setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Closed] Five-Fucking-Thirty

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Narrative |

Posted on Sun Nov 06, 2016 1:06 am

Breathing in the air of One Shot was like inhaling distilled Home. Ozra had always intended on returning. Under these particular circumstances were more than he could have dreamed of. An opportunity to make renovations, changes, additions to the bar and have it all be paid for by a Lone. The staff on shift had all welcomed him back warmly. Patting him on the back, pouring him a drink. Though he longed to be on the other side of the bar, to serve what was left of the Pacific Pack. Ozra had brought with him ten others that had managed to escape and they had immediately filled One Shot with the familiar smell of wolf. He fully intended on announcing his arrival, to Onyx and Olympia but he’d found himself glued to the task of mentally sketching out what he intended to transform his bar into. Olympia was the one of the two he felt he should speak to first, even though having an audience with his Alpha was very important. He felt that phone conversation had lumped her into the same category as Onyx and Luxx and that needed to be remedied. It was in this state, nursing a beer that he witnessed a fucked up sight.

In through the doors staggered two skinny wolves. One male with a pair of goggles on his head, bald and a burn scar the shape of South Africa on his face. One female, with impossibly red hair and a skirt that had probably been sold in the belt section of the department store. Between them hung a slumped figure, crowned with blond curls. “Luxx”. Ozra looked at the clock and then back to the wolves. “Who the hell are you lot? and how the hell is she this maggot at five-fucking-thirty.” She was going to miss happy hour, something the humans had introduced. Without wolves to pad One Shots bottom line they had resorted to creative measures. Luxx would love Happy Hour.

“That would be our fault.” An older, much older Wolf came in from behind the other two, an unlit cigarette in his mouth. “Luxx din’t stop, I tells ‘er dat ma moonsh’ne isn’t fa scullin.” The accents on both of them told him they weren’t from around here. Was Luxx back to her old tricks? Trying to build her own pack from chewed on lego blocks this time. “She lik dis a lot doe.” She’d always been a drunk but this was on another level. Luxx was out for the count and the sun hadn’t even set. Reminded Ozra of a certain Pack Master. He’d been thinking that her bad news was going to rub off on Onyx. It made him grin thinking that it was the other way around.

“I is Boom, dis is Scarlet, we be Black Powder Pack.” He articulated, his name and his companions and the name of his pack far better than any other word Ozra had heard so far come out of his mouth. The girl was silent, looking down at Luxx with more concern in her eyes than anyone should have for the Lone. “Lone.” The old wolf just grunted and eyed Ozra's beer with a hunger that could only be attributed to one who lived rough. “Names Vilks.” He then took a seat at the bar reminding Ozra very much of the ‘make yourself at home’ attitude Luxx had brought in with her, once upon a time.

“Is da Pak Masta ‘ere? Luxx sed we sood meet ‘im but she don’ wanna in…inoo…intra…” “Introduce you.” Finished Ozra, finally getting the hang of how Boom spoke. The skinny wolf nodded his head and grinned with a mouth with more than a few missing teeth. “Nope, doesn’t surprise me that she hasn’t..introduced you…those two are hot and cold more than my furnace.” One week she would be in here alone, drinking herself into oblivion. Next Ozra would be hearing from other wolves that they had seen them together at that skummy old skatepark, boycotting One Shot in favour of privacy and brown paper bags.

“Take her in back, trust me, it’s a familiar place for her to wake up in.” 

Back to top Go down

Re: [Closed] Five-Fucking-Thirty

Narrative |

Posted on Sun Nov 06, 2016 1:24 am

While the men carried Luxx’s unconscious body into the back room Ozra sat down next to Scarlet at the bar. She kept flicking her eyes cautiously towards him like a frightened animal. “So, Scarlet, tell me about yourself.” Her disposition changed almost immediately. The owner of One Shot decided she had been expecting him to be unwelcoming seeing she wasn’t from the Pacific Pack. “I is a writa.” It took him a moment to work out what the fuck she was saying. “What do you write about?” He almost regretted saying it. Did her stories get written like the way she spoke? It would be like trying to interpret something transcribed onto ancient parchment in hieroglyphics. What would a wolf who dressed like a highway hooker, smelt like toxic home-made bathtub booze and had soot on her face, write about? “Lurve.” Oh fuck.

Scarlet flipped the little worn backpack she’d been carrying off her shoulder and rummaged around pulling out a dirty, dog-eared textbook. One kids took to school to write down the names of American Presidents, or the underlying meaning behind Shakespearian sonnets or just the names of their crushes with hearts around them. “I ‘as one I call, da Spirital leada and da Warlor’, buh Luxx ‘as insired me ta writ’ a noo one.” Ozra coughed to bite back a laugh. A wolf who wrote romance novels. Now he’d heard it all. “Don’t tell me, this ones called The Alpha and The Lone.” Scarlet looked stunned, her mouth dropped open and then rose again in a smile of epic proportions. Fuck, he’d hit the nail on the head. What the hell had this wolf been drinking? Gasoline?

Back to top Go down

Narrative |

Posted on Sun Nov 06, 2016 2:37 am

Vilks chewed on the end of the rolled up cigarette in his mouth, always driving back the desire to light it. “Howdidga git kickt outa pack dere Filks?” He frowned dialling back the anger that normally came with a question like that one. Pack Wolves always wanted to know what you’d done to get exiled. Always assumed you’d done something wrong. In reality Vilks hadn’t met a single Lone whose origin story he knew included self-abandonment aside from Luxx. In some ways he elevated her on a pedestal because of that fact. She had willingly faced the horrible pain of loneliness. Though he couldn’t imagine why she would inflict something like that upon herself. She was clearly insane. “Who said I got kicked out?” Vilks growled roughly dumping Luxx’s body onto a worn out couch. She looked troubled in her comatose state. Eyebrows furrowed, mouth dipped in a grimace. Too much moonshine kid, better slow those jets. Death comes for all of us, no need to go looking for it.

“Butcha did amirite?” Boom adjusted the goggles on top of his head, though he need not worry. They were strapped on so tight Vilks could see groves bent into the flesh of his skull. “Maybe.” Vilks muttered shifting his cigarette from one side of his mouth to the other. “Tis all gud now, dis Onyx dude, he be takin us all in. Luxx sed he be da one ta save us” The old Lone eyed the younger wolf wondering what the fuck Luxx had told these two pups. Boom couldn’t be much older than twenty, his sister younger still. She had a way of weaving shit that girl did. It actually pissed him off that she would try to reintegrate them into a pack. While he still felt the pang of regret, he had been alone for so long he’d become accustomed to it. He thought she was a like minded soul. Maybe batshit crazy Scarlet was right and the fool had fallen for a Pack Master and was now trying to find a way to be accepted in. Biting the end of his cigarette off in anger, Vilks decided he was going to put a stop to that.

Back to top Go down

Lilith Alysbury | Wolf; Warlord/Battlelord

Posted on Mon Nov 14, 2016 11:41 pm

One Shot for some reason had always felt like a home away from home. I’d gotten attached to bars before but not like this. A love affair that only one other wolf could understand. Ozra. Now this was a spectacular start to a dream. Fuck. I’d been over the constant bombardment of past mistakes and experiences. I’d thought that if I could completely collapse my brain through either too much drinking, Fanger blood, loud music or experimenting with my ability, it would just go black. Just one night without anything. Just one night. Gripped with this joy that I was about to have a good dream for once I sat down at the bar. Everything had an unearthly glow about it, like I was sitting in a haunted house. Something darted around, slinking in my peripheral vision. As I turned my head it was gone. Ozra’s warm but over the top laughter filled the room. The dancefloor was almost completely empty. Just how I liked it.

Sliding off my barstool I tried to pay attention to the music but kept forgetting what the song was a moment later. I had faith that the pulse of sound told my body what to do so I lost myself in the moment. Fuck. Normally at some point some wolf would have come up to me and puffed out his chest to make some kind of declaration. This was fucking bliss. In fact I even got to wave as Boom and Scarlet walked in the door, setting up a business deal with Ozra to supply him, but not the bar, with Boom’s janky bathtub Moonshine. As the Guinea pig I would say he shouldn’t sell that shit to customers, but it was a fucking trip and a half. Wait? Wasn’t that what I had just been doing? Drinking….oh yeah, that’s right. This is a dream isn’t it? A coma sleep from that very Moonshine!

Hanging in a confused state of mind, jamming out, hands above my head. I was in a music narco trip when a hard glass shaped object was slid down into my fingers. All of a sudden, the music that had sounded like it was being played through a string cup phone, became alarmingly clear. Who that fuck was manning the station tonight? Fuck my life had a missed the memo about genre evenings? Looking up I realised the glass that had been parachuted into my hand, still had another hand attached. Looming over me was Onyx’s taller frame. The dirtiest smirk to have ever lurked on the wolf’s face. Smoke hanging from the corner of his mouth. Lit. Fuck Ozra’s rules apparently. Leather jacket, his alarming blue eyes staring right down my top. “You going to let go, or do I have to beg?” I think in my head it was meant to be sarcastic. Did not at all sound like that. I purred at him. The cock of his eyebrow made my skin tingle.

So easy. Letting the music tug at my limbs. Slithering my fingers around the bottom of the glass. I swung my hips around to face him. HA. Dreams were utterly hilarious. I should be laughing but instead, my heart was pounding in my chest. My eyes were desperate to glow. Onyx looked like a fucking oasis in the desert and I was fucking dying. Letting a dirty look slowly develop across my face, I hooked my fingers over the waistband of his jeans. Easy. What the fuck? Why did this all of a sudden sound like a good idea? That’s it. I’ve lost it. My mind is fucked. Too much booze. Fanger blood is killing me. My memories are not even safe anymore. Secrets are too hard to keep. Time Stop fucking ability has fried my brain. Now I was having weird fantasies. Great. Just great.

“Lights off, lights on. I guess the groove is on so I am. Diggin' the scene. Diggin' on you. Diggin' on me. Baby bay-ooo-baby baby. It's on like that” 

He grabbed my ribcage with a firm hand and dragged me in close, the music injecting my body with tequila, or red wine, or whatever else according to urban legend made girls wild. Not being shy about where my fingers roamed, since he wasn’t censoring his own, I reached up and captured his smoke, flicking it across the room behind him. My hips ground suggestively against the Alpha as he dipped his head. Dark eyelashes disguising a drunken gaze, full of wicked intentions. His mouth turned with a filthy smirk, smoke slowly seeping out of his lips as he leaned down to…. Stop. Stop right there. So since fucking when did I decide to re-translate, Protect the Pack Master…into Fuck the Pack Master? Huh? Which horny fucking Fanger gave me that idea? Onyx’s mouth was so fucking close, and every bone in my body was aching for him to finally just…. I planted both hands on his chest and pushed hard. Fuck! If I had anything left I had some fucking dignity.

The expression on his face just melted away and was shortly replaced by a sneer. That was more familiar. Now we could get back to the regular scheduled programming. Ignore that little hiccup. “What the fucks your problem Lilith?” Didn’t even sound like him. Actually, no, in a way it did, but as if someone else was also speaking with him. In the background. Like a manager in the wings prompting the idiot with lines. “You want me? You can have me.” Onyx’s hand grasped the glass so tightly that it shattered in his fingers. Blood dripped through the sharp shards embedded in his flesh. Closing the distance between us he reached out and smeared his blood, across my lips and down my chin. “I do distinctly remember saying that I didn’t want anything from you.” The room moved. A wobble but not like an earthquake. More like someone had tilted the picture frame we were in, or shifted the photo negative.

Even though this was a dream and I could rightly do whatever the fuck I wanted….I wasn’t even sure why the hell he suddenly looked like an all you can eat buffet. Why running my hand down his chest had made my blood thicken. Why his general proximity grew a cluster of butterflies in my stomach. Why his arms looked so fucking inviting. Staring back him defiantly, challenging him, I felt a hot flush rise up from my core. It was like he could tell I was struggling with an intense desire to lick his lips, his jaw, his chest… “I think, it would be better, if you went and fucked yourself.” Flicking him the finger I turned intending to head to the bar when the bar shimmered. A flashback return to the room where I’d once seen Onyx, trapped by his own skeleton replaced One Shot.

Walls made of flesh, rippling, breathing. Fuck not this again. A sickening suckling sound drowned out the music and my eyes opened in horror as from behind Onyx came wet pink tubes, each had their own individual lamprey mouth. Floating, hovering, bobbing and weaving through the air. Striking like vipers they screeched at an ear perforating decibel. While I couldn’t feel pain, their chewing, mauling mouths were hard not to ignore. Burrowing themselves into both Onyx and myself their juicy oozing snake bodies wrapped about us, locking us together. "Lilith." Dark Crimson began to bleed from the Alpha's eyes, it seemed to taint the very whites. Soon colouring the whole ball black. "Why the fuck are you using that name? Luxx, the names Luxx." A scream of frustration echoed around me, all the lamprey mouths howling along with it. Two of them slammed into the back of Onyx's head....right through the eye sockets.

What
The
Fuck?

Thrashing about, clawing my arms in front of me I caught something in my finger. Headphones shot out of my ears and I groaned hearing yet another ipod fall to a floor. Fuck me, if it was broken I was going to shit bricks. Sitting bolt upright my eyes cleared. Boom, Scarlet, Vilks and Ozra were all standing over me, dumbfounded expressions on every face. “Ya’ll a wee smidgeon awks ‘bout…?” Boom trailed off. “You just had one gnarly dream.” Vilks began laughing his fucking arse off as I smeared drool off my chin. My eyes sluggishly shifted from one wolf to the next having a sudden realisation that the content of my newest brand of nightmare, had not been….recommended for audiences. “Ohhhh…fuuuuck..” 

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics