setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Private] Cheap Thrils - Page 3

[Private] Cheap Thrils

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: [Private] Cheap Thrils

Michelle Hawke | Human; Citizen

Posted on Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:39 pm

Anything wrong with that? I asked, now gazing at the short little blonde, a shit-eating grin plastered on my face. Was I flirting? Or was this girl talk? It was whatever she'd accept it to be, that's what it was. God, did I just need to get laid? Trying to hit on anything that moved? Fuck I guess I was going to the right place. The club, I mean, not Chipotle. In fact, I'd decided at that moment it was going to be a goal of mine, to take home or go home with someone. I mean, not just any bum, but someone pretty. Gender? Didn't matter as long as it felt good right?

Don't worry, not trying to get hammered already, just something to kick start the evening. Don't worry, I'm no lightweight.

That's the point of music, right? I mean, it makes the rest of life not so shitty. I was glad, relieved even, that I could listen to music, at least. Playing it was a whole new complicated... thing. It made me think of her, which finding out that she was my actual mom only made it worse. It added a sense of guilt that was never there before. What would things be like if I would have understood what was going on? Would I have willed myself so hard to hold on if I knew I was practically possessing my own mother? I tried to tell myself that I did what any person knows to do - try to survive. But it still never felt right, and it's why I struggled when I played music knowing it was her knowledge of it I was using, and why I couldn't look at her. Would it feel better if she could ever forgive me? Probably not.

I can go... ragey, I guess. Still a bit more tame. Avenged, Killswitch, even some old school Megadeth and shit and I can handle his stuff, yanno, with some booze. I guess everything is better with booze, I said, shrugging as I flipped the blinker and turned on to the next street. There is this older band, Type O Negative, it sends me flying all over the house even though its this like.. dungeon metal and Pete Steel, damn his voice was like, vibrating the floor low. There was something to be said for having eclectic tastes, you never got tired of a damn thing. We pulled into the parking lot, and for once it wasn't super hard to find a parking spot. Place was always slammin' since it opened, and I still hated the lack of a drive thru. Barbacoa, dude. Have you had it? I shut the door, didn't bother locking it. Didn't have shit in the car to worry about and would rather the window stay intact. I walked past three hipsters, two guys attempting to look like lumber jacks but they didn't even look like they had the muscle mass to pick up an axe. I could tell they were trying their hardest to pretend they weren't oogling my passenger. I pushed open the door and the line was short, only two ladies in front of us, both taking their time. Fine by me, I still didn't know if I wanted the corn salsa on my tacos. Only problem with the tacos was that space was limited when it came to toppings. I turned around and rested my back against the wall, facing Lils. Do hipsters go to clubs? I feel like I can't imagine that, you know, like those wanna-be lumberjacks dancing to house.

Back to top Go down

Lilith Alysbury | Wolf; Warlord/Battlelord

Posted on Thu Mar 30, 2017 12:46 am

Michelle spoke like she understood. Trying to express how much music meant to me was like attempting to explain to a blind person what color the sky was. Without living in my body, having my mind, there was no way anyone could really truly get it. It might have become a drug that I medicated myself with now but it was so much more than that. I felt connected to those performing when I translated their emotions, their stories into movement. Dance was the only way I knew to say thank you. Probably the only time I really felt a part of anything.

“Fuck yes, booze makes everything shiner. Drink enough and I swear you can hear flutes behind all that angsty grumbling” Was fucked that all my life I’d hated humanity and in a few short weeks had found myself looking fondly on a few individuals like they were exceptions to the rule. Weakness did shit like that to a person. You’d think that being actually alone, by myself out on the road, would have made the loneliness unbearable. Instead it was being surrounded in newly arriving wolves. Guess it was the fact something I couldn’t have and shouldn’t want was being dangled right in front of my face. Forever being tested.  

I made a face when she mentioned one particular band. “Urgh, I try to have a rule about listening to Vampire harpies.” Fuck. Should I have said that? Whatever. Couldn’t be bothered censoring myself. If she had no idea what I was talking about then Michelle would probably think I was just dissing their pale skin or something. “Used to be so into the song Wolf Moon, until someone explained the lyrics properly to me.” Fuckers were singing about feeding from a female wolf like it was some romantic entanglement. Sick fucks.

“Barbacoa, steak or it’s not a taco.” None of this chicken or tofu fucking business. Had never been a fan of white meats, nor was I going to eat a substitute. Vegetarian wolves, that shit was more unnatural than being a Lone. Perusing over the menu I knew I should put some fajita veges on mine. As much as my taste buds just wanted an extra meat on meat Taco, my body needed some vitamins. “Would fresh tomato salsa and Tomatillo on a taco be a contradiction?” Since one was mild, the other hot. “Or maybe I should be asking if that’s way too much tomato for one Taco.”

Bouncing impatiently on my toes my eyes snapped to the hipsters who we had passed in the carpark. They didn’t even look like they were going to order. Just hovering like flies around the doorway. “No way. Don’t they go to quaint Irish pubs and watch shitty comedians do stand-up while drinking craft beer?” Should have brought a sippy cup of vodka if I knew it was going to take this long to get to the front of the line. The women in front of us looked as if they were ordering for a whole army.

All of a sudden that army I had spoken of arrived. “What do you reckon spicy food does to kids?” Eyeing the tribe of little people clustering around the counter I leaned back into the wall right alongside Michelle, moving in closer than needed as I was well aware the Hipsters were staring at us like we were skinny jeans on sale.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Sun Apr 09, 2017 7:52 pm

Beer headphones? Why wasn't that a phrase? Alcohol made me sometimes even like the trash they played on the pop station. Back when I got out more, I'd even try to dance to the shit if I was drunk enough. Which was probably going to happen - I was already a little buzzed, in fact, I could tell I was talking louder than normal but I couldn't control it and really didn't give a shit.

I knew it!! I said, which I didn't, but any excuse to channel Louise Belcher. I really didn't expect the Type O dudes to be vampire. But, a part of me hoped that it meant Pete Steele wasn't dead. Maybe he just faked it because he was getting to a point when he should age but wasn't. Oh, my god, now it was going to be my mission to find out what other celebs were... something. I've heard so many different stories behind those lyrics, one about uh... period blood. Fun, disgusting, and yeah it changed the song to me but I still appreciated just how little fucks they gave. One of the customers in front of me must have heard, turned around, and gave me a disgusted look. Weak, I simply said with a smile.

Dude, its your taco. It's what you want it to be. If you want fucking macaroni on it as long as it's got a shell it's a fucking taco. The line moved up and I waited on the one of the workers to finish their task ringing up or wrapping to come back to us. No, they drove here in a prius and listened to a podcast about um.... I stopped and thought for a minute, Eco friendly artists who upcycle lamp shades.

I heard a cough as a figure stepped in front of us. What'll you have? Soft tacos, barbacoa, white rice, corn salsa, guac- I rambled my order, knowing it would be difficult to fit everything on the little tacos but I didn't give a shit. I didn't even give a shit about the fact that I just might throw it all back up at the end of the night. I stepped back and watched, the next person taking blondie's order. I watched the hipsters roll in, one obviously checking us out, one staring at the menu as if he'd never fucking been here before, and one looking down with hands in pockets, hair hanging down over his head. I turned to her as the final touches were being made to my dinner. Should we ask them?

Back to top Go down

Lilith Alysbury | Wolf; Warlord/Battlelord

Posted on Wed Apr 12, 2017 3:29 am

I’d never been big on the whole, protect the human race from the existence of Supernatural creatures. Mainly because that felt about as pointless as hiding the silverware and frying pan from a slice of beef. Bringing it up casually like it was just another blank field that needed to be filled in on a dating application wasn’t my jam either. They didn’t need to know, there were no benefits for me or for them in that respect. If they enjoyed the existence I had despised then why take that from them? The dumb and the reckless removed themselves from the realm of the living without me giving them a helping hand. Which is generally what I figured happened. Humans who knew too much became food or Hunters, so either way they eventually died.

Glancing over at Michelle I tried to think through liquor haze about how I felt about her getting killed. She was cool and all but everything had to die eventually. Wasn’t like we were discussing the inner workings of Fanger culture anyway so I wasn’t laying a rotten seed that would bloom into a full blown bloodbag. “That’s what they want you to think.” I tapped the side of my head with one finger giving her a lopsided grin. Had no idea why the woman in front of us gave Michelle such a disgusted look. What? All she said was period blood, wasn’t like we’d gone into detail. “That’s probably a delicacy or some shit. Yum, yum.” As the customers in front of us moved away from the register I heard one utter to the other. “What horrible women.” Hah!

Was she right? Did a taco only need to have a shell in order to be classed as a taco? Macaroni though? Fuck that. Gross. Debating whether or not a taco would qualify as a taco if it had anything but designated taco fillings I almost missed the comment about Hipsters. The smell coming from behind the counter was stronger than ever and it was making my stomach growl. Thank fuck that the Fanger blood wasn’t interfering with the desire to eat. Would be weird to order shit and not be able to chow down all because my stomach refused to play ball. After Michelle finished relaying her order I stood for a moment eyes devouring the glowing menu boards. “Soft Tacos, Barbacoa, fresh tomato salsa, Tomatillo and….” Should put those vegetables on it. “…double meat, just meat that baby up. As much as those tacos can handle. Shove it in.” The cashier snorted and I cocked an eyebrow wondering what was so funny. Maybe I’d sounded just a little too enthused about extra meat or maybe it was because I’d said everything like I was ordering something else entirely.

“Ask who what?” Paying for my meal and standing off to the side so they could prepare it I eyed up the possibilities. “Are we asking the creepers if they think spicy food works like sugar on little people or whether they get off on lamp shades with newsprint glued on as opposed to Dance Clubs?” Could do with some entertainment with my meal, not that Michelle wasn’t that on her own. Might as well amuse myself while my food was slapped together. I sidled in beside the one looking up at the menu and followed his eyes, pretending to ponder the same thing. His eyes shifted sideways to glance at me. “Do you drive a Prius?” “What? Yeah…why?” Score one point for Michelle. “Something about them gets me hot and bothered.” The guy blushed. A color that took over his entire face and spread clear down his neck. “Do you…do you want a ride?” How many people could fit in one of those things?

Back to top Go down

Posted on Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:29 am

Auwwghh, but the disgusted sound turned into a laugh. She wasn’t wrong, vampires were twisted in an almost cliche way. I pressed my nails up to my lips and chuckled heartily when called a horrible woman. Honey, you have no idea, I said, shaking my head. But I almost felt sorry for her. How did you get through life being so easily put off? I knew my life was different, but I didn’t think for a minute this world was daisies and Fruit Loops for everyone. So why cover your eyes and pretend it’s not real?

I couldn’t help but to eavesdrop her order, and a wide grin spread. Gaawd, we’re definitely going to get along. But legit, I wanted to know if it was her being a wolf or what - basically, shit I wanted to eat like that and still be able to fit into cute little clothes. It wasn’t bad, I was actually starting to go for runs and shit here and there, but winter was taking it’s toll, especially since I’d been on a birthday cake ice cream kick. Booze didn’t help, either. The minute I can only eat side salads and water is the minute life isn’t worth living.

Well, shit, all of it. But In particular if they ever go to dance clubs - because I doubt they’re organic enough. I kept the last part of the statement quiet since we had our food and she was basically taking me up on my dare. I took everything in me to hide my snort when I was proven correct. Predictable. I stepped up beside Lilith and eyed the one who could apparently see through his hair. Shit, I was probably a rainbow turd smeared across the picture she was painting for these kids but sometimes all it took was to pretend you were hot shit to be hot shit.

Depends, where are you two going? I held the straps of my bag with my index finger and let it lazily hang behind my back. Finally, I saw Cousin It’s face and it was almost as red as his friend’s. Uuuhhh, he looked as if he didn’t even know. We were going to watch a movie, but I mean, what are you guys doing? I looked outside to the door then back to the kids. Were they kids? Were we playing with jailbait? I was a terrible judge of age but seeing as I was no more than five or six myself in a fucked way, I hardly felt I was to blame for that one. Or maybe I was - because the goal was to teasingly flirt with these hipster kids but I didn’t even know how to make normal conversation with them. Oh, no no no, I shook my head, I'm not going anywhere without booze. And I think my friend here wants to dance, so if you're coming with us, that's not going to work. I rolled my eyes to the ground, an obviously fake expression of disappointment. Would be a shame if we had to split up here. You two look smart, and there's nothing hotter than someone with a little intelligence.

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics