setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Closed] FIsheye Lens - Page 2

[Closed] FIsheye Lens

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Claire Trevino

Re: [Closed] FIsheye Lens

Claire Trevino | Human; Citizen

Posted on Mon Oct 31, 2016 10:33 am

I wouldn't mind if it had knocked some teeth out. I have to thank you for that. It was one of those responses that came out without me even thinking about it. And usually, I didn't wish much ill will, but obviously Shane had dished out plenty and karma was something I really wanted to believe in. Taking another swig of ginger ale I shook my head as I lowered the bottle. No, are you kidding me? I'd like to forget him, I just.. I just hope both of us stay off his radar. It had settled on me that night that he had specifically sought me, that our coincidental meeting was likely a planned effort on his part. Just that thought alone made me shudder.

Logan wai- I don't know why I was so worried about him opening the closet door, but I was already silently laughing at his enthusiasm. I didn't mind changing the oil, but there was a reason I'd put it off. Well, alongside the fact that I honestly didn't think being under a jacked up car by myself was a good idea. And the fact that I usually had some help since I'd only done it once before. I lead him to the door to the garage, which was only a few feet off from the coat closet but a bit wider, you know, like a normal door. I hopped down the two steps into the garage and flipped on the light. There's a shelf just on the other side, there, the synthetic is for the Jetta outside, I've been going with 10w30 for this baby. I found the bucket in the corner and drug it closer to the front of the car. I have no idea what I'm gonna do with this thing when it fills up. Then again, I've been too lazy to look it up.

It felt strangely quiet, other than the fact that you could faintly hear the whir of the dryer through the wall. Cozy as it was, I figured this guy wouldn't mind some music. How do you feel about some tunes? I have some that kinda.. fit the mood. I realized then that my phone was still on the table in the living room, so I made a quick hop and skip to the living room (okay not literally) but it wasn't far away, and grabbed the phone, back in the garage in no time, hooking the phone up to the aux cord of my cheap little stereo. I never could get the little bluetooth speakers to pair up. In a minute, I had my favorite racing song playing, but not so loud that it would cover conversation.

Back to top Go down

Logan Milo Byrne | Human; Citizen

Posted on Tue Nov 01, 2016 7:34 pm

Was Claire a badass? Hell yeah she was. A vixen, straight outta Quentin Tarantino Movie. Like Cherry Darling in Planet Terror. Hot as hell and apparently out for blood. I could appreciate a certain level of gore, but I'd never imagined a necklace made out of Shane teeth would look so sexy as it did in my head, around Claire's neck, with pretty much nothing else on. But then something even better popped into my head, something I couldn't keep quiet about. I wouldn't mind if you'd 've knocked some teeth out. There was a thought, Shane getting sucker punched by the woman he was trying to scam on. From the look on his face after I planted my fist into his face, I could only assume he didn't give a fuck. Gettin' floored by a woman though? He deserved that punch to his ego just as much as he'd deserved the one to his face.

I'd like to forget him. Like she'd forgotten me? I didn't wanna dwell on it, and it wasn't my style to. But her choice of words couldn't have been coincidence, could they? In fear of keeping the topic of douchebags going... I have to ask... How'd you fall onto his radar anyway? I asked, shrugging my shoulders in preparation for what I was about to say. I don't know, I just think you could do a lot better than... Him... Like who? Me? The thought should have sent me into gut busting laughter but instead it left me feeling fucked, and I didn't know why.

I listened, nodding, thinking. All while moseying over to the shelf to grab the goods, tucking it under my arm to grab the jack on my way. I was curious about one thing in particular, and as I began jacking the car up I decided a topic changer was probably a good idea anyway. So... You still racing then? Or have you graduated to a car enthusiast? I needed to get Eva out of my head, but it seemed the more I talked about Claire, the more I wanted to ask about Eva. It was a shit cycle, one I couldn't seem to get out of. I've been itching to go again. But... Yanno, shits been going on. Is there a new spot or am I not cool enough to kick it with the adrenaline junkies? I joked, kicking the stands under before rolling the jack off to the side. Yeah, I could go for some music. I flashed her a smile, one she didn't see as she'd already poofed her way back inside, and I took the opportunity to take another drink of my beer.

After laying something down, I slipped under the car to unscrew the drain plug, and didn't even have a chance to emerge before I heard the music start, already smiling from ear to ear. I pulled myself out and got to my feet, wiping the oil that was now coating my hand onto my shirt. It was a shit shirt anyway. My eyes met her and that smile stayed in tact. The music suits you. Maybe I needed to start considering a greaser haircut and rob my cousin of his douchey leather jacket. I'd done more to impress a girl before.

Back to top Go down

Claire Trevino

Posted on Tue Nov 01, 2016 8:37 pm

I'd never seen myself as a violent person, I rarely even applauded violence, at least not anymore. My memories bleeding back in had me remembering a time when I wanted to practically kill Michelle. Heck, I'd even attempted to join some kind of Army against supernaturals. Now I wanted to avoid anything of that nature, even if it did seem to seek me out. If I knew I had the strength to actually do some damage, I just might. I fingered the small scar on my neck, which was barely visible now. For one reason or another, that was one thing that I always remembered - the sickly body I had started with. Even with the strange dark haired man healing me, I was still week for some time, and I never had anything to compare to so that I could know that I was ever back to full strength. I would always feel weak. Logan, I don't think I've ever thrown a punch. I'd break my wrist or something. I grinned and shook my head, Though if anyone ever deserved it, it would be him.

I couldn't help but to feel like Logan was here not just to see me, but to talk about something more. It was just sudden, and, I wouldn't say awkward, but maybe that was only because he was more than welcome in my home and I likely wanted to see him just as much as he wanted to talk to me. There were things I wanted to say, wanted to ask, wanted to get off my own chest, but at the same time I imagined doing so would feel like cutting myself with a serrated knife.

He was at a race. I sighed, partly regretting that I had pretty much just been standing there letting Logan do the work while we talked, but also realizing just how easily Shane had pulled one over on me. Well, a few as a matter of fact. He was dedicated. Was there for me on my wins and losses, joked about how the other guy must have cheated if he'd beaten me. He didn't seem like such a jerk. I somehow managed to think he was just an actual fan of mine. Said something about having a little sister who would look up to me, playing with the big boys. I rubbed my temple, then finally grabbed the already stained oil rags from the shelf, along with a filter I'd already bought. I sat them down beside the driver's side front wheel, happy now that the subject was changed. After speaking it out loud, it sounded absolutely foolish. I wouldn't have even been upset with Logan for pointing it out.

Can I not be both? I asked with brows raised. Kind of have to limit it to enthusiast now, I mean, there's one more race? And no one cares. Championship is over, this one is just for kicks. I mean, I'm still going, of course. I narrowed my eyes, my head off to the side but my eyes on him just before my dart back to the living room. Wait, you thinking of racing the Impala? \

Ugh, I wasn't trying to be that girl, the one who had a guy do everything. If anything, I was hoping to do it myself and have him tell me where I was messing up. Obviously I wasn't mad, there was still some left to do, and I would insist on changing the filter myself. I started to head down there myself when he stood up, and I scrunched my face as he wiped his hand on his shirt. You know we have rags for that. I started to take the opportunity to get to work myself, but his smile had caught me, and his eyes had caught mine. I couldn't shake it and at least for a glimmer of a moment I found myself unable to move, and my heart was taking over my brain, wiping out all of my memories about how complicated our past was, and I watched him stand there as the boy next door. Just a guy, who seemed to care about a girl. I had to be seeing too much into it, but how could I? I had pondered nights after our encounter with Shane, just what all he had went through because of me, and while I didn't understand it, it couldn't have been easy. Why was he still here for me?

Does it? I asked, finally breaking the moment. I didn't know how long it lasted, but it felt like eons to me. I wasn't sure if my hesitance had prompted anything, so my attempt to sweep it under the rug was for me to get back to work, so I knelt down and grabbed the box for the filter and started to open it.

Back to top Go down

Logan Milo Byrne | Human; Citizen

Posted on Tue Nov 01, 2016 11:45 pm

She was probably right, and while I wasn't the kind of guy to get into brawls with other dudes over stupid shit, I had to admit there was an adrenaline rush to the whole thing. Even if you did get hurt, it was worth it if the idiot deserved it. Maybe you just need a strength trainer Claire. I'd of course offer up my services, so... You know, if you ever need to give someone a well deserved fuck-you-fist to the face you can make sure to do it right. My tone implied joke, but I was secretly hoping she'd say yes. Seeing her made me feel ten different ways of twisted and jacked, but I'd sleep better knowing she could defend herself.

I could admit, I wasn't entirely sure why I was here. Wanting to see her wasn't a good enough reason, and I wasn't even really sure if that was why I'd come. She had a face that was like home, but a history that was as fucked and complicated as... Something fucked and complicated? Oh? I should have pretended to be less interested, I mean shit, what kind of message was that going to send her? But my hatred for the guy was still new, I was still... Unfortunately, wrapped up in the drama, so anything about him had my attention maxed. It sucked. ...Okay... I said lightly, lost in thought. He had sought her out? Why? Nothing that man put in effort to accomplish ever ended well. What was I supposed to believe? He pursued her out of genuine interest? HA, nothing about that prick was genuine. I'll be honest, I'm sorry I asked. I said, trying to laugh it off. I just uh... Probably would have been better off not knowing, yanno?

I could sense the change in her tone, we were on the same page. I was happy for the subject change too. You can be both. I laughed, It's just... Usually if you lean too far one way or the other, that sets the difference between sitting in the drivers seat, and sitting in the stands. Honestly, you never looked better than you did in the drivers seat. Just... I don't know, free. There was no better feeling to a person than when they were in their element. I personally felt driving was hers. Oh hell nah, I'm sure as hell I'd love to... But, I've had that car longer than I can remember. You should hear the whimpers that come outta me when I see bird shit on the window. I had been considering getting another, specifically for racing. I guess I just lost incentive there for a while... But it's uh... I rubbed the back of my neck and flashed her a very quick smile before running my tongue along my back teeth in an attempt to hide it, it didn't work. Let's just say inspiration is comin' back.

I stared at her right back, not zoned out, just looking. I nearly forgot we were supposed to be changing her oil. Shit we should... I started talking at the same time as her. I mean... I laughed. I don't mind gettin' a little dirty. There was a brief pause, of silence, and I was thankful for her speaking up. It does, I'm kinda intuitive about these things. Point to any man or woman on the street and I'll tell ya' exactly what they listen to, what suits them. It's... kinda my thing. I took another drink, and used a clean spot on the end of my shirt to wipe my mouth. Okay, you know how to change the filter?

Back to top Go down

Claire Trevino

Posted on Wed Nov 02, 2016 10:15 am

The knee-jerk answer in my head was no. Since when did I go around punching people? But the reality began to settle in about my life, and the encounter with Shane. Nothing was normal about my existence. Being prepared wasn’t a bad idea. I’ll think about it. What are your um.. Credentials as an instructor? I shot him a grin to him, showing I was only kidding. Sheesh, I’d seen him in action now and I’d seen the way, despite his smile, that Shane held his jaw. I didn’t need any more credentials than what he’d given me.

My mind flipped through the reasons that Logan could be seeming so uncomfortable after my explanation about Shane. I wasn’t trying to defend Shane, of course. I think I was trying to defend myself to both of us why I’d even went on that date with him to begin with. So was Logan uncomfortable because he felt like I was defending Shane? In a normal situation, the answer would be something akin to jealousy. The new love interest didn’t want to hear about the ex, even if he asked. And then I realized that I’d just referred to Logan as a love interest in my head. Was that just me trying to figure out his reaction? Or was there something more to it? I was so confused so I simply stopped the train of thought. Yeah, and I would have been better off not going.

Yeah, I wish I could describe what it’s like, I mean, I’m sure you could figure it out. But there is something to it, it’s not just… exhilaration and thrill seeking. I really wouldn’t know how to put it in words. I’d actually stopped trying to explain it even to myself a long time ago. Right, comfortable? It didn’t matter, it was where I belonged and I looked forward to it every week. I didn’t know what I was going to do all winter without it. How bad is it that I’d love to catch that happening? Big, tough, strong Logan whimpering? I shook my head with a grin. You know, I’m still open to letting you take her down the track a few times. Not to mention Sparky always has his eyes open for fixer-uppers you could buy. We could so get one race-ready before next season. And there, hopefully, was my answer. It wouldn’t be quite the same, but maybe between that and whatever Logan had in mind for his strength training, I’d have something to keep me occupied.

The feeling I had when looking at him, the proverbial butterflies were still there, but I pushed forward, telling myself I would think about it later. Or not think about it. Or think about not thinking about it. I think so. Well.. wait. I knelt down and saw that the oil was still draining, slowly. I opened the driver’s door and pulled the tab to pop the hood, and went around, propping the hood up and finally opening the cap on top. I held it up to Logan with a smile, feeling at least a little full of myself. I could already hear the oil draining faster. Simple, though. Remove old filter, add new filter. I removed the new one from the box and grabbed one of the rags then slowly lowered myself beneath the car, watching the last of the oil finally trickle into the bucket.

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics