setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Private] Mouthful of Diamonds

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Blake Vancel | Vampire; Young

Posted on Fri Nov 18, 2016 7:02 pm

Thread Details
The van garrett mansion, gayles welcome home party | light cloud | evening

Dress with nude pumps. Her makeup is a subtle smokey eye with a light pink lip. 

When looking for highly priced valuables at a party, it is important to do research; oh and to sneak in during the planning. Everything was so crazy, it was easy to convince everyone I was an assistant to the high brow florist. Make a few flirty comments here and there and nobody was the wiser. Finding the room where they were stashing away the treasures was very obvious, two large guards standing out of the door, barely budging when anyone talked to them.

Hey Carl and Tony! I said flashing a large smile and walking casually up to them.
Oh, hello London! Are you running errands for the night? Never any time off, eh? Said Tony, the taller one of the two.
Yeah, unfortunately, we left some stuff for the show's big finale. I did bring you guys up some bottled water though. I pulled two bottles of water out of my tiny black handbag and handed it to them. I watched as they both downed the bottles and pretended to check my phone until they both fell over. Pansies. I've seen toddlers handle sleeping pills better than that. I thought to myself as I moved them off into a shaded corner. I quickly composed myself and walked in closing the door quietly behind me.

The room was the size of my whole studio apartment if not bigger. The moon was shining in through the window with a chill breeze slowly creeping in. I walked quietly to the ebony desk, grabbed my duffel bag from under it, and pulled out my flashlight. As I I shone the light around the room, I smiled as it hit the ceiling that was covered in a Renaissance themed mural. I love a man with classy tastes in art. I thought to myself as I opened the double door closet.

I step inside the closet, careful not to trip over the loose shoes. Crouching down, I felt the wall near the floor and heard a light click. Bingo the false panel slid down to reveal a small hiding hole. I felt a giant grin on my face as I cautiously reached inside to pull out a small, black box with flowers and small fish inscribed on it. I lightly gasped as two bright blue stones shimmered back at me, their center seeming to be in constant motion.  The Tide Jewels. I thought to myself as I closed back up the box and closed the secret panel. I wonder if these actually do control the waves. Either way, I'm sure someone will pay a pretty penny for these.

Back to top Go down

Re: [Private] Mouthful of Diamonds

Daron Wynyard | Vampire; Young

Posted on Fri Nov 18, 2016 11:20 pm

Room Reference Photo. One wall features Daron's bladed weaponry collection, some of which he has yet to unpack.

Striding up to the landing with Alenka on my arm I frowned at my unguarded door. There were only two rooms who had specified security on them. The Observatory and my own sleeping quarters. Henry had kept the Master, that I had least gifted him, since he had little choice when it came to the transformation of some of his property. I’d wanted the space that saw the least amount of sun, aside from the basement, even though the windows had tinted glass in almost every room now. Alenka must have sensed the change in my disposition and began stroking my chest with her sharpened fingernails. “Whatever’s bothering you, you’ll forget about it in a few moments.” Even as her tongue licked at my neck my eyes narrowed on the door. I hadn’t entrusted it with mortal employees who could become prey to compulsion but I hadn’t selected Vampire door alarms with intelligence in mind either.

“As tempting as that sounded five minutes ago, something isn’t right here.” I detached her from my side sharply and strode up to the door to turn the handle. Unlocked. Not how I had left it. Not how I had instructed it to be left at any point. Even if the two fucking buffoons got hungry. Sneering I pushed open the door and slammed it shut in Alenka’s confused face. My phone rang almost immediately distributing my attention from any disturbance I had been looking for. “Daron’s busy right now.” I said in a mock women’s voice, high-pitched and breathy. “He did tell you not to call tonight.” Pressing the hands-free button I put the cell phone down on the table so I could remove my jacket, and then my shirt.

“I got your message. You never said why you needed that information and what you’re going to do with it. As I fucking bloody said Daron I have a plan in motion you won’t be screwing up for me, friend or not.” Deftly unlatching my belt I rolled my eyes and grabbed the remote control for the faux fireplace to shed some light. “Since I don’t know what said plan is, I won’t know if I’m stomping on your toes…but be careful what you say right now, I’m 50% sure there is someone in the room with me.” Pulling the belt off my hips I tossed it in the direction of my black draped four poster bed. “How in the fuck can you be 50% sure?” Laughing darkly under my breath I cracked my neck and peered around the dimly lit area. “You interrupted me mid-investigation, call me paranoid when I find a door that’s meant to be locked but now isn’t.” There was a long pause on the other end that filled the room with silence only broken by the crackle of flames. “Don’t you think you should be 100% sure then? What the fuck are you doing right now?” “Getting naked.” “Call me back if you’re not dead.” The call was cut short, I could almost hear him shake his head in disbelief.

The party was like an ongoing performance so I was changing my attire every chance I got. As soon as something got too encrusted with blood I opted for my closet. I had banked on making this trip to the dressing room more entertaining with the company of Alenka. “Is he right should I worried about getting staked?” Talking to myself had once seemed the hallmark of a crazy person unless I was testing lyrics but I wasn’t so sure I was alone.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Mon Nov 21, 2016 5:37 pm

The smile on my face quickly disappeared and turned into panic as I heard a creak on the steps outside the door. Fuck. Racing to hide, I shoved the small, black box into the duffel bag, and threw it back under the desk trying to make as little noise as possible. I barely made it into the closet when the door opened.

With my back against the closet wall, I put my hand on my chest to calm my breathing. I closed my eyes to focus and to get a better sense of the situation. I jumped as I heard something thud against the wood flooring. I held my breath as I looked out of the crack in the closet doors. I could only see the bare back of a tall man with dark hair. His pale skin was iridescent in the moon's light. His voice was familiar, but I just couldn't put my finger on it. As I listened in on their conversation I noticed I was stranded without a weapon if I was caught.

Plan? I thought to myself as my eyes darted around the room, thinking of an escape route. I caught a glimpse of his face and then it hit me. Why would the lead singer of Laudanum be plotting anything? Shouldn't he just be doing coke and sleeping with floozy woman like normal rock stars?

I heard his footsteps begin to get louder. I pushed myself as far back against the wall I could. I pushed some longer garments on hangers in front of me and barricaded myself as best as I could. I held my breath waiting for him to burst open the closet door and to discover me. I felt as if I was waiting for death.

Back to top Go down

Daron Wynyard | Vampire; Young

Posted on Tue Nov 22, 2016 12:34 am

Pacing up and down the room I considered all the places where someone could hide. Did I really want to try the cliché and check under the bed for monsters? Since I didn’t get a reply to my question I was either alone or the perpetrator wanted me to play hide and seek. “I don’t really have time for games right now, as much as I enjoy them.” Checking behind a large statue, I myself had hidden behind at one point avoiding a headache inducing human foreman, I was beginning to think I really was alone. You’re never alone Daron my love. Lilith’s voice brought a wicked smile to my face and I undid the button on my pants striding over to the closet. I’d pre-planned every outfit change for the evening, though not deciding on when each piece of clothing should be worn. As soon as I opened the heavy wooden doors I knew something was amiss. The air hung heavy with the electricity of being close to another Vampire.

Snapping forward I grabbed at the disturbance I felt. That tingle when you knew another of your kind was nearby. Whoever they were, they were good at hiding themselves but now I had them cornered. Grabbing at the figure hiding in the back of my closet I managed to grasp hold of a fleshy handful. Not being able to judge the height of said person, and their exact position in the closet mean I was diving in blindly. I paused for a moment letting my head wrap around what it was I was groping. Groping was the correct term to use too, when I realized my intruder was female. Or a guy with a rack, whatever was more plausible.

“If you wanted a private introduction, all you needed to do was ask.” Removing my hand though taking a moment to squeeze appreciatively I stepped back from the closet. I’d had stalker level fans before but this one really did surprise me. How the fuck did she get through security? Picking the lock on the door would have been no easy feat either, if those assholes had remembered to keep it that way.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Tue Nov 29, 2016 9:24 pm

Terror crawled across my skin as the closet doors opened, drawing in a faint light behind his silhouette. His voice rang in my ears, but I didn't hear what he said. What do I do?! I felt like a deer in the headlights, incapable of retreating. I tried to muster up the courage to just get up and bolt out, but my body refused to move. I stayed as still as I could, hoping he would just ignore my presence. Of all the people to find me, why did it have to be another vampire? I thought to myself, It's okay, maybe he'll just murder you quickly or just feed you to a werewolf.

My breathing became heavier as he reached for me. I shut my eyes waiting for the impending storm. It took me a second to realize what he actually grabbed.

Did he just.
No.
What?
No.

It was the final squeeze that sent me over, Oh this motherfucker about to lose a hand. I paused and remembered that I was actually in danger and now wasn't the time for etiquette.

I took a few deep breaths in and slowly crawled out of the closet, making sure to not step on my dress or trip over anything in the process. The last thing I needed was for this man to have a free peep show out of me.  I smoothed out my dress and composed myself once I was fully out of the closet, turning myself to face the still shirtless Daron. Even in heels, he was still taller than I was, he would catch me in less than a heartbeat if I tried to make a run for it even with my vampire powers. I again subconsciously kicked myself in the butt for not having a weapon on hand. I just had to wear the tight navy dress where I couldn't hide any knives.

Look, I can explain. I said as my eyes quickly darted around the room. I spotted both the exit and a wall with weapons on display. If I could inch closer I could get the upper hand and make for the exit. These mansions are just so big and confusing. I slow blinked and brought my eyes up to meet his. Hopefully he wasn't a good swordsman.

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics