setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Private] Howdy Neighbor - Page 3

[Private] Howdy Neighbor

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: [Private] Howdy Neighbor

Vincent Sawyer Byrne | Wolf; Pack Master/Alpha

Posted on Sun Nov 13, 2016 7:48 am

Malas Decisiones - Bad Decisions

I guess there were a few things that needed to be addressed. A conversation needed to be had but it was one of those things where no time ever seemed right to have it. And fuck if I was going to be the one to make things weird. I hadn't had someone I could call a friend in a long time. But was that even what she was? I couldn't tell, not that I would know how to be one anyway. But... I was fucking confused. Was she looking to be pals? Did she wanna be fucked? Was it both? Was it more? Did you even need to set boundaries in human and wolf relationships? I mean thinking about it, I was cool with her chillin' at my place. I was cool with her chillin' with my pack at One Shot. But... I knew exactly where the line had to be drawn, and that was the den. Which basically meant I wasn't cool with her getting balls deep in pack politics and other strictly wolf issues. Funny, now I knew why it didn't feel entirely right talking with her about that shit.

Barring her from that portion of my life was more for her safety than anything else. But when that bullshit made up about ninety percent of my life, I wasn't sure I could call her a friend if I couldn't talk about it with her. I guess she was just a vacation buddy, in that she was a vacation from that ninety percent. Someone I could relate to over human bullshit without sounding like a complainer when clearly wolf shit was far more fucking intense than bonding over mutual distaste for the idiot at taco bell getting our order wrong. But maybe I was thinking too deep into it anyway, which was a brutal fucking realization. Couldn't I just enjoy her company, keep my secrets, and let her keep hers? Fuck yeah I could. I'd just have to keep waiting for a friendship that let me fucking dig deep into both sides, human and wolf. Something told me it didn't exist.

Being shallow isn't our fault, really. But it's true, we're all shallow as fuck. There's been scientific studies that correlate defining physical gender traits to fertility, like a woman's facial symmetry and a broad chest for men. Further proof that humanities purpose doesn't really extend beyond mating like rabbits to prevent the species from dying off... And I don't know if that's exactly true, I read it on the internet. I laughed, shrugging my shoulders. And I just realized how fucked it was for me to bring up Bundy. Or more accurately how fucked I am... If you decided to start wearing a hockey mask and made a choice to start skinning people I'd still be chill as fuck with you watching me shower. Fucking hell that was the honest truth too. I'm not completely nuts, I'm just metal as fuck I swear.

Now I'd started some serious shit without even trying. I could admit, I was curious about her life. This chick was insane, in all the right ways. What kind of shit had she gotten into since we hooked up? More importantly, had she swapped out her interest in fangers for a position in support of wolves? Not that it mattered really, I guess recent events had just made me more competitive. I mean this in the best way possible, but I have no interest in getting shit off my chest with you. Our shit is cool, I'd like to keep it that way. Maybe she'd take it as an insult, and I cared if she did to an extent. But not as much as one might think, because I really did mean it in the best way possible. For now anyway. But yeah, booze. We can try to behave. You keep your feathers off me, and I'll keep my paws off of you. It can be a growth exercise. 'Can we talk about the gnarliest shit without somehow making it fucking erotic'. Better yet, I'm inclined to make that shit a drinking game. Not that I needed to be drunk around her... But getting rid of that pesky ass fucking 'care' factor sounded awesome.

I'm a greedy mother fucker with an addictive personality Hawke, having a slice of the pie has never been good enough. I want the whole damn thing, and the next one too. Fucking talking about food made my stomach grumble, and I glanced at my phone one last time to make sure I didn't hallucinate the response Debo had sent. The corners of my mouth curved upwards in what could only be described as a grinch grin as I listened to her. My digits are too big. I replied, letting it hang in the air for a minute before continuing. Really though, my thumbs aren't built for precision. This damn keyboard is made for midget hands. Fuck I hated texting.

For all you know I could be a try hard fucked wierdo. I took a minute to send one more message as I spoke, letting Debo know to just come inside when he arrived, which was more or less a fucked up jumble of letters, but could easily enough be deciphered. And I shoved the thing back into my pocket before following her inside. My eyes widened as the music got louder, and I watched with a look on my face which accurately represented what I was feeling. On the brink of laughter. I crossed my arms and watched her fingers ripple madly through the neck of her imaginary guitar. I returned her enthusiasm with the horns and a hardcore super frown of death metal approval as I closed the door behind me. Who has two thumbs and a willingness to help you bring in your furniture? I stuck out my thumbs, then rotated them until they were pointing in my direction. This guy.

You can change the music to something more your speed if you want. I pointed towards the stereo as I stepped past her and right into the kitchen. On the table sat one box, and instead of sifting through the alcohol inside I grabbed the entire thing and moved to the living room where I sat down on the couch. So what's it gonna be? I asked as I started pulling out the bottles. Rotting insides? I held up the bottle of jagermeister and placed it beside me. Malas Decisiones? I held up the bottle of tequila, and it clanked against the bottle of jager as I sat it down. This time, reaching in with both hands to grab the Vodka and Jack. Or... The old reliables?

Back to top Go down

Michelle Hawke | Human; Citizen

Posted on Thu Nov 17, 2016 1:53 am

The dude was always surprising me, although it’s not like I’d known him long enough to know his life’s story or the deep crevices of his personality. Then again, he’d never appeared as an idiot to me. Maybe it was my own shitty train of thought that had me shocked at his intelligence. He seemed like the kind of guy who could be freaking smart but didn’t want you to know. Then again, it was basic biology and now I was being an ass because I was proud of him for understanding a simple concept as natural selection and shit like that. Why is it that I can’t really imagine you on the internet? I asked, now getting an image of him having an actual facebook account and having a cute lil grandma commenting on all of his pictures about how handsome he is and telling him he needs to wash his shirt. Wait, I haven’t even thought to look. Does Vincent Byrne have a facebook? Did you have a myspace? I think I’d kill to see young downward facing myspace shots of little Vincent.

You are metal as fuck, bro. But true to our typical conversations of the sexual habits of zombies, I wasn’t disgusted. Actually, the coolest idea ever popped in my head, and it wasn’t staying in my head. And we both could basically be the protagonists of a Terantino movie. Maybe I was, but I think it felt more like John Carpenter. Not bad, but not nearly as fun. And I wasn’t the protagonist, just an incredibly confused but unnaturally interested witness.

I mean this in the best way possible, Joe, but I’m a shitty listener, so yeah, let’s keep our shit cool. A lie? Not in the way one would think. I was curious about shit in general. And for fucks’ sake, I wanted to know about Gio, but he was the most awkward person in the world to bring that up to. Besides, at this point maybe I knew the answer and refused to accept it. But me being a problem solver? Nah, I’d listen, and then I’d attempt to make shitty suggestions to fix them that had nothing to do with the actual problem to begin with. My shitty suggestions would prove I didn’t know shit about shit. Listening to problems just made me feel awkward as fuck. I didn’t mind being there, I didn’t mind making a shitty time better, but for fucks’ sake, that’s one thing I hated about girls. They want to “hang out” to forget about a dude or some shit then talk about the motherfucker the whole time.

Yeaahhh.. Feathers. I uh.. Sorry about that, I said with a cool wink but fuck I don’t think he knew how truly embarrassed I really was about that shit. I liked the ability, sure, but I wanted the discovery of it fucking mind wiped from both of us. Maybe it was a good thing, though. Maybe it would make me keep my pants on because I’d be fucking paranoid now any time shit started getting real. Alright, it’s a game. Your friend, the one coming with food, he stayin? Maybe he needs to be our referee. I shook my head, although, shit even I couldn’t resist a dick reference. But he was already losing… winning? The drinking game. Have you seen me? I’m like, space whore weirdo. I don’t even give a shit and being weirdo is a compliment.

My air guitar didn’t stop for the laugh at Vincent’s corniness. Honestly, it was charming as fuck and was probably one of the biggest reasons I could feel comfortable as fuck around someone hot as he was. One of the reasons I was maybe.. Maybe finally getting to the point to where I could be around him again without being hot and bothered or at least a little bit nervous inside, however well I might have hidden it. Finally, the air guitar stopped, and I looked around at his place, just appreciating it for a second and then getting back to whatever the hell it was we were doing. No, not right now. Right now we’re giving responsibility and adulthood a middle finger and getting wasted. And the music is fine. My music was fucking My Little Pony at the moment compared to his shit. Besides, I didn’t mind it, but I skipped to the stereo and turned it slightly down so we could hear each other without yelling.

You know what, let’s go with uh.. What did you say? Malas Deliciousness? That, I said, pointing to the tequila. I really couldn’t remember the last time I had tequila. And I don’t mean it had been a long time. I mean I couldn’t remember it. The shit kinda fucked with me, which, I was kind of game for. I waltzed up to it, unscrewed the cap and took a sip right out of the bottle, shaking my head as I lowered it down and wiped my lips. Fuck, maybe it wasn’t time to be a cowboy. I mean tacos and tequila, how could that ever go wrong? Famous last words, especially when I’d probably spend tomorrow on the shitter. Glamorous.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Mon Nov 21, 2016 11:21 pm

I used the internet... It was hard to imagine anyone that didn't. Fuck I'd seen old ladies type out texts faster than I could, and some of the guys at work talked for days about political shit they'd read on twitter. Honestly, I'd had a late start on the internet shit, and the only reason I'd started using it was because I hated using the damn phone book just to order a fucking pizza. But yeah I used it, mostly for browsing through conversations on Glock Talk in between the bullshit sundae that was my life.

I winced, as if she'd actually physically hurt me with her questions. Nah man, I have enough shit to deal with in life. I don't need peoples glamorized oversharing, shitty opinions, or 'woe is me because my dog shit on my twenty-thousand-dollar wood floors' shit shoved in my face on a daily. I looked at her, Not saying that's what you do if you use social networking... Or maybe you do, if you do, you suck. I teased, And my old pics would have been more... Cholo-wanna-be-van-halen anyway. Not emo. Though that begs the question, does Michelle have any young downward facing myspace pics? Anything post eighteen in low cut shirts would suffice.

I threw my hands up, fuck she'd nailed it on the head. You just let me know, if you ever wanna lose the leg, replace it with a machine gun, and change your name to Cherry, I'll fully support you. I'm a good friend. If only she'd take my advice, and spend halloween dressed as Cherry Darling in my presence. I'd be in fucking heaven. Absolute fucking heaven. That's... I tucked my lips into one another and gave her a thumbs up. Because I'm a shitty sharer. I'd be a good listener, maybe. Though I hardly felt like Michelle lived a life of problems. More inconveniences and bad decisions. You could probably piss in her cornflakes and the chick would laugh like it's a prank. Easy going didn't even begin to describe how I saw her.

It's cool. Kinda hard to explain to the bros why birds turn me on, but it's still cool. I joked, and hoped to fucking god she didn't actually think I wanted to fuck birds. How dense was she exactly? I really wasn't sure which was a fucked thought. I didn't know her much beyond what she hid behind her clothes and some small flirtatious chit chat. And he wasn't gonna, but knowing Debo he'll make himself right at home. Which is why drinking needed to start earlier, that fucker was a fish, even more than myself. Define space whore, Michelle. I need to know it's definition before I put it under my new Facebook account as my ''dating preference''. She got weirder by the second, in the chillest fucking way possible. Move your fingers about four frets inwards for the next riff. It's your solo rockstar. I gave her a salute and finished pulling out all the booze. Just because we were starting with one didn't mean we wouldn't lead to another.

That's fucking fine with me, I work better on the juice. Maybe you can write me a reference, I can't seem to get my boss to agree to replacing the water at work with jack. Jack, of which I was twisting off the cap and already downing a few gulps. You mother fucking genius. I didn't even connect those dots. I watched her take a sip and gave her a look of disappointment before holding my own invisible guitar and finger tapping my way through the next verse with my tongue out.

Back to top Go down

Michelle Hawke | Human; Citizen

Posted on Thu Nov 24, 2016 9:19 pm

His answer didn’t surprise me one bit, although I did have a person or two on my facebook who reminded me a little bit of him. A video here and there of someone’s amazing guitar skills, a few TWD fan theories with heated debates in the comments. I almost spat my drink, though, and now I was determined to see if I could get access to these old vincent pics. I’ll show you mine if you show me yours, I said, but then I realized I the oldest pics of me I had were only a couple years old tops. I wasn’t sure if he knew Eva or not, but I wasn’t going to show him her pics. I guess I had a few, maybe I could pass off as older. This weird almost mohawk cut when I first came into town, my hair bright purple and I wore basically anything sold by Hot Topic. I mean, I have a Facebook, but my one post every three months is likely a funny cat video or a dumb meme.

I need my leg, but you know they can work miracles with costumes and illusions and shit. You’re totally talking about Cherry, right? What a shame, it’s so much easier to find an orange jumpsuit than a machine gun leg. I’d taken another drink of the cactus juice, happy that for one each drink got easier and number two I wouldn’t be judged for holding the thing with me like normal people kept a bottle of water. That’s what I liked about hanging out with him. No judgment, no catty frenemy bullshit. And I could literally talk about what I wanted to even if it was the fact that I thought he was hot and could fuck him at any time. We could be that way without being awkward. The most awkward moment we’d had was when I probably got fucking feathers in his mouth. I snorted with his comment about birds, getting a little tequila up my nose. Fuck!

Space whore is very, very nuanced, Mr. Byrne, I said, my hands exaggerating my already excited and faux snooty tone and the booze sloshing around in the bottle. Lots of black, lots of galaxy print or alien shit. Basically, what you’d end up buying if you went on a shopping trip after watching a Neil Degrasse Tyson documentary while tripping on LSD. Fuck if that didn’t sound like fun. I put the drink down and as commanded (and thankfully because the juice was already loosening me up) I geared up for another guitar solo, jumping around like Angus Young. Guitar solo done, I decided that was my exercise for the evening. I grabbed the tequila again and just as I sat down I heard his front door open. My head snapped back and before I even saw a person enter through the door, I yelled, TACOS! and ran to greet whoever it was with the food.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Sat Nov 26, 2016 9:30 pm

Admittedly, I imagined she used the internet a lot. I wasn't completely stupid when it came to the world of the internet. In fact, I'd been tempted by a few D&D games myself. Yanno... For nostalgia purposes... But I could never find the time to figure shit out. Plus my specs probably weren't up to par. It was one of those "someday" things, that would most likely never come.

I gripped my heart and threw my head back, Oh baby, how could I say no to those words? I knew what she really meant, but this chick knew exactly how to leave the door open for innuendos. It was practically her fucking superpower... At least another superpower. She had many. Sounds riveting. I said sarcastically before taking another drink, and ending it all with a smirk. It's nothing against you, but I probably won't be googling your name to see these funny cat videos and dumb memes. Unless of course you can provide me with a more compelling incentive. It was a lie, I probably would look her up when she was gone.

Yeah well it'd have to be authentic looking anyway. Nothing kills my hard on for weaponry like plastic props that look like they were bought at toys r us. What're you gonna do? Shoot beanie babies at your enemy? Oooooh, so scary. I took another drink, this one bigger than the last, and looked at the bottle, shrugging my shoulders as I went in for another big gulp, nearly choking as she snorted. Cocaine's better for that yanno... It's uh, less wet. I laughed.

Oh well la-di-da, aren't you the most prestigious of the space whores. I wobbled my head from side to side with a super frown and ended the act with another drink. I laughed at her description, but it fizzled out and I curiously cocked a brow. Wait, have you ever even done LSD? Not that I was considering it. In fact, it was probably in our best interest to not talk about it considering Debo was going to arrive any minute. That fucker would take it seriously and order that shit like takeout.

Her excitement sent a jolt of fear throughout my body and I jumped up, sloshing booze onto the couch before pulling myself out of my seat. I stopped off by my desk and pulled out my external hard drive and greeted both of them at the door. "Ho, ho, ho you fuckin' nubs, Santa Debo has arrived with some grub!" He did a jig and casually flopped the end of his... Santa hat? Over to the side, and gave Michelle a look-over. "Oh baby, you didn't tell me this was a sexy party Byrne. Let me just put these tacos down and strip down to my skivvies. Santa hat optional." No, how about you drop off the food and... I grabbed the bags from his hand and passed him my harddrive, The new Amon Amarth is on there. "Oh IT REALLY IS CHRISTMAS!" he giggled a high pitched manic laugh and skipped off to my computer, pulled out his phone, and immediately started copying over files. Uh, Michelle, Debo, Debo, Michelle... I said, already knowing it was too late for introductions, and passed her the food. Let's eat!

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics