setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Private] Mouthful of Diamonds - Page 2

[Private] Mouthful of Diamonds

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: [Private] Mouthful of Diamonds

Daron Wynyard | Vampire; Young

Posted on Mon Dec 05, 2016 6:10 pm

That red hair shone brilliantly in the fire light but when I was aware she was eying up the arsenal on the wall behind me, there was no time to admire how it reminded me of blood. Everything probably reminded me of it right now anyway, I had drunk more than any Vampire needed to in a single night. “You’re directionally challenged then? That’s the story you’re going with?” My phone buzzed and I walked backward to it keeping my eyes on her small figure. My gaze still penetrating her I answered the call, speaker still activated. “What?” “Daron, I’ve got reports from guests that they are missing shit, like jewelry, thought you’d like to know we have a thief in our midst.” “Thanks for that.” I spat. “I’d also like to know why my door was left unguarded and unlocked.” “Ah, fuck..” There was shuffling in the background as I moved back towards my intruder, getting right up in her face, trying to block the view of the weaponry on display. Some were in fact silver. This could get messy.

“Sorry about that boss, are you there now?” He sounded nervous and I laughed darkly leaning in so my eyes were glaring into the red-haired woman's. She wasn’t someone I knew personally but then invitations had been extended to all Vampires in the area. Word of mouth traveled fast even in a few days in our community. The younger generation of the Children of the Night couldn’t resist the temptation of a party designed solely for the joy of bloodlust. “Don’t sweat it, do you have a description of this unappreciative guest?” My hand snapped out to grab my intruder’s neck, tilting her jaw up with one firm thumb. “Not…not really? Some say they were talking to a vampire, or bumped into a woman but nothing to really go on.” “That’s enough, now get off the fucking line.”

Planting my other hand firmly behind her, I slammed the closet door trying to cut her off, keep her trapped. The force of the action made my pants drop lower on my hips. “Any of that ring a bell, Lost Girl?” I growled in her face. “Or are you just an overzealous fan?” Or a member of the Supremacy actively trying to keep one eye on my progress? “What…are…you…doing here?” Letting my fangs click into place I wanted her to know that I expected a real answer this time. Not some damsel in distress routine about being so retarded she couldn’t tell the difference between a closet and the bathroom.

Back to top Go down

Blake Vancel | Vampire; Young

Posted on Sun Dec 11, 2016 6:02 pm

I knew playing coy wouldn't work. I was in too deep with how badly this job was going. I was dead silent as he stood over me and walked to the phone. I could sense his intense anger and nothing I could say would calm him from it. I smiled a small grin when I overheard the man on the other line of the phone said they didn't have a clear definition of what I looked like.  After being practically shoved back into the closet, I banged my arm and fist against the door.

Supremacy? I paused and breathed in a deep breath, No, no. Look. They-I think they have someone, who I need back. I don't know where they are, but I am trying to find them.

I pounded on the door again but softer, I swear it. I know you just caught a vampire snooping in your bedroom, but really. Those things missing, you can search me, I don't have them. My hands became to tremble and I could feel my voice beginning to crack. My only option left was to plead and just let it all out on the table.

You want the truth? Those were just set ups to help with my escape out of here. Check some of the other women, I placed their jewelry into someone else's bag. Everyone was supposed to be so caught up in it, I was going to be able to slip right out a window. Those would never fetch as much as those women say they did anyway. I took in another deep breath, What kind of thief would I be if I couldn't tell a fake crystal from a mile away.

I tapped my fingers on the door a few times and lowered my arm and took a step back from the door. Why couldn't he had been a paranoid woman who keeps a baseball bat in her closet? It wouldn't have done me any good anyway, but I would at least feel more secure about getting out of this alive.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Mon Dec 12, 2016 1:22 pm

She read my mind, though I was sure the word was on everyones lips this evening. I was likely some stringent followers mingled in the ballroom in fact. Keeping tabs on people of interest. Making sure that I didn’t play any of my forbidden music, no matter how much the crowd yelled out song titles. “And what? You thought you’d find them in my closet?” What the fuck was this? Share time? As much as I didn’t really care about her mission to locate someone the Supremacy had stripped away, this was an interesting way to find someone who had issues with the Organization. I’d been constantly torn throughout the evening, whenever I’d had a moment to think. Which in reality wasn’t often given the sheer number of people who wanted to talk to me. About my disappearance, about my music, about my relationship with Gayle and her Progeny. The Supremacy and I shared one important goal. The resurrection of Lilith…but did I need them?

“What makes you think I’m the right person to be telling you have a bone to pick with the Supremacy?” Gayle had mentioned that they weren’t on good terms, which had been an omission I hadn’t been expecting. Lost Girl had some balls, either that or the desperation leaking out of her pores was enough to grab at straws. I took a step back cautiously giving her some breathing room. Not that she needed to breathe. My troubled past with the Supremacy was no secret to those that followed the Band religiously. Fame had its downsides. Privacy was hard to come by. The extent of my involvement with The Supremacy however, now that was not common knowledge.

Absent-mindedly rubbing the bandage that stayed permanently wrapped about my right forearm to disguise a brand of Lilith I looked the woman up and down. Without exactly knowing what had been stolen meant that frisking her was going to be pointless, though not without benefits. Not stopping the dirty sly smirk that twisted my lips I snarled at her. “To be honest I couldn’t care less about returning others stolen property, if you’re a good enough thief you can steal from Vampires….” I let the statement linger. A feat for someone of her years because I was sure she was closer to me in age than I was to Noelle. “How about we make a deal Lost Girl, I won’t kill you right here if you start working for me.” There were a number of things I wanted to get my hands on.

“You look like you desire a weapon, so make a choice.” Moving back so I stood in the middle of the room. “Plus you’re in my way, can’t you see I was getting dressed?”

Back to top Go down

Blake Vancel | Vampire; Young

Posted on Thu Dec 22, 2016 8:54 pm

I let out a small sigh of relief as he stepped back, I could feel my better judgement returning as I calmed down slightly. By all means, go right ahead. I uhhh, didn't mean to interrupt. If my face could turn bright red from embarrassment it would have. I had been so wrapped up in not dying that I had forgotten completely he was mostly undressed.

Anyway,I paused and I tucked a piece of my hair behind my ear. This isn't my first rodeo, and to be fair, a smart thief always studies everything about her target. You'd be surprised what one finds on the internet and the rest from simply town gossip. I shrugged as I eyed the room, the room was still and warm regardless of the intense party going on just down the stairs

That deal sounds promising, tell me what exactly do you have in mind? His demeanor had changed from anger to something else I couldn't quite read. I knew I had to stay cautious, but I knew sometimes belongings were more important than life itself. I could just grab a sword and fight my way out of this, it had been a few decades since I've had to use that skill, and having a sort-of-maybe-possibly-an-ally in this town could come in handy. Either way, I wanted to see what more I could get out of this deal. I know more than own life is pushing it, but if he really wanted to kill me, he probably would have already done it. Oh, and while living is nice, I expect there'd be more in this deal for me? I crossed my arms and tapped my fingers on my right bicep, You're not the first man to toy with my life, I'm sure you won't be last one either, I'm afraid.

I walked to the wall of weapons, brushing my hands over some of the metal of the different blades and sheathes. I pulled a gold, ornate dagger off it's display. I casually removed the golden scabbard and balanced the tip on my index finger and spun the marble handle with my other hand. It had a slight weight, but pretty lightweight overall, and was covered in what looked like a Celtic design.

What are we going to do, duel? I said in an almost sarcastic tone as I turned to him still spinning the dagger in my fingers, watching the lights from the window and lamps reflect and dance off of the detailed crevices of the blade.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:14 am

Embarrassment wasn’t an emotion that was easy to gauge in concerns to a Vampire. I suspected that most didn’t even experience it anymore. What was the need for such a ridiculously human feeling? I couldn’t even recall a time in recent history that I’d felt even remotely ashamed of anything. That required a level of care factor that was almost completely lost to me. Would be a shame to have stripped from myself something I could never experience but once again my lack of sensitivity to something as stupid as blushing made it a moot point. Cocking an eyebrow I removed my pants, standing in front of her completely naked aside from the bandage about my wrist. As she circled around to the wall of weaponry I mirrored her position, stopping in front of my closet.

“You’re insinuating that I was your target then.” My eyes narrowed. It was one thing stealing from my guests. Taking things that belonged to me, now she was treading on poisonous ground. Fuck. I’d given her free range of a way to defend herself now. Being careless got me into all sorts of precarious predicaments. At least life wasn’t boring. “A thief and a nerd, how very eclectic. What does the big scary internet say about me?” She had been speaking as if she had trolled the boards of Laudanum’s rabid fan base for dirt to use against me. I hadn’t seen first-hand any of the discussions but my new Marketing Director had read some choice lines aloud for my listening pleasure. Was ego boosting to hear that others talked about you, even if the topic of my involvement, or more specifically my problems with the Supremacy, was a touchy subject. “Blah blah, banned songs due to blatantly exposing Vampire culture through lyrics, blah blah…am I right?”

Now she was negotiating. Well. Never underestimate another Vampires self-admiration. She actually thought I was going to bargain with her? On what grounds? That I was naked and she had a golden dagger? Should have picked one of the silver ones, Lost girl. “Though I don’t think you’re in the position to be asking for anything…I’ll bite…for curiosities sake, what would tickle your fancy?” Telling her what it was I wanted her to steal wasn’t on the cards until she had sealed some form of deal. I was under no impression that any contract would be stuck to word for word anyway, but I couldn’t have cared less, as long as I got what I wanted.

Her fingers deftly turned the blade in her fingers and I knew in that instant she was probably more familiar with using weaponry than I was. Collecting did not mean that I took bloody sparing lessons from women in black leather jumpsuits or old guys with long beards. I had what she didn’t though and that was the Goddess Lilith watching over me. Using vampric speed I shot over to a rapier with a swept hilt. A blade so thin and fine it could be likened to that of a needle. The end of the weapon was made of pure silver. “Depends….have you stolen from me? What is it that you want? And really….would you attack a man in his own bedroom, when he’s in his birthday suit?” Smirking at her I pointed the rapier in her direction.

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics