setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Closed] FIsheye Lens

[Closed] FIsheye Lens

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

[Closed] FIsheye Lens

Logan Milo Byrne | Human; Citizen

Posted on Sun Oct 30, 2016 8:32 pm

Thread Details
Claire's Home | Cool but Calm | 5 P.M.

Plain white tee, dark denim jeans, lumberjack boots, and that's probs about it.

I'd texted first, because admittedly, other than hotdoc, Claire had been the only other person on my mind. Maybe hotdoc was just a filler, padding for the fall Claire and I had taken the last time we met up. And she was good padding, something positive to look forward to, essentially, hotdoc was the eye of my storm. But I couldn't ignore what had happened. And it was so undeniably me to leave the eye and throw myself right into the wind. I couldn't just watch everything be torn apart around me and not do anything. So I reached out. Which was what had lead me to her place, in the evening, with a fuck load on my mind.

I sat in my car, checking my teeth in the rear view mirror before hopping out and stepping up to her door. What? Maybe this woman came with more baggage than American Airlines, but she was hot? And we had history, even if she didn't want to remember it, we did. I gave the door two knocks before shoving my hands in my pockets and leaning up to the peephole, trying to peer inside even though I knew it didn't work that way. I heard some shuffling on the other side and plastered on one of those big smiles directed right at the peephole, those were the fucking best to look at through fish eye lenses.

Back to top Go down

Claire Trevino

Re: [Closed] FIsheye Lens

Claire Trevino | Human; Citizen

Posted on Sun Oct 30, 2016 9:10 pm

Claire is wearing dark grey sweats with black oil stains and a tight black long sleeve tee. Her socks are gray with strawberry print. Hair is in a high messy bun.

Maybe that day should have been a lesson to me. I had thought that the beginning of my… memory loss was unintentional. I just went along with it, because what good were those memories going to do me? What were they going to give me other than pain? But after seeing the hurt in Logan’s eyes, I realized that it couldn’t just be about me. I didn’t know what Logan was now, I just knew there was something I liked about having him in my life. I’d thought it was his physical stature. Yes, he was hot, but it was more… I don’t know. Something about him made me feel safe. And yes, I felt protected by him, especially after things with south with Shane. And the funny thing was, apparently I wasn’t the one who needed the protection. I couldn’t begin to understand what had happened between the two, but it seemed beyond the harm of a few revisited memories.

I almost jumped when I heard the knock. I was moving clothes from the washer to the dryer, and I hurried to throw the last two shirts in and shut the door, forgetting to push the button before I ran off to the door. I knew it would be Logan, but I looked through just to make sure it wasn’t UPS. Or maybe to mentally prepare myself for seeing the whole thing. My worries faded as quickly as they’d arrived and I grinned stupidly seeing him smiling like a goon at the lens. I backed up and opened the door, shaking my head with a grin. At that moment I felt simply like I didn’t deserve him.

Come in, I said before stepping out of the way. Oh! Crap! I said, before running off to the laundry room. Forgot to start the dryer, I yelled behind me. I turned the knob and pressed the button before jogging back to meet him in the front room. Want anything to drink? I have a few beers in the fridge for when some of the guys come over. Season is at an end so, you know, less guys.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Sun Oct 30, 2016 9:55 pm

My grin had warranted one in return, which was always welcome. I wasn't a fool, I knew we had shit that we probably should talk about but, I don't know... Entering her home, seeing her sexy as fuck in what looked like oil stained sweats and just... Natural, in her element. It was just inviting. In fact, it was all it took to loosen the tension I was feeling, I was already starting to relax.

How's shit? Good? You haven't been talking to... Uh... You know, have you? I yelled back as I wandered around, taking in the room. There was just one thing that was nagging at the back of my mind. A realization, one that I'd thought I came to before, a long time ago when I'd talked to her at the races... But I hadn't, and I only knew I hadn't realized the truth until now because I was really seeing it. In person. As I picked up a framed picture of her making a silly face with a friend I just... I knew.

She really wasn't Eva. Nothing in here was familiar to me. It was fucked to have a history with someone, to still see them and know what had happened to them, to remember, and that person not being dead but just... Being gone. Who knew there was an alternate way out of life? That shit was enough to turn my brain into sludge. I couldn't, I couldn't wrap my head around it, in the same exact way I couldn't wrap my head around space having no end. She was literally the fucking universe, no end, no sense, but still fucking captivating and humbling.

I quickly put the picture down as I heard her voice, but slipped and knocked it over. I propped it back up and put both hands up above it as if it was going to magically fall over again. I was fucking ready to catch it if it fell. Yeah a beer sounds bomb actually. I gave my stomach a pat, I shoulda brought some actually, I can put those suckers away like a black hole. I made a slurping sound as I plopped onto her sofa and lounged in it as if it was my own, one arm curved and propped up around the back of it. So Claire... I made a point to emphasize her name. You wanna talk trash or... Anything else in mind? Maybe something we can talk trash and do at the same time? I can multi-task like a mother fucker.

Back to top Go down

Claire Trevino

Claire Trevino | Human; Citizen

Posted on Mon Oct 31, 2016 12:00 am

Are you kidding me? I yelled over the whir of the dryer. Weird, but something about the sound of the clothes bumping around in the dryer was comforting. It was just cozy and just made me feel relaxed. And I don't want to get my hopes up, I said, now within a decent distance so I didn't have to yell, but I haven't heard from him either.

All too happy when the subject sort of changed, I was off to the kitchen, grabbing him a beer and myself a ginger ale. I handed him the beer, hoping he was good with.. what was this stuff again? Newcastle. It was a little pricey, but it was something Sparky had liked, and with all the help he'd given me with the Nova, a few extra bucks on nice beer wouldn't hurt. I started to take a seat, but instead a grin formed as I listened to Logan stumble around... something. Maybe that was guy language for, we should talk. If so, it was really more adorable than it should be and I almost felt guilty for being amused at listening to him struggle. Even if the slightly awkward use of my name had given me a pang of.. something. It was alright. I was shutting it all down. I was happy in my little white house, doing my laundry, getting things done. Later after Logan left, I would reheat yesterday's chili and study for my Biology II exam. I would just plow through life as if the other life that was beginning to flood through my mind was simply a bad dream. I opened my ginger ale and put the lid on the coffee table beside Logan before taking a drink.

You know, I've been meaning to change the oil in the Nova. You mind helping? Something I had been meaning to do, and it always went better with two people. Maybe if I was lucky I could get his help with the front brakes, too. I wasn't going to push it, but a girl could try, right? Besides, as unusual as it was for the man to be the one to avoid serious conversation, in this case, I had a feeling it was me this time around.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Mon Oct 31, 2016 12:24 am

Good, maybe that punch to his face knocked some sense into his head? I laughed, awkwardly. I don't know, I wasn't violent. Not like some people, not like my cousin for example. I wasn't prone to turning whatever jumbly shit I was feeling inside into violence. I wasn't a hippie either, I didn't cry when a tree was cut down or mourn for a dead fish. I was, okay, I was a middle man. A bit of both. I didn't hit unless someone deserved it, and Shane did deserve it. Really though, you should stay away from the guy. And now, I swear, I'm not gonna bring it up again. Not a peep from me. Nope, nope, nope. I shook my head with my eyes closed, and when I opened them, I was gifted a beer. She was her own person, I wasn't about to remind her over and over about how dangerous he was. She made her own choices. The truth, I just didn't want to have to follow her around to make sure she wasn't getting involved with anymore evil Merlins. The girl was a magnet for that shit.

Yeah let's do this shit! I said, more pumped for the idea than I should have been. And when I got up I instinctively opened the door that I thought lead to the garage, but... It was a closet. Uh, whoops? Sorry I, nevermind. I laughed, reaching into my pocket for my keys to take off the cap of my beer. Why don't I let you lead the way, since it's yanno, your place. I followed, snapping off the top and watching it fly god knows where behind me. Entering the garage I was greeted with that sweet, sweet smell of, well, garage. It was a mix of scents usually, all of which came together into one glorious mega-scent. It, to a man, was better than flowers to a woman.

So where's the goods babe, oil, whatever you're collecting the oil in, rags... What kinda oil you feedin' this thing anyway? I gave it a pet, delicately of course, and used my shirt to wipe away any finger prints. Flashing her a smile before taking another drink and setting my beer down on a nearby surface. My hands rubbed together and I licked my lips in anticipation.

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics