setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Closed] FIsheye Lens - Page 4

[Closed] FIsheye Lens

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Claire Trevino

Re: [Closed] FIsheye Lens

Claire Trevino | Human; Citizen

Posted on Fri Nov 25, 2016 12:29 am

What do you mean by that? There was always some kind of electric current between us, or at least I felt one. But it had rapidly and dramatically changed from a positive current to a negative one. I looked right back at him, as if what he was thinking would just casually reveal itself in his expression. But I was not an expert with body language and I wasn’t sure I ever would be. And it became clear to me our small talk wasn’t going to go very far. Did I take a chance and use this opportunity to talk about the hard things? It almost seemed as if that’s what he wanted me to do, but then again it was always easy for me to get things oh so very wrong. I waited a brief moment after he crawled out from under my car to have a moment to myself, to make an attempt at figuring out just what would make this easier for both of us. It was hard for him because I wasn’t who I wanted him to be. It was hard for me both because I couldn’t remember who I was, and after so long, I didn’t see the point. Why would I try to remember something I couldn’t have anymore? Why did he try so hard to hold on to something - someone that didn’t exist? Maybe we’d both work in silence, until one of us couldn’t stand it anymore and started more smalltalk. Or maybe I’d break and drop the Michelle bomb. I wasn’t even sure if he understood the implication of what Shane had said. That was of course if he believed it.

Finally I left my now warm spot underneath the car, even a bit reluctantly. Maybe it was my youth but it had felt strangely good on my back. And my heart skipped a beat when I saw Logan with less clothing than he’d had on when he was beside me under the car. Wait, was he using his shirt to unscrew… You know I had rags out for this stuff, I said, smirking and raising a brow and hoping the mood had been yet again lifted. Heck, if it would lift the mood even more I’d be tempted to take off something too. Tempted. Alright, I’ll be right back.

I stood before my fridge, pursing my lips, letting the cold air from the open door wash over me. I always loved when he was near, I always loved it even more when he was in my home. I was coming to realized I even loved the tension and maybe that’s what I wanted. And at the same time I was a train wreck. As much as I hated beer, I grabbed one for him, and another for me. I headed back for the garage after opening both. I sat mine on the shelf and in walking his to him I didn’t stop until I was standing right before him. I looked up at him, wanting to say something, and I mean something. Not just anything. I wanted to ask him what he wanted. Or hell, I could even kiss him.
It’s on the shelf. I got it. But then it took me a fraction of a second longer to move than it should have. Speak, McFly, Speak! Instead I handed him the beer and turned around, eyeing the shelves for just where I’d put the stuff. I spotted it third shelf up and went for it. You still staying with your friend? Small talk.

Back to top Go down

Logan Milo Byrne | Human; Citizen

Posted on Sun Nov 27, 2016 12:40 am

I guess I just mean... I feel like there's a limit. Or there should be anyway... A limit to how much worry people should have to feel in a lifetime. I think... I think you've more than hit that limit? I don't know. I trailed off, shaking my head and breaking eye contact to end the topic. Still feeling awkward I flashed her a smile, Maybe I just look out for you too much. I laughed, taking the seriousness of the conversation and tossing it away. I was not drunk, and even if I had been, I was willing to bet I wouldn't be drunk enough for a serious conversation with Claire the 'I don't care' bear right now. In fact, only moments ago I'd made a point to not tread in that territory. I wasn't about to lose momentum now.

So we'd reached the point, or more... One of the points. Let's just say there were several points to Claire and me being together in the same room. We'd just barely tapped into one of the more ''fun'' points, and I was reading her face like a book, or trying to anyway. Looking for any indication of her eyes moving up or down, or down or up, or any direction at all. Yeah, I knew there were rags, and I might have felt a little worried at her comment about them if I wasn't so fucking confident, but I was confident, so I just kept looking for any indication that she liked what she saw. So maybe my fantasy included her taking off her top and showing me what she had in return, and yeah, maybe that wasn't likely, but that hope always lingered in moments like this. Oh sorry, habit I guess. I said unconvincingly. I wasn't a good liar when I didn't want to be.

She disappeared and I contemplated removing the pants too, closing the hood, and sprawling out on top of it like one of those firefighter calendars, only I could hold my own hose instead of the fire hose. Maybe helicopter it around while doves flew in her window and gently tugged her clothes off of her body, let her hair down, rays of golden light beaming out from behind her. I blinked, and there she was, right in front of me, and I did a quick look down to make sure lil Logan wasn't sittin' alert. I sighed a mental sigh of relief when I realized he wasn't, and faintly smiled. Partially in reaction to my daydream, and partially to her presence. Not only her presence, but her hand holding a beer. Fuck, why the hell did that sight feel so much like home to me?

I set the beer down and followed her anyway, probably standing too close, but it didn't matter. I reached above her and pulled down the power steering fluid and copied her earlier behavior, staying where I was standing for longer than I probably needed to. No touching, but close enough she was practically pinned between the shelf and me. Yeah. My voice sounded out much deeper than I intended and I cleared my throat as I finally stepped away, moving over to her car to continue doing what I was doing, suddenly feeling like Megan Fox in transformers. Something about the image wasn't right... Oh yeah, it was the fact that I was a dude that would much rather watch Claire lean over her car in something skimpy. I mean, I'm not complainin'. Really I'm just grateful to have a place to live. But his couch isn't even a couch, it's uh, well it's a love seat and my legs hang over the end. I twisted the cap back on and pulled myself upright, eyes locking on Claires. I feel like one of those adult babies, yanno, the ones that wear bonnets and suck on pacifiers and sleep in cribs that are too small for 'em?

Back to top Go down

Claire Trevino

Posted on Mon Nov 28, 2016 2:25 am

I wasn't trying to be Logan's damsel, although I'd never admit it but I realized I liked it. Not that I wanted to make a habit of it, but I think I've driven the point home that after a bad day, after mental torment from Shane or maybe just a bad day at school there was something to the idea of being in his arms. And now, his arms, his chest, were bare and it was becoming obvious that there was something intentional to that. I could feel him behind me, and even then turning around to be between him and the shelf had startled me just a little. He was going to do it, wasn't he? He was going to make a move. I felt then like I rivaled those guys wearing sunnies to hide the fact that they were checking out a woman. Or using a mirror to do it, something like that, but basically my eyes stayed on his, looking up at him towering over me and my heart racing, but I was committing to memory what I could see in my peripheral vision. Wondering just how warm he felt, and what he would do if he was planning to do something. My tongue slid from between my lips, not as an intentional gesture but in my anxiety my lips felt dry as a bone. I saw the slightest movement in him and thought that was it, I thought it was going to happen but he moved away. Relief and regret all mixed into one. I reached behind me for the beer and watched him work, his pants sitting just low enough to where I could see the initial curve of his... well his ass.

That's um... that's a shame,. I said, taking a drink and leaving the liquid on my lips but cringing slightly at the taste. I hoped that this would be like a bad wine, that the more I drank the better it tasted. Or at least the less I would care about the taste. Doesn't sound comfortable at all. He began to turn around and this time I was too preoccupied to recognize where my stare was. I quickly started to take another drink of the nasty drink to break up the stare and I guess wake myself up from my trance when I removed the bottle almost spitting out my drink. I choked it down and finished with a wide smile at his ridiculous talk that had broken my lust trance for the shirtless man in my garage. Is that something you're into? Wearing diapers and sucking on pacifiers? I shook my head, a sheepish smile still splayed on my lips. I had you pegged wrong.

I walked over, trying to bring the cool back to the conversation which his joke had helped, and again I was both relieved and not. I pretended to muse while looking over my engine.

I have to admit, the rent here is just barely across the budget of what I should be spending. I looked quickly to him, seeing if there was a reaction to me putting my toes in the water of an offer that might have been my worst idea to date. I was thinking about putting out an ad for a roommate but... it might be better if I found someone I knew.

Back to top Go down

Logan Milo Byrne | Human; Citizen

Posted on Sat Dec 10, 2016 2:08 am

It was funny, if I compared Laurel to Claire it was apples an oranges. Both women were hot as fuck to me. Laurel had this misleading seductress thing goin' on. She was just one of those women that looked sexy but couldn't be more professional and classy, which automatically made her the biggest tease I'd ever come across, because I knew, it was going to take more than a coffee date to get her knickers off. I didn't mind the effort. But there was this other level to her, the level where she kept her passion for music, and on that level she was straight fucking wifey material, but all of the other levels to Laurel just weren't... Right. Not for me, anyway. I knew we would connect over the two most important things, that being attraction and music, but when you compare the two most important things to the hundreds of little things, well... The hundreds of little things tipped the scale. It was why I could feel myself putting in the effort, but with one goal in mind... One I was sure she probably wouldn't agree to if she knew just what I was doing.

Claire however... She was different. A lot different, actually. She had this sexy quirky thing, in that she was sexy to me when she wasn't trying to be. Her sexiness didn't come from the makeup she wore or the clothes she put on, it just came from her core. The way she acted, the little things she did or said. She was hot like Laurel, but not in the same way Laurel was. With Laurel I felt everything was on the surface, and inside was just this never-ending void that you had to battle off debris as you swam through, just to get to the good stuff. To Claire there was a depth I could relate to, she was hot as fuck but every single one of her layers had something I could connect with. It was exactly why we could just chill in her garage and change her oil and everything could be cool and casual. But Claire didn't have the music, and the Eva thing plus our history made her ten shades of complicated. That made choosing a goal with Claire far less straight forward than with Laurel. Because I genuinely didn't know what I wanted from her. All I knew was every single time I'd bumped into Claire since the Jude incident, I didn't want her to leave. I actually wanted to be around her.

Now I wasn't looking for some woman I could call my girlfriend, fiance, wife, whatever. I wasn't looking for anything. But it had been hard for me lately, to get back to normal. To avoid looking in too deep and just enjoy what was on the surface. I wanted to get back to that so bad, and I was trying so damn hard too, but after the Penny thing, Jude thing, Shane thing, Michelle thing, and especially after the Donna thing... Shit was fucked in my head. I guess you could call it guilt... Maybe a combination of guilt and fear. And I could admit that. Maybe I was just getting older, maybe parts of me were ''maturing'' whatever that meant. But I was realizing there actually were people in my life that I didn't want to hurt. People that I easily could hurt, intentional or not. After Donna, I wasn't gonna make the same careless mistakes again.

Right now was a perfect example of how I felt about Claire. Because we had gone from this awkward moment under the car, to fucking fire, and then casual all over again. She had everything and it was enough to make my head spin. Fuck, maybe her origins had something to do with it. Maybe she had twenty different personalities and I was getting to taste every single one. Shit, that would be wifey material. It would be like sleeping with a different chick every night. As long as she promised to change up her look on a per personality basis, wigs, clothes, makeup, whatever, I would get on one knee right now and ask her to fly to Vegas with me and let elvis turn her into a byrner.

It isn't, brutal actually. I think.... I placed my hand on my back and hunched over, Yep, just threw my back out. I sighed through my sarcastic lie. You're gonna have to give me a back rub and uh, feed me dinner. That's the only way to cure a broken back. I mean it's practically a law. You do realize my job involves saving lives from burning buildings, I need to be at my fittest, Claire. I tilted my nose in the air and smiled a closed smile, sending my eyes into little upside down crescents before topping off her power steering fluid and twisting the cap back on. Hell yeah, I even cry when assholes steal my lollipops and get mashed peas all down my shirt every time I eat 'em. I crossed my arms, stepping closer to her and looking down in agreement. Don't judge a book by it's cover Claire. I said, flexing all the while.

I leaned over the engine beside her, looking down but listening intently to every word. Really. I said lightly, nudging her arm with my own. Because I know this guy, John, he has this bad habit of never flushing the toilet, the guy probably only showers about twice a month, really messy, but overall he's a really a good guy, you'd like him, honestly. He's been looking for a place to live for a while, so maybe I could talk to him? I paused, letting it sink in for a minute before taking a step back and checking behind me to make sure the fold out chair I saw was still propped up, and sat down. So maybe he could take my place at Debo's and I could move in here? I smiled wide, rubbing my hands together mischievously at my little prank. I mean who else is gonna drink all of your beer and have awkward conversations with you over an oil change that should have been done about twenty minutes ago but I'm postponing because I like hangin' out with you?

Back to top Go down

Claire Trevino

Posted on Sun Feb 19, 2017 7:55 pm

He couldn’t turn it off, right? Is that what it was? Did he really want to complicate things more than they already were? Or was he just not seeing the big picture? But I tried to see the “big picture” I was thinking about and it was muggy, fuzzy, incoherent. We had some kind of past, and I was sure that if I really tried hard enough I would be able to see details. But I had specifically honed my ability to avoid doing just that. Maybe, whether he knew it or not, he had too. Maybe I wasn’t Eva to him anymore, or maybe he saw me more correctly than I saw myself. Like it or not, Eva would always be a part of me. Maybe he knew a truth I turned a blind eye toward.

I cocked my head to the side with a smug grin, although I could feel the burning in my cheeks that completely defied my confidence. Uh-huh, sure. I said, and finally took a breath as he turned around, doing more fiddling with my car. Sure you’re not just rescuing cats from trees all day? I guess I could figure out some dinner, but we’ll have to talk about the back rub later. I know this great masseuse, his name is Alfonzo. By this time a full set of teeth were showing with my smile.

At first I was obviously confused, thinking “John” was a code for him himself, basically excusing himself beforehand saying he’d be a bad roommate. Then I realized he was just being facetious. Shouldn’t have surprised me. I slowly nodded, my grin still present but just a cheek to cheek closed lipped grin. My apologies to Debo, then. What kind of wormhole did I just open up?! Logan living here with me? Alright, of course I’m only pretending to think it’s a bad idea. Inside I’m actually squealing. Of course my stomach will be in knots the whole time but I will actually love it.

Hanging out with me or the free beer? I wasn’t going to admit I really only bought it for when he came around, and didn’t mind it a bit. I looked up at him, my cheeks now hurting from just smiling too hard and too long. Still, it wasn’t going away anytime soon. So… dinner? Chinese? It was as if a switch flipped, and I was more relaxed. He said yes. I knew I wanted something from him, what it was, I had no idea. But I didn’t have to try to get it today, whatever it was. I had time and I wasn’t going to be alone. My face relaxed, I winked, and almost skipped off to get my phone. I think Dragon Express delivers, unless you feel like going for a ride. Chinese near me I typed into the search bar. We can talk numbers later.

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics