setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Private] Apologize if I Say Anything I don't Mean

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Arden Rowe | Wolf; Spiritual Leader

Posted on Thu Nov 10, 2016 9:06 pm

Thread Details
Beach Bonfire Party | A Little After Sunset

Outfit:

Going to a party was a first since I'd gotten back, which was a bit depressing but true. I hadn't been in much of a partying mood with Landon and the pack gone, but Ozra's return had revitalized me a little. Even if I was still angry at him for leaving in the first place, I understood why he did it. Maybe I would've join him if I was around. I liked to believe that I wouldn't.

Working at One Shot meant that I heard about the bonfire pretty much immediately. With the wolves back and the good time I'd had with Michelle, I felt inspired to do something fun for once. I already had the stuff I needed on hand anyway: a camping chair, blanket, and a handle of cheap vodka that I'd actually had the foresight to toss in the freezer for once. I even had some chips in the trunk for when I got hungry, and hopefully I could mooch off of somebody else.

I parked sparky and pulled my supplies out of the trunk. It would've been a lie to say that I hadn't already had something to drink. Just a little to take the edge off, but I was fully prepared to get hammered. My plan was to see how much of the vodka I could consume in one night.

I walked up to the party and immediately dropped my stuff down and scanned the crowd. I recognized a fair number of wolves and other regulars to parties I'd attended, and a few noticed and greeted me. One guy had his car blasting some music that I'd never heard before but that had a nice beat, and I swayed with it as I set to work on the night's goal.

I opened up the vodka and took a swig, immediately regretting my choice not to bring any kind of chaser since the stuff was cheap and not particularly enjoyable. With a few more sips it would go down easier, I thought, and I took another long swig before I lowered the bottle to the ground and set up my chair so that I could chill and get a little more vodka into my system before the party really started.

I could feel the excitement and general revelry coming from the others, and their enjoyment increased mine. Between my increasing drunkenness and their happiness, I was beginning to forget why I'd ever hesitated to party in the first place. I didn't even care that Vin was there, off talking to a couple of dudes - including one that looked a lot like him who I figured to be his cousin and one of the hosts of the party, if the rumors were true. I hadn't even known that Onyx had a cousin, but I had to admit that they were a good lookin' family. My buzzed self took a moment to check them out and lament the fact that Onyx was such an asshole.

#Bonfire2016

Back to top Go down

Re: [Private] Apologize if I Say Anything I don't Mean

Vincent Sawyer Byrne | Wolf; Pack Master/Alpha

Posted on Tue Nov 15, 2016 8:03 pm

Fate and I never saw eye to eye. Maybe because fate was something people talked about like it was phantom, only existing when it could be used as a convenience or an excuse. For me, fate was as real as the world I lived in. An angel with wings of bone and black abyss eyes, watching me, but never watching over me. A guardian of death. So you could see why I'd be skeptical when something good crossed my path. When you realize no matter which road you take it's always going to lead to the same destination, the only option you truly have is whether you want to take the shortcut and get it over with, or take the long one and hope those boned wings grow white, heavenly feathers along the way. Logan returning was a vacation from that reality. I had a lot of questions, a lot of reservations, and about as much hope as a mouse caught in a trap, but for once I found myself throwing every inhibition to the wind. If I believed in heaven in my current state of mind, I'd probably wonder why people stop at the gate to ask for the meaning of life when they could just go bounce from cloud to cloud without a care in the world.

"You wanna go? After this I mean. I'm sure Ana would get a kick outta you dude." The voice of... I'd forgotten his name, reached my ears. I wasn't even sure if Logan remembered the guys name. They'd been talking for about twenty minutes and all Logan had called him is peanut butter because the guy was eating that shit right out of a jiffy jar. "Nah man, tonight is a celebration. I need to make sure my cousin gets nice and toasted. I'll take a rain check though. 'Chick sounds fine as fuck." I stared off into the fire, eyes half closed, almost forgetting that I was standing between both of them when Logan slapped me on the shoulder and I nearly stumbled face first into the flames. "I think he's already sloshed dude." The guy laughed, then Logan laughed, and fuck me I think I laughed too. "Not enough! Let's get this mother fucker lit!" I watched him dig into the kiddie pool for some beers, and looked down for my own, only realizing then that it was no longer in my hand. And then... One suddenly appeared in my grip. Without a word I flipped out my blade and punched a hole in the bottom, brought it up to my mouth, snapped the fucker open, and downed at least four-fifth's before tossing the can and what little foam remained into the fire.

"Who 'that dude?" What? I tried to follow his eyes, and one of mine closed like I was looking through a scope, trying to pinpoint who exactly he was talking about. "The blonde." The blonde? My eyes scanned over some brunette jumping onto the back of a guy in plaid, another chick spilling her drink down the front of her shirt, Olympia setting up a chair, some guy I'd never even fucking seen before taking a leak not even two feet away from the bulk of the party, and-wait. Not your type. I said, smacking him on the shoulder this time, his beer sloshing out onto the ground, and Debo's voice sounding out from the crowd "Deuce!" as I started walking towards her.

I stumbled, and again, and a-fucking-gain. My last stumble landing my ass on the ground in front of her chair and my head in her lap. I looked up at her, confused at her upside-down face. Why'd you take my beer, Olympia? I slurred the words, throwing my hands up to prove there was no drink in them. When I dropped them I used them to pull myself up, towering over her, trying not to tilt too far in any direction. Wait... When'd you get here? I glared. Am I fucking high or are you here to celebrate with me? What the fuck was happening? Nawwwwwww, you're not here for that. I smiled, jerking my head back, away from her. You fuckin' hate me. I laughed. Admit it, you came for the free booze.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Wed Nov 16, 2016 6:13 pm

I lounged sideways in my chair, with my legs slung over one of the armrests and my back resting against the other. The vodka was too big to fit into the chair's built-in cup holder, which was the one drawback of trying to consume such a large volume of alcohol. The bottle was still in my hand when Onyx lumbered over and practically dived to the ground. The alcohol sloshed around in the bottle, but the narrow opening stopped it from spilling onto me.

I was initially annoyed by his drunken invasion of my personal space, but even with the vodka numbing my empathy I could feel Onyx's emotions loud and clear. He was brimming with elation, like an overfilled glass. It spilled over into me through my gift, and I couldn't help but laugh, amused by his antics rather than annoyed.

I pushed his head away, but not with enough force to seem angry. Geez, Onyx. Way to kill a good mood, I laughed. It was hard to be mad at him when he was like this, his good feeling leaking into mine. At least he wasn't brooding - in fact, I'd never seen him so happy. I took a long drink of the vodka and flicked my eyes towards his cousin, Maybe I'm here for something else. I was only half-trying to push his buttons 'cause hell, it was fun. With him so sloshed, it was hard not to want to mess with him.

Please don't tell me you came over here to talk about feelings, I said with a raised eyebrow, we've been through this before, I said, only half joking. Anyway, I've already got my own booze, so what are we celebrating? I asked, punctuating my statement/question with another swig from the bottle. I offered it to him, since he'd accused me of stealing his beer and I was feeling generous.

It was too bad that the first time I'd seen him since One Shot was when we were both sloshed, and yet I didn't want to talk about wolf stuff. I felt so good. I didn't want that downer now. There were good times to be had.

Back to top Go down

Vincent Sawyer Byrne | Wolf; Pack Master/Alpha

Posted on Mon Nov 21, 2016 10:38 pm

I had to wonder if I oozed darkness. Was it something that came out of my skin with my sweat? Was happiness just a mask while gloom was something built into my very being? You can always change your mask, you can't change what you are. So I didn't know, I didn't know if this version of me that felt so unfamiliar felt equally foreign to everyone else. Did I look like a fucking elephant trying to be a squirrel to the world? Or was that just how I felt? And more importantly, was I fucking high, or was Olympia being receptive to whatever vibe I was sending out? Like I'd said before, I had a lot of questions, and some things never changed, because no matter how I was feeling, most of the answers were written at the bottom of a bottle.

Is this you in a good mood? I thought something felt off. I joked with no intention to piss her off for a change. With my luck, I wouldn't be surprised if she was pissed anyway. Not that I would notice, I was drunk. Not entirely, but close enough. I had stages, and sloppy was only one step after buzzed. I had plenty more stages to go before being completely fucking inebriated. And because I wasn't entirely there yet, I found it really fucking easy to follow the direction of her eyes. Uh. Was the only reaction I could think of. A confused glare hung over my spaced out eyes as I stared at nothing trying to decide if she meant what I thought she meant.

Nope. I replied, reaching forward to grab the bottle and gulp back more than a few drinks. I leaned over her to set it down in the rocks beside her chair, lingering long enough to map out a mental plan. One that involved me lifting her up and throwing her over my shoulder... Which I did, and as I stumbled backwards I nearly sent both of us into the flames, but caught my footing just as the next 'song' came on. I came over to ask you to dance. We're celebrating life! I yelled out, cheers sounding out from the other side of the flames as hands holding red cups, beers, and bottles extended towards the sky. And I laughed, snatching a cup from the back of Debo's car containing I didn't even know and downed the entire thing. Tasted like fruit loops laced with snake venom.

I tried to set her down gently, but all of her weight was forward, and I was leaning fucking forward, and we both hit the ground. My hands smashing into the rocks to prevent myself from crashing into her, and my body rolling over to the side as I started laughing. You're a fucking awesome dancer, Olympia. I said as I pulled myself up, and immediately started bouncing on my feet, my head grooving from side to side as I tried to mouth the words to a song I didn't even know. Welcome to my woooorm!

Back to top Go down

Posted on Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:09 pm

I didn't think Onyx realized that whatever feelings I had around him were partially his own. He couldn't really blame anyone but himself if I was angry whenever I was around him. I mean, I probably wouldn't have been happy no matter what, but still. Yeah, 'cause you're such a ray of sunshine, I said, shaking my head.

I guess I couldn't really be hard on Onyx. I'd spent a lot of time being mopey since I'd gotten back. Talking to Michelle and, surprisingly enough, Luxx had really encouraged me to actually do stuff instead of sitting around on my ass all the time. I didn't think that partying was what Luxx had in mind, but it was helping me to get my mind off of things and it was even leading me to hate Onyx slightly less, which Luxx would probably encourage considering everything she'd said about Onyx not being useless and all that.

Onyx didn't pick up on my joke and I realized belatedly that it was just weird anyway so I let it die in peace. I lounged back while Onyx had the bottle, feeling surprisingly at ease considering that most times we were together I was tense enough to pop a blood vessel. I was not at all prepared for him to sling me over his shoulder like a sack of potatoes, what the- my expletive was cut off as I nearly plummeted face first into the fire. I hit his back, put me down! I could feel all the blood rushing to my head, and I could see my hair falling to the ground, collecting leaves and dirt.

When he finally released me, I went down hard. My hair was messy and in my face and the blood that had collected in my head rushed away. I pushed my hair aside and looked up at Onyx, who was already back on his feet. I was beginning to wonder if the vodka had been spiked or if I was dreaming or something. Maybe someone had spiked whatever Onyx was drinking. Whatever had just happened was so surreal that I was momentarily stunned. I stared up at him as he sang like nothing unusual had just happened, Did you win the lottery or somethin'?

I pulled myself to my feet unsteadily - I was pretty sure all the vodka in my bloodstream had gone straight to my head while I was upside down. The drunkness both saved and hurt Onyx, since my drunken self thought the whole thing was kinda funny but had dulled my ability to feel what he was feeling. I grabbed a beer and popped it open taking a good gulp before I punched him in the shoulder, Don't do that again, asshole, I said, but I was laughing, Those aren't even the words.

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics