if it wasn’t for this.” Abandoning breakfast again I presented my vodka bottle once more taking a relished scull letting out a moan of delight. “And how do you know we don’t have anything else in common huh?” Like drinking blood. Ignoring the rogue thought I finally remembered I was meant to be fiddling with the stereo and dove enthusiastically behind the system. Though not before carefully placing my bottle in a safe place.

It was all this no, and yes to that part stuff. I couldn’t wrap my hazy mind round it all. No to what? Yes to what? What the fuck? A slight headache began to manifest but it probably had something to do with the fact I was bent over, ass in the air trying to lamely put the plug back in the wall. “Fucking bitch.” I muttered growling with frustration, though bursting into a round of annoyed giggles right afterwards. “Don’t know how you can drink whiskey all the time, fuck it makes me paralytic.” Couldn’t remember why I had been drinking it for most of the evening. An experiment of some description but right now the genius plan was lost on me. While I wrestled with the cord I tried to put things in order. Yes, being drunk was better than sober and no we weren’t talking about murdering me now. Wait. Nah. Then maybe he did just ask me to join in on the couch. Maybe this hanging around thing was a super bad idea. Since at the bonfire….

Finally plugging in the stereo I lurched around and hit the pause button before A song about ping pong could rape Onyx’s ears again. “I’m not that guy, whoever the fuck that guy is, last time I checked I had the wrong equipment to be that guy.” Who the fuck where we talking about. Holy shit this was harder than I had first thought. Not that I had planned to be talking to Onyx. It was inevitable, I couldn’t remember why I had been trying to avoid him. I did however remember that I had important things to tell him…I had written them down…somewhere. “You were the one who asked me to stay…you text me…” While I flicked through my playlist for something I felt was more 9am style of music I patted my clothes looking for my phone. No pockets. Where the fuck was my phone? Looking terrified for a moment I pushed play, turned down the volume and turned my gaze ravenously towards Onyx.

“Big enough for two right? Good because I think you’re sitting on my phone.” Jumping on him I shoved both my hands into the couch either side of his hips trying to find my phone. He smelt like freshly brewed coffee, whiskey and….back that truck up. Removing one hand quickly I held a little bottle of whiskey up to him, the type you got in mini bar fridges. “I’m the best drinking buddy, see I can magic liquor out of couches.” The other hand appeared with a piece of paper, rather than what I was looking for. Removing myself from his lap and onto the other side of the couch I opened up the folds and my eyes flicked over the words reading them automatically allowed. “Things to tell Onyx….oh yeah I was just thinking about this earlier.” Clearing my throat dramatically I looked longingly over at my vodka bottle resting next to the stereo. “Number one: Tell Onyx about Wolves so he doesn't get pissy later.” 

Back to top Go down

Posted on Tue Dec 13, 2016 12:26 am

Something was off. How fucked was I that niceties thrown in my general direction felt fucked up? Wasn't it fucked up though? From the moment I woke up and saw her, she was prancing around the house jollier than fucking Richard Simmons in a field of dandelions. And she was... I swallowed at the thought, she was making breakfast. Fuck if this was an interview for Rolling Stone, right about now would be the time I'd tell the interviewer to take a minute to let that gem sink in. Luxx was as domestic as an abused alley cat, and even had she been the apron wearing, spatula wielding, comfort food chef all men imagine women to be, it didn't change the fact that she was doing it in my kitchen, and I was gonna eat the shit. Fuck, that was fucked up.

What conversation? The one about murdering you, or the one where you compared me to a burrito? Of which I'm still trying to decide was a racist jab disguised as a pet name or not. Dare I even ask why she was so fucking happy? What the fuck was so great about today? The only thing that was going to make today special for me was some much needed sleeping in, and that flew out of the fucking window with the rest of my hopes and dreams as per usual. We don't. I said as sure as the snow was white. I like quiet in the morning, you like blasting shitty music and reenacting Risky Business scenes. I could keep going but honestly, I'd rather just take a sip of coffee and pretend I haven't entered the twilight zone. My voice trailed off, muted by the cup hovering above my lips as my head slowly tilted to the side as she bent over to plug in the stereo. A smirk flashed on my face but quickly hid itself behind my mug as she turned around.

Whoa, we do have more in common. That was my exact thought right when I woke up this morning. I set my cup down and wiped some coffee dribble off of my lip with the back of my hand. And that's why I drink it all of the time. It's kinda the point. It was nice and blackout inducing too, which was the real reason it was my go-to. The cheaper the shit, the more effective it was. Maybe it tasted like garbage, I couldn't really tell anymore. My taste buds had been shot for too long to know the difference.

That's a lie. I never asked you to stay. Giving you a place to crash because I respect the alliances I make doesn't mean I ever actually said the words ''Luxx, please stay with me.''. Don't get your wires crossed. I snorted, but bit my lip to keep myself from laughing at the stupid fucking joke... That's better. I added, feeling better about the volume and genre of the music coming out of my speakers. In fact, I should have just put a framed list on the wall. ''What is allowed'' and ''what is not allowed'' in bold letters. My speakers didn't deserve garbage. My ears didn't either.

Wha- I tensed up, watching her pull shit out of the couch like it was a top hat and she was IllusiLuxx the Magnificent. What the fuck else was she stashing around the house? Love letters? Homemade sex tapes? Jesus Christ. You don't really count as a drinking buddy if you arrive already trashed. I added, turning my head up and towards the side, my jaw exposed and eyes rolling around in defeat. She'd get what she was looking for eventually, and if not I'd knock her out and go take care of the shit she was burning on my stove. You made a fucking list... Like a fucking grocery list? Cute. I said, less than enthused. Reading it to me doesn't exactly cover the topic. Tell me what about wolves?

Back to top Go down

Lilith Alysbury | Wolf; Warlord/Battlelord

Posted on Tue Dec 13, 2016 1:26 am

“Any conversation. Conversation in general. The act of speaking to you. Because of the shit that I..-“ Stopping mid-sentence I felt like I had been about to say something that was written down in invisible ink somewhere as a topic I was not allowed to discuss. Not that I distinctly remembered what it was, and why it was banned. Fuck I needed to write more things down so that Drunk Luxx, understood not so drunk Luxx. “Oh my fucking god, that was so not racist, you’re not even fucking Mexican….shit I know I’m the master of making people hate me but fuck, you don’t have to assume I’m that level of asshole…I dislike all Burritos equally…especially…Spanish ones” That was right yeah? Was saying ‘close enough’ Racist? Fuck now he had me questioning myself.

The fact he didn’t think we had anything in common gave me a mixed feeling. For some reason I was very satisfied and at the same time saddened. I didn’t know what the fuck was going on so I just grinned. “How about we just start with the basics…Music, Dancing, Snow…one word to describe how you feel about each of those…go.” Looking around the room, humming slightly to the music and mouthing the odd lyrics I did contemplate leaving. I knew there was a reason why that was a bad idea. Couldn’t pull it out of the pit my head had become though. “I could stay at the trailer park..” With Boom and Scarlet. “…or the forest…” With Vilks who had refused to live in town. “…or I’m sure Ouray…” Luckily I’d used the right name. Bounding up from the couch I jetted to the kitchen for what seemed like the hundredth time, sliding on my socks of course.

Since I hadn’t even turned the bacon it had become stuck to the pan. One side barely cooked through, the other burnt. “Fuck” Giggling under my breath I pulled open drawers and cupboards in a frenzy, leaving them wide open while I located a spatula. Scrapping the bacon off the pan and dumping it on two plates I looked over at the eggs with anxiety. “So yeah, Ouray, was one of the wolves I found.” I had no idea if he had even approached Onyx. Our reunion wasn’t exactly…it was fucking complicated to say the fucking least. Everything bloody was. Nothing at all was simple. “Then there’s Boom and Scarlet, Black Powder pack, explosives, shitty shitty moonshine and accents you wouldn’t believe…and Vilks…I’m sure you’re going to love him, he's been Lone longer than I have.” I still hadn’t formally introduced any of them. Partly out of the fact I hadn’t wanted to talk to Onyx and partly because I wanted them to detach themselves from me. No association to the Lone. “Then there’s Kidd….he’s super young but really eager to impress you so he’s gone looking for other wolves….so if any more turn up, I wasn’t being a bitch and ignoring your request to be included in my hunts to find recruits.” Technically I had told him to go find more wolves because he had been so reluctant to come back with us given his packs origins.

Cracking the first egg resulted in yoke all down the side of the cabinet, since I’d tried to bang it on the side of the bench. Way too hard Luxxie. Fuck calm your farm. Taking another one, this I hit on the side of the pan. Most went into it, as well as some shell. Some went down onto the element, smoking ever so slightly. “Have we got hot sauce? I’m going to have a hangover like a hurricane if I ever stop drinking…and that requires chili.”

Back to top Go down

Posted on Mon Dec 19, 2016 9:52 pm

No soy. = I'm not.

En boca cerrada no entran moscas.
Literal Translation: Bugs do not enter a closed mouth.
Meaning: Basically that it's better to keep quiet. / Stay out of trouble / ETC

I waited patiently for her sentence to meet an end, but it didn't. And the feeling in my gut told me that the last thing I wanted to do was encourage her to reach it. No soy. En boca cerrada no entran moscas. I rolled my eyes. Getting into my ancestry and why Mexican was both insanely off base, and insanely on base wasn't on my list of priorities. Fuck it was too complicated for me to even remember exactly why I spoke two distinctively different Spanish dialects and was both Mexican and Spaniard and neither at the same time. Fuck if I was gonna touch on the politically and socially correct-ness of it all. I avoided that shit like the plague. Why 'you so bent about it anyway? Racism is hardly on my list of shit to deal with at this point in my life.

I broke eye contact and glared straight ahead. Something about having a somewhat normal conversation about various personal interests just didn't feel right. Physically I mean. I had knots in my stomach in the same way I'd have knots if I was preparing a live televised speech. Fine, fine, fine. I made sure to save the grin, only exposing it briefly behind my mug before a drink. Feeling pleased with my answer was enough to bump this morning from completely fucking rotten, to mildly sour. Don't you think if that's what you wanted to do, you'd have done it already? I paused, examining her facial expression carefully. I don't want you to leave anyway. This way, if you bail again, I'll know by the obvious lack of your shit in my house. Since history had proven I couldn't rely on communication.

Yeah, I know. He came to me first day back. I lied, wondering if I'd said anything in the past to indicate otherwise. There was something really fucking shitty about the fact that apparently she'd actually seen one of my wolves, and talked to them before I even knew they were back. Okay... I muttered as I listened to her list and list names that weren't even remotely familiar to me. Anymore familiars? Packs? I'm not gonna turn away the help of lones right now, but our numbers are lacking. Numbers are what we need the most right now. If she was compelled to inform me of her discoveries, then did that mean I had to return that courtesy? I didn't know how that worked exactly. She wasn't my warlord, and if anyone was in the hot-seat, it was her, not me.  I didn't actually think I had any loyalties to prove. Not that I had anything to share anyway. I'd done my research, reached out to a few packs in California and Minnesota, but I hadn't heard anything back yet, not from the big ones anyway. I knew it was going to require a road trip, and I also knew that I was putting that little obligation off. I guess I should meet 'em. Reforming should have been priority number one anyway.

I stood up, dropping the blanket to the couch as I carried my mug into the kitchen, eyes intently focused on the coffee pot as I went in for a refill. I took a sip from my cup as I pulled out the drawer beside the stove, revealing several bottles of various sauces for her. What the fuck does chili have to do with hangovers? I asked as I set my cup down on the coffee table and went straight for the wood burner, which was already prepared. I propped open the window beside it and struck a match, using it to light the kindling , and used what was left to light a smoke. As I reached for my coffee, the heat from the wood burner hitting my left side, and the frozen air hitting my right, I looked towards the kitchen. A strange feeling filling me at the sight of Luxx making breakfast, and obviously burning it if the smell was any indication of the quality.

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics