setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Closed] With me still inside.

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Vincent Sawyer Byrne | Wolf; Pack Master/Alpha

Posted on Thu Nov 03, 2016 2:00 pm

I twisted the neck of the little bottle between my index finger and thumb around in circles. The evening sun caught the edge and sent scattered splatters of white light across the ceiling of my truck. I was lounged back, head resting against my headrest, eyes half closed, staring down at what looked to be a miniature bottle of pink hued water. It looked so harmless, like seriously watered down koolaid.

There was an entire crate of the things. And I, despite my immortality, was filled with a sense of dread and hesitance at the thought of consuming what very well could have been poison. I guess I needed to drink one a day, up until the ritual. Rosina, the witch friend of Jonah and Camille was… Strange. It was unusual for me to stand in the presence of a witch or a warlock and not instantly fantasize about tearing open their throats and licking up the mess. Like an alcoholic on their knees, eating their own vomit off of the bathroom floor as to not waste a drop. But something, I could only assume some kind of spell, had killed whatever normal impulses I had while in her presence. I just didn’t trust the witch… But it wasn’t like I had many other options anyway, and honestly, I didn’t have much else to lose either.

I exhaled, eyes zoning out on the evening light that stretched it’s orange glowing hand through my window and across the folds of my shirt. My hand plopped into my lap as I inhaled this time, deep, eyes closed, trying to soak up what very well could have been the last bit warmth I’d feel until summer. Or ever again. ”You need me.” The whisper came as a shock this time, and I nearly jumped out of my skin, instinctively looking behind me, even though I knew she wasn’t there. ”You’re not worth saving.”

I dropped the bottle to the floor and slipped both hands into my hair, arms shaking as I tried to resist the urge to just squeeze until my brains burst out of my head. ”You destroy everything. Everyone.” It had been explained to me, why I needed to be miserable… But she was already a part of me, what use was torment now? Other than just sadistic desire to remind me of everything I tried to ignore.

”I knew you would lose everyone, but you managed to lose everyone from both lives, perfectly in sync. You have nothing, Onyx.” Odin’s voice came through and my eyes closed tighter. At the foot of his bed there he sat, slumped over and his insides spilled out over his lap. My cousin was dead. Fucking stop, fucking stop, fucking stop. Seeing our Spiritual Leader's lifeless body mangled on the ground sent my heart into my stomach, but the true skin crawling fear I felt came over me when I rushed to her side and looked into her lifeless eyes. Stop! There was nothing I could do to block out the young wolfs screams as the house was sent ablaze. I was a murderer, driven by a selfish desire to keep a secret. Fuck I needed it to stop! "I feel no passion from you and its fucking sad. Your pack abandoned you…" Luxx... No more, please! "You were never a part of your pack, wolf. You were, are, always have been, and always will be Lilith's vessel and nothing more. It is your purpose to be weak, to be hated, and then die."

"We are the same."

The last whisper, before my fists began swinging against my steering wheel. Vision blurry, leaving my outburst with no direction. My hand slipped and punched straight into one of my vents, busting out every plastic slat except one. I listened to them fall to the floor, each one clanking against that tiny glass bottle as I threw my head back and covered my face with my hands. They slid down, fingers separating as they passed my eyes, and I stared into nothing as they finally fell into my lap. Maybe they were just reminders... Fucked memories brought to the surface to remind me how little I deserved saving. I couldn't even explain why I was leaning forward to pick the bottle up off of my floor. My eyes still forward and fucking empty, feeling nothing for the scene before me but absolute fucking hatred at how the river could keep flowing, sun could keep shining, and birds could keep chirping when the fucking world was falling apart.

Only one thought sat in my mind as I twisted off the cap, brought the bottle to my mouth, and drank every last drop. How much I couldn't wait to fuck that demon bitch up her ass and send her back to hell where she belonged. One final act of revenge for fucking my life before I'd drive my damn truck into the Grand Canyon.

With me still inside.

Back to top Go down

Re: [Closed] With me still inside.

Posted on Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:51 am

This is part 2 of 3.

Trigger Warning: Some... Highly inappropriate words, and violence fill this post. Please, please, please read at your own discretion. As an extra precaution, I've hidden the post behind the hide code... Meaning you'll need to comment [post a reply to this thread] with the word ''reading'' or ''unhiding'' if you want to read it. I'm sorry if that's too much work lol, I just... Augh, I'm sorry for this post too. Don't judge me! D:

Back to top Go down

Posted on Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:51 am

Part 3 of 3.

My eyes were watering, I hadn't blinked. And when I caught my reflection in my side mirror I realized my eyes were milky and glazed over, as if I was blind. I watched as the color returned to my eyes, and after a few seconds the looked as they normally did. No milky blindness, nothing. I scrambled in my seat, searching for the beer I'd just bought, for my new carton of smokes, but there was nothing. My hands even checked my pockets... Fucking idiot, beer and a carton of smokes can't fit into your fucking jeans.

My ears perked up as the door chimed in the distance, and I looked up to see a big man, Guns N' Roses tee tucked into his jeans, bald head at the top, and cowboy boots at the bottom. In his hands, something that looked like a candy bar and a twenty-two of bud light. He opened the compartment at the back of his motorcycle and tucked his new purchases away, hopped onto his bike, and took off down the road. And I, in my frantic confusion, instinctively looked to my hands, twisting them over to inspect them. There wasn't a drop of blood on them.

It wasn't real? I asked, for the first time in my life, actually speaking to her, asking the one question I always did when her horrific fucking daydreams swarmed my conscious mind like locusts. Why?! My hands slammed forward onto my steering wheel as I waited for that whisper. I waited for her voice to say something. But of course... It didn't.

I turned my key, looking to the entrance of the little gas station with it's flickering street light. I wasn't that thirsty... I could wait until I got home. And I drove off in the direction of Index.

Back to top Go down

Michelle Hawke | Human; Citizen

Posted on Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:57 am

Reading

Back to top Go down

Lilith Alysbury | Wolf; Warlord/Battlelord

Posted on Fri Nov 04, 2016 11:04 am

Reading

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics